Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Feather_of_Sun (Read 19218 times)
Aqualung
Ex Member

Re: Feather_of_Sun
Reply #75 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 9:48am
Print Post  
The problem with random RAID loot properties is that you can only run it every three days.

Quests like Mindsunder are fine to do that because you can farm the crapola outta them and have a reasonably decent chance to get something you like/want in a reasonable amount of time.

Random properties on Raid loot is just frustrating.

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Azuphle wrote on Jun 22nd, 2012 at 12:50am:
Well a lot of people complain that they want content, that isn't just about killing monsters, if they get something that's different from running a straight line, tank boss, heal tank, beat on the back, they usually play very unsatisfied though. Personally Im not a fan of a protection mission, but it might not be a bad idea just for something different!

Turbine are big boys and should by now know that what people say they want (creative mind-shattering hipster no boss missions), and what people actually want (more autowin tanknspank missions) are two completely different things

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #77 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 9:53am
Print Post  
Zhalian wrote on Jun 22nd, 2012 at 2:36am:
Their current mechanics (epic seals and shards aside) mean you can at least build toward something that works

Actually you can do that with seals and shards as well, just wait for the bags to get bugged again Cheesy

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #78 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 9:56am
Print Post  
Merrick wrote on Jun 22nd, 2012 at 9:16am:
Impossible.

Based on the amount of forum bitching on LoB, the devs are under the assumption that it's the MOST POPULAR RAID EVAR because everyone is talking about it.

Hm? Is it really that bad on other servers? I'd say that on Khyber it's the 3rd most popular raid (behind shroud and tod), more popular than reaver's lately (people finally figuring out all the items cept madstones are shit I guess), and definitely more popular than abbot (I don't really count shortman lootrun DQs/dragons as raids). At times I'd say it was even easier to find a nLoB compared to tods.

eLoB on the other hand is prolly the least popular epic raid though.
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2012 at 9:56am by sweez »  

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Reply #79 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
sweez wrote on Jun 22nd, 2012 at 9:56am:
Hm? Is it really that bad on other servers? I'd say that on Khyber it's the 3rd most popular raid (behind shroud and tod), more popular than reaver's lately (people finally figuring out all the items cept madstones are shit I guess), and definitely more popular than abbot (I don't really count shortman lootrun DQs/dragons as raids). At times I'd say it was even easier to find a nLoB compared to tods.

eLoB on the other hand is prolly the least popular epic raid though.

Ah. I assumed we were referring to eLoB.

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #80 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Ah could be, my bad in that case. Just that everyone on the other forums always seems to be crying how there are never any LoBs up which gives me a bit of a confuse

IP Logged

Azuphle
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #81 - Jun 23rd, 2012 at 2:15am
Print Post  
sweez wrote on Jun 22nd, 2012 at 9:52am:
Turbine are big boys and should by now know that what people say they want (creative mind-shattering hipster no boss missions), and what people actually want (more autowin tanknspank missions) are two completely different things

Well it's hard to say Turbine is big boys, they are pussying out way too much about forum folks these days. Giving people what they 'want' (like blizzard) creates cool and loved games as Diablo 3 and WoW after, which would be exactly what we want DDO to be right?

Humans are just fucked with a mind that's only really satisfied after going through some hardship - so we need stuff we don't like. BUT that's way too much on a the reasonable lvl you should continue raging cause it is way more fun Cheesy

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #82 - Jun 23rd, 2012 at 3:28am
Print Post  
My contribution to the U14 loot thread: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4538409&postcount=567

Quote:
The signal to noise ratio so far has been abysmal, I see very little actionable feedback.

1. I/We/Everybody/Some Players hate random loot generation.
2. Not enough docents really?
3. I/We/Everybody/Some Players hate skimpy armor models.
4. There was one person who wondered about something being WAI, and it was.
5. Too annoying/Not enough model variety.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #83 - Jun 23rd, 2012 at 5:06am
Print Post  
I give you Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint