Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) New Producer - In Case Anyone Still Cares (Read 33179 times)
umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Re: New Producer - In Case Anyone Still Cares
Reply #50 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 9:01pm:
Could you at least make a minor attempt to write coherently? I can't even read your posts without spasms.

No. Cunt. The cuntness in me makes me type this way. Huh

Oh wahhh, cry me a river because I forgot the last 2 letters of a 3 letter word. I am not sorry it was too hard for you to figure out.

« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2013 at 9:17pm by umeannothing »  

MAGA!

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #51 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
What I want to know is: what's the status on those quality of life bugs?

IP Logged

umeannothing
Stormreaver Piker

Wall building professional!

Reply #52 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
Bill Z Bubb wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 9:15pm:

Oh that guy that flapped his gums and said those were happening no longer has the authority to make those promises apparently, so any former comment regarding the existence or fixing of bugs is null and void.

MAGA!

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 9:01pm:
Could you at least make a minor attempt to write coherently? I can't even read your posts without spasms.

rest wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 9:05pm:
Are you an epileptic?

Kegels?

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
I just want to know whether he can take a stick to FoS and beat some common sense and humility in to him.

IP Logged

GreyMouser
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
My first thought on the new producer was

"meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

Yeah so not true. I can't tell you how much better it is. I actually don't mind going to work. Can't say the same thing about last year. It may be too late for him to undo some of the stupid over the past 10 months...but I expect a ton less stupid going into next year.

IP Logged

GreyMouser
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 6:12pm:
That too...
Honestly, since the changes have been about none where it mattered for me ( Cleric ),
Why should I bother filling a survey ?
That's like Bug reports, the tool  in game is feather_of_sun'ed since the website switchover,
And why should I bother filling a bug report from outside the game, when nothing visible gets fixed anyway, except when it might help the players.

I know I'll get reamed a new hole, even if I say that I don't want. It has been that way for years.
As we told earlier... to make us believe the Leopard is willing to change it's spots, said Leopard has to show us it can changes it's spots.
The Enhancement Crash is one of the best thing where to show the spots can be changed.
So instead of force feeding it to us, stop it, and make sure the final product is going to make everybody happy.

fill out the surveys. They do carry weight. Execs understand stuff when I can make big stupid pie charts. Me just saying 'this is bad and here is why' doesn't carry enough weight. 62% of players hate the new Cleric trees...that carries weight. There is still more than enough time to change stuff. 6 weeks or so to ship. At this point last year...I can't tell you how much crap wasn't even playable.

IP Logged

GreyMouser
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Bill Z Bubb wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 9:15pm:

Which one? Cuz I can start listing about 6000 bugs that have been fixed in the last 18 months.

IP Logged

arjiwan
Titan Demolisher

I Love Comedy!

Reply #58 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
Hey GreyMouser, I really do appreciate the work you are doing, and also the communication.  Thanks so much.

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #59 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
GreyMouser wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 10:15pm:
Yeah so not true. I can't tell you how much better it is. I actually don't mind going to work. Can't say the same thing about last year. It may be too late for him to undo some of the stupid over the past 10 months...but I expect a ton less stupid going into next year.

I'm good with that. As long as there is a year after....

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #60 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
GreyMouser wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 10:20pm:
fill out the surveys. They do carry weight. Execs understand stuff when I can make big stupid pie charts. Me just saying 'this is bad and here is why' doesn't carry enough weight. 62% of players hate the new Cleric trees...that carries weight. There is still more than enough time to change stuff. 6 weeks or so to ship. At this point last year...I can't tell you how much crap wasn't even playable.

Then update the damned class surveys so they're more than 9 question copypastes.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 9:05pm:
Are you an epileptic?

I'm going to be if I keep reading those posts.

umeannothing wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 9:14pm:
No. Cunt. The cuntness in me makes me type this way.

Clever. You're almost ready to go head to head with Wujoh. Not quite, though.

Quote:
Oh wahhh, cry me a river because I forgot the last 2 letters of a 3 letter word. I am not sorry it was too hard for you to figure out.

It wasn't missing letters. I couldn't even decipher missing letters what with the Sarah Palin-esque word salad you vomit every time you post.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Stanley Nicholas
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Jul 1st, 2013 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 8:51pm:
While I love me a pile-on as much as the next guy, who was producing DDO from 2006 - 2009? Sands, Gianthold, Vale, Amrath? Who produced the original enhancement system? Fernado and Kate get a lot of grief, but in all fairness deserve a lot of credit.

David Eckelberry (sp?) was the original DDO producer.  His vision would have been directly responsible for VON, probably all of the Sands, and most likely had a lot to do with Gianthold.  He also seemed to encourage the dev team to communicate on a regular basis via the forums, because they actually did.  Even he himself would wade into the forums on occasion.

There were reports after he left that the devs (or at least Kate, who then became the new Executive Producer), didn't much care for him or his ways, and quickly rescinded a number of his promises (such as the promise he personally posted on the forums that evasion in full plate wouldn't be nerfed).

I'll give credit for the Vale and Shavarath to the Paizes, and perhaps part of Gianthold.  But let's be honest - they started out high, and each update was progressively not quite as good as those before it, implementing countless new storylines and crafting systems and leaving each unfinished in favor of the next, leading up to the Vast and Mysterious that was really code for "Haha, you're still paying your subs while we give you nothing at all!"
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2013 at 11:46pm by Stanley Nicholas »  

IP Logged

Kingfisher67
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Jul 2nd, 2013 at 12:14am
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 3:43pm:
Enhancements are 99% sure to be in the xpack. Data shows for the most part people are happy. The ones that are obviously mentioned...clerics, sorcs exc...are all being examined again. I don't think a redesign of the whole thing is needed at this point. The biggest reason to do the system is so we can add on easily later.

I really wish you would come out with the same statement on the actual game forums.  The real problem in giving feedback is that we have no idea what the dev team's intended direction is.  Regardless of what you think the data says, I can guarantee you that what the playerbase wanted from the enhancement pass was a completion of the existing 6/12/18 system with all the prestige enhancements we were promised back before I started playing.  We wanted "trees" that showed us the prereqs for the exisiting enhancements we wanted.  We wanted useless skill requirements dropped.  We didn't want you to make useless skills required.  I read most of the enhancement threads, and I have no idea how you can think that what you have on Lamannia right now is what players wanted.  A simple dev statement that the original prestige/enhancement system wasn't viable because of X would go a long way to make me happy at least.  What it looks like right now is that the current devs don't respect the work of their predecessors and just want to shit all over it.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #64 - Jul 2nd, 2013 at 2:49am
Print Post  
Enhancements are 99% sure to be in the xpack. Data shows for the most part people are happy. The ones that are obviously mentioned...clerics, sorcs exc...are all being examined again. I don't think a redesign of the whole thing is needed at this point. The biggest reason to do the system is so we can add on easily later.

/facepalm  Why not just come out and tell us WB stepped on your dicks and this enhancement is happening and that is that?

Data my arse.

I am sure I am not the only one that filled out bug reports and the surveys yet nothing has even changed in some trees.....

You know what they say, "if it's too good to be true...."

Like others have said, other than some ass lickers no one really wants what the enhancements is bringing.

Et puis merde alors... c'est la vie  Sad

« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2013 at 2:56am by Silky »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Jul 2nd, 2013 at 3:06am
Print Post  
Quote:

Being realistic here, it seems that the new cleric tree has satisfied a lot of players.  While I personally don't like it, I won't begrudge the issue if the majority of players do.  However, while I realize you aren't shooting for a perfect system, the sorcerer trees are totally fucked beyond belief and need a major overhaul.  Anyone who says otherwise is a moron and needs to be taken out back. 

Patching the sorcerer trees is the low hanging fruit here, but I hope you realize probably all trees deserve some work and attention.  After the initial release, I hope you continue to refine the system based on player feedback... and NOT on the whims of certain... people.  Take your time.  As long as you are going forward and not backwards, like has been the case for the past year, people will appreciate it. 

GreyMouser wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 10:22pm:
Which one? Cuz I can start listing about 6000 bugs that have been fixed in the last 18 months.

I have noticed many changes that most people probably have not.  The thing is, nobody gives a shit if you fixed the shield swap PRR bug or if you put extra boxes in Kobold New Ringleader.  Seriously.  Nobody.  Literal zero. 

You need to prioritize WHICH bugs you fix, such as combat archery or the bug where an ability is put on timer but doesn't actually go off.  These are bugs people care about.  Treating the list as FIFO is a huge waste of your own time, and I hope you can understand why people don't care when you say you've fixed 6000 bugs. 

P.S. thank you for your continued service to the Vault!  It is appreciated.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #66 - Jul 2nd, 2013 at 3:08am
Print Post  

I'm a bit late to the party but regarding this: the asshole desiners that's in charge of clerics and sorcs can choke on their own dicks.

Sorcs are the goddamnfucking nukers and the damn cunt is making them have damage like a SS bard on live currently. Fuck that shit. I'm not even going to go into the spell lvl hardcaps and half the CL/MCL thing not working. And for fucks sake put the Acolyte of the Skin out, Savant is the same shit over again wrapped in a different color paper.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #67 - Jul 2nd, 2013 at 3:48am
Print Post  
GreyMouser wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 10:20pm:

I did fill out the original surveys about the Trees I do care about ( or more exactly of the classes I play ).

Now, 4 weeks later... I see nothing has changed in said Trees. Except that you activated a tree that wasn't active before ( it was appearing as Invalid ) for the Cleric, so that we might forget about the abortion called Protection.

Why should I bother answering the same survey, with the same answers and the same ad-libs, as I know it will have no effect anyway.

6 Weeks ? The guys behind you already wasted 4 weeks and made no changes ( or didn't say : ok we scrap it ) on the most despised trees, you really think we expect any changes in the next 6 weeks ?

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Jul 2nd, 2013 at 7:32am
Print Post  
GreyMouser wrote on Jul 1st, 2013 at 10:22pm:

Why don't you release that information? 

Two features released during MOTU that have never worked:

1. Combat Archery doesn't apply the additional 1[W].
2. Tsunami in Primal Avatar isn't calculating it's DC correctly.  I've never seen a mob knocked over.  Ever.  They always resist it.

« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2013 at 7:33am by Carpone »  

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Jul 2nd, 2013 at 8:03am
Print Post  
GreyMouser/Maj, regardless of how DDO changes over the next year, I'm glad you at least get to have some sanity at work for a while.  Congrats on the new, better working environment.

IP Logged

GreyMouser
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Jul 2nd, 2013 at 8:04am
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Jul 2nd, 2013 at 2:49am:
/facepalm  Why not just come out and tell us WB stepped on your dicks and this enhancement is happening and that is that?

Data my arse.

I am sure I am not the only one that filled out bug reports and the surveys yet nothing has even changed in some trees.....

You know what they say, "if it's too good to be true...."

Like others have said, other than some ass lickers no one really wants what the enhancements is bringing.

Et puis merde alors... c'est la vie  Sad

The real answer is 'some' don't want what the enhancements are bringing. I deal with what I am given, I said my piece in 2011 about enhancements, in 2012 and this year too. There is an upside, and is in a better place than I ever expected. The silver lining is creating new trees is far simpler now than the old way. That is the biggest reason why PrE's were not created. Now it is possible to expand out the system easily.
Here is the thing about MMO design...for better or worse...it is never done. The release day is August. The system is not finished. With Aaron, he will listen to the fanbase and not abandon a half baked thing.

IP Logged

GreyMouser
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Jul 2nd, 2013 at 8:05am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jul 2nd, 2013 at 7:32am:
Why don't you release that information? 

Two features released during MOTU that have never worked:

1. Combat Archery doesn't apply the additional 1[W].
2. Tsunami in Primal Avatar isn't calculating it's DC correctly.  I've never seen a mob knocked over.  Ever.  They always resist it.

anything with old system skills is ...for obvious reasons...not being addressed.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #72 - Jul 2nd, 2013 at 8:09am
Print Post  
GreyMouser wrote on Jul 2nd, 2013 at 8:05am:
anything with old system skills is ...for obvious reasons...not being addressed.

That's an epic feat and an epic destiny ability he's referring to. I must be missing something obvious here, I don't understand how these are "old system skills"
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2013 at 8:09am by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #73 - Jul 2nd, 2013 at 8:15am
Print Post  
Well Maj, honestly:

- kick the Devs in the butt until you get the following :

- Protection Tree Scrapped
- Spellcraft/Heal/Repair Skill Scrapped for Spellpower
- Points Spent in Tree Changed to Points Spent Overall

and you'll get almost everybody happy.

Then the devs will be able to concentrate into adding more trees ( PREs ) where there's not enough of them. ( Clerics, FvS, Bard, , ... )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

sadface
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Jul 2nd, 2013 at 8:19am
Print Post  
thanks again for being the one turbine employee that will engage the community. to bad you don't have a team capable of that sort of thing.

ok on to the enhancements. its hard to get excited about how easy it is to add new enhancements, when they are being made by the feather o sun of enhancements.

why the fuck is protection tree still up? how many surveys praised it? what did they like about it?

edit to add spellcraft is so stupid for all the reasons anyone has already stated, its a lousy system that we don't like. why not give an inch on that clusterhump of dev dumbness.
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2013 at 8:22am by sadface »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint