Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Concordant effect with GS items (Read 57204 times)
Bazinga
Stormreaver Piker

Suck it Bay! Bay!

Re: Concordant effect with GS items
Reply #75 - Mar 6th, 2012 at 9:44pm
Print Post  

majmalphunktion wrote on Apr 26th, 2014 at 11:06pm:
Wow, you love me. There has been two big lag fixes in the past week. No, those are not going out with a hotfix. They are more wide ranging and take more time to test.
Of course every time you get like this, I keep wondering where your MMO is so I can play it. Obviously you know excatly how to piece one of these together. I can't keep apologizing a gazillion times for the back end tech and things people did on this game before I was even an employee. So one last time, yes some of the stuff from the before times sucks. Sorry about that. Yes we know, stop building new systems. Yes we know, finish the ones out there. Yes we know you hate bards.

And screw you for bringing up the laid off folks. That sucks every time. I made sure all my people landed in other jobs real quick. None of my 'casualties' are unemployed, just sadly not employed by Turbine. Every business goes through this.Even Valve has layoffs. It sucks every time. If you haven't had to do it then you just don't know. Picking people and knowing you are about to turn their life upside down is terrible, every time.
Not giving a bleep. No, I stop listening when the bile starts. Not worth my sanity. You know my rule, treat me like a human and I'll do the same back. When the rage train starts...cya.
So here is my peace out of the vault for a while. Thanks for the list Ranger, that was actually clear and helpful.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Mar 6th, 2012 at 9:45pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Bazinga
Stormreaver Piker

Suck it Bay! Bay!

Reply #77 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 6:28am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Mar 6th, 2012 at 9:45pm:

The more I read this thread the more I am convinced that Oak has an erzats homosexual relationship with the Vault  Roll Eyes

And he is the woman in that relationship.

Wow, you love me. There has been two big lag fixes in the past week. No, those are not going out with a hotfix. They are more wide ranging and take more time to test.
Of course every time you get like this, I keep wondering where your MMO is so I can play it. Obviously you know excatly how to piece one of these together. I can't keep apologizing a gazillion times for the back end tech and things people did on this game before I was even an employee. So one last time, yes some of the stuff from the before times sucks. Sorry about that. Yes we know, stop building new systems. Yes we know, finish the ones out there. Yes we know you hate bards.

And screw you for bringing up the laid off folks. That sucks every time. I made sure all my people landed in other jobs real quick. None of my 'casualties' are unemployed, just sadly not employed by Turbine. Every business goes through this.Even Valve has layoffs. It sucks every time. If you haven't had to do it then you just don't know. Picking people and knowing you are about to turn their life upside down is terrible, every time.
Not giving a bleep. No, I stop listening when the bile starts. Not worth my sanity. You know my rule, treat me like a human and I'll do the same back. When the rage train starts...cya.
So here is my peace out of the vault for a while. Thanks for the list Ranger, that was actually clear and helpful.

IP Logged

Crazeee
Waterworks Kobold

I Am Drama!

Reply #78 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 7:15am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Mar 6th, 2012 at 6:00pm:
Note that I don't think that all demotivational posters are automatically awful.  Tongue  What I find so fucking annoying is when the demotivational text adds absolutely nothing that couldn't be found in the original picture.  Behold!

Opinions are like assholes: everybody has one... but they all stink.

IP Logged

Dracosanct
Ex Member

Reply #79 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 8:45am
Print Post  
Bazinga wrote on Mar 7th, 2012 at 6:28am:
The more I read this thread the more I am convinced that Oak has an erzats homosexual relationship with the Vault  Roll Eyes

I'm pretty sure that, at least here, Oak only gets fucked when he wants to be fucked.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #80 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 11:39am
Print Post  
I'm with Oak on the demotivational horseshit. I thought that ship had sailed long ago. It appears it's still alive and well unfortunately.

I remember 2(?) years ago when the DDO forums had a demotivational screenshot contest. Talk about the Family Guy effect on a meme holy christfuck.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #81 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 11:59am
Print Post  
Crazeee wrote on Mar 7th, 2012 at 7:15am:

A good example of good. 

rest wrote on Mar 7th, 2012 at 11:39am:
I'm with Oak on the demotivational horseshit. I thought that ship had sailed long ago. It appears it's still alive and well unfortunately.

I remember 2(?) years ago when the DDO forums had a demotivational screenshot contest. Talk about the Family Guy effect on a meme holy christfuck.

That sounds like something that is just bound to be terrible.  Ugh.   

« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2012 at 12:00pm by Oakianus »  

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #82 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Bazinga wrote on Mar 7th, 2012 at 6:28am:

Hi! You must be new here!

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #83 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Just want to add that I also agree with Oak on his opinions about motivational posters.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Bazinga
Stormreaver Piker

Suck it Bay! Bay!

Reply #84 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Actually posting multiple times about the desire to leave demotivational posters in the past, actually defeats the whole point, of said post.  Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Bazinga
Stormreaver Piker

Suck it Bay! Bay!

Reply #85 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hi! You must be new here!

Yes relatively

IP Logged

Dracosanct
Ex Member

Reply #86 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
Bazinga wrote on Mar 7th, 2012 at 5:27pm:
Actually posting multiple times about the desire to leave demotivational posters in the past, actually defeats the whole point, of said post.  Lips Sealed

Actually, you're actually, just a fuck,ing retard. Actu,ally.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #87 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Bazinga wrote on Mar 7th, 2012 at 5:27pm:
Yes relatively

It shows.

You should probably shut up and read around a bit more before posting like you know shit Smiley

IP Logged

Bazinga
Stormreaver Piker

Suck it Bay! Bay!

Reply #88 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It shows.

You should probably shut up and read around a bit more before posting like you know shit Smiley

Hmmmmm .......   so we are hyper-imature then?

Sensors set to maximum sensibility and hyper active responses then?

Good to know. Perhaps I should put on kit gloves for the vault.

IP Logged

Bazinga
Stormreaver Piker

Suck it Bay! Bay!

Reply #89 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Actually, you're actually, just a fuck,ing retard. Actu,ally.

There is medication for this .... unfortunately your first impression isn't real

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #90 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Bazinga wrote on Mar 7th, 2012 at 8:12pm:

You mean kid gloves.

And you're dumb.  I mean, seriously.  You named yourself after the catch phrase from one of the shittiest lowest common denominator shows on TV, and that's just one of the dozens of pieces of evidence that you've left in your first ~60 posts. 

Sad

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #91 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Bazinga wrote on Mar 7th, 2012 at 8:12pm:

22, but people being ignorant makes me stabby.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #92 - Mar 8th, 2012 at 12:43am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Mar 7th, 2012 at 8:31pm:
You mean fuck trophy gloves.

And you're dumb.  I mean, seriously.  You named yourself after the catch phrase from one of the shittiest lowest common denominator shows on TV, and that's just one of the dozens of pieces of evidence that you've left in your first ~60 posts. 

http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Smoak.png

Hey, fuck you. Just because Big Bang Theory doesn't play out like a pot head's wet dream?

I saw that clip of The Community you posted, and I really don't understand how it can be so much better as a show than Big Bang Theory? Throwing around drug references and using common stereo type characters can be funny...but it's cheap.

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Nevynn
Horoluth Raider

Badgertastic!!

Reply #93 - Mar 8th, 2012 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Mar 7th, 2012 at 8:31pm:
...shittiest lowest common denominator
shows on TV...

I see a lot of hate for the show, and I don't understand it.  I find it absolutely hilarious.  What, specifically, don't you like about it?

WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

Dracosanct
Ex Member

Reply #94 - Mar 8th, 2012 at 10:10am
Print Post  
Nevynn wrote on Mar 8th, 2012 at 10:04am:
I see a lot of hate for the show, and I don't understand it.  I find it absolutely hilarious.  What, specifically, don't you like about it? 

Ditto. BBT tickles all my funny bones!

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #95 - Mar 8th, 2012 at 12:17pm
Print Post  

I've never seen anything but the commercials, but the idea of "They're nerds... and there's a hot chick!" just never grabbed my interest

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #96 - Mar 8th, 2012 at 12:24pm
Print Post  

It's mostly the fact that so many of the jokes just strike me as being completely flat and only propped up by the laugh track itself.  The "Big Bang Theory without laugh track" videos really help to underscore it. 

It reads like it was written by people who read about nerds on the Internet and thought that they'd cash in on the trend, rather than anyone who actually knows what they're talking about when it comes to nerdery.  It's just so offensively bland and middle of the road.  Sad

Felgor wrote on Mar 8th, 2012 at 12:43am:
Hey, fuck you. Just because Big Bang Theory doesn't play out like a pot head's wet dream?

I saw that clip of The Community you posted, and I really don't understand how it can be so much better as a show than Big Bang Theory? Throwing around drug references and using common stereo type characters can be funny...but it's cheap.

It's true.  I can't tell you how many shows I've seen with stereotypes like Muslims with Aspergers and their best friend, the black quarterback who has since blunted himself and found his ability to simply have fun with his friends.  And I can't tell you how tired I am of insane Chinese spanish teachers and pansexual, impish deans. 

Seriously, when will we finally break out of these cheap stereotypes?  WHEN?! 

It's okay, though.  If someone's willing to speak out of their ass over a clip rather than having watched nearly an entire season, like I have with BBT, I wouldn't actually expect them to sound like they were within a mile of knowing what the fuck they were talking about.  Cheesy

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #97 - Mar 8th, 2012 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
http://www.reddit.com/r/SRSDiscussion/comments/oob05/on_a_lighthearted_frivolous...

BBT is fucking dreadful. Community is awesome, though.
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2012 at 12:32pm by cdr »  

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #98 - Mar 8th, 2012 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
The first time I saw a commercial for Community, I was all

But then I watched it and I was all
Sad

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #99 - Mar 8th, 2012 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Now that this is a community fan thread, can we just talk about the fact that we're only one week away from the show being back?  ZOMG I AM SO EXCITED! 

http://thesouptv.com/

Don't know how to directly link to the video, but the trailer is on the front page.  I have watched it like 5 times so far.  With lots of pausing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Send TopicPrint