Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Inventory Cleaned with "Extreme Prejudice" (Read 68951 times)
NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Re: Inventory Cleaned with "Extreme Prejudice"
Reply #100 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
So much butthurt from people that didn't dupe in this post. Go fuck yourselves Turbine White Knights.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #101 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
yabba

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #102 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
YAAAAAB!!!

IP Logged

CanIHazYourStuff
DQ Assaulter

Niiiiiiii!

Reply #103 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
Dabbaaaa

Yarrrrrr!

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #104 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Oct 23rd, 2013 at 8:52pm:
So much butthurt from people that didn't dupe in this post.

You are the second person to say this.  You're both jumping to conclusions.

NOTdarth wrote on Oct 23rd, 2013 at 8:52pm:
Go fuck yourselves Turbine White Knights.

You really need to come up with a fresher schtick.  It's quite possible to both; 1) think Turbine are idiots and 2) not give a shit about dupers losing items.

IP Logged

dilnu
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #105 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Dooo!

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #106 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
What the fuck. I thought this was a thread about microwaving bacon.

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

dilnu
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #107 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
mmmm bacon

IP Logged

Crunch ButtSteak
Stormreaver Piker

Fer teh lolz

Reply #108 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 12:12am
Print Post  
TDarkchylde wrote on Oct 23rd, 2013 at 6:23pm:
Can we get some confirmation on this before we freak out?

So, I saw the same that Backley saw as reported by a UserChat channel on Orien.  I can confirm all of what Backley stated was at least what the banned player reported to us.

The one part I wasn't clear on was the Cannith gear.  The banned player stated that his ML4 Cannith gear was gone, and somehow replaced with ML20 Cannith gear.  I didn't follow that part very clearly.

But, based on what I know of this player (I'll admit that I don't know him super well, but whatevs), I do not feel that he had any reason to troll, nor do I believe that he was exaggerating.

The punishment for the crime was the 14 day ban.  To then go through and gut characters of other things that were not ill-gotten is over the line.  Not our fault if 1) they don't have the manpower to enforce these exploits, and also not our fault that 2) they don't have a sophisticated enough system to just scripted yank all of the ill-gotten items based on their item serial, or creation time-stamp, etc.

Turbine's like the Soup Nazi at this point.  And really, their soup is getting to the point where it's not even that good anymore.
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2013 at 12:17am by Crunch ButtSteak »  

IP Logged

TDarkchylde
Dragon Raider

It's just a simulation...

Reply #109 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 12:13am
Print Post  
Crunch ButtSteak wrote on Oct 24th, 2013 at 12:12am:
So, I saw the same that Backley saw as reported by a UserChat channel on Orien.  I can confirm all of what Backley stated was at least what the banned player reported to us.

The one part I wasn't clear on was the Cannith gear.  The banned player stated that his ML4 Cannith gear was gone, and somehow replaced with ML20 Cannith gear.  I didn't follow that part very clearly.

But, based on what I know of this player (I'll admit that I don't know him super well, but whatevs), I do not feel that he had any reason to troll, nor do I believe that he was exaggerating.

That's all I wanted to know. Someone arm the damn LOIC. Wiping out any duped shit is one thing, but getting rid of legitimately earned/donated stuff is another ball of wax entirely.
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2013 at 12:15am by TDarkchylde »  
AIM  
IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #110 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 12:18am
Print Post  
TDarkchylde wrote on Oct 24th, 2013 at 12:13am:
That's all I wanted to know. Someone arm the damn LOIC. Wiping out any duped shit is one thing, but getting rid of legitimately earned/donated stuff is another ball of wax entirely.

pew pew pew

IP Logged

Crunch ButtSteak
Stormreaver Piker

Fer teh lolz

Reply #111 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 12:19am
Print Post  
TDarkchylde wrote on Oct 24th, 2013 at 12:13am:

Agreed.  I think it was too far.

Is taking advantage wrong?  Yes.  Is gutting an account so far to the point where the player won't even bother to pick up the pieces and play again okay?  Absolutely not.

I really don't think they are in any sort of position to shit on their customers anymore.  If they continue to do so, then bring forth the conspiracy theories that they're on auto-pilot just trying to run everyone off so that they can close the doors.
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2013 at 12:20am by Crunch ButtSteak »  

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #112 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 12:20am
Print Post  
pnellesen wrote on Oct 23rd, 2013 at 8:11pm:
Wha??? I may have missed something in the Epic Destiny process, but what part of the duping would have affected EDs??? Unless they caught the person abusing twists on a TR and decided to nail them for that as well?

And actually taking the time to craft (or create) a full set of gear? Seriously?

If true (and I agree with Kimberlite and OldCoaly about Backley), that is just... weird.

I was actually waiting for people to come back and complain they got put into permanent non removable purple dinosaur cosmetic armor and helmets with 95% of there items no matter what they were gone.
Even with raid items missing or ED's reset, just think it could have been worse, turbine could have deleted/banned the whole account.

IP Logged

Crunch ButtSteak
Stormreaver Piker

Fer teh lolz

Reply #113 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 12:23am
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on Oct 24th, 2013 at 12:20am:
Even with raid items missing or ED's reset, just think it could have been worse, turbine could have deleted/banned the whole account.

How could it have been worse?  Dude had a toon setup for a good-hearted server raffle event.  Now he won't ever login again.  For what they did to him, they might as well have permabanned him.  Cause he's not coming back at all now.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #114 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 12:23am
Print Post  
I'm sorry I gave Turbine more credit earlier... I thought they really would have the financial sense not to do anything that would make people quit the game.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #115 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 12:25am
Print Post  
could have been worse, turbine could have deleted/banned the whole account.

how retarded is that statement?  pretty fucking retarded. 

I guess I should be happy that they didn't come to my house and fuck me in the ass while my kids watched since that would have been worse.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #116 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 12:27am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Oct 24th, 2013 at 12:23am:
I'm sorry I gave Turbine more credit earlier... I thought they really would have the financial sense not to do anything that would make people quit the game.

this wishy washy shit will probably cause a lot of folks to quit.  I know I don't really give a fuck about playing much these days and that's only after two weeks.

After a month I'll be DDO clean and sober and be used to doing RL shit instead.

IP Logged

Crunch ButtSteak
Stormreaver Piker

Fer teh lolz

Reply #117 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 12:30am
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Oct 24th, 2013 at 12:25am:
how retarded is that statement?  pretty fucking retarded. 

I guess I should be happy that they didn't come to my house and fuck me in the ass while my kids watched since that would have been worse.

I bet if you had confessed to Tolero, she might've worked this out for you...

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #118 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 12:55am
Print Post  
... turbine could have deleted/banned the whole account.

That would make more sense (in a very heavy-handed way) than a dev actually taking hours out of their workday to go into one character of one account and pick and choose what they're going to remove/change. Seems like an incredibly inefficient waste of dev/employee time.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #119 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 1:02am
Print Post  
Crunch ButtSteak wrote on Oct 24th, 2013 at 12:12am:

The punishment for the crime was the 14 day ban.  To then go through and gut characters of other things that were not ill-gotten is over the line.  Not our fault if 1) they don't have the manpower to enforce these exploits, and also not our fault that 2) they don't have a sophisticated enough system to just scripted yank all of the ill-gotten items based on their item serial, or creation time-stamp, etc.

Turbine's like the Soup Nazi at this point.  And really, their soup is getting to the point where it's not even that good anymore.

Of all the people they chose Item? what a deuce?

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #120 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 1:02am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Oct 24th, 2013 at 12:23am:

Or they weighed up the cost of exploiters forcing them to pay people overtime to clean up the mess and decided they could do without a few dozen of the serious cheaters who exploit simply to damage the game.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #121 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 1:04am
Print Post  
pnellesen wrote on Oct 24th, 2013 at 12:55am:
That would make more sense (in a very heavy-handed way) than a dev actually taking hours out of their workday to go into one character of one account and pick and choose what they're going to remove/change. Seems like an incredibly inefficient waste of dev/employee time.

no shit.  how can I spend as much money as possible to potentially lose paying customers?  someone in turbine got their panties in a twist over this to throw away money like that.

somebody dupe Glin's asshole and paste it above every glory hole in the Castro or something?

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #122 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 1:06am
Print Post  
HairyO wrote on Oct 24th, 2013 at 1:02am:
Or they weighed up the cost of exploiters forcing them to pay people overtime to clean up the mess and decided they could do without a few dozen of the serious cheaters who exploit simply to damage the game.

I sincerely wish I could weigh your brain but I don't have access to a mass spectrometer.

IP Logged

TDarkchylde
Dragon Raider

It's just a simulation...

Reply #123 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 1:06am
Print Post  
HairyO wrote on Oct 24th, 2013 at 1:02am:

AIM  
IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #124 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 1:12am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Oct 24th, 2013 at 1:02am:
Of all the people they chose Item? what a deuce?

I don't think it was Item, since he originally reported hearing it from a channel conversation.
http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1382543473/31#31

Most likely, it was someone in Forever Knights. There was a mention of losing EE and EH thanksgiving giveaway donations, which matches this thread:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/426968-Orien-Server-2013-Thanksgiving-...!

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
Send TopicPrint