Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) U19 Staff Build (Read 38091 times)
tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Re: U19 Staff Build
Reply #50 - Aug 23rd, 2013 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Druid master race?

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #51 - Aug 23rd, 2013 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Aug 23rd, 2013 at 1:11pm:
Improved Martial Arts as well?

0,5w vs 3d6 Improved Sneak Attack

I know what I would choose

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Aug 23rd, 2013 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Vissarion wrote on Aug 22nd, 2013 at 5:10pm:
I have a defunct Godhand build that I intend to resurrect as a Staff build. 13 Rogue/6 Monk/1 Druid looks pretty strong to me. Is the argument for the 12 Monk variants pretty much wings+earth stance crit multis?

You should be in Master Earth stance regardless of how many Monk levels you have.  It's worth the feat slot if you have to purchase it.

12 Monk is for wings and the additional movement speed.  The Theif Acrobat Vault ('wings') sucks donkey dick now with the amount of crappy prereqs it has.  It's also a slow cooldown.  You gain more ki than you know what to do with when cleaving.  It seems like a natural combo, especially when you're blitzing through a quest.

Improved Martial Arts for Sireth is 2.75 damage per swing, before crits.  I believe it's the best DPS option for the level 24 feat slot.  Level 21 should be OC, and level 27 Epic Damage Reduction.

IP Logged

Vissarion
DQ Assaulter

Reply #53 - Aug 23rd, 2013 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Aug 23rd, 2013 at 8:01pm:
You should be in Master Earth stance regardless of how many Monk levels you have.  It's worth the feat slot if you have to purchase it.

12 Monk is for wings and the additional movement speed.  The Theif Acrobat Vault ('wings') sucks donkey dick now with the amount of crappy prereqs it has.  It's also a slow cooldown.  You gain more ki than you know what to do with when cleaving.  It seems like a natural combo, especially when you're blitzing through a quest.

Improved Martial Arts for Sireth is 2.75 damage per swing, before crits.  I believe it's the best DPS option for the level 24 feat slot.  Level 21 should be OC, and level 27 Epic Damage Reduction.

Derp. I completely forgot about being able to take higher stances as feats now.

So then movement speed + wings versus more sneak attack + access to Opportunist? That's tough, as I am a speed junkie, even if the latter option does seem like better DPS.

Theologians don't know nothin' about my soul

IP Logged

gardner
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Aug 29th, 2013 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
wow.  lot's of good info in here guys.  Thanks.

My very first character has been sitting at level 15 (ranger 11/rogue4) for years now and I'd like to do something like this with her.  Turn her into a staff-wielding, sneaking, self-heallng solo character.  But my build skills suck: can you guys help me out?

She is currently a Lawful Neutal halfing, 32 pt build, +3 tomes to each stat.

IP Logged

tachyon
Titan Demolisher

Reply #55 - Aug 31st, 2013 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
Sireth vs Dreamspitter vs Stout Oak on this build?

I'm guessing stout oak till you can grab one or the other, sireth for red/purple named, and piercer for trash.

Input on this?

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 10:35am
Print Post  
tachyon wrote on Aug 31st, 2013 at 11:49pm:
Sireth vs Dreamspitter vs Stout Oak on this build?

I'm guessing stout oak till you can grab one or the other, sireth for red/purple named, and piercer for trash.

Input on this?

All Sireth all the time.  It's got a 14-20 crit range with Imp Crit and (Henshin|Acrobat) Tier5.  Also, Sireth has FoM and Shadowfell casters love to hold you.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #57 - Sep 11th, 2013 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
It is almost certainly not optimal but picking up a woowoo and rotating GCleave/Cleave/QStrike/Lunge/Sweeping and throwing in whateverelse you have according to your build is a load of fun.
« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2013 at 5:47pm by kum-gulp »  

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #58 - Sep 16th, 2013 at 9:29am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Sep 11th, 2013 at 5:47pm:
It is almost certainly not optimal but picking up a woowoo and rotating GCleave/Cleave/QStrike/Lunge/Sweeping and throwing in whateverelse you have according to your build is a load of fun.

Sireth + Ruby of the Endless Night Augment Smiley

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Sep 16th, 2013 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
totally wrote on Sep 16th, 2013 at 9:29am:
Sireth + Ruby of the Endless Night Augment Smiley

If it worked on crits, you bet.  Ruby of the Endless Night is crap.

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #60 - Sep 17th, 2013 at 7:02am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Sep 16th, 2013 at 2:49pm:
If it worked on crits, you bet.  Ruby of the Endless Night is crap.

Hmm, forgot you're not getting five squillion attacks per second as you would be with an un-armed build. I assume you've managed to test it out on Lama, so is it any good with Antipodes or Adamantine Knuckles? I still don't have Antipodes, but am already starting to dread losing my grave-woo once I do pick them up on my unarmed build
/thread de-rail.

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #61 - Sep 17th, 2013 at 9:27am
Print Post  
you only have one red slot on citw weapons and it's reserved for devotion/recon unless they come up with a totally OP augment which wont happen

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #62 - Sep 17th, 2013 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Quote:
you only have one red slot on citw weapons and it's reserved for devotion/recon unless they come up with a totally OP augment which wont happen

Of course, I'm a moron. As stated I don't have Antipodes yet so I didn't even think of this. Seems like it could be fun to try in the knuckles though, although I assume No(Carp)one's bothered testing it if they have Antipode as they're plainly superior.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint