Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Update 12 (Read 38666 times)
Nevynn
Horoluth Raider

Badgertastic!!

Re: Update 12
Reply #200 - Oct 28th, 2011 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Oct 28th, 2011 at 3:51pm:
Foot fungus?

Well that would certainly be something to take into account.

WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #201 - Oct 30th, 2011 at 4:36am
Print Post  
Calvet wrote on Oct 27th, 2011 at 8:02am:
Fixed it for you.

The reason I left out "for me" is that practically every D&D player I know isn't paying for the game since Turbine went off the deep end.   I even did surveys at conventions asking D&D players if they heard of DDO, have they tried it, and why did they quit. The majority of answers were 1) It wasn't D&D since they totally ignored core rules for non-technical reasons 2) The game was an unstable lagfest (crashes by clients and the servers) 3) How buggy the game was including reintroduction of bugs due to bad QA after every update.

I think the lack of ignoring even basic rules (such as when you go to 0 con, you die) of the game contributed to the continued lack of D&D players and created a tardfest for PUGs.

D&D players have:
  • A knowledge of the rules
  • How characters basically work (and some min/max)
  • Grouping to get a mission done by working together
  • Being able to understand that a fucking D6 means 1-6.

• Yes there are tards everyone - including those who play D&D, but at least these tards would have some knowledge that gives them an advantage over the latest tards to infest the servers.

/walloftext
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2011 at 4:41am by Dark_Helmet »  

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #202 - Oct 30th, 2011 at 5:33am
Print Post  
Hmm. I still suspect that once you get out of F2P noob central areas like Korthos and the Harbour that the player base age profile is older and more sensible than a lot of other MMOs - although in fairness I've not ever gotten to endgame on another MMO.

I quite like the idea of the challenges - I'm going to solo through them on Lama and give feedback this week. Something solo friendly that you can pick up that still generates benefit at level 20 doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. Beats scroll farming, anyway. And while I like Weapons Shipment Elite, it's nice to have another option.

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #203 - Oct 30th, 2011 at 6:05am
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Oct 30th, 2011 at 4:36am:
The reason I left out "for me" is that practically every D&D player I know isn't paying for the game since Turbine went off the deep end.   I even did surveys at conventions asking D&D players if they heard of DDO, have they tried it, and why did they quit. The majority of answers were 1) It wasn't D&D since they totally ignored core rules for non-technical reasons 2) The game was an unstable lagfest (crashes by clients and the servers) 3) How buggy the game was including reintroduction of bugs due to bad QA after every update.

I think the lack of ignoring even basic rules (such as when you go to 0 con, you die) of the game contributed to the continued lack of D&D players and created a tardfest for PUGs.

D&D players have:

• Yes there are tards everyone - including those who play D&D, but at least these tards would have some knowledge that gives them an advantage over the latest tards to infest the servers.

/walloftext

Not sure I agree with that really. D&D pnp like this game or any game will have its hardcore people who know the ins and outs of a cats arse and the more casual types who play purely to pass the time without having to treat it like a job.

Every game will have its rule lawyers and every game will have the ones who don't have much of an idea of the rules and just muddle along (But are still enjoying themselves, which hopefully is the main reason for playing any game).

I'm not arguing that there are D&D purists out there who don't want to play this game anymore, but there's plenty of old D&D players (Myself and plenty on this forum) who still enjoy this hybrid version.

I call your Wall of text and raise it with another one  Cheesy

« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2011 at 6:06am by Calvet »  

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #204 - Oct 30th, 2011 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Calvet wrote on Oct 30th, 2011 at 6:05am:
but there's plenty of old D&D players (Myself and plenty on this forum) who still enjoy this hybrid version.

this

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #205 - Oct 30th, 2011 at 12:48pm
Print Post  

D&D players have:

/walloftext

I think this is the dumbest post I have read on the Vault outside of P&R.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #206 - Oct 30th, 2011 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Perhaps D&D players at conventions aren't totally representative of the larger player base. But I'm sure your survey was all scientific and everything.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #207 - Oct 30th, 2011 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
practically every D&D player I know isn't paying for the game since Turbine went off the deep end. 

I dont think many people are paying for this game period. most everyone I know that was VIP has since dropped their sub and pick up whatever packs they need with their store of TP accrued while they were VIP. bravery bonus just means when we TR we gain 5-600TP every TR.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #208 - Oct 30th, 2011 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Oct 30th, 2011 at 6:23pm:
I dont think many people are paying for this game period. most everyone I know that was VIP has since dropped their sub and pick up whatever packs they need with their store of TP accrued while they were VIP. bravery bonus just means when we TR we gain 5-600TP every TR.

I haven't really played the game since the arti pack came out. I have jumped on every once in a while to run a quick shroud whatever but other than that nothing.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

kmack
Ex Member

Reply #209 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 1:26am
Print Post  

I think a lack of ignoring the way words work creates a tardfest on forums.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #210 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 10:27am
Print Post  
Looks like the neat-but-not-uber Paladin sword introduced for U12 is a terrible boss beater.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4151249#post4151249

In addition to dispelling any buffs that an enemy might have, it also dispells the enemy's debuffs and any DoTs that are on them.  Please smack any paladins that weild this weapon in U12 with a rolled up newspaper.

fnord

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #211 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 10:50am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Oct 31st, 2011 at 10:27am:
In addition to dispelling any buffs that an enemy might have, it also dispells the enemy's debuffs and any DoTs that are on them.

I assume this is a bug and would hope it gets fixed before U12 releases.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #212 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 10:51am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Oct 31st, 2011 at 10:27am:
Looks like the neat-but-not-uber Paladin sword introduced for U12 is a terrible boss beater.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4151249#post4151249

In addition to dispelling any buffs that an enemy might have, it also dispells the enemy's debuffs and any DoTs that are on them.  Please smack any paladins that weild this weapon in U12 with a rolled up newspaper.

Sounds par for the course.

Eladiun wrote on Oct 31st, 2011 at 10:50am:

I never assume any bug will ever get fixed. That way when something finally does get fixed, I'm pleasantly surprised!

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #213 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Oct 31st, 2011 at 10:50am:

Grin BWAHAHAHAHA!   Grin

Oh, you were serious?   Cry

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #214 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Oct 31st, 2011 at 11:46am:
Grin BWAHAHAHAHA!   Grin

Oh, you were serious?   Cry

Not entirely...

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #215 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 11:56am
Print Post  

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Scupperer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #216 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
I think the devs wanted the Divine Vengeance to remind us of what Paladins really are, so they made it subpar DPS and useful in only a few quests.
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2011 at 8:26pm by Scupperer »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #217 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Scupperer wrote on Oct 31st, 2011 at 8:00pm:
I think the devs wanted the Divine Vengeance to remind us of what Paladins really are, so they made it subpar DPS and useful in only a few quests.

Smiley Smiley Smiley

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #218 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 6:00pm
Print Post  

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #219 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
i'll believe it when i see it

if it does come out the 9th, i'll have 2 days of DDO before skyrim sucks me in

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #220 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Nov 1st, 2011 at 6:17pm:
i'll believe it when i see it

if it does come out the 9th, i'll have 2 days of DDO before skyrim sucks me in

word.

as long as there's no shitty level scaling like in Oblivion the game will be amazing and have me bating 24/7.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #221 - Nov 4th, 2011 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Well I dunno about other people, but I didn't play DDO because I liked D&D. It's far too different than that. I treated it as another CRPG grind game, because that's what it is.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #222 - Nov 4th, 2011 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Nov 4th, 2011 at 3:10pm:
Well I dunno about other people, but I didn't play DDO because I liked D&D. It's far too different than that. I treated it as another CRPG grind game, because that's what it is.

This. CRPG grind game in a very twitchy 3rd person shooter engine. Dunno why people insist on pretending it's something else Sad

IP Logged

Siver
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #223 - Nov 4th, 2011 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
sweez wrote on Nov 4th, 2011 at 11:14pm:
This. CRPG grind game in a very twitchy 3rd person shooter engine. Dunno why people insist on pretending it's something else Sad

Compared to 4E, DDO is a relatively faithful translation of D&D. It's a matter of perspective.

(As a preemptive defense, I see this as a translation of the 3.5 rules to an MMO format. As such, I expect nothing more than the names of the classes and races to remain the same. Anything else is likely to be completely different.)

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #224 - Nov 4th, 2011 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Oct 30th, 2011 at 1:25pm:
Perhaps D&D players at conventions aren't totally representative of the larger player base. But I'm sure your survey was all scientific and everything.

Yeah, I know it wasn't totally scientific and that there are plenty of PnP players who also play DDO.

I just figured the ratio would be better at conventions where people sign up for a module and play with total strangers (just like pugging). I can't recall ever being at a convention where a player was griefing the group on purpose.

I don't expect it to be just like PnP, but I also didn't expect something like Ice Games (Mario Bros collecting coins).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 
Send TopicPrint