Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) New Producer - In Case Anyone Still Cares (Read 33300 times)
rest
One Man Wolfpack

Re: New Producer - In Case Anyone Still Cares
Reply #100 - Jul 2nd, 2013 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
broken?

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #101 - Jul 2nd, 2013 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jul 2nd, 2013 at 10:50am:
If you still have your FvS, can you confirm the behavior of Tsunami?  I had a 18 FvS/1 Monk/1 Wizard and while in Primal Avatar ED, Tsunami does not function as intended DC-wise.  Granted, last time I checked was several months ago.  Never saw it addressed in the release notes, so I haven't rechecked.

rest wrote on Jul 2nd, 2013 at 11:06am:
Yes if I remember, I will check tonight.

Looks like it's working ok to me. Even on a less wis character.

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #102 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
So the question I have that no one's really addressed...

What happened to Glin?

Rushing to another Expansion
Increased Level cap without the content to support it
Iconics as a draw for FR fans new to this F2P game that they want them to pay up front for.
Enhancement Pass
Maj referred to "the amount of stupid in the past year"
Rushed Shipdates whether content was ready or not

I'm assuming he's ultimately responsible, and just curious if he got flogged, sacked, or failed upwards...

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #103 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 2:19pm:
Kate is fine.
Aaron is awesome, I have worked with him in the past and he is the most...human exec we have. Love the move. Love working with the guy. Level head, and makes the right call for the franchise most of the time.
I'm no longer having screaming matches, and pulling my hair out.
told ya...things change.

How long do i wait before trying the game again. ?You DID say change was coming, so there we go with proof.  got a feel for when disenfuculation will be visible?

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #104 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jul 2nd, 2013 at 7:50pm:
broken?

yup i think he meant broken.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #105 - Jul 6th, 2013 at 12:47am
Print Post  
AnalFissure wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 4:08pm:
failed upwards...

From what I read he seems to have been failed sideway.

Anyway it's nice to see that Fail is the way to promotion in companies other than the one I work for.
For my boss After a given amount of Fail in technical you are promoted to Project Mangler, and if you manage more fail there ( yes it's possible ) you get shifted sideway to team manglement...
If you fail enough at team manglement ( it's easy : just do nothing ) you can then become sevice mangler, then department mangler, then you reach the regional level, where it becomes tougher as you have to compete in fail with Spanish, Portugese, Italian, Greek, and North African ( Algeria, Tunisia, Morroco ) Manglers.

Note : typos are purely intentional

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #106 - Jul 6th, 2013 at 4:19am
Print Post  
GreyMouser wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 10:20pm:
fill out the surveys. They do carry weight.

Sorry, but those surveys don't work too well on a "mature" product that needs growth - yet is trendings downwards. People just hanging on won't fill them out since they are jaded that change won't happen. You mainly have fanbois filling them out and  very few that actually still care about the game enough to post negative feedback and hoping someone actually takes it to heart.

You guys need to watch some of those Kitchen Nightmare shows. You know, the one where they go back to ex-customers, examine their needs, and then pound it into the skulls of the owners.

It is funny to see the new guy say how he liked old style D&D, yet each of these changes (secret door rolls  Roll Eyes) gets it even farther away from any resemblances to D&D.  You are actually making this more like NeverWinter - which will kick your ass in the market of "D&D by name and lore only".

GreyMouser wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 10:20pm:
At this point last year...I can't tell you how much crap wasn't even playable.

You talking about the real game?

Being proud about fixing 8000 bugs in this game is like being proud of using a machine gun to kill termites... how much more damage did your fixes cause?

IP Logged

Charononus
Ex Member

Reply #107 - Jul 6th, 2013 at 4:37am
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Jul 6th, 2013 at 4:19am:
Sorry, but those surveys don't work too well on a "mature" product that needs growth - yet is trendings downwards. People just hanging on won't fill them out since they are jaded that change won't happen. You mainly have fanbois filling them out and  very few that actually still care about the game enough to post negative feedback and hoping someone actually takes it to heart.

You guys need to watch some of those Kitchen Nightmare shows. You know, the one where they go back to ex-customers, examine their needs, and then pound it into the skulls of the owners.

That is one of the best analogy / suggestions to fix whats wrong with this game that I've ever read.

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #108 - Jul 6th, 2013 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
The Surveys are also too focused. Alright, you asked our least favorite 3 enhancements and most liked 3 enhancements... where's the section about the general system? What if I think it's fucktarded that Radiant Servants having an aura, Warchanters using Medium armor, Tempests dual wielding, etc are tier 5 enhancements instead of CORE Enhancements since, ya know, really, those are why people take a prestige.

The Cores are already level gated, and you have the code to lock out one capstone (though I think you may just rely on 42 AP >50% total to achieve it)...

Move the "Iconic" features to the core enhancement tree, lock out core enhancement trees to 1 per class, change points in tree to total points spent so people can cherry-pick the enhancements they want for their characters and the system might become workable.

At the moment the "points spent in tree" mechanic just ensures homogenized pieces of crap for each class. Spellsingers can spend 65 AP maximum in the tree, 85% are going to pick the same 42 AP to get to the capstone. This is not build diversity.

It's fucktarded that the with the new enhancement pass the best "raid healer" is going to be 15 Druid/5 Cleric with an aura and throwing Mass vigors. It's fucktarded that the level 12 abilities of most classes have been moved to the capstone. It's fucktarded that racial pres now have a 14 point investment to unlock them. There is so much fail in the current design...  You can't be surprised that the players keep asking "do you even play your game?"

Oh, and Heroic Durability giving xp on 5 level splits is counter to the rest of the game. Increase base hp per level. Making 18/2 splits will be punished in both BAB (and thus PRR) and HP now.... Yaaa, more compound scaling that Turbine never understands.

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #109 - Jul 6th, 2013 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
The whole EH pass is akin to building a raft, setting it out on the water, then trying to rebuild it once the shoreline is out of sight by just yanking up the planks keeping the raft afloat without realizing that they're going to sink the whole damn thing in the process.

Want to revamp the EH system? Update and prettify the interface, complete the missing PrEs, and bask in the happiness of the players, done.

Sad thing is, I don't think the current crop of Devs realize this. I think they don't know why the game was successful in the first place, or why it had a resurgence after the F2P move, or why many of it's players have remained loyal. They don't have the first damn clue, and are just like little kids in a dark room flailing around for a light switch not realizing that every step is leading them further away from it.

It's sink or swim - and Turbine is dead-set on ripping up those planks. Sad thing is, I know they're just going to be confused and bewildered when the inevitable happens after they rip up one too many and realize all the lifejackets are gone.

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #110 - Jul 6th, 2013 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Jul 6th, 2013 at 1:28pm:
Want to revamp the EH system? Update and prettify the interface, complete the missing PrEs, and bask in the happiness of the players, done.

Sad thing is, I don't think the current crop of Devs realize this. I think they don't know why the game was successful in the first place, or why it had a resurgence after the F2P move, or why many of it's players have remained loyal. They don't have the first damn clue, and are just like little kids in a dark room flailing around for a light switch not realizing that every step is leading them further away from it.

I will agree, and I'm going to be honest I have hope MajMal friend is going to reverse the last few years of shitty stuff that has been done to our DDO.

The Enhancement Crash should have been an UI update only. I proved it was possible, and without any system change ( or minimal ones ) it wouldn't have taken long and it wouldn't broken anything. ( as UI has basically no impact on game logic. )

I don't think the devs ever played D&D on PnP or even tried get some background on what they were working on. They have cookie cutter things they learned works and they want to apply them on DDO.

Except that they don't understand that DDO is not a cookie cutter MMO, It's Dungeons and Dragons Online... It's carrying the name of the game that basically created the Roleplaying Game genre, that was then used as Adventure Games on computers, that was then corrupted by the Japanese into RPG on consoles, that was then brought back as RPG on Pcs and when the technology allowed became MMORPGs.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #111 - Jul 6th, 2013 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 3:43pm:
Enhancements are 99% sure to be in the xpack. Data shows for the most part people are happy. The ones that are obviously mentioned...clerics, sorcs exc...are all being examined again. I don't think a redesign of the whole thing is needed at this point. The biggest reason to do the system is so we can add on easily later.

Bullshit.  99% of the posters on the forum hate it.  Where exactly are you getting your "data"?

IP Logged

Charononus
Ex Member

Reply #112 - Jul 7th, 2013 at 12:35am
Print Post  
raybob wrote on Jul 6th, 2013 at 9:34pm:
Bullshit.  99% of the posters on the forum hate it.  Where exactly are you getting your "data"?

My guess,  they're getting it from a bloody rectum.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Reply #113 - Jul 7th, 2013 at 12:51am
Print Post  
Quote:
My guess,  they're getting it from a bloody rectum.

Your journey to the dark side is progressing nicely. The force is growing in this one.

MAGA!

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #114 - Jul 7th, 2013 at 3:46am
Print Post  
raybob wrote on Jul 6th, 2013 at 9:34pm:

Data from surveys...

The fanbois and those that have builds that will benefit form the Enhancement Crash didn't bother to post but did fill out the survey...

And the way the survey are made has also an impact, you can twist numbers generated by a survey in such a way that everything seems to be sunny even when it's all black.

The survey we have for the Enhancement Crash can be easily twisted to show that everybody likes it in nice graphs, as most of the important things is in adlib boxes ( what you like the best, what you dislike the most, what change you'd like, ... )
Manglement don't care about adlib boxes, they want nice powerpoints with shiny graphs, and these will come from the few checkboxes/multiple choice questions from the survey, as they are
unimportant ( for us ) [ like which tree you prefer, which tree you hate ] the survey shows that everybody likes the Enhancement Crash, despite the fact that a huge majority of the forum posters hates it. And after a quick survey in my guild, most of the people don't care about it, as they know anything they try will not have any impact on it, it's going to be forced down our throat even if we don't want it... Some will quit if it breaks their chars, others will just TR and do something else, that's the only sure thing I got from the chats. The only sure thing is that it wouldn't bring more people.

And yes I also asked to those that are exploring NWO while waiting for the Crash to happen, as quite a few went that way when the Crash was announced along with the Expansion, that's something Turbine has not taken into account : That people are so fed up with fubared things and half arsed ideas that they just left for greener pastures while waiting to see how fucked up things are... then they might eventually come back or stay where they all went.

« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2013 at 3:56am by Flav »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #115 - Jul 7th, 2013 at 9:24am
Print Post  
sadface wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 3:54pm:
Thanks for the honesty. Atleast now I know it's safe to give up hope and quit.

+1

IP Logged

GreyMouser
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #116 - Jul 7th, 2013 at 10:23am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 7th, 2013 at 3:46am:
Data from surveys...

The fanbois and those that have builds that will benefit form the Enhancement Crash didn't bother to post but did fill out the survey...

And the way the survey are made has also an impact, you can twist numbers generated by a survey in such a way that everything seems to be sunny even when it's all black.

The survey we have for the Enhancement Crash can be easily twisted to show that everybody likes it in nice graphs, as most of the important things is in adlib boxes ( what you like the best, what you dislike the most, what change you'd like, ... )
Manglement don't care about adlib boxes, they want nice powerpoints with shiny graphs, and these will come from the few checkboxes/multiple choice questions from the survey, as they are
unimportant ( for us ) [ like which tree you prefer, which tree you hate ] the survey shows that everybody likes the Enhancement Crash, despite the fact that a huge majority of the forum posters hates it. And after a quick survey in my guild, most of the people don't care about it, as they know anything they try will not have any impact on it, it's going to be forced down our throat even if we don't want it... Some will quit if it breaks their chars, others will just TR and do something else, that's the only sure thing I got from the chats. The only sure thing is that it wouldn't bring more people.

And yes I also asked to those that are exploring NWO while waiting for the Crash to happen, as quite a few went that way when the Crash was announced along with the Expansion, that's something Turbine has not taken into account : That people are so fed up with fubared things and half arsed ideas that they just left for greener pastures while waiting to see how fucked up things are... then they might eventually come back or stay where they all went.

Why would I do that? QA makes things look rosy. I'm not Colin Powell at the UN....

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #117 - Jul 7th, 2013 at 10:34am
Print Post  
GreyMouser wrote on Jul 7th, 2013 at 10:23am:
I'm not Colin Powell at the UN....

Only time will tell.

In case it isn't obvious, many of us players are incredibly skeptical about anything Turbine tells us...even from you.

Turbine has really fucked over their players on NUMEROUS occasions and, as evidenced by the shrinking rates of logins to the game, we're getting fed up with the bullshit.

You guys had better get U19 right.
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2013 at 10:40am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #118 - Jul 7th, 2013 at 10:52am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jul 7th, 2013 at 10:34am:
Only time will tell.

In case it isn't obvious, many of us players are incredibly skeptical about anything Turbine tells us...even from you.

Turbine has really fucked over their players on NUMEROUS occasions and, as evidenced by the shrinking rates of logins to the game, we're getting fed up with the bullshit.

You guys had better get U19 right.

mouser, this is about right, and it wouldn't be your fault, it would actually be more of a despite everything you have done.

Really have felt pretty shit on by Turbine, and whomever has been doing a rotten job of running the place. I think mostly, what we are all expecting to happen is you are going to release this in an unfinished, half working state, like each and every other new addition to the game since u9 or so.

The real fear isn't the actual changes, the real fear is that the changes are going to either BE feather_of_sun'ed/unfinished on release, or they will break/remain unfinished after.

Somebody over there has spent a lot of time shooting you guys in the foot. Toss in the over the top heavy handed moderation and forgive us for being cynics.

Edit: I don't think you will hear anybody say that you personally haven't listened to us. You are the only one we think DOES listen to us. we generalize 'you' to mean everyone at Turbine but you in most cases.

I also myself somehow in my head also mistake you for a grand messenger to them as well,  and I know even if you were it wouldn't matter because they have never given a shit before, so the feeling is why would they now?
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2013 at 11:01am by umeannothing »  

MAGA!

IP Logged

LittleM
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #119 - Jul 7th, 2013 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Why would I do that? QA makes things look rosy. I'm not Colin Powell at the UN....

Human nature. Confusing personal wishes for reality. It is very common and a lot more tolerated these days.

I haven't done any surveys, or posted anything in that other "forum", as the whole thing seems like a disaster that is bound to happen no matter what. I do have one question,
WHY THE FUCK DID TURBINE DECIDE TO SWITCH TO PRESTIGE LINE BASED TREES, INSTEAD OF THE CLASS BASED TREES?

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #120 - Jul 7th, 2013 at 11:55am
Print Post  

There's lots of reasons, but I don't expect you to do it, I was just generally speaking, as the manglement fad of the moment is KPI and Powerpoint Manglement.... and if you've working in industry long eonugh you know that you can make KPI ( and surveys ) say whatever you want them to say by careful selection of the data. Especially once it ends up on a shiny Powerpoint.

Arkat wrote on Jul 7th, 2013 at 10:34am:
Turbine has really fucked over their players on NUMEROUS occasions

This is the big point.
While it is nothing personal as you have been the only Turbine person that came out and actually talked to us and tried to explain us why things where so bad, you're just one person in an organization that has screwed us over and over again during the last few years by not listening to us.

IP Logged

Charononus
Ex Member

Reply #121 - Jul 7th, 2013 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
umeannothing wrote on Jul 7th, 2013 at 12:51am:
Your journey to the dark side is progressing nicely. The force is growing in this one.

Your computer probably still needs a crank to be able to power itself.

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #122 - Jul 7th, 2013 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Your computer probably still needs a crank to be able to power itself.

No but my fucking mouse does. One day you will see. It will happen to you too.

MAGA!

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #123 - Jul 7th, 2013 at 1:49pm
Print Post  

I genuinely believe you folks think you're farther along on polish than you really are. No evil folks here (Down Epoch, down! Not yet!).

Try this, even if just for a thought experiment to kick around your crew and gauge their own confidence levels:
Tell folks next week they've got one week left to comment on the overarching tree structure, at which point it gets locked down one week afterwards and you get started on refining the individual trees now that the interactions between them are set in stone. Then ask for detailed feedback on each. See what happens.

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #124 - Jul 7th, 2013 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I genuinely believe you folks think you're farther along on polish than you really are. No evil folks here (Down Epoch, down! Not yet!).

Given they never release anything "finished" its an easy statement for them to make.

There will be bugs and flaws on launch, and then a patch will come along to fix a whole bunch of them, while breaking a whole bunch of others. None of it will have been properly tested anywhere. Then there will be another patch which fixes more bugs and flaws while creating more bugs and flaws.

Then they will move on to new stuff because they cant linger any longer. Like the comment about not going back and fixing old content (in response to a question on Epic Combat Archery - apparently this is too old to fix now).

Or, I will be pleasantly surprised when they release a polished product.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint