Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Cleric Advice (Read 24636 times)
Nancy
Ex Member

Re: Cleric Advice
Reply #25 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
TDarkchylde wrote on Jun 3rd, 2012 at 12:04pm:
Best advice I can give is two points.
* Survive. You can't save the raid if you're dead.

Good point.  In terms of where you stand, that has implications on how you share your aura.  I think jumping and moving are good for both aura sharing and survivability.  I always,mfrom the get-go, made sure I was always hasted in elob, e.g.  There's always time, if you can't pawn a haste or out of shroud or etimesensing clickies, to guzzle a haste pot.  Move, jump, move.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #26 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You gotta manage them (unless Hordo's in your quest, then just turn everything on and drink like a fish). 

Love ya Hordo.

Amongst alot of good advice, these comments somehow reminded me of the attitude most girls tended to take with me in high school and college... Cheesy

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #27 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Still playing the "Poor woman" card Nancy?

Everytime you're called out, you always pull that old chestnut.

STOP sending tells while people are still alive trying to deflect blame you silly goose!

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #28 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
TDarkchylde wrote on Jun 3rd, 2012 at 12:04pm:
Best advice I can give is two points.

* Keep one eye on the redbars and another on the action. This means putting the party list somewhere where you can see it at a quick glance and training yourself to look there every few seconds. It's kind of like checking the mirrors while you drive, really.
* Survive. You can't save the raid if you're dead.

I would like to emphasize keeping one eye on the action. Too often I have gotten myself in deep shit because I was too focused on the rest of the party and not myself.

Also a very good habit to have is to check wizards to see if they are pale masters and to make sure to not accidentally try to heal them. It will save you sp and more importantly it will save you time when shit hits the fan.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Nancy
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Jun 3rd, 2012 at 12:52pm:
Amongst alot of good advice, these comments somehow reminded me of the attitude most girls tended to take with me in high school and college... Cheesy

And beyond, Hordo.  And beyond.  And you love it.  A little spunk is fun.

IP Logged

Nancy
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Calvet wrote on Jun 3rd, 2012 at 12:59pm:
STOP sending tells while people are still alive trying to deflect blame you silly goose!

Lol, you really believe what you read here.  That I am a teain wreck healer who does drama tells.  You keep repeating what you read, and I keep pointing that out.  If the cleric needs to stop a train wreck, that is audio time, not tell time.

Oooh oooh do I send tells?  To who?  Why?  Are they meant to amuse or cast blame?  You don't get my tells.  People who know I am giggling do. 

Oh hi Hordo.  Wink

Remember the time you needed a heal in elite dq at level shortman and I was the only healer alive and Quickheals began counting the seconds between my heals?  Lol.  Jennafer was so right to do that.   I think you got some tells from me, lol.  Wiping can be tres fun, if French.
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2012 at 1:52pm by »  

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
This has been pretty helpful, even if to mostly confirm that my understanding and practice has been on target.

The specifics to certain raids and quests have been most helpful, and if I can get more if that I'd take it. What strategies/cycles work best where?

ETA: If you run with my healer, please feel free to give me feedback/advice. Just not in the middle of a fight, because then I will tell you to STFU.
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2012 at 3:16pm by Grace »  

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
On a serious note, best way to be an efficient spot healer in 2012:

01: remind everyone how fucking easy it is to get 400 SF favor nowadays
02: tell them to quaff a SF pot
03: if 02 isn't applicable, call them noobs
04: repeat previous steps until someone ragequits

IP Logged

kmack
Shroud Slacker

Reply #33 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Heal with scrolls and use DP/destruction/implosion to burn your mana whenever possible.

Maximize your turning potential then solo epic wiz kings. People still pay lots for sands scrolls.

When healing with another cleric/fvs in a raid try to position yourself near them so that you can watch for their mass heal animation and try to stagger your heals.

When healing a group fighting a boss target the person with the highest HP. If the person you have targeted to heal drops the mass heal will hit you instead of the group.

Carry diamonds and use death pact.

When in HoX make sure the group leader is going to use the patrol method.

IP Logged

Nancy
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Jun 3rd, 2012 at 3:03pm:
Just not in the middle of a fight, because then I will tell you to STFU.

That would be the correct play.
Your quest-specific question is well-placed.  See me in game and I will just tell ya, faster than even typing here.  Also have some decidedly weird gear suggestions that work, I think.

Blech, still stuck at work.  Where is Calvet so I can kick him again?

IP Logged

Goaticorn
DQ Assaulter

Reply #35 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I am a teain wreck healer who does drama tells.

And also writes MASSIVE text walls without editing to make sure they make sense, just to hear herself talk.  Sadly it seems driving a BMW doesn't help one proofread.  I tend to skip your posts because reading them is painful.

This is not a HEY NANCY thread, so please calm the fuck down.  The idea of this thread is not to tell you or anyone else who is wrong or to insult people or put anyone on the defensive.  You may not agree with the advice others have given here, but you know what?  Maybe what you do isn't what other clerics do.  Maybe you aren't the only cleric out there.  And maybe, just maybe you think you are a lot better a cleric than you are so you get defensive when you get called on it.  Kindly shut the fuck up and let others help/debate strategies and quit trying to take over the thread.  We are all quite aware of your existence.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
I'd rather not find people in game to discuss this stuff, that's why it's here. Firstly, because if I'm in game I'm usually busy, and secondly because I do want to read the agreement and disagreement over methods so I can pick it apart myself.

Also, can we end the shit already? I already had to read this crap in multiple other threads and am so not interested.
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:10pm by Grace »  

she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #37 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Where is Calvet so I can kick him again?

Here I am darling  Kiss

Btw, when you put it out there that you're an uber player, it's not a good idea to go dying in a Wiz king farm on a Sorc and have some poor Paladin (Me) solo the tower and carry your stone to the shrine.

Kick away  Grin

You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Nancy
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Goaticorn wrote on Jun 3rd, 2012 at 4:50pm:
And also writes MASSIVE text walls without editing to make sure they make sense, just to hear herself talk.  Sadly it seems driving a BMW doesn't help one proofread.  I tend to skip your posts because reading them is painful.

This is not a HEY NANCY thread, so please calm the fuck down.  The idea of this thread is not to tell you or anyone else who is wrong or to insult people or put anyone on the defensive.  You may not agree with the advice others have given here, but you know what?  Maybe what you do isn't what other clerics do.  Maybe you aren't the only cleric out there.  And maybe, just maybe you think you are a lot better a cleric than you are so you get defensive when you get called on it.  Kindly shut the fuck up and let others help/debate strategies and quit trying to take over the thread.  We are all quite aware of your existence.

I wrote lots of text to be helpful to grace.  I didn't mention Calvet or ask him to insult me.  I did and always do respond when he repeats his truisms.   So here I am offering grace lots of advice cheerfully, and responding to Calvet's need to attack, also with some measure of giggling.

So if you don't want to read my responses to Calvet, you could petition him not to try to turn every one of my posrs onto one of his repetitve, uninformed, and droll attacks.  But not objecting to him starting it and objecting to me responding?  No, I won't accede to that request.  So feel free to skip my posts.  Rather a shame that a cheerful post is also cause for Calvet to start up, but I suppose there is plenty of reasons why that is encouraged in the Vault.  There are people kind enough to be pug clerics, and people who view anything other than vendmous sneering as a sign of a lack of hipness.

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #39 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I didn't mention Calvet. 

Altzheimers as well?  Read your opening post again.

Quote:

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
WILL YOU TWO SHUT THE FUCK UP

she's Kmack's property

Quote:

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #41 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:30pm:
WILL YOU TWO GET A ROOM

ftfy

Quote:

IP Logged

Nancy
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Calvet wrote on Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:26pm:
Altzheimers as well?  Read your opening post again.

Fuck.  Ok, I said I disageed with you.  I didn't get personal.  You started that up. You may wish to consider whether you Always want to do that.  But if you do, I will respond.  I know how I treat oeopke in game and I see how you treat me here.  You got nithing on me buddt

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #43 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
My best advice on playing a cleric is to TR into a FvS as soon as possible.

IP Logged

Goaticorn
DQ Assaulter

Reply #44 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Start with
Quote:
Don't listen to Calvet.  Overhealing is not a good thing.

What I am saying to you Nancy is that there are 38 posts in this thread 9 of which are you and nearly half of them are attacking someone.

What you could do is walk away every now and then, I'm sure the work you are trying to catch up on would be lessened if you were not here.   Not to mention we might actually get to have a debate rather than another gust of Nancy...

Sometimes not saying anything is being helpful. 

rest wrote on Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:35pm:
My best advice on playing a cleric is to TR into a FvS as soon as possible.

So true!  I love my cleric tr'd to FvS so much!
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:39pm by Goaticorn »  

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
One thing I have been learning on my cleric is how to better assess the developing party and bail if necessary. I just escaped what is probably going to be a fail VoD when I realized there was no adequate CC, no threat tank, and two players with sub-300 hp. holy moly.

See, on another toon I'd probably run it anyway, for the lolz. But on my healer? Hell no.

she's Kmack's property

Quote:

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #46 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Get enlarge.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

kmack
Shroud Slacker

Reply #47 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Shroud

In part one there is no reason you can't clear if the casters are lazy/bad at it. Between BB/implosion/cometfall you should be able to quickly destroy the groups of mobs at a portal. If your DC's for implosion/destruction aren't good enough run ahead to the next portal and put up a symbol of death. If the casters are doing well then run one portal ahead and try to get a full stack of DP's on the portal. If you need to heal in this part get a new group use bursts.

In part 2 your role varies depending on if your group decides to go NE divided or all S then split. If NE then pick a boss and DP them. (Orthon goes down really fast). Spot heal as needed (really shouldn't be much healing required). If all S then damage whatever until they're all down to about 10% or so. At that point try to get a DP on each on so when the group splits they go down easier (start with the slower moving).

In part 3 make sure you have death pact on. Be good at the puzzles (specially the 5x5's). Clerics are one of the only classes who can survive the wall (if you have DI). Of course if it makes it to the wall then find a new group enjoy looking like the best cleric evah!

In part 4 make sure you have implosion. Use implosion to kill all the devils no matter how much people whine because they wanted to save one  Wink  When Harry comes out to play target the melee with the highest HP, try to stand close to the other cleric solo heal, and start out just a couple paces back from the party on Harry. Once the first wave of the blades passes you should be able to step back through the gap to avoid being sliced as you heal. You should be able to keep the party up with mass heals. If you have to you can toss a mass crit to keep those with < 300 HP up if you're feeling nice. Personally I like to stack DP on Harry in-between my mass hjeals. If anyone died in this part and you have scrolls of raise dead you can raise 2 people without any trouble.

In part 5 buff your party then stack DP on the boss of your choice. Once the fight with Harry starts stand near the other healer and mass heal/dp with mass crits when needed.

(Is this the type of breakdown you're looking for?)
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:55pm by kmack »  

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
That is what I'm looking for, thanks Smiley It's helpful to know what to expect/what is expected of me.
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2012 at 6:07pm by Grace »  

she's Kmack's property

Quote:

IP Logged

Tobril
Honourary Australian

Hi Welcome

Reply #49 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:50pm:
Get enlarge.

My secret is that I'm always enlarged...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint