Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Hardcore Returns may 17th (Read 21588 times)
Notanarc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Hardcore Returns may 17th
Reply #25 - May 20th, 2023 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on May 20th, 2023 at 4:40pm:
Or frankly, just having a buffer against the inevitable lag spikes.

^This, so much this.  I was running the harbor tonight and lag spikes so bad I'm rubberbanding in quests and missing mobs that are standing right in front of me.  Dying under those conditions shouldn't count.  SSG is a bunch of fucking wankers.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - May 21st, 2023 at 2:31am
Print Post  
Notanarc wrote on May 20th, 2023 at 10:35pm:
  SSG is a bunch of fucking wankers.

This.

IP Logged

Kelltore
Waterworks Kobold

I Hate Drama and Hate
People who Start It

Reply #27 - May 21st, 2023 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Personally I just Started a New Job so I work Full Time with those Shit rewards this season I will just not play it lol I want another chance at bloody foot prints or something actually worthwhile and these rewards are just too bleh 🤮

I’m not here for Clout or Drama, Yet am Consistently Called out for it. My personal issue is not with the Vault but with People who think they are the most intelligent on a Forum when in Reality they are just the Loudest and Most Annoying who think it’s Ok to Bully People when they are dumber than a Box of Jugs- Errrm Rocks.

IP Logged

Killtard
Waterworks Kobold

I love killing tards!

Reply #28 - May 22nd, 2023 at 5:49am
Print Post  
Kelltore wrote on May 21st, 2023 at 7:57pm:
Personally I just Started a New Job so I work Full Time with those Shit rewards this season I will just not play it lol I want another chance at bloody foot prints or something actually worthwhile and these rewards are just too bleh 🤮

This from the same turdnibbler who shouted how he was quitting ddo and the Vault just a couple months ago, after he tried to claim he had sold his account for 1k   Cheesy

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #29 - May 22nd, 2023 at 9:51am
Print Post  
Did you miss season 5, where footprints were available again?  loosers

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #30 - May 22nd, 2023 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Kelltore wrote on May 21st, 2023 at 7:57pm:

The irony here is the bloody footprints are the single most valuable tool for allowing veteran players to assist newbie players... and are available exclusively to the class of veteran least likely to want to assist newbs.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #31 - May 22nd, 2023 at 11:42am
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on May 22nd, 2023 at 9:51am:
loosers

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #32 - May 22nd, 2023 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on May 22nd, 2023 at 10:58am:
The irony here is the bloody footprints are the single most valuable tool for allowing veteran players to assist newbie players... and are available exclusively to the class of veteran least likely to want to assist newbs.

Season 5 was available to everyone I think.  5K reward.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #33 - May 22nd, 2023 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
Standing Stone Games wrote on May 22nd, 2023 at 11:42am:

spelling and/or grammer natzi loozer

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #34 - May 22nd, 2023 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on May 22nd, 2023 at 12:34pm:
Season 5 was available to everyone I think.  5K reward. 

Whoosh.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #35 - May 22nd, 2023 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on May 22nd, 2023 at 12:35pm:
spelling and/or grammer natzi loozer

G & R™

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #36 - May 22nd, 2023 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Standing Stone Games wrote on May 22nd, 2023 at 1:16pm:
G & R™

It was better last time you used it.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - May 22nd, 2023 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
I'm trying hardcore for the first time (apart from making a character each time for the free stuff) purely to do this dragon horde thing.

I may never use the golden footprints but I like a goal that doesn't involve grinding, just showing up in a few particular quests and not dying. Not a big time sink.

I'm liking the abundance of groups, random pug guys absolutely looking out for each other, fast leveling as it's a first life character and random loot actually mattering. Considering it'll take less time than doing a single racial life, for me it's a nice change of pace.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #38 - May 22nd, 2023 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Here's the reasons I can't get behind the footprints:

1. They don't make any conceptual sense. Leaving gold prints doesn't make any sense at all.
2. They are a sad consolation for people that missed the bloody ones
3. IF I grind them out, then I'm putting a sign on my head that says, "HEY I WJANT PRINTZ TOOOO SO I'M WILLING TO SETTLE FOR THESE DUMB ONEZ"

Now, if they at least made sense, I'd consider it. For example, just black shadow foot prints would be cool.

But, I just can't justify gold. It makes it seem like I'm a whiner, and I can't live with myself if I had this silly reminder continually.

Now, I won't judge people that do this and end up with gold prints. Except I probably will think in the back of my mind just a little: "You silly goose." I just can't do it myself. I already know I'm a moron. This would just be rubbing it in to myself.
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2023 at 2:35pm by Head-Meat »  

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #39 - May 22nd, 2023 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on May 22nd, 2023 at 2:32pm:
Now, if they at least made sense, I'd consider it. For example, just black shadow foot prints would be cool.

Shadowy black footprints would be very cool.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #40 - May 22nd, 2023 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on May 22nd, 2023 at 2:32pm:
Here's the reasons I can't get behind the footprints:

1. They don't make any conceptual sense. Leaving gold prints doesn't make any sense at all.
2. They are a sad consolation for people that missed the bloody ones
3. IF I grind them out, then I'm putting a sign on my head that says, "HEY I WJANT PRINTZ TOOOO SO I'M WILLING TO SETTLE FOR THESE DUMB ONEZ"

But, I just can't justify gold. It makes it seem like I'm a whiner, and I can't live with myself if I had this silly reminder continually.

Now, I won't judge people that do this and end up with gold prints. Except I probably will think in the back of my mind just a little: "You silly goose." I just can't do it myself. I already know I'm a moron. This would just be rubbing it in to myself.

I figure if the game still survives sometime next year or the year after we should be able to buy footprints in the store. Obviously not red or gold because something something crybabies from HCL, but it will be fore sale as a cosmetic sooner or later.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #41 - May 22nd, 2023 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
The bloody footprints are great.  They help clue people in where to go.

IP Logged

Everling
Waterworks Kobold

Living but dead.

Reply #42 - May 23rd, 2023 at 11:19am
Print Post  
Binkey wrote on May 22nd, 2023 at 1:56pm:
I may never use the golden footprints but I like a goal that doesn't involve grinding, just showing up in a few particular quests and not dying.

To be fair, I don't think anyone knows just how many eggs you need to get the golden footprints, or even if it has anything to do with the eggs at all...

Whether it's grindy or not depends on your outlook I suppose. Potentially having to get to level 30 on a server that will get deleted within 3 months, to have the possibility of maybe getting some golden footprints might seem grindy to some.

It's not like you can just rock up and run the 13+ quests. You still need to level up/gear up etc. and as you say, not die.

And with the hint giver awol at the moment, you might get to level 30 and find you missed 20 eggs.

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - May 23rd, 2023 at 11:52am
Print Post  
Agree with everything Head-Meat said, and I really don't care about the footprints per se, I'm just enjoying the hardcore game style and it's nice to have a target that I can get behind. If it were X amount of renown, then I know I'll get bored, but this seems doable. Certainly no worse than the usual goals of "once I have these extra lives and/or this loot then I'll be 5% more effective and still do the same content I have been doing, but very slightly better".

Everling may also be right, I'm going on holiday for a week this Friday and won't be playing again till I get back so hopefully I'll know if it's worth the effort by then.

To share a recent experience, did a tangleroot run on elite on hardcore. I'm just level 4. Going through the quests, everyone getting increasingly twitchy as things get harder and we approach the last quest. Nobody wanting to go near the traps, even though most of us have been hugging that right wall and not getting hit for 10+ years. One brave soul pulling the boss out to the rest of us, dropping to zero hp's doing it and me getting him up with a healing hands. We won, no deaths, great teamwork, felt like an achievement. Probably the best time I've had playing DDO in years.
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2023 at 11:55am by Binkey »  

IP Logged

Everling
Waterworks Kobold

Living but dead.

Reply #44 - May 23rd, 2023 at 12:22pm
Print Post  

Don't get me wrong. I love hardcore for lots of reasons and the groups there can be the most fun for sure. I like silver rolls where I might get 200xp and 10k plat, because I got 10k plat lol.

I am just not sure that what some people think is fact, or think has been promised is what it will turn out to be. But maybe that's just me being a pessimist...

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - May 23rd, 2023 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Pessimism and realism go hand in hand with SSG...

Can't believe I'd forgotten about silver rolls - thank you!

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #46 - May 23rd, 2023 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Binkey wrote on May 23rd, 2023 at 11:52am:
Agree with everything Head-Meat said, and I really don't care about the footprints per se, I'm just enjoying the hardcore game style and it's nice to have a target that I can get behind. If it were X amount of renown, then I know I'll get bored, but this seems doable. Certainly no worse than the usual goals of "once I have these extra lives and/or this loot then I'll be 5% more effective and still do the same content I have been doing, but very slightly better".

Everling may also be right, I'm going on holiday for a week this Friday and won't be playing again till I get back so hopefully I'll know if it's worth the effort by then.

To share a recent experience, did a tangleroot run on elite on hardcore. I'm just level 4. Going through the quests, everyone getting increasingly twitchy as things get harder and we approach the last quest. Nobody wanting to go near the traps, even though most of us have been hugging that right wall and not getting hit for 10+ years. One brave soul pulling the boss out to the rest of us, dropping to zero hp's doing it and me getting him up with a healing hands. We won, no deaths, great teamwork, felt like an achievement. Probably the best time I've had playing DDO in years.

That sounds fun, tbh. Nice.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Kelltore
Waterworks Kobold

I Hate Drama and Hate
People who Start It

Reply #47 - May 23rd, 2023 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Binkey wrote on May 23rd, 2023 at 11:52am:

Man that’s a hell of a save good on you for saving that soul! I wish more teammates were pro active like that seriously especially if they are not piking, I always drop heals in hardcore for people that actively help, good shit man!

I’m not here for Clout or Drama, Yet am Consistently Called out for it. My personal issue is not with the Vault but with People who think they are the most intelligent on a Forum when in Reality they are just the Loudest and Most Annoying who think it’s Ok to Bully People when they are dumber than a Box of Jugs- Errrm Rocks.

IP Logged

Shunned
DQ Assaulter

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #48 - May 23rd, 2023 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
so word on the virtual street is that somebody found a hex editor for their C64 and found out there is only 13 dragon pieces to find.

But where are they posting this info?  I saw allusions to it on the mainboard, but not here on the vault.  I thought this is where the cool hacker kids hung out.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #49 - May 23rd, 2023 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Shunned wrote on May 23rd, 2023 at 4:42pm:
...I thought...

We don't do that here.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint