Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Sunday Sept 1 (Read 30956 times)
OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Re: Sunday Sept 1
Reply #100 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 9:30am
Print Post  
I've been trying for a few years now to get my Mac only brother to get a PC or get set up to play.  With some of the Mac updates, he DL the client. Didn't first try to get in until last night...  He was convinced it was a bad DL...  Thanks, DDO Vendor MisManagement Dept...  I can't spread this addiction if I get soap chips instead of crack rocks...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #101 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 9:40am
Print Post  
YABB!!

edit: wasn't worth it
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2013 at 9:41am by NOTdarth »  

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #102 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 10:02am
Print Post  
ok...

I'm seriously not a drama queen. I'm one of the more easy-going dudes I know.

But Turbine has crossed a line of annoyingly unreliable with me at this point. I know many of you reached that point long ago. I'm often slow.

I'm literally canceling my sub right now. I'll still play. But at this point, I'm looking at other games. (something I never do).

Suggestions?

EDIT: .......... the account management site is down......... I guess I'll have to wait...  Angry Angry Angry Angry
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2013 at 10:04am by Meat-Head »  

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #103 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 10:37am
Print Post  
I got this when I tried to load the forums a moment ago:

Code
Select All
XML Parsing Error: unexpected parser state
Location: jar:file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Mozilla%20Firefox/omni.ja!/chrome/toolkit/content/global/netError.xhtml
Line Number 308, Column 50:        <div id="ed_netReset">&netReset.longDesc;</div>
-------------------------------------------------^ 

I don't speak any of that language, so Ill assume it's either progress or the DDO code has become self aware and is attempting to launch missiles at us.

(If anyone could give me a quick explanation, I do love to learn.)

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #104 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 10:39am
Print Post  
I have a couple dozen games in Steam I've never played... dunno about you.

I've been messing around on a minecraft server too. I liked it much better when there were two people working on it instead of twenty... too many changes, too much complexity. The game was perfect for me around 0.6.

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #105 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 10:52am
Print Post  
Forum's working again, at least for me.

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

Azithoth
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #106 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 10:54am
Print Post  
site just loaded for me, but of course the game still doesn't

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #107 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 10:56am
Print Post  
http://www.iidrn.com/ddo.com.html

Ddo.com is DOWN for everyone.
It is not just you. The server is not responding...

In other news Turbine has announced that the latest patch is the best yet, "DDO is now bug and exploit free. We have even gotten rid of the forum trolls".  These announcements have been posted on flyers in their parking lot.

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Reply #108 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Thank god Turbine evaluated their network last month, so they could not identify this problem.  Turbine evaluated their network but quickly pointed the finger at Verizon not taking into account that there might be a problem on their end.  Mismanaged.

Here is my guess;

Hardware gone bad.  No redundant hardware at Turbine to replace with.  Why?  That costs money.

How much has this downtime cost Turbine in employee overtime and not receiving any micro transactions?  More than the redundant hardware would have cost.

How much ill will has this cost Turbine?  A lot.

From my experience, the people who made this decision are BEANCOUNTERS.

Service Contract.  Paid for lowest level of service.  Who made this decision?  Beancounters.

Their service contract probably calls for their parts to be delivered on normal business days, which Sunday and Labor Day is not a normal business day.

So, the Support Engineer will appear on Tuesday around 11 AM at best.  First, the support ticket will go through processing in California probably on Tuesday, when California opens up for their level of contract.

Then passed on to the Support Engineer in Boston.  Then, the Support Engineer checks his/her parts inventory and Turbine/Vendor had better hope the part is in stock.  Otherwise, FED EX is your friend on Wednesday.

I would be surprised if the game is up on Monday, Labor Day Holiday, September 2, 2013.

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #109 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 11:04am
Print Post  
new on http://www.pando.com/:

Dear Pando users. We have some bittersweet news.

Since our creation of Pando in 2005, we’ve helped more than 27 million people share files with each other. But all good things come to an end.

On August 31, we will be shutting down the Pando service.

Additionally, as of August 12, you will no longer be able to upload files using the Pando service, only download.
If you are a Pando Pro user, don’t worry! We will be happy to issue you a partial refund for the remaining time you have on your subscription. Simply email us at support@pando.com with Refund in the subject line to start the process.

We’d like to thank everyone who’s been with us through the years and helped make Pando the great program that it was.

And, I guess that is more important to DDO:

Pando might be gone, but that doesn’t mean you have to stop sharing! If you are looking for a Pando Business or Game Download solution, or if you are an existing Pando Game Download solution customer, then please contact RELOADED TECHNOLOGIES. Reloaded is currently upgrading Pando’s customers to its proprietary “Super Node Delivery™” system to handle large, reliable and scalable download operations.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #110 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 11:05am
Print Post  

Well this explains the record-setting number of guests that were logged in today Grin

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #111 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Forums are back, Launcher still borked.

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #112 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 11:06am
Print Post  
When I'm reading the crap ot the official forums where fanbois are defending Turbine "The outage was not their fault."

I spontaneously fall into barbarian rage mode <<insert halfling rage scream here>>

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #113 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 11:15am
Print Post  
I don't know about everyone else, but I have been getting intermittent lag spikes for the last few weeks where everything is fine, except my data flow drops to around 50bps in and out, everything else fine, latency about 100, 0% packet loss.   I am guessing hardware problem, but you know they are going to try everything else possible before resorting to new hardware.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #114 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Oh I've got to see that.

The few traceroutes I saw before going to bed yesterday said very clearly that it was Turbine's fault.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #115 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Sep 2nd, 2013 at 11:17am:
Oh I've got to see that.

The few traceroutes I saw before going to bed yesterday said very clearly that it was Turbine's fault.

"not our fault" is bullshit.  It's not the Turbine staff BUT you can't have an internet game without internet hardware and at a T1 or similar.  So a Turbine subcontractor who does their interwebs work is to blame.  I am sure Turdbine has saved a lot of money using whomever this subcontractor is?  Maybe not so much anymore...  T

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #116 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Sep 2nd, 2013 at 11:24am:
"not our fault" is bullshit.  It's not the Turbine staff BUT you can't have an internet game without internet hardware and at a T1 or similar.  So a Turbine subcontractor who does their interwebs work is to blame.  I am sure Turdbine has saved a lot of money using whomever this subcontractor is?  Maybe not so much anymore...  T

T1, oh dear, where do you live ?  ( well here we call that E1 and it's a 2Mb link instead of a 1.56Mb link )

Yes your fucking DSL connection has more bandwidth than a fucking T1.

We are talking about STM64 or STM256 here ( or OC-192/ OC-768 ) at minimum. ( That's 10Gb and 32GB respectively )

Probably more. ( maybe 1Teb, as there's some involved in the traceroute just before Turbine )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #117 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
Client's working, auth servers not.

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #118 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Sep 2nd, 2013 at 12:03pm:
T1, oh dear, where do you live ?  

He lives in Hippytown where having a T1 makes you King because everyone else either has dial-up or uses smoke signals.  Tongue

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #119 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
"We have made two calls to our host who kindly reminded us that we forfeit the 24/7 maintenance package and we have taken down turbine.com to prevent mass cancellations. We expect to begin servicing offsite components at 9:00am EST, Tuesday"

No, no. I'm just kiddin. Rest assured, "They continue to work with their vendors to resolve the current issues"

In the meantime, here's some stories about REAL issues of external nature that lead to minutes if not hours of downtime.
http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2012/12/17/the-year-in-downtime-top-...
Maybe the Turbine login server is on fire in a hurricane underwater with a date related glitch and no power?

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #120 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/424533-Login-and-Launcher-Issues-Septe...

According to this post, Some service called "Pando" went out of business yesterday, and this was know to the public at least for one month. If that really is the cause, then I don't know how to comment on this.

Latest info from Cordovan: they are still "investigating" the issue.

Twitter: last info 3h ago.

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #121 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
LOTRO Twitter says it is not Pando:
https://twitter.com/lotro Pando is not an ISP and does not handle internet routing. Only downloading for new players.

But maybe no more pando was to much traffic for turbine/ the ISP? As every new or returning player now has to download dirctly from their servers?
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2013 at 12:30pm by string table error, tableDID »  

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

golem
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #122 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
I get a login error still....  swine

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #123 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Launcher borked now...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

radonek
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #124 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
i get some kind of authentication error when i try to log in. it. the launcher did download some c++ stuff and go to the log in screen, but errors out after i entered my password

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint