Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) majmal - what the fuck? (Read 30312 times)
Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Re: majmal - what the fuck?
Reply #75 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.

I was hoping you would pass that on to your comrades. They make a habit of changing code in their off-hours to fix some personal crusade and slip it in.

I worked in a corporation that was CMMI Level 5 and QA could (and DID) put the kibosh on software deliveries... all the time. Working in ClearCase and testing 20 million lines of code in LoadRunner was pure agony, but it certainly had better results than this.

majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:11am:
Wow. Total bullshit. No idea what it takes to run an MMO. Blizzard? And the undead army that they have? Go look at their staffing. The job page goes on for like 16 pages. They have a separate building for QA. For 3 games. 300+ testers. Like Far Cry 3? 1000 people worked on that. Knights of the Old republic? 500.Skyrim on line - close to 800 now. Well, go forth armchair developer. Unity is easy. Go build this mystical game. Love to play it...in like 100 years.

Love your work... Wink

So, how many people are on DDO now?  Lips Sealed

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: majmal
Reply #76 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Sep 1st, 2013 at 10:48pm:

Its not just numbers, its abilities.

No point having huge staff numbers if all the good ones moved on to the next big project.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #77 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Sep 1st, 2013 at 10:48pm:

Once this down time is over, no one will remember that there were 0 (zero) people on DDO at the time of this reply. Let this post remind us during future readings, the answer is 0.

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #78 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 1st, 2013 at 10:57pm:
Once this down time is over, no one will remember that there were 0 (zero) people on DDO at the time of this reply. Let this post remind us during future readings, the answer is 0.

Sorry, I should have made that easier for idiots to understand:
When he was saying how many QA people were working on games from other companies, I was asking how many FUCKING QA PEOPLE were working on DDO.

Yet, it seems like the answer would be the same; Their QA is part of the rubber stamp society and should be in shipping and receiving.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint