Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Basement dweller award? (Read 9478 times)
platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Basement dweller award?
Jun 4th, 2017 at 6:50am
Print Post  
Did someone take the Basement Dweller trophy from Fran?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/486904-Firegoddess-Finally-hit-the-2-5...

Quote:
So, since I hit the 2.5 mil reaper xp, I thought I would try to figure out how long for next milestone.
I am getting around 200k every 4 days, so if I keep that pace, it will take me 56 days to hit 5.6 million reaper xp.
So, assuming I do not get off track, I should have 5.6 million reaper xp by end July 2017.
Even if I miss some days , I should have by mid Aug.

I currently have a little over 2.7 million , but might slow down a bit after I get to 61 reaper points.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Re: Basement dweller award?
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Wow.  Just glancing at mine, I hit 100k reaper xp.  Since I am only running reaper for the extra 40% xp, I wasn't paying close attention.  Even if I had been doing r3 instead, likely 300k reaper xp.  Since the start.  I can't fathom getting 200k in four days.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 9:50am
Print Post  
I call shit on 200k every 4 days

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 9:59am
Print Post  
Shocked  I think I'm ALMOST to Reaper 5? LOL

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #4 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 11:01am
Print Post  
My static group is doing 100-200 rXP per minute, but we only play about an hour or two a day and take breaks frequently.

150*60*2=18,000rXP a night

Let's say this guy is doing 8 hours a day at our pace.
150*60*8=72,000rXP

Lack of re-entry stops older XP exploits from working easily.
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2017 at 11:02am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #5 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 11:32am
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Jun 4th, 2017 at 9:59am:
Shocked  I think I'm ALMOST to Reaper 5? LOL

I think I have a total of only 3 or 4 reaper points distributed across ALL of my toons!

Yeah, I don't really do reaper.

Tongue

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #6 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Reaper is just bag of hp = boredom. They passed my ADHD threshold and I zone out before a pack of mobs dies. Or I push through, and wind up falling asleep 1/2 through the quest. I have one toon with a point in reaper. B/c reaper 1 is easier than elite for blue bars.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
I partied with firegoddess that reaper exp weekend, hes insanely strong.

Something im trying to figure out, why does warlock consistently outperforms everyone on heroics? is that just the way it is or is there something im missing.
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2017 at 10:04pm by Lhynn »  

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #8 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
Lhynn wrote on Jun 4th, 2017 at 9:31pm:
I parties with firegoddess that reaper exp weekend, hes insanely strong.

Something im trying to figure out, why does warlock consistently outperforms everyone on heroics? is that just the way it is or is there something im missing.

Thought they were topped by ranger builds right now.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #9 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
Gee, I misunderstood the 1st post. I thought Fran reached 2.5 mill. Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2017 at 9:57pm by Snu Snu »  

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #10 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
Lhynn wrote on Jun 4th, 2017 at 9:31pm:
I parties with firegoddess that reaper exp weekend, hes insanely strong.

Instakills + Survivability + AoE + Single Target DPS

I've played almost every life for the last 11 RTRs. Warlocks are just extremely good right now, specifically for 1-20.

IP Logged

Jeff_Stryker
Waterworks Kobold

Zero

Reply #11 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 5:51am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 4th, 2017 at 6:38pm:
Reaper is just bag of hp = boredom. They passed my ADHD threshold and I zone out before a pack of mobs dies. Or I push through, and wind up falling asleep 1/2 through the quest. I have one toon with a point in reaper. B/c reaper 1 is easier than elite for blue bars.

What level are you playing at?

I'm doing RTR's and have found that even R1 is significantly less snoozeworthy in heroic
than elite - i.e. I've actually died a few times which never happens on elite.  Even Waterworks
(L5 on Reaper thus champions) can be brutal - depending on RNG spawns.  I was 'Destructed'
for 495 damage in R1 Tempest Spine yesterday, which was nice.

Tier 3 Champion + Reaper spawn bingo has made the game more fun for me again

IP Logged

Jeff_Stryker
Waterworks Kobold

Zero

Reply #12 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 5:59am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 4th, 2017 at 10:01pm:
Instakills + Survivability + AoE + Single Target DPS

I've played almost every life for the last 11 RTRs. Warlocks are just extremely good right now, specifically for 1-20.

I think single target DPS is weak and gets more so with level.  For heroic RTR though, you're
right, it's very difficult to beat.  Though I did three half-orc lives and three WF lives - as fighters
or barbs and that was also fine.  For me, it seems the difference is in skill baseline rather than
total build potential.  It takes virtually no skill to play an effective warlock - plus who wants
to re-gear a different build every life?.  I already vomit with apprehension regarding TR - not
for the bugs but because I know I've got to empty that stupid TR cache.  In fact this
'implementation' should be used as a paradigm for fuckwittery in Software Engineering 101.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Jun 4th, 2017 at 9:50am:
I call shit on 200k every 4 days

He is at 2.5 million XP to get the reaperling.

June 1st was about 70 days since reaper was introduced.

2.5 million/ 70 days = 35K per day.
That's 140K XP every 4 days.

But he might have started making more in recent weeks as he got his plan/method perfected .

not impossible based on his numbers.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #14 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Jeff_Stryker wrote on Jun 5th, 2017 at 5:51am:
What level are you playing at?

Been leveling some gimp bank mules to 20. The blue bars do R1. Others do elite or R1, depending on how fucking gimp they are.

There used to be variety. Now every quest has the same fucking mobs. One of 2 kinds of reaper (Fear reapers and ... wraiths.), and stampeding holiday shoppers mixed with like, 3 kinds of champions (one you have to kill twice, one that cuts your hp in half or outright kills you, and one that's actually weaker than the holiday shoppers, because it's vulnerable to something. The rest are just different colored mobs). Reaper is stupid beyond belief.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Jeff_Stryker wrote on Jun 5th, 2017 at 5:59am:
I think single target DPS is weak and gets more so with level.  For heroic RTR though, you're
right, it's very difficult to beat.  Though I did three half-orc lives and three WF lives - as fighters
or barbs and that was also fine.  For me, it seems the difference is in skill baseline rather than
total build potential.  It takes virtually no skill to play an effective warlock - plus who wants
to re-gear a different build every life?.  I already vomit with apprehension regarding TR - not
for the bugs but because I know I've got to empty that stupid TR cache.  In fact this
'implementation' should be used as a paradigm for fuckwittery in Software Engineering 101.

I'm on racial life 18... been doing warlock each life to not have to respec or gear for different builds each life.

in regards to TR cache, I "unhoarded" and threw out all the crap "that I might need one day".  Essentially almost every heroic named item as crafted stuff outshines almost anything from heroic.   So now my TR cache fits entirely into my inventory space on the character with nothing in the character bank.

Then I found a mouse/keyboard macro program that will empty my TR cache while I go take a dump. 
I also emptied by Shared Bank to mules while doing this process so all my unbound and BTA items can be put in shared bank at end of each life.

I also have bought non-bound spell components, potions and scrolls that go into shared bank so I don't have to re-buy all the crap after a TR.

From hitting to 20 to starting questing again after TR is now down to about 20 minutes.

I only go back to my bank during questing at level 5, 10, and 15 for those min-level crafted gear sets.

Yeah, I know.. Get a life.  Grin

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 11:50am
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jun 5th, 2017 at 11:31am:
I'm on racial life 18... been doing warlock each life to not have to respec or gear for different builds each life.

in regards to TR cache, I "unhoarded" and threw out all the crap "that I might need one day".  Essentially almost every heroic named item as crafted stuff outshines almost anything from heroic.   So now my TR cache fits entirely into my inventory space on the character with nothing in the character bank.

Then I found a mouse/keyboard macro program that will empty my TR cache while I go take a dump. 
I also emptied by Shared Bank to mules while doing this process so all my unbound and BTA items can be put in shared bank at end of each life.

I also have bought non-bound spell components, potions and scrolls that go into shared bank so I don't have to re-buy all the crap after a TR.

From hitting to 20 to starting questing again after TR is now down to about 20 minutes.

I only go back to my bank during questing at level 5, 10, and 15 for those min-level crafted gear sets.

Yeah, I know.. Get a life.  Grin

I have SO much shit I've hoarded... its nuts... but MAN.. I'm stuck with that "might need it some day" mentality LOL... green steel items, end reward items, Thunderholm shit... all had LOTS of work and tons of hours working to make Sad
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2017 at 11:52am by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #17 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
If I threw away old stuff I thought I wouldnt need I would have a lot of really good stuff like:

-no ML Wondrous Items
-solipsism breastplate for xbow lives
-shimmering arrowhead for ranged lives

a bunch of other small nice things.

This business about you can craft the best stuff is true but really it's the most true for Warlock lives. For a lot of other builds there are some things you just can't craft anymore.

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #18 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
I'm on racial life 18... been doing *snip*

That's... nearly identical to what I've been doing. Nothing but Warlock, threw away a lot of hoarded stuff, CC gear at 5, 10, and 15 in Shared Bank, etc. Though, I'm about to hit my 14th Racial life, so I guess you've bested me there.  Roll Eyes

It really isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Already being at about the halfway mark, I think I'll actually make these 30 lives. I'm at about 750k Reaper XP. But I only started getting Reaper XP when Racial Reincarnation was released, not when Reaper Mode was.
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2017 at 1:08pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #19 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
in regards to TR cache, I "unhoarded" and threw out all the crap "that I might need one day"

Bones wrote on Jun 5th, 2017 at 1:06pm:
threw away a lot of hoarded stuff

I salute you, sirs, for your brave willingness to not be prepared maybe, on The One Day.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 5th, 2017 at 4:36pm:
I salute you, sirs, for your brave willingness to not be prepared maybe, on The One Day.

LAWL

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #21 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 5th, 2017 at 4:36pm:

I already forked myself in the butt by throwing away the Wondrous items I had, before the ML on them got borked.

But whatever, It's not like I need them at lower levels. That shit is already stupid easy, and fuck higher skulls anyways, so...
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2017 at 6:20pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 5th, 2017 at 10:35am:
Now every quest has the same fucking mobs. One of 2 kinds of reaper (Fear reapers and ... wraiths.), and stampeding holiday shoppers mixed with like, 3 kinds of champions (one you have to kill twice, one that cuts your hp in half or outright kills you, and one that's actually weaker than the holiday shoppers, because it's vulnerable to something. The rest are just different colored mobs). Reaper is stupid beyond belief.

nah, bro. you're totally not getting the cool story that devs made. mysterious remnants, yo.

reapers and remnants : online.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #23 - Jun 6th, 2017 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 5th, 2017 at 7:03pm:
reapers and remnants : online.

What's astonishing is people who still think this game will ever be anything more than this.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #24 - Jun 6th, 2017 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 5th, 2017 at 7:03pm:
reapers and remnants : online

Newsfeed.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint