Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Surprise, surprise: They broke Mabar (Read 25027 times)
Gawna
Ex Member

Re: Surprise, surprise: They broke Mabar
Reply #100 - Oct 30th, 2012 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Quote:
Herpaderp yes or no, the "semi" in "semi-coherent" is misleading. It makes you think you should be able to understand something, from time to time.

I understood that he posted a video that rest had previously posted and it was called Moustaches.  Does that count?

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #101 - Oct 30th, 2012 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I understood that he posted a video that rest had previously posted and it was called Moustaches.  Does that count?

"A video?" More like 10.

At this point he wants the Derp face. Don't give it to him.

Edited:
Jimmie, if you really want a derp face might I recommend one that is somewhat superior
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2012 at 12:21pm by JC »  

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #102 - Oct 30th, 2012 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Dev tracker says servers back up from hotfix, Mabar officially open at 4PM EST and they're testing it until then.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #103 - Oct 30th, 2012 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Dhalgren wrote on Oct 30th, 2012 at 5:32am:
I see that you are just as intelligent on this board as you are on the official DDO boards. You're off by a couple of orders of magnitude, at least.

hmmmm, am I incorrect that turbine takes down the servers for 4-6 hours for hotfixes, updates and maintenence on a regular basis. Sometimes 2-3 times a week?

Perhaps I am incorrect that gw2 updates are as fast as it takes you to login/logout?

ahhh, it must be where I agree that ddo is more akin to pnp dnd then gw2?

Hi. Welcome.
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2012 at 6:56pm by mystafyi »  

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #104 - Oct 30th, 2012 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Oct 30th, 2012 at 6:55pm:
hmmmm, am I incorrect that turbine takes down the servers for 4-6 hours for hotfixes, updates and maintenence on a regular basis. Sometimes 2-3 times a week?

In all my time in the last two years playing a ridiculous amount of DDO, I have never seen this. Yes, they take it down for maintenance, but 2-3 times a week? More like once or twice a month.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #105 - Oct 30th, 2012 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Oct 28th, 2012 at 9:49pm:
only trouble with guild wars is its guild wars... its not DnD and never will be.

Y'know, somehow I just don't seem to recall my DM ever telling me "put the dice away, I could give you a D20 with all 1s on it and you'd still succeed".

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #106 - Oct 30th, 2012 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Y'know, somehow I just don't seem to recall my DM ever telling me "put the dice away, I could give you a D20 with all 1s on it and you'd still succeed".

first, how often in guild wars do you roll a d anything? second, are you bitching that they added to the weapon die descriptions? Last time I checked the dice info was still there, or is the caster item thing? The caster issue i chaulk up to converting to a 3d realtime effectively not perfect but it works. THirdly please elaborate on the d20 with all 1's comment... are you saying DDO is too easy?

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #107 - Oct 30th, 2012 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Oct 30th, 2012 at 11:25pm:
first, how often in guild wars do you roll a d anything? second, are you bitching that they added to the weapon die descriptions? Last time I checked the dice info was still there, or is the caster item thing? The caster issue i chaulk up to converting to a 3d realtime effectively not perfect but it works. THirdly please elaborate on the d20 with all 1's comment... are you saying DDO is too easy?

I'm saying they have literally introduced abilities where you cannot fail a save if you build right, and seem to think that's somehow a good thing.

I'm also saying more and more I see the game turned from dealing with what might happen to just knowing it will, and the prime culprit for me is this idiotic "everything must stack" policy of theirs they'll be doubling down on that serves to turn a large chunk of the game into an overly-meta-gamed deterministic system rather than one of probabilities and dealing with what comes, and it's made for a sloppy, entitled, demanding player-base that can't adapt for shit if things get even a little bit difficult.

To me, at least, that's not moving closer to DnD. that's taking a steaming dump on it.

/thanks. I needed that vent.
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2012 at 12:14am by »  

IP Logged

Dhalgren
Big Sexy

I Love Drama!

Reply #108 - Oct 31st, 2012 at 1:44am
Print Post  

If that had been what you'd actually written, you could have made this argument. What you did say was:

mystafyi wrote on Oct 29th, 2012 at 6:41pm:
yanno what else sucks about ddo? every other day a 4-6 hour downtime for a hotfix or maintenence. enjoy another 6 hour downtime to reboot servers Tongue

The 2-3 times in a week thing has happened maybe twice in the 2 years I've been playing, that I can remember. The "every other day" thing is pure hyperbole.

Perhaps I am incorrect that gw2 updates are as fast as it takes you to login/logout?

Can't comment; don't care.

ahhh, it must be where I agree that ddo is more akin to pnp dnd then gw2?

Nope, that's quite correct, seeing as GW2 has no DnD aspirations whatsoever.

Hi. Welcome.

No.

Hi Welcome

Yes.

Overall, yes, there are true things in what you write. It's more the breathlessly spittle-flecked invective and hyperbole which makes you hard to take seriously.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #109 - Oct 31st, 2012 at 8:06am
Print Post  
Mabar still busted with game crippling lag inside of dragon instances during primetime.

Same shit different day.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #110 - Oct 31st, 2012 at 9:26am
Print Post  
Interesting.  I played Mabar for about 3 hours yesterday and was in the Summoning Chamber twice.  Both runs were smooth as pie.  I think we had 40 or so players in the first Summoning Chamber run. 

I did have one lag spike about 30-40 minutes in (maybe 6:30pm U.S. Eastern time) that was bad, but other than that, it was a fun night.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #111 - Oct 31st, 2012 at 9:48am
Print Post  
Played about three hours too, dragon only lasted like 3-4 minutes tops.  Lag got bad towards the end of that but for me the worst part by far is still people needing the full 10 minutes apparently to get ready.  Get to room, group with room and lever, ready room.  Then fucking kill the dragon.  That's it.  Nothing else to it.  DEAR GOD SOMAEL WHY ARE YOU STILL TALKING LET'S JUST FUCKING KILL IT ALREADY.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #112 - Oct 31st, 2012 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
I ground it for the first time really. Took about 2-3 hours to get lvl 20 wraps. I'm good now.

Did 3 dragon runs total. One failed (not enough people). Other two were fine.

Lag hasn't been as bad for as I remember last time.

I will say I was too impatient to grind a lich dust, so I bought one off AH for 150k. I'm good with it.

Now, back to necro 4 grinding with 31% bonus!

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #113 - Oct 31st, 2012 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Haven't had any lag issues inside the event.  Skellieland or the Dragon Chamber.

I have noticed that the drop rates appear to be reduced.  Maybe the mechanic has been tweaked.  I only ran one dragon though and farmed for about an hour or so before being bored with it.

I did take notice though that my using my main in his pseudo clonk life with divine wrath is much more effective than running around with my wizard in killing stuff out there.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #114 - Oct 31st, 2012 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Oct 31st, 2012 at 8:06am:
Mabar still busted with game crippling lag inside of dragon instances during primetime.

Same shit different day.

Had terrible lag on the very first run of the dragon portion. Connection read fine, but spells were taking around 10 seconds to go off and everyone was complaining about it.

Every run after that was fine.

IP Logged

Eyeran
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #115 - Oct 31st, 2012 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Haven't had any connection issues in the dragon event itself fortunately, but have had pretty crippling lag elsewhere the past few days.

Main issue IMO is that low level crap is spawning in high level areas.  They put labels on zones, but made no attempts to have only level-appropriate monsters spawn there, so it's still the same grief-fest it always has been where one low level character can ruin it for everybody. Tried to explain this to FoS during the lama event, but was pretty much ignored.

IP Logged

Dhalgren
Big Sexy

I Love Drama!

Reply #116 - Oct 31st, 2012 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
This may or may not be related but the night before last, during the hurricane, a few people from my friends list and guild all DCed pretty much simultaneously and then returned a few minutes later. Most of these people do not live near each other (one in Illinois, another in California, etc). Two of us on the west coast had no trouble.

Even though I didn't DC, from that point on I did notice increased rubberbanding and response lag, like what you get from high-latency play (not quite as bad as playing over satellite, but the same idea). That continued for the rest of the night. Normally I experience very little lag and hadn't had any trouble up until the moment my buddies DCed.

My suspicion is that the storm may have taken down lines, or power to an ISP, forcing the net to reroute around the issue using less optimal routing. If this is the case I wonder whether there may still be leftover routing problems for some people.

I gamed as usual last night (elite Shroud, flagging through IQ, etc) and then joined an LFM for a half-hour of Mabar and experienced no appreciable lag.

Purely anecdotal and speculative, but it seems plausible that the storm may be making things worse than they might otherwise be for some people.
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2012 at 4:29pm by Dhalgren »  

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #117 - Oct 31st, 2012 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Dhalgren wrote on Oct 31st, 2012 at 4:25pm:
This may or may not be related but the night before last, during the hurricane, a few people from my friends list and guild all DCed pretty much simultaneously and then returned a few minutes later. Most of these people do not live near each other (one in Illinois, another in California, etc). Two of us on the west coast had no trouble.

Lost a Canadian and an Australian at the same time. Everyone else, including the other Aussie on at the time were unaffected.

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #118 - Nov 1st, 2012 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Oct 31st, 2012 at 1:42pm:
Haven't had any lag issues inside the event.  Skellieland or the Dragon Chamber.

I have noticed that the drop rates appear to be reduced.  Maybe the mechanic has been tweaked.  I only ran one dragon though and farmed for about an hour or so before being bored with it.

I did take notice though that my using my main in his pseudo clonk life with divine wrath is much more effective than running around with my wizard in killing stuff out there.

Don't worry. They're on it.
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=4752181#post4752181

I've seen some complaints about drop rates being low in the 20-25 instances. Better to run lower level toons. My prediction is that they'll drop the rates there as well to correct the problem.

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #119 - Nov 1st, 2012 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Dr_tank2vich wrote on Nov 1st, 2012 at 1:57pm:
Don't worry. They're on it.
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=4752181#post4752181

I've seen some complaints about drop rates being low in the 20-25 instances. Better to run lower level toons. My prediction is that they'll drop the rates there as well to correct the problem.

LOLOLOLOLOL @ spawn rates reduced by 75% while they live debug Mabar:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=4752152#post4752152

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #120 - Nov 1st, 2012 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Nov 1st, 2012 at 2:55pm:

I'm pretty sure Harry and Lloyd are the head programmers for DDO.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #121 - Nov 1st, 2012 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Oct 31st, 2012 at 1:42pm:

I didn't have any lag last night.  I turned off the PC and read a book.

Cheesy

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #122 - Nov 1st, 2012 at 3:30pm
Print Post  

Smiley

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #123 - Nov 1st, 2012 at 4:22pm
Print Post  

Why are they so dumb?

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #124 - Nov 1st, 2012 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Nov 1st, 2012 at 3:28pm:
I didn't have any lag last night.  I turned off the PC and read a book.

Cheesy

Whatcha reading?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint