Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Oh, the idiot Devs are thinking hard! (Read 9693 times)
somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Oh, the idiot Devs are thinking hard!
Reply #25 - Jun 22nd, 2023 at 8:11am
Print Post  
Notanarc wrote on Jun 22nd, 2023 at 6:22am:
Bullshit.  Devs don't play their own game.  Its obvious from the shit they do to the game.

I did let them know that if they were unsure what quests didn't have a conquest bonus, the wiki had that information. Maybe they will read up and learn all about DDO.

They should have sold a "Run a r10 quest chain with the devs" bundle. Because I would pay good money to see that shit show  in action!

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Jun 22nd, 2023 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
So let me get this right

SSG nerfs aoe damage then complains that people arent killing stuff? Sounds about right.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #27 - Jun 22nd, 2023 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Jun 22nd, 2023 at 8:11am:
I did let them know that if they were unsure what quests didn't have a conquest bonus, the wiki had that information. Maybe they will read up and learn all about DDO.

They should have sold a "Run a r10 quest chain with the devs" bundle. Because I would pay good money to see that shit show  in action!

They'd just toggle god mode and comment about how weird and strong dodge must be.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #28 - Jun 22nd, 2023 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Jun 22nd, 2023 at 8:11am:

I wouldn't wish that tedious bullshit on anyone.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #29 - Jun 22nd, 2023 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Justanotherlurker wrote on Jun 22nd, 2023 at 1:39pm:
SSG nerfs aoe damage then complains that people arent killing stuff? Sounds about right.

That tracks.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #30 - Jun 22nd, 2023 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Justanotherlurker wrote on Jun 22nd, 2023 at 1:39pm:
So let me get this right

SSG nerfs aoe damage then complains that people arent killing stuff?

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

The Grandest of Fellows
Titan Demolisher

Hail Friends!

Reply #31 - Jun 22nd, 2023 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
I don't see what you all are complaining about, its not like anyone around here has used
questing to level 1-20 in years!!!
  Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2023 at 7:18pm by The Grandest of Fellows »  

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jun 22nd, 2023 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
The changes also affect reaper xp

IP Logged

The Grandest of Fellows
Titan Demolisher

Hail Friends!

Reply #33 - Jun 22nd, 2023 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
Justanotherlurker wrote on Jun 22nd, 2023 at 7:25pm:

Pffft! oh come on, that matters to you??  No offense intended Lurky but if anyone still needs to grind to get reaper pts at this point in 2023 they are an order of fries short of a happy meal or a Pally visiting from the Mobos Grin Grin Grin

More likely you guys are just bitching to bitch, which is a venerable and long-time Vault & DDO dork tradition that I should probably cut you guys some slack for, but I'm not gonna.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2023 at 9:03pm by The Grandest of Fellows »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #34 - Jun 22nd, 2023 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
Justanotherlurker wrote on Jun 22nd, 2023 at 7:25pm:

This should end well.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Jun 23rd, 2023 at 4:14am
Print Post  
The Grandest of Fellows wrote on Jun 22nd, 2023 at 9:01pm:
Pffft! oh come on, that matters to you??  No offense intended Lurky but if anyone still needs to grind to get reaper pts at this point in 2023 they are an order of fries short of a happy meal or a Pally visiting from the Mobos Grin Grin Grin

More likely you guys are just bitching to bitch, which is a venerable and long-time Vault & DDO dork tradition that I should probably cut you guys some slack for, but I'm not gonna.  Cheesy

On my main? no im done but not finished with reapers on my 2nd toon

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Jun 23rd, 2023 at 6:35am
Print Post  
It's like someone from PoE has got a job there. Supporters packs and now all xp per monster killed.

IP Logged

Everling
Waterworks Kobold

Living but dead.

Reply #37 - Jun 23rd, 2023 at 9:00am
Print Post  

I am not reading the whole 30 pages, but it sounds like they are trying to fix players zerging through quests faster since the last DA/lag 'fix' update. Allegedly some streamer gave the game away?

I have no idea how they think that requiring conquest (thereby increasing completion times in most quests) will help in any way whatsoever.

IP Logged

Everling
Waterworks Kobold

Living but dead.

Reply #38 - Jun 23rd, 2023 at 9:03am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #39 - Jun 23rd, 2023 at 10:32am
Print Post  
Everling wrote on Jun 23rd, 2023 at 9:03am:

Strimtom...ruining the player experience since 2006.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Jun 23rd, 2023 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Everling wrote on Jun 23rd, 2023 at 9:03am:

Devs are dumb for changing things based on this video

1) The video was on Lamm - in reality the live servers never performed this well
2) They had to go out of their way to not kill anything it would actually have been easier and faster to throw the occasional aoe
3) They were playing on frigging EE even with lag you could do this and not be in danger of dying it just wouldnt be a fun experience

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Jun 23rd, 2023 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Everling wrote on Jun 23rd, 2023 at 9:00am:
I have no idea how they think that requiring conquest (thereby increasing completion times in most quests) will help in any way whatsoever.

it fucking doesn't. A lot of quests are going to be fucked. Fast, short, great xp quests, like, cogs, docks, grove are going to be ass if I have to kill 75% of the total trash mobs to get to the same place I am at now by playing the dungeon like a normal, functioning human being.

And the "long" quests that we do? Wiz king conquest? Von3 conquest? Reach for the Sky?

Slavers has like 400+ mob count when we farm it for mats. Not even close to conquest. Torc guesses that ToEE has 400 mobs. It's really multiples of that number. GL Conquesting that. GL even fixing that and making any adjustments. It's such a poor idea that any outcome involving conquest tied to our regular xp, that the system will automatically remain poor due to its foundation.
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2023 at 3:57pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #42 - Jun 23rd, 2023 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 21st, 2023 at 6:42pm:
Since when has that ever been possible?

Typically by the time the idea make it as far as us, they've already made up their mind.

Typically by the time the idea makes it to the Player Council ( or what's left of it ) it's already coded and in the live game, just waiting for the correct bit to be set to 1. ( unless the devs had a brainfart on something and actually asked something useful to the PC... It occured once in my tenure, and it was item names for 3BC [ basically it cosmetic, to make us ( in the PC ) believe we had power over things ] )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #43 - Jun 23rd, 2023 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
The Grandest of Fellows wrote on Jun 22nd, 2023 at 7:17pm:
I don't see what you all are complaining about, its not like anyone around here has used
questing to level 1-20 in years!!!
  Grin Grin Grin

It took my static group 16 years to reach LVL 30 with first life characters ( obviously ), most of them 28 pointers ( we had one or two 32 pointer, they joined later to fill vacant slots ) playing something like 1 to 3 hours every monday evening. Strangely, it took us 6 months to do 2 Epic TR, and we have now started with a full TR.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

The Grandest of Fellows
Titan Demolisher

Hail Friends!

Reply #44 - Jun 23rd, 2023 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 23rd, 2023 at 2:11pm:
It took my static group 16 years to reach LVL 30 with first life characters ( obviously ), most of them 28 pointers ( we had one or two 32 pointer, they joined later to fill vacant slots ) playing something like 1 to 3 hours every monday evening. Strangely, it took us 6 months to do 2 Epic TR, and we have now started with a full TR.

Now, now, you don't expect me to bite on that, do you? really? I mean I've got a fair bit of experience with bait you know? Hell Hag was a masterbaiter. Wink

Which is all beside the point, dudes got to stop whining about xp, reaper pts, and shit like it matters anymore  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

ddocruncher
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Jun 23rd, 2023 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Guess the Devs just want to kill off game for good

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #46 - Jun 23rd, 2023 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 23rd, 2023 at 2:00pm:
Typically by the time the idea makes it to the Player Council ( or what's left of it ) it's already coded and in the live game, just waiting for the correct bit to be set to 1. ( unless the devs had a brainfart on something and actually asked something useful to the PC... It occured once in my tenure, and it was item names for 3BC [ basically it cosmetic, to make us ( in the PC ) believe we had power over things ] )

The only exception to this I've ever seen was the first round of the Cleric Domains. In which a bunch of Cetus level retards voted against them making the war domain genuinely unique so that they could have Holy Sword on a cleric. I will never forgive the other PC members for that short sighted autism.

IP Logged

Shunned
DQ Assaulter

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Torc posts from the past- Back to the future!
Reply #47 - Jun 23rd, 2023 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/u60-preview-of-preview-2-lammania-xp-ch...

Quote:
Torc
Torc
Systems Developer

Yesterday at 4:27 PM

An updated proposal from feedback and additional leg work on a hot topic!

This is an early preview of what preview 2 might look like (this doesn't reflect what is in preview 1)

To recap our goal here is to make monsters a bit more worth while from an XP perspective using the conquest bonus. We also wanna clean up some of the confusion in first time bonuses (only one type plz). We got feedback on a mess of issues but one thing that came across is conquest is busted in many places and even when it's not busted, it's often not considered worth while because you need to go off critical path, and there are fears the XP per minute will slow significantly....

So we are changing our approach, and are using the lower conquest threshold of Aggressor as more the balance point with some XP buff-age for the higher conquest tiers.

Have a look. New stuff starts at bullet point 3. There are some important additional notes on reaper here btw.

Changes:

1. Bravery Bonus is being renamed Delving Bonus. Still. It's also getting a new tier for reaper so it will now work as thus...

Hard 50% Bonus

Elite 100% Bonus

Reaper 150% Bonus

Uses the same logic as bravery bonus did before meaning if you play on hard then elite you'll only get a 50% bonus for reaper, or if you JUST played on hard and then reaper the bonus would be 100%. Playing reaper from the get go would be 150%.

2. the "First Time Bonuses" per difficulty are being removed (Still. We are boosting in other places though to make up for it)

3. Conquest, Aggressor and Onslaught Bonuses are be greatly boosted, and give different values based on difficulty.

NEW CONQUEST BONUS VALUES
     Normal      Hard      Elite      Reaper      Old Requirement      New Requirement
Conquest      50      75      100      100      kill 80% of mobs in quest      kill 75% of the mobs in quest
Onslaught      35      45      50      50      kill 65% of the mobs in quest      kill 50% of mobs in quest
Aggression      25      25      25      25      kill 50% of the mobs in quest      kill 25% of mobs in quest

Additional....

A> The thresholds to reach a bonus are being lowered. Getting Aggression is twice as easy as it was before.​

B> Dungeons with extremely large monster counts will get addressed - There may be 400 mobs in TOEE (guessing) will be adjusted so aggression/onslaught happen for running critical path, and conquest won't require that much extra exploring. Broken quests (haverdasher/vault dragon fight) in heroic will get fix. The previous preview 1 thread gave us a pretty good idea where problem quests were.​

C> We are looking into communicating how many monsters you need to get these bonuses in the quest panel. We THINK we can get this working.​

4. Reaper XP

So as we've been looking at this we saw a few things we want to tweaking about reaper. In general reaper XP will just go up due to the conquest/Aggressor increases because those apply, but most of what we want to address is feedback in the quest panel about reaper XP is really lacking.

Note: First time bonuses and bravery bonus never applied to reaper XP, this was terribly unclear, which we intend to correct.

A> Reaper XP will now display before getting your 10 kills , and let you know you don't get reaper xp till you kill 10 mobs​

B> The Reaper XP 200% first time XP bonus will now display in the quest panel when it applies, and it will state that this bonus is used instead of delving​

C> We are looking at making the Reaper XP 200% bonus apply separately for heroic and epic/legendary each - so you can play something on reaper on heroic that has a legendary mode without screwing yourself out of the 30+ level bonus later.​

BEFORE & AFTER CHARTS. Example of Total XP % Quest Panel Bonuses.

NORMAL      Old conquest      New conquest      HARD      Old conquest      New conquest      ELITE      Old conquest      New conquest      REAPER      Old conquest      New conquest

conquest      25      50            25      75            25      100            25      100
1st time      20      0            20      0            45      0            95      0
Bravery      0      0            50      50            100      100            100      150
Ransack      15      15            15      15            15      15            15      15
Tome of Learning      50      50            50      50            50      50            50      50
Tamper      10      10            10      10            10      10            10      10
Observance      8      8            8      8            8      8            8      8
Total      128      133            178      208            253      283            303      333

Reaper XP note - because conquest applies to reaper xp you'll see about a 10-15% increase of total reaper xp for those who get conquest in a reaper dungeon when playing it the first time. The replay value a bit higher. We may increase xp ransack on reaper if spamming quests becomes common, the but delta is still a 2 to 1 or great ratio in favor of new quests so we don't think that'll be to much of a problem.

Note on daily bonus. Someone asked if this was changing...it's not changing at all! (probably should of been in this example chart. Shrug.

-T

Last edited: Today at 11:39 AM

Finally, he gives us the facts on first time bonus and bravery bonus and reaper xp!
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2023 at 7:14pm by Shunned »  

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Re: Torc posts from the past- Back to the future!
Reply #48 - Jun 23rd, 2023 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
Shunned wrote on Jun 23rd, 2023 at 7:13pm:
https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/u60-preview-of-preview-2-lammania-xp-ch...

Finally, he gives us the facts on first time bonus and bravery bonus and reaper xp!

Are you *sure* those are the facts?

Be careful when giving Devs any credit for any non-obvious DDO knowledge.

Because we should all know by now how little the Devs actually know about their game.

« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2023 at 8:00pm by Standing Stone Games »  

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Jun 23rd, 2023 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
rxp calcs have been known for years - anyone not knowing how it works has only got themselves to blame

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint