Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Cleric Advice (Read 24642 times)
Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Re: Cleric Advice
Reply #100 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Kannyaheals wrote on Jun 6th, 2012 at 4:59pm:

2. Don't be afraid to call somebody out. There are times that a gentle /tell gets the point across...then there are moments when you shout "Hey, fuckwit! Pull it together."

I just generally go straight to the part in red, in any party that I've been stuck putting together.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #101 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
I have way better DCs on my cleric, but his SP pool is absolute crap because of his 2 monk levels. He has a bunch of gear (that was awesome when I capped him 18 months ago).The FvS has absolute crap gear and she's awesome. Might just be the wings/dr/inherent resists/shoulder cannon that make it so damn much fun.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #102 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
It seems, in practice and from this thread, that my ability to not give a shit and tell people to fuck off is my strongest cleric skill Tongue

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Goaticorn
DQ Assaulter

Reply #103 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Jun 6th, 2012 at 6:38pm:
It seems, in practice and from this thread, that my ability to not give a shit and tell people to fuck off is my strongest cleric skill

Indeed!

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #104 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
I have a capped evoker 32 point build. It's ok. I use it for healbotting raids and soloing favor and some challanege stuff. I don't understand fvs love. Because I have a tr1 wf ice savant which is about 3 times as much fun as my fvs AND doesn't have to hear whining about hjeals!

My main is currently on his forth life. He's a clonk. I did the whole melee thf horc cleric and hated it.

I think clonk is my uber sweet spot. Wis build clonk = ac , better dcs, and epic stun dcs. YOU do more dps and so does the whole friggin party. WIN.

Unless you have an esos, thf divine dps is crap. It really is. My max str horc life with ftr haste boost was lame even with lit2 falchion. I have no idea why some people are excited about wf greatsword swingers. The damage is friggin mediocre at best. At. Best. You have an esos, then sure dmg is good. But my dead gramma has good dmg with an esos. So what?

I'm convinced a wis 18/2 clonk with solid charisma is the way to go. Divine might 3 + stuns + dual tod rings + alch wraps pretty much beats anything any other 18+ divine class is doing to put out dps wise.

In any case, I have a good deal experience healing every non-titan raid and a good share of epics. Here are some general tips, SOME of which haven't been mentioned:

1. Scrolls.
2. Sp clickies (bauble, twisted, epic twisted, spell storing, alchemist, etc..)
3. DO NOT USE POTS unless you really want to. Most of the time the group isn't good enough if you are using them.
4. Start taking pots on end rewards all the friggin time on all your toons for when you DO want to use them.
5. The reason why clerics are superior healers to fvs, and they are, is aura and bursts. Don't only use them. Everyone knows that. But BUFF them. Here's how:
   -Life magic 4 enh (if you don't have this yer prolly not smart anyway)
   -Solid starting cha + tomes
   -Sup ardor
   -healing/arcane lore (higher the better)
   -prayer of life and prayer of incredible life enh
   -Empower, emp heal, and max feats  (all of em)
   -Make sure your metas are ALL set to ALWAYS on your 2 rad serv abilities.
   -Extra turning (not the feat) via cha items, sacred band, tod sets, and enhancements. All are   
    helpful at different times.

6. Get as much wisdom as you can (duh?)
7. Get as much cha as you can.
8. WORK ON REFLEX SAVE (This is a pretty biggie and one area where I feel the difference between fvs and cleric. My current solution is helf pally dilly. Buffed into the 30s at lvl 16.
9. Mass heal + bursts+aura = 99% of healing needed on groups. Exception is eDQ and sometimes HoX

Bursts and aura are awesome. CRITS on bursts and auras are beyond awesome. That's my take anyway. This is something I don't hear enough about when it comes to cleric advice.
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2012 at 7:09pm by Meat-Head »  

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #105 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Jun 6th, 2012 at 6:38pm:
It seems, in practice and from this thread, that my ability to not give a shit and tell people to fuck off is my strongest cleric skill Tongue

Perfect.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #106 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
Goaticorn wrote on Jun 6th, 2012 at 3:51pm:
not DP, save that for later.  Implosion, destruction and slay living with that BB!

Not DP? It is the signature move for red names and up.  Implosion isn't worth much without an evocation item and spell pen 9 item in epics.  Destruction is overrated, as is slay living.  If youa re already dragging everything through your BB's, what is the point? The only time destruction is worth something is for the doosh cleric that keeps cometfalling you, except he has dw now.  So, you pull out your two-hander and beat the shit out of it.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #107 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Kanny also likes to yell at the WF Arti that took Improved Fortification.  Grin

I id this on my sorc for the longest time.  I was sick of clerics healing me when I through a recon on myself.  I kept telling them, I can get myself, ignore me.  Well, it never happens.  So I grabbed improved fort and had it as a feat for about a year.  Sometimes when I was beatdown enough I would remove my con item and tell the clerics to heal me.  They would start freaking out about how the game was bugged.  Good times.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #108 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
...remove my con item and go incap and ..

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint