Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Crystal Cove was best event now worst event (Read 10237 times)
Wizzly
Ex Member

Re: Crystal Cove was best event now worst event
Reply #25 - Sep 29th, 2011 at 11:04am
Print Post  
JC wrote on Sep 29th, 2011 at 10:57am:
Somewhat of an old build, made before the level cap was 20. Currently built as a sorc/paladin/rogue 16/2/2. basicaly its made to be impossible to kill with huge saves, evasion, damage reduction and quickned reconstruct. it does moderate DPS and can still cast effectively and is loaded with a shit ton of guards (60-80 ideal damage each time he gets hit if the mob has no resistances.)

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=181901

Interesting. I like my pure wizard better. Less melée damage I'm sure, but better casting, and I've never found lack of evasion to be a problem, nor worth the loss of spell slots and spell pen.

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #26 - Sep 29th, 2011 at 11:05am
Print Post  
ran a few runs to check it out - didn't like the crippling blow; but had no bugs and the put I ran with had no issues completing in plenty of time both runs.  I need to switch my sorc to fire/acid from cold/acid for the event though....

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Halfling Pali-Rogues FTW!

Reply #27 - Sep 29th, 2011 at 11:55am
Print Post  

I spent all day yesterday doing CC runs, I somehow ended up with an uber-skilled CC group and they owned the content repeatedly, and we never had the non-complete problem.

Granted only once did someone DC inside a run, but it did not break anything, it still completed and the workers kept working.

Perhaps we were just exceptionally lucky though.

"Shiny stuff comes and goes; XP is forever."

2008-10-15: Full frontal Nerdity

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #28 - Sep 29th, 2011 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Nothing more frustrasting than having 8 mins left, a clear path to the last to 10 purple crystals and your bloody kolbolds cant make it around an easy corner no matter how you shift the torches as you watch the purples explode slowy as time winds down. And also... fun event for Melee Shocked they are as useless as a third tit on a nun in the cove.

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Wizzly
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Sep 29th, 2011 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Sep 29th, 2011 at 12:01pm:
Nothing more frustrasting than having 8 mins left, a clear path to the last to 10 purple crystals and your bloody kolbolds cant make it around an easy corner no matter how you shift the torches as you watch the purples explode slowy as time winds down. And also... fun event for Melee Shocked they are as useless as a third tit on a nun in the cove.

When are melée not useless?

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #30 - Sep 29th, 2011 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Quote:
When are melée not useless?

When you want to pike on your cleric?

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Wizzly
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Sep 29th, 2011 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
JC wrote on Sep 29th, 2011 at 12:09pm:
When you want to pike on your cleric?

Ok, one situation they're useful

IP Logged

ddoplayer064
Dragon Raider

GFY

Reply #32 - Sep 29th, 2011 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Sep 29th, 2011 at 12:01pm:

Pretty much  Cry Though I was complimented yesterday. One FvS said "Tyan is holding his own" after discussing the near uselessness of melee's in the Cove. My running joke was that I was the "token" in the party  Cheesy

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Sep 29th, 2011 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Yeah, it's definitely harder in there but I can't put my finger on why.  I haven't seen kobolds really get stuck unless someone was a doughnut and ran the line through a wall or something but that could just be luck.  I wonder if the kobolds are just taking more time at certain spots or something or if the torch runners are just out of practice.

Now the mobs...definitely more damage now and I hate crippling arrows like kobolds hate me.  On my pale master the damage is usually negligible unless I try to stand in melee range with a battalion of hobgoblins.  I can see how the damage would be nasty for melees though.

You really need a good group now to do well in there but 300's definitely still reachable.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #34 - Sep 29th, 2011 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Sep 29th, 2011 at 2:51pm:
Yeah, it's definitely harder in there but I can't put my finger on why.  I haven't seen kobolds really get stuck unless someone was a doughnut and ran the line through a wall or something but that could just be luck.  I wonder if the kobolds are just taking more time at certain spots or something or if the torch runners are just out of practice.

Now the mobs...definitely more damage now and I hate crippling arrows like kobolds hate me.  On my pale master the damage is usually negligible unless I try to stand in melee range with a battalion of hobgoblins.  I can see how the damage would be nasty for melees though.

You really need a good group now to do well in there but 300's definitely still reachable.

300 is reachable but its not fun anymore.

One thing that is making it more difficult is the fire wall nerf and the addition of Savants and the fact that no one puts many enhancemnt points in to fire anymore.

Its much better to do scouting with an arcane and divine team. Arcane dropping a WoF on the archers and the divine dropping a BB on the mobile mobs, leaving a melee to do torches and atleast one more caster of some type to run the lines.

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #35 - Sep 29th, 2011 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Why drop patch spells when targeted AoEs kill all the things?

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #36 - Sep 29th, 2011 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Sep 29th, 2011 at 4:07pm:
Why drop patch spells when targeted AoEs kill all the things?

What targeted AoEs are you talking about?

On a divine you have cometfall (not going to kill anything efficiently. On my fvs I kite through the BB and use Mass Heal on the undead, but the archers tear me a new one even with displacement.

I supose on an Arcane you have a few moe options but they are taking out the undead archers very quickly, not like a DBF used to.

The fleshy mobs arent to bad unless you get into a cross fire from 4 or more archers, then you are screwed in most cases.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #37 - Sep 29th, 2011 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
I was talking about Air Savant chain lightning.  Anything it doesn't kill the SLA's will clean up on the cheap.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Sep 30th, 2011 at 12:03am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 29th, 2011 at 10:09am:
Completionist is a long journey for someone who despises leveling....

this is why turbine is thinking of having past lives in the ddo store. 9995TP per past live.  Shocked

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #39 - Sep 30th, 2011 at 12:15am
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Sep 30th, 2011 at 12:03am:
this is why turbine is thinking of having past lives in the ddo store. 9995TP per past live.  Shocked

I wont lie, I would buy one, maybe two if I could justify it with myself.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

TallGuy
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Sep 30th, 2011 at 3:20am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Sep 29th, 2011 at 8:23am:
Since I don't want my PM aura healing all of the Skeletons, I've been pretending to be a WF Archmage instead of a WF Pale Master.

I died a couple of times before I got used to the fact that I actually have to heal myself regularly now.  And the fact that those skeletons hit a hell of a lot harder than they did in March.

Try a stack of scrolls of halt undead. Pop off a scroll, put up a firewall and fend off the zombie. For some reason the zombie isn't affected (probably because it's one of those intelligent ones from Black Tide), but one firewall takes care of all of em with minimal damage.

Took me a while to find that out, but it made my life a lot easier once I did. Smiley

TallGuy

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Sep 30th, 2011 at 3:52am
Print Post  
Honestly, the more I ran it today, the more I'm convinced that the reason that they didn't roll out the new BtC mechanism for the loot is because they had to roll the old version of the Cove and couldn't fix the problems with whatever they'd changed since last time.  Especially with the epic ward thing still happening and whatnot.  Wasn't that supposed to be fixed, as well?

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Sep 30th, 2011 at 5:35am
Print Post  
Sadly, have only gotten into 1 decent pug for CC since they got it turned back on.  2 fvs...1 was mine, 2 casters, and 2 melee, 1 pally and 1 rogue.  Good thing is I only have to make 1 more epic spyglass then I can be done with it alltogether.  Smiley

Saal Smiley

Hello Darkness, my old friend!  It's nice to talk with you again!
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:30pm:
They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

IP Logged

arkohighstar
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Sep 30th, 2011 at 9:48am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Sep 29th, 2011 at 3:28pm:
300 is reachable but its not fun anymore.

One thing that is making it more difficult is the fire wall nerf and the addition of Savants and the fact that no one puts many enhancemnt points in to fire anymore.

Its much better to do scouting with an arcane and divine team. Arcane dropping a WoF on the archers and the divine dropping a BB on the mobile mobs, leaving a melee to do torches and atleast one more caster of some type to run the lines.

300 is still fairly easy with a group with at least 2 casters, we were doing lvl 25 with a prty that had a lvl 17 and 18 in it and usually had 5 minutes or so left and this was strictly pugville. Only time we came even close(2 minutes) was due to a bad purple placement which meant going all the way down to the bowling alley after doing the waterfalls.
Are the mobs hitting harder on lvl 25, yep they certainly are, but lvl 25 was a joke last time, now its just a little less of a joke.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #44 - Sep 30th, 2011 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Quote:
300 is still fairly easy with a group with at least 2 casters, we were doing lvl 25 with a prty that had a lvl 17 and 18 in it and usually had 5 minutes or so left and this was strictly pugville. Only time we came even close(2 minutes) was due to a bad purple placement which meant going all the way down to the bowling alley after doing the waterfalls.
Are the mobs hitting harder on lvl 25, yep they certainly are, but lvl 25 was a joke last time, now its just a little less of a joke.

It's not a matter of it being difficult, it's the type of tedious it has become. Either way I'm stuck in the cove for 40 minutes which is annoying enough but now I spend it crippled watching kolbolds run around with empty barrels.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #45 - Sep 30th, 2011 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Sep 30th, 2011 at 2:05pm:
It's not a matter of it being difficult, it's the type of tedious it has become. Either way I'm stuck in the cove for 40 minutes which is annoying enough but now I spend it crippled watching kolbolds run around with empty barrels.

Roll a character on Khyber and I'll let you hang out in my Crystal Cove!  Leave Marines on Argo plz.

IP Logged

noneill
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!<br />

Reply #46 - Sep 30th, 2011 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
I ran it endlessly last time. I have ran it twice this time and I am already sick of it.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #47 - Oct 1st, 2011 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Roll a character on Khyber and I'll let you hang out in my Crystal Cove!  Leave Marines on Argo plz.

You can order my kolbold to mine your cove for treasure any day!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

noneill
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!<br />

Reply #48 - Oct 9th, 2011 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
So now that the event is almost over, is there anything to buy with golden doubloons this time?
Planning on buying air ele's with my copper and silver.

IP Logged

kinggartk
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Quote:
Nobody asked you to speak Korthonoob, and 'sides, can't hear you with all them weiners n franks in your mouth anyway.

To make a baseball analogy:

I'm sure your little undead Wizzy makes a great utility infielder.  Good at shagging grounders and laying down the occasional sacrifice bunt. Heck you might even be a switch hitter  Roll Eyes.  But while your riding the pine, My Savant is leading the league in Homers, RBI and Batting avg...so get back in the dugout Mendoza.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint