Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Is it just me... (Read 28771 times)
Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Is it just me...
Jan 2nd, 2013 at 11:38am
Print Post  
...or does anyone else find it a sad state of affairs that Turbine now has to restart the servers every 7 days to keep them from crashing?

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Re: Is it just me...
Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2013 at 11:40am
Print Post  
The old TRS-80 III with cassette worked more reliably

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #2 - Jan 2nd, 2013 at 11:44am
Print Post  
It's fun how they call it a bounce...they should bounce it from the top of a tall building.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #3 - Jan 2nd, 2013 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Luxgolg wrote on Jan 2nd, 2013 at 11:40am:
The old TRS-80 III with cassette worked more reliably

Mine kept running out of RAM.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 2nd, 2013 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jan 2nd, 2013 at 11:44am:
It's fun how they call it a bounce...they should bounce it from the top of a tall building.

Grin
Do you and Siss play at all?  I logged in and played the newest quest line with Grace (there were other people there, but she's the most important since she has boobs) and actually had a good time!  Then I was determined to get the chest at the top of the pillars that you have to jumped to and raged at their stupid physics engine.  I love GW2 jumping puzzles, but mostly because there aren't invisible walls or a system that you just shoots your character the opposite direction for no reason.

The only reason I even log in is to chat with people I miss, I definitely don't miss the gameplay.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #5 - Jan 2nd, 2013 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Grin   Do you and Siss play at all? 

Not very often these days.  I've been rocking a lot of PS3 lately when we aren't playing SWTOR.  Last time I tried the game wouldn't patch so I had to delete and redownload the whole fucking thing.  By the time that finished, I had lost the motivation to play.  Most of the people I like hanging with are gone.  We were talking about logging in and having a drunken raid night.
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2013 at 12:49pm by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 2nd, 2013 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
That would be fun!  Let me know if you decide to do it!

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jan 2nd, 2013 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jan 2nd, 2013 at 11:38am:
..or does anyone else find it a sad state of affairs that Turbine now has to restart the servers every 7 days to keep them from crashing?
Wait, your saying that they dont crash when they restart every 7 days? 

Quote:
I love GW2 jumping puzzles,

This month's monthly achievement is Jumping Puzzles!  Ive found I'm addicted to achievements. 

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jan 2nd, 2013 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Grin
Do you and Siss play at all?  I logged in and played the newest quest line with Grace (there were other people there, but she's the most important since she has boobs) and actually had a good time!  Then I was determined to get the chest at the top of the pillars that you have to jumped to and raged at their stupid physics engine.  I love GW2 jumping puzzles, but mostly because there aren't invisible walls or a system that you just shoots your character the opposite direction for no reason.

The only reason I even log in is to chat with people I miss, I definitely don't miss the gameplay.

/vaginahighfive

I was amused listening to you guys try to figure out how to get to the chest. "This is 3." "No, THIS is 3!" "Dammit, I keep bouncing off the wall!"

BTW, we're raiding again on Thursday (tomorrow), so clear your schedule. Let's see what fun puggers kmack can find for us!

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #9 - Jan 2nd, 2013 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Jan 2nd, 2013 at 1:08pm:
Eladiun wrote Today at 17:38:15: Quote:
..or does anyone else find it a sad state of affairs that Turbine now has to restart the servers every 7 days to keep them from crashing?

Wait, your saying that they dont crash when they restart every 7 days? 

Consider that G-Land Crashed yesterday evening ( for Europe ),
Consider that the last bounce was thursday,

That makes 5 days, not 7.

Now consider that a PC under windows will have difficulties to survive more than 7 days without having the urge to reboot on his own. ( while I have proof that a HP-UX or a Solaris system can survive more than 1000 days without a reboot, and perform vital near-real time tasks like phone calls handling. )

Now I remember that in some MMOs there was a reboot planned every week. And in some other every fucking day.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #10 - Jan 2nd, 2013 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 2nd, 2013 at 2:11pm:
Now consider that a PC under windows will have difficulties to survive more than 7 days without having the urge to reboot on his own. ( while I have proof that a HP-UX or a Solaris system can survive more than 1000 days without a reboot, and perform vital near-real time tasks like phone calls handling. )

That is a load of horseshit.  Windows is just as stable as any NIX system when competetly administered.  I've personally run networks with 99.9% uptime.

Flav wrote on Jan 2nd, 2013 at 2:11pm:
Now I remember that in some MMOs there was a reboot planned every week. And in some other every fucking day.

Name Them.
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2013 at 2:15pm by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #11 - Jan 2nd, 2013 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Grin

Don't you love how it waits till you're mid-jump, then decides to not send you some frames for a couple secs?

I learned the trick... right before making the jump, close your eyes.  You are a more accurate predictor of the physics than their engine 90+% of the time.  If you trust the graphics, you will flinch.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jan 2nd, 2013 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Jan 2nd, 2013 at 1:08pm:
This month's monthly achievement is Jumping Puzzles!  Ive found I'm addicted to achievements. 

Yes!  Me, too!  Although you don't have to complete the jumping puzzles, you just have to find their location.  I still got credit on my ranger who has found and completed them all which is nice.  I would have raged if I had done them only to miss out on the achievement!

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jan 2nd, 2013 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I would have raged if I had done them only to miss out on the achievement!

What kind of crazy game would lock players out of rewards for things they've already done?

Oh, right.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jan 2nd, 2013 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Quote:
What kind of crazy game would lock players out of rewards for things they've already done?

Oh, right.

That's why I thought I would specify.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Jan 3rd, 2013 at 2:23am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jan 2nd, 2013 at 2:14pm:
Name Them.

EvE Online
back when I still played they had a standard daily downtime of 1h, while in reality it was, most of the time, only ~30min. they prolly still have that.

we called it the grooming hour
« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2013 at 2:24am by »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #16 - Jan 3rd, 2013 at 3:35am
Print Post  
That is a load of horseshit.  Windows is just as stable as any NIX system when competetly administered.  I've personally run networks with 99.9% uptime.

I'm talking of unadministered systems...
You have to kick a fucking Windows server in the ass regularly to make it run more than a few weeks. While you can just forget about a *nix system if you did the job correctly at installation.

So all in all *doz is just like a Prim'Holstein, it's a great milk machine but it needs constant tending and needs to be brought back to the barn in winter, while the more rugged Salers ( *Nix ) can just stay out until the grass is under 20cm of snow and it's well below Freezing. ( yeah I'm making a cow race comparison to make my point.  Roll Eyes It has to be the Cheese )

Quote:

Name Them.

EQ did that for a while.
DAOC too.

Nowdays they are calling that maintenance instead of reboot.
Because reboot had the feeling that the software was crap and needed that... While maintenance has a feeling of work actually being done.
So the Monday maintenance in DDO, when it's 1hour long is just a server reboot.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

ddoplayer064
Dragon Raider

GFY

Reply #17 - Jan 3rd, 2013 at 7:53am
Print Post  
Name Them.

For a long time (might still be as far as I know...) EQ2, every Tuesday morning.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #18 - Jan 3rd, 2013 at 7:59am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 3rd, 2013 at 3:35am:
I'm talking of unadministered systems...
You have to kick a fucking Windows server in the ass regularly to make it run more than a few weeks. While you can just forget about a *nix system if you did the job correctly at installation.

No you don't.

It's a fucking fallacy.  It might have been true with NT 4.0.   Now it's just an old joke that only idiots and neck bearded Nix Admins still believe.

Quote:

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Jan 3rd, 2013 at 8:42am
Print Post  
Eladium, it seems to me that you love to land with your face in the mud.
You have a strange hobby.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #20 - Jan 3rd, 2013 at 8:43am
Print Post  
Quote:
Eladium, it seems to me that you love to land with your face in the mud.

Is this like that time he got butthurt over rich people getting shiny stones of xp and he didn't?

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jan 3rd, 2013 at 8:54am
Print Post  
Quote:
Yes!  Me, too!  Although you don't have to complete the jumping puzzles, you just have to find their location.  I still got credit on my ranger who has found and completed them all which is nice.  I would have raged if I had done them only to miss out on the achievement!
  I thought the same thing till I read the details.  Its funny that former DDO players think the worst the first time they see something new and nice in a game Smiley

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #22 - Jan 3rd, 2013 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Azog, it seems to me like no one even gives a fuck that you breathe.

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #23 - Jan 3rd, 2013 at 9:29am
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Jan 3rd, 2013 at 8:43am:
Is this like that time he got butthurt over rich people getting shiny stones of xp and he didn't?

Not quite sunshine...  keep trying and you may some day make it past the first grade.  Is school vacation over soon? 

It's nice that fanbois feel welcome here now a days.
« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2013 at 9:30am by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #24 - Jan 3rd, 2013 at 9:35am
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Jan 3rd, 2013 at 8:54am:
I thought the same thing till I read the details.  Its funny that former DDO players think the worst the first time they see something new and nice in a game Smiley

It's because we have been trained to expect the worst and look cynically upon anything different or not DDO.  Look at the forums every other MMO sucks and has nothing to offer.  DDO is the best or you are a loser.  If you aren't actively defending DDO you are a hater.  Every thread.   7 years.  same fucking story.  WoW sucks.  Guild Wars sucks.  SWTOR sucks.  EQ sucks.  DDO is the best.  Turbine rule. 

I bring up that DDO now after 7 years of not needing it needs to reboot it's servers once a week and the fanbois come out to defend Turbine.

Turbine shits in your mouth and trains you to eat it with a smile on your face.

If Turbine was so fucking good how the hell did they fuck up two MMO based on two IP's with the most rabid fans on the planet. 
« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2013 at 9:37am by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Send TopicPrint