Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Idea, need smart/nonlazy people- bout shurikens (Read 27042 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Idea, need smart/nonlazy people- bout shurikens
Reply #25 - May 12th, 2014 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on May 12th, 2014 at 10:15pm:
Single fist...

Are you asking if a single fist is the requirment of being a martial art feat?

http://ddowiki.com/page/Martial_arts_feats

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #26 - May 12th, 2014 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 12th, 2014 at 10:22pm:
Are you asking if a single fist is the requirment of being a martial art feat?

http://ddowiki.com/page/Martial_arts_feats

Kinda.

I was wondering if being unarmed would give the SWF bonus to unarmed attacks as, technically, your offhand is unarmed. And, also, would the same SWF feats apply to a TWF shape-shifted druid.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #27 - May 12th, 2014 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
I thought you were trying to make me justify why SWF should be a martial arts feat.

NOTSunnyshadow wrote on May 12th, 2014 at 10:36pm:
I was wondering if being unarmed would give the SWF bonus to unarmed attacks as, technically, your offhand is unarmed.

I already asked this and was told no.
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2014 at 10:52pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #28 - May 12th, 2014 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on May 12th, 2014 at 10:50pm:
I thought you were trying to make me justify why SWF should be a martial arts feat.

I already asked this and was told no.

That, too. But you love monks too much.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #29 - May 12th, 2014 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
It's true he loves munk too much. The superior splash would be heavy ranger with monk. Shadow fade is very much expendable.

Really though it's offense vs defense. I'm debating completely getting rid of monk splash so I can not be centered. I would miss stunning fist though :/.
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2014 at 11:43pm by Sham »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #30 - May 12th, 2014 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on May 12th, 2014 at 10:58pm:
That, too. But you love monks too much.

Not really, they're just OP so it makes a lot of sense to build with them.

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #31 - May 13th, 2014 at 12:05am
Print Post  
Sham wrote on May 12th, 2014 at 11:03pm:
The superior splash would be heavy ranger with monk. Shadow fade is very much expendable.

Are you saying this regarding wolf form?

I'm not seeing it.

9 Levels are used immediately for optimal animal form combat.

that leaves 11 levels
If I go 11ranger I gain 3 melee feats
If I go 6ranger, 4fighter that gives 5 bonus melee feats, no earth stance.
If I go 6monk, 4fighter that gives 7 bonus melee feats + access to earth stance.

I guess you could drop to a 2druid split, but I don't see how that competes either.

A 10druid/6ranger/4fighter gains manyshot, but a monk/fighter split comes out ahead in melee.
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2014 at 12:06am by Munkenmo »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #32 - May 13th, 2014 at 12:21am
Print Post  
Hmm i wonder, how a dex based build would do, i kinda hate reflex a druid wolf gets, but it might kill the point to get enourmos crits while earth /str based.
I just cant seem to find a way for this not to get chunked by every reflex based spell in higher ee content.
From little experience i had while testing druids in ee in wolf form, only solution i saw is dex based.
I mean you can survive and all, but its a bit annoying how you need to be aware of aoe spells compared to other high saves builds.
Fort is not a issue, dreadnought fixes that.

Personaly i dont like group based builds, but more like solo/duo builds that can handle scaling well in case someone asks for random invite so the reflex being low is a bit annoying to me.
If you droped oc, you could go for example full time halfling, maybe get mark (works in wolf?), gain more feats, could also swap to 6 monk and get shadow fade back
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2014 at 12:27am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - May 13th, 2014 at 12:39am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 13th, 2014 at 12:21am:
Hmm i wonder, how a dex based build would do, i kinda hate reflex a druid wolf gets, but it might kill the point to get enourmos crits while earth /str based.
I just cant seem to find a way for this not to get chunked by every reflex based spell in higher ee content.

On the 10/6/4 build, the saves can reach 60. Base 9 reflex, i think? It's requires some slots.

9 base
3 brace PL
4 parry item
2 good luck
10 item
3 greensteel item
3 ninja spy
3 Bestial Nature
4 Grt. Heroism
10 dex 30 mod
4 master water
4 epic level bonus

« Last Edit: May 13th, 2014 at 12:44am by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #34 - May 13th, 2014 at 12:44am
Print Post  
Hmm how does bestial nature work?
Tho 63 seems fine, drop the water stance, add haste and maybe a twist or 2, could work for most content
Cant play atm, still 3 days ban so sry for stupid questions.
Just trying to find a way to make it actualy playable in ee-s
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2014 at 12:53am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - May 13th, 2014 at 12:51am
Print Post  
yes
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2014 at 12:54am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #36 - May 13th, 2014 at 1:33am
Print Post  
If saves are really a bother to you :

An 11druid/6fighter/2monk would gain access to cast-able fireshield, loss of one feat if you still pick up master of forms though. Personally I'd rather have shadowfade, but fireshield does really reduce the need for reflex saves.

Another option is going with a 9/9/2 and accepting fails for half damage instead. You only lose 1 fighter feat.

For physical traps, I find that between PRR and Hide of the crocodile enhancment & stoneskin I'm pretty well covered there when I need to be.

fwiw: Parrying and Bestial Nature don't stack, they're both insight bonuses.
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2014 at 1:38am by Munkenmo »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - May 13th, 2014 at 1:44am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on May 13th, 2014 at 1:33am:
If saves are really a bother to you

An 11druid/6fighter/2monk

fwiw: Parrying and Bestial Nature don't stack, they're both insight bonuses.

Didnt know Bestial and Parry were same, thanx. I guess edlritch ritual for +1 and good luck +3 would be needed.

6 fighter allows for defender stance +3 to saves- doesnt stack with eldritch ritual. And 25 prr, for 11 AP.

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #38 - May 13th, 2014 at 8:51am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on May 13th, 2014 at 12:05am:
Are you saying this regarding wolf form?

I'm not seeing it.

9 Levels are used immediately for optimal animal form combat.

that leaves 11 levels
If I go 11ranger I gain 3 melee feats
If I go 6ranger, 4fighter that gives 5 bonus melee feats, no earth stance.
If I go 6monk, 4fighter that gives 7 bonus melee feats + access to earth stance.

I guess you could drop to a 2druid split, but I don't see how that competes either.

A 10druid/6ranger/4fighter gains manyshot, but a monk/fighter split comes out ahead in melee.

There's no reason to go 10 druid. I'd rather stick with 9.

Like a thrower build, the swf + twf wolf form should be focused on max hits per second. It already attacks fast, imagine how much dps it would put out at near constant 100% doublestrike?

On a monk, we would lose so much doublestrike. No draconic reinvigoration orb in offhand to constantly regenerate druid doublestrike boost and also haste boost. No access to lightning mace. Without ranger, no access to killer, and no access to 10% more offhand. That's a total of 65 % doublestrike. One of the negatives of monk is inability to wield offhand while swfing.

So earth form, and stunning fist versus 65 % doublestrike and manyshot. A wolf druid is usually in blitz so I was trying to think synergy. Fatal harrier + killer. Manyshot to start of blitz easier in pugs. What I really, really miss is stunning fist and no mercy.

18 + 20 + 9 + 15 + 30 + 8 = 100% doublestrike.

8 % doublestrike from other easy to get sources if you really want.

Since we attack so fast we get much more out of doublestrike. No way earth stance beats out more procs of sneak attack, mortal fear, etc.

I've considered 9 druid 6 ranger 5 monk and 9 druid 6 monk 5 ranger (I like this one atm), just so I can get stunning fist. It will be less sustainable dps though. No way to keep up doublstrike and haste boost. (Unless I use shuriken cheese Grin)
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2014 at 9:14am by Sham »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #39 - May 13th, 2014 at 9:19am
Print Post  
Do you realy have enough ap to get fatal harrier/killer/offhand procs.
Tho i do agree that ranger splash might be better.

But imo monk split, beside stun fist in animal form, feats, more base dodge, dodge cap, reflex, evasion gains with 6 levels the most powerful ability, aka shadow fade.
Dont forget the prr you get from earth stance, and ability to also gain 10% dstrike from its tree.
Issue with doggie builds is not dps, but survivablity.
To drop even more surivival for pointles dps, dunno.
Just droping stun fist reduces survival by a huge ammount imo.
I personaly am eager to try a 10 druid 6 monk 4 rogue, or something in that manner, dex based /to get viable reflex/ halfling /for mark and more saves from cores, or some other split like that since droping oc line frees you 4 feats.
Could either pick com expertise for more prr or precision which i consider more valuable then patack for new raids
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2014 at 9:22am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #40 - May 13th, 2014 at 9:21am
Print Post  
Lelouch I did the ap. You can fit in. I would have to give up no mercy, but things already die quickly when stunned and its very expensive. Legendary dreadnaught autocaps your dodge. The points you bring up is why I struggle dropping stunning fist, which is why I compromised at 9/6/5. Gain stunning fist, shadow dodge, wind stance in place of lightning mace(they don't stack). I really dislike reduced speed from earth stance on a light monk splash. Also inability to take master of forms leave me with adept form in wind.
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2014 at 9:26am by Sham »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #41 - May 13th, 2014 at 9:26am
Print Post  
Well we can try out all that shit soon enough anyways, all options seem viable to me.
3 days til ban lifted, can finally tr out of crapcetus build.
Most horribly boring build i did, il never againg do a build like that.
Tho i did solo ee wgu as melle on that crappy build.

Think im just sick of iconics and want to do whatever with halfling, imagining a triple heroic/iconic/epic completionist as halfling in wolf form, or shurikens just sounds so silly to me that i want to do it for real.
If only you could be a smaller wolf when shifting as halfwit

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #42 - May 13th, 2014 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Cetus build is overdone. Don't get me started on his ability to play sorcs...

I planned to use a mortal fear shuriken and also a draconic reinvigoration shuriken. This way I don't have to remake thunder forge weapons when the inevitable nerf hits wolf form. Use mortal fear until boosts run out then switch to drac reinvig.

Also, I prefer human to halfling. Extra feat which is important. Damage boost which stacks with other boosts. With draconic reinvigoration and you can have a lot of haste, damage, doublestrike boosts Cheesy.

Consider making your wolf weapon a shuriken, that way you still attack in wolf form but keep the thunder forge for easy conversion to star-fucker.

I was told you still attack regularly wielding a shuriken in wolf form. I will need to check later before I build.
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2014 at 9:49am by Sham »  

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #43 - May 13th, 2014 at 9:50am
Print Post  
I still have a WF 9Drd/9Mnk/2Ftr waiting for the changes to either TR or LR20. I had debated on TRing into a star chucker but decided to use another toon since this one already has the gear to make a decent melee wolf, but would probably TR out of a robot into human or something.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #44 - May 13th, 2014 at 9:54am
Print Post  
Well i did plan to make a shuri, but when you try to do it fair way and only get 4 freaking pholgs in 12 runs you get realy discouraged (think 11 were hard 1 normal, cant do elite in cannith beside with 2-3 guilds maybe, since our player base is realy realy bad).
Esp when you are in cetus and blitzing in pugs full of tards that either use fury slaying arrows on mobs you prep to start blitz, or when you are forced to blitz for 40 minutes while they get real philatr.
As im in eu, i usualy miss raids from good guilds, the feeling i get when i wake up and see a tell, hey mate wyrn eh?
I get so pissed at myself for sleeping.
But i cant stay til 5 am awake to join raids, just doesnt work out with work/reallife.
In all honesty, only 3 times i realy realy wanted to dupe stuff was for coh/cov and for thforged mats.

Dunno human seems ok, you get hm lets see cure critical and cure ser with a 9 druid splash, with the racial amp it might be enough for selfheal.
I push the halfling idea only because im scared from low reflex, and the cores and being dex based would fix that
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2014 at 10:00am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #45 - May 13th, 2014 at 9:58am
Print Post  
I hear you, I only raid 1-2 times a week, and with a bunch of different toons being leveled and such, I just don't have the time to devote to doing anything more than tier 2 Tforged weapons. I don't think I've ever run a raid 20 times before TRing a toon, except Shroud once.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #46 - May 13th, 2014 at 10:02am
Print Post  
Dont get me started on abbot runs on cannith lol.
So lucky friend is a pro, so he dualboxed googs, i usualy did roids/ice- sometimes roids but super super rarely so i could get all my gear from there.
Think i would think about suicide several times before getting to 20 abbot runs while puging on cannith.
Still remember a run a guidlie did with silver legion, took em like 6 hours or so, they constantly refused to let him into googles since they "know it".
Was realy funny to read in guild chat how much he raged, why didnt he give up? Well we persuaded him to continue and i thin it was his 20th or so
/i sidetracked a bit
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2014 at 10:18am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #47 - May 13th, 2014 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Also lelouch, if you were that worried about saves. You can use an orb and shield block/attack which is an option for wolf form melees. Thunderforge is a +10 to all saves. I like stunning fist too much to give it up for saves.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #48 - May 13th, 2014 at 10:53am
Print Post  
When i started playing, back in 2009 or 10 forgot date, i started as a ki bar user.
So doubt i would drop stuning myself heh.
A 6 sec cd quite easy to make ee viable stun, yes pls.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #49 - May 13th, 2014 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Sham wrote on May 13th, 2014 at 8:51am:
There's no reason to go 10 druid. I'd rather stick with 9.

No reason to go 7th monk or 5th fighter either, druid made the most sense for longer / better spells.

monk and 6ranger both get the same 10% off hand procs btw, there's 10% offhand procs in shintao tree.

Lelouch summed it up though, ranger is much less defensive than the monk splash which is why I'll stick with monk for now.

I've no idea why you're mentioning wind stance in place of lightning mace.  Nobody is running wind over earth in EE.

Sham wrote on May 13th, 2014 at 9:32am:
I was told you still attack regularly wielding a shuriken in wolf form. I will need to check later before I build.

You can with flasks, don't see why shuriken would be different.  Doesn't work with bows though.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint