Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Update 12 (Read 38564 times)
Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Re: Update 12
Reply #225 - Nov 5th, 2011 at 9:17am
Print Post  
Siver wrote on Nov 4th, 2011 at 11:20pm:
Compared to 4E, DDO is a relatively faithful translation of D&D. It's a matter of perspective.

(As a preemptive defense, I see this as a translation of the 3.5 rules to an MMO format. As such, I expect nothing more than the names of the classes and races to remain the same. Anything else is likely to be completely different.)

By that standard it's the same as 4th edition. Aside from very superficial similarities, everything is different. So I don't judge DDO by D&D standards, as that means it objectively fails out of the gate. Instead I judge it as a CRPG grind game in a 3rd person shooter engine. And that was alright for a while.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #226 - Nov 5th, 2011 at 9:19am
Print Post  
Siver wrote on Nov 4th, 2011 at 11:20pm:
Compared to 4E, DDO is a relatively faithful translation of D&D. It's a matter of perspective.

(As a preemptive defense, I see this as a translation of the 3.5 rules to an MMO format. As such, I expect nothing more than the names of the classes and races to remain the same. Anything else is likely to be completely different.)

Well yeah, the classes/feats/abilities are *based* on 3.5, loosely Cheesy So it definitely has d&d 'flavor', whatever that means (although a lot of people seem to think d&d flavor = forgotten realms flavor and hate the poor WF  Embarrassed).

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #227 - Nov 5th, 2011 at 9:20am
Print Post  
sweez wrote on Nov 5th, 2011 at 9:19am:
Well yeah, the classes/feats/abilities are *based* on 3.5, loosely Cheesy So it definitely has d&d 'flavor', whatever that means (although a lot of people seem to think d&d flavor = forgotten realms flavor and hate the poor WF  Embarrassed).

Fires exist so people like that can die in them. True story.

When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #228 - Nov 5th, 2011 at 9:21am
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Nov 4th, 2011 at 11:26pm:
I don't expect it to be just like PnP, but I also didn't expect something like Ice Games (Mario Bros collecting coins).

Well yeah, Turbine has this knack for creating a context, but then randomly slotting things in the game that are in a completely different context. Sometimes it's different and fun (at least for the first 500 times), like the Cove, and sometimes it's just... different, like the ice games.

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #229 - Nov 5th, 2011 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Nov 5th, 2011 at 9:20am:

I'm roleplaying a homicidal pyromaniac and I endorse your opinions.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #230 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 10:40am
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Nov 5th, 2011 at 9:20am:

No no no. Wishing death on people is bad remember? You are supposed to wish that they live forever in a fire.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #231 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 11:22am
Print Post  
JC wrote on Nov 8th, 2011 at 10:40am:
No no no. Wishing death on people is bad remember? You are supposed to wish that they live forever in a fire.

Right. So I wish that they become Nuclear Dan's ideal.

Set yo enemies ON FIRE!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 
Send TopicPrint