Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) My VIP Exit survey comments... (Read 13104 times)
sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: My VIP Exit survey comments...
Reply #50 - Jun 24th, 2012 at 7:46am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 23rd, 2012 at 11:26am:
Every other MMO on the planet has figured raids out.  It's fucking simple...  3-4 boss fights.  Trash in between.  Each boss fight has a different mechanic.  As you progress through the raid it gets more difficult.

Funniest thing is they kind of got it right with Chrono but then screwed up almost everything they made afterwards Grin

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Jun 24th, 2012 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jun 23rd, 2012 at 11:06pm:
The problem again is, playing since 2006 doesn't make you any better than a player who started in 07/08/09. Sure you can want recognition for it, but your example of a level mechanic doesn't separate you from people who've been retarded for the last 6 years.

We can argue about notoriety all we want, but lets face it there will never be a working system implemented by turbine that would separate a good vet from a shit house one.

First off.. retard is all relative...playtime and actual experience is not.   I can  say a few things about the majority of the player's idea of successfully 'beating' a raid.   I.e. yammering on about who's tanking, assigning people's jobs and this and that.   I wont go so far to say retard but its definitely not my idea of how the game is played.   I have no problem whatsoever with failing a raid dozens or hundreds of times...it makes absolutely no difference to me whatsover.     Go in with 12 people with any classes and keep your mouth shut then beat it then we'll talk.  I.e everyone actually playing their character based on their actual experience and ability.. not taking dictation from what you learned on the forum. 

Bottom line is that aside from very rare instances most of the 1-2-3 year vets are usually nothing more than products of the very limited scope of what the long time players chose to teach them. 

I started this game in 2006 and played every class pure to cap before multiclassing.   I capped a new character every month or so for several years before you ever even played the game.  And trust me back then it was a hell of a lot more difficult to cap than it is today.   And I take a very different approach to the game than what you were taught in your little build search on the forum.  Anytime you want to come to Thelanis I'll be happy to run a few quests and you can tell me whether you think my 6 years of experience shows to your 3.   

« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2012 at 11:43am by Daggertooth »  

IP Logged

Spelljammer
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #52 - Jun 24th, 2012 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
What are we arguing about again?

bbqzor: "This game is, in some ways, a pile of leftover broken things."
IP Logged

Nubicus
Dragon Raider

Dick 2020

Reply #53 - Jun 24th, 2012 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
I stopped reading the walls of text, but Daggertooth is angry because old balls veterans aren't getting anything special for having old balls. He feels that with each advancement his old balls are marginalized so that newer veterans, new players and f2p don't recognize how awesome his old balls are.

He wants some sort of special tag or something that says "Do what I say bitch or drop" and a gold watch presented to him by Fernando.

Everyone else is trying to kick his old balls, Epoch was getting pissed because he had alcohol and something about Warforged Monks being the master race.

And Smriti wants Daggertooths shit if he deletes.

tl;dr:
Daggertooth: Recognize, bitch!
Everyone else: You are here for our amusement, and it's working.
Epoch: Drunk in Alaska
Smirti: STFU and give me your shit.

IP Logged

Smrti
VoD Slasher

I Am Fooling No One

Reply #54 - Jun 24th, 2012 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
sweez wrote on Jun 24th, 2012 at 7:46am:
Funniest thing is they kind of got it right with Chrono but then screwed up almost everything they made afterwards Grin

Tod is good, even though the loot tables suck.

Shroud is fun and encourages teamwork. But grindfest is boring.

Abbot is great. Wouldn't change it really, except the loot is snooze.

Lob is a lot of fun. Could use more bosses though.

MA is meh, but I need my alchemical blanks.

I do wish they would figure out that Explorer Areas should not contain raid entrances. Having to run to a raid and then have it be all of one large room because they think the explorer area is a good substitute is stupid.

Munkenmo wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 9:41pm:
All hail Smrti.

Felgor wrote on Sep 11th, 2012 at 11:18pm:
Fuck Australia.

rev Jim wrote on Sep 12th, 2012 at 8:40am:
I wish I was a rich black woman sometimes........

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Jun 24th, 2012 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Meh, lob has both redname trash and kiting, both shitty mechanisms.

Look at chrono - various types of trash (yet none of them redname), three different bossfights, no kiting (unless you really want to), no puzzles (while not necessarily bad in theory, in praxis puzzles in ddo = 3/4 of the group pikes, plus most of them are handled pretty poorly due to engine constraints, really DDO is a 3rd person shooter, let's not pretend it's anything else), boss has fun specials (I've seen more people die to fire/ice than I've seen die to eLoB Cheesy), aaaaand last but not least, no flagging and no explorer area bullshit, you come off a guildship and bam there you are. Sure it may not be everyone's favorite, but for me, that's the raid they got right.

Sucks that everything after that gives no hope that Turbine views it the same way

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint