Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) U19 Staff Build (Read 38100 times)
LafoMamone
Waterworks Kobold

Feather of Sun's Chief
Muse

Re: U19 Staff Build
Reply #25 - Jul 31st, 2013 at 11:35am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jul 31st, 2013 at 10:07am:
True, but even if they change it to work like standard action boosts, I'm good with 5+extra boosts per shrine.

Agreed. I just hope they leave the 30% in place.

With that being said, I think Carpone's pally version might work better for me. I like Smites, even though they are expended quickly, but it might work wonders with Sireth's crit profile combined with OC and LD. I also rather like having Divine Might and a considerable bonus to saves.  Smiley

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #26 - Jul 31st, 2013 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
I considered the pally build, but can't do a alignment change on the LR boat and have druid levels currently. After 32 past lives I really don't have the ambition currently to TR again just to fix alignment, leaning toward ranger, I think 9m/8rang/3 rogue has possibilities.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

LafoMamone
Waterworks Kobold

Feather of Sun's Chief
Muse

Reply #27 - Jul 31st, 2013 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Jul 31st, 2013 at 12:33pm:
I considered the pally build, but can't do a alignment change on the LR boat and have druid levels currently. After 32 past lives I really don't have the ambition currently to TR again just to fix alignment, leaning toward ranger, I think 9m/8rang/3 rogue has possibilities.

I am currently facing the same problem, as the toon I want this build on is not Lawful Good, and there is no way I am paying for a tome of alignment change.

I will most likely use LR+20 to pick up one more past life that I want, then TR into this build. Though this build is mostly intended for endgame, I like seeing how builds perform during levelling as well.  Smiley

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #28 - Jul 31st, 2013 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
LafoMamone wrote on Jul 31st, 2013 at 12:50pm:
I am currently facing the same problem, as the toon I want this build on is not Lawful Good, and there is no way I am paying for a tome of alignment change.

I will most likely use LR+20 to pick up one more past life that I want, then TR into this build. Though this build is mostly intended for endgame, I like seeing how builds perform during levelling as well.  Smiley

Not a bad idea, obviously I dont care to at the moment because im being lazy. I also personally think, with quest repetition penalties implemented and the TR xp not adjusted yet, TRing between u19 and u20 is going to suck it IMHO.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #29 - Jul 31st, 2013 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Yeah when I planned this out I though "oh if druid sucks or I get a Sireth, I can LR into Pally!" But I can't, because alignment. Booo. But this guy was never anything but a flavour build for shits and grins. It's just a happy coincidence that they accidentally made acrobats almost cool. I do love the abundant step though. Favorite part!

So what does druid get me? Shillelagh, Ram's Might, Jump, and Vigor are the ones that I use most. I like to throw a lesser creeping cold just for funsies every once in a while, and sometimes see ticks over 100. Not bad for not having any meta that affects it. I also get empower healing (which the pally gets) and some of the druid enhancements are good. Nature's Warrior effects in Lam include Fatal Harrier, which adds up to +6 pre-multiplier crit damage, the aforementioned 30% doublestrike action boost and a few others. I'll have to look for specifics. Also, the other druid tree (that I can't remember the name of) gives me access to relatively cheap wand/scroll mastery. Only requires 5 points spent in the tree (obviously you have the sunk cost of stupid bullshit wand heightening) and 75% effectiveness to scrolls is nice.

Skipped out on the shintao enhancements, since they took out defensive strikes its not worth it.

IP Logged

LafoMamone
Waterworks Kobold

Feather of Sun's Chief
Muse

Reply #30 - Jul 31st, 2013 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jul 31st, 2013 at 3:03pm:
Yeah when I planned this out I though "oh if druid sucks or I get a Sireth, I can LR into Pally!" But I can't, because alignment. Booo. But this guy was never anything but a flavour build for shits and grins. It's just a happy coincidence that they accidentally made acrobats almost cool. I do love the abundant step though. Favorite part!

So what does druid get me? Shillelagh, Ram's Might, Jump, and Vigor are the ones that I use most. I like to throw a lesser creeping cold just for funsies every once in a while, and sometimes see ticks over 100. Not bad for not having any meta that affects it. I also get empower healing (which the pally gets) and some of the druid enhancements are good. Nature's Warrior effects in Lam include Fatal Harrier, which adds up to +6 pre-multiplier crit damage, the aforementioned 30% doublestrike action boost and a few others. I'll have to look for specifics. Also, the other druid tree (that I can't remember the name of) gives me access to relatively cheap wand/scroll mastery. Only requires 5 points spent in the tree (obviously you have the sunk cost of stupid bullshit wand heightening) and 75% effectiveness to scrolls is nice.

Skipped out on the shintao enhancements, since they took out defensive strikes its not worth it.

Thanks for taking the time to go through the rest of your build's highlights. Rest assured that I will take all of that into consideration while I work out the rest of my build. I do believe that the pally version will ultimately be come out ahead for the reasons I mentioned above, and with that I rest my case.

You know, I used to have a super-fun monk/acrobat toon a long time ago, but I had to lay the concept to rest because every time I went raiding, my kills weren't comparable to the rest of the group. After deciding to rest on it for a few days, I concluded that it would be best to TR him into a pure khopesh rogue. Speaking of TRing, I really can't catch a rest: once I cap one toon, I TR another thinking it would bring me more dps/self-sufficiency than the rest.

Okay, I'll show myself out.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #31 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 3:53am
Print Post  
Why not use a 12 monk / 2rogue chassis instead of 6-8 monk/6-8 rogue?

Obviously, you heavily invest into Henshin Mystic instead of Thief Acrobat (grabbing only attack speed and haste boost from TA).

Any major disadvantages of this approach?

Or is 9/5 an even better split, improved evasion from monk and staff vault from Thief Acrobat tree?

Also, other races? Elf for displace? Half-elf monk dilettante for monk heal amplification instead of shintao?

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 7:21am
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Aug 7th, 2013 at 3:53am:
Why not use a 12 monk / 2rogue chassis instead of 6-8 monk/6-8 rogue?

Obviously, you heavily invest into Henshin Mystic instead of Thief Acrobat (grabbing only attack speed and haste boost from TA).

Any major disadvantages of this approach?

Or is 9/5 an even better split, improved evasion from monk and staff vault from Thief Acrobat tree?

Also, other races? Elf for displace? Half-elf monk dilettante for monk heal amplification instead of shintao?

12 Monk/6 Ranger or Paladin/2 Rogue is viable, and is recommended if you're a wings junkie.  Henshin's enhancements aren't as interesting as Theif-Acrobat though.  It's also AP intensive to do what you're suggesting.

An almost 6-min Displacement is nice for Elf if you can squeeze in Extend, but IMNSHO it's a waste of a feat and a poor racial choice when you can craft Shroud clickies that last 1m30s. 

I recommending going with the best healing amp setup for melee you can manage.  Helf dilettante is really expensive AP-wise.  I'd map it out to see if it's viable after you take your core class stuff.  Shintao may not be the optimal way to get heal amp now due to recent changes.

Personally, I'm not playing a staff build in U19.  I've decided that glancing blows on cleaves were more important to me, so I went with a 10 Monk/8 Fighter/2 Druid setup.  It's posted in the official Lamannia Discussion forum.

IP Logged

Sindarin
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 10:31am
Print Post  
Slight derail... on your monk/fighter/druid build, what's your opinion on swapping pally for druid?

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Sindarin wrote on Aug 7th, 2013 at 10:31am:
Slight derail... on your monk/fighter/druid build, what's your opinion on swapping pally for druid?

Just my opinion on it but you're leaving a lot of boosted damage on the table. The double-strike action boost looks amazing, vengeful hunter looks very good, and beguile is an interesting option if you can fit in a second tree. I haven't seen the paladin trees other than sacred defender but between Ram's Might, the double-strike boost, and vengeful hunter I'd imagine you'd be trading a lot of damage for the saves boost from your charisma score.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Sindarin wrote on Aug 7th, 2013 at 10:31am:

Divine Might and Divine Grace are poor substitutes for 30% Double Strike Boost, Ram's Might, Magical Training and access to Empower Healing Spell.

With Improved Reflexes and FoM boots, I don't care about Reflex or Will saves.
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2013 at 2:03pm by Carpone »  

IP Logged

Sindarin
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Figured it was worth a look.

Can't make the staff build work with my base without dropping way too many DDO points on LR stones.  Found a way to make this axe work, just have to sit on 2 levels of FvS for a week 'til I can LR them to druid.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Aug 10th, 2013 at 8:51am
Print Post  
Turbine couldn't figure out how to make Divine Might stack with other Paladin benefits, so they made it an Insight bonus.  Now it doesn't stack with gear.  /facepalm

IP Logged

LafoMamone
Waterworks Kobold

Feather of Sun's Chief
Muse

Reply #38 - Aug 15th, 2013 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Aug 10th, 2013 at 8:51am:
Turbine couldn't figure out how to make Divine Might stack with other Paladin benefits, so they made it an Insight bonus.  Now it doesn't stack with gear.  /facepalm

That leaves either the 6 Ranger version or some kind of a Druid blend, like rest indicated. No point in taking Pally levels without DM; it will likely be a long time before they fix it, if ever.
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2013 at 3:26pm by LafoMamone »  

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #39 - Aug 15th, 2013 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
YOu can still use DM.  It is a net loss of a total of 3 strength.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #40 - Aug 15th, 2013 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Druid crew  Cool

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #41 - Aug 15th, 2013 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 15th, 2013 at 4:24pm:
Druid crew

Have you already started splashing druids on your live toons?  You gotta get with the times before you can join.
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2013 at 4:33pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

LafoMamone
Waterworks Kobold

Feather of Sun's Chief
Muse

Reply #42 - Aug 15th, 2013 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Aug 15th, 2013 at 4:04pm:
YOu can still use DM.  It is a net loss of a total of 3 strength. 

It's a bit anticlimactic, and necessitates a change of gear I already accumulated.

Ugh. We'll see.

IP Logged

LafoMamone
Waterworks Kobold

Feather of Sun's Chief
Muse

Reply #43 - Aug 15th, 2013 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 15th, 2013 at 4:24pm:
Druid crew  Cool

Not for me, at least until it comes with a hefty discount. I am never buying TPs again.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #44 - Aug 15th, 2013 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Aug 15th, 2013 at 4:33pm:
Have you already started splashing druids on your live toons?  You gotta get with the times before you can join.

Yep. My acrobat TRd into a 9 monk 6 rogue 5 druid. He's ready for Monday.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Aug 16th, 2013 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 15th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Yep. My acrobat TRd into a 9 monk 6 rogue 5 druid. He's ready for Monday.

Why that split?

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #46 - Aug 16th, 2013 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Because I'm ridiculous.

IP Logged

Vissarion
DQ Assaulter

Reply #47 - Aug 22nd, 2013 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
I have a defunct Godhand build that I intend to resurrect as a Staff build. 13 Rogue/6 Monk/1 Druid looks pretty strong to me. Is the argument for the 12 Monk variants pretty much wings+earth stance crit multis?

Theologians don't know nothin' about my soul

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #48 - Aug 23rd, 2013 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Vissarion wrote on Aug 22nd, 2013 at 5:10pm:
I have a defunct Godhand build that I intend to resurrect as a Staff build. 13 Rogue/6 Monk/1 Druid looks pretty strong to me. Is the argument for the 12 Monk variants pretty much wings+earth stance crit multis?

Improved Martial Arts as well?

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #49 - Aug 23rd, 2013 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Druid has proven to be great fun.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint