Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) So...Swashbuckler (Read 61119 times)
SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: So...Swashbuckler
Reply #100 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 3:11am
Print Post  
Can shield mastery feats and SWF feats still be taken together on Lam? Is U23 expected to disable this option?

I heard it won't be possible anymore and would like to get this verified.

Thx!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #101 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 3:31am
Print Post  
SayWhatAgain wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 3:11am:
Can shield mastery feats and SWF feats still be taken together on Lam?

Yes. I rolled my rogue swash that uses both lines, rolled a dwarven defender using both, rolled my pure pally using both.

SayWhatAgain wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 3:11am:
Is U23 expected to disable this option?

idk. But as of now it works. And another thing if youre looking to make one or already have one. They wont be taking your feats away from you if you have them once u23 goes live.
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2014 at 3:32am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #102 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:56am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 3:31am:
Yes. I rolled my rogue swash that uses both lines, rolled a dwarven defender using both, rolled my pure pally using both.

idk. But as of now it works. And another thing if youre looking to make one or already have one. They wont be taking your feats away from you if you have them once u23 goes live.

Gotcha thx!
One more thing, whatever works for bucklers still works for orbs on Lam as well correct?

Having the combination of feats disabled would have saved me a headache building my version of a bard. My dillema remains it seems especially due to the window of opportunity, as you say, between now and u23 to avoid future changes to these lines.
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:59am by SayWhatAgain »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #103 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
SayWhatAgain wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:56am:
whatever works for bucklers still works for orbs on Lam as well correct?

Shield Mastery line works with orbs. Stalwart abilities do not work with orbs.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #104 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 12:22pm:
Shield Mastery line works with orbs. 

Hmmm...

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #105 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 11th, 2014 at 10:16pm:
Apparently Swahbuckler DOES NOT get Dex to attack.

I'm not positive but I think this is still the case. Am I wrong?

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

The Magnificent Fiery Foot
Ex Member

Reply #106 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 4:08pm:
I'm not positive but I think this is still the case. Am I wrong?

You are not wrong sir!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #107 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You are not wrong sir!!  Smiley

Ugh. Is that a bug or did the Devs change their mind when they said SBs would also get their "stat" (or was it just Dex, can't remember) also to hit?

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #108 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 6:46pm:
Devs change their mind

It was in an earlier version of SB tree, but Turbine.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #109 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 7:12pm:
It was in an earlier version of SB tree, but Turbine.

I don't suppose it's "re-appeared" in the version of SB in the current version of Lamannia by any chance?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #110 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 7:24pm:
I don't suppose it's "re-appeared" in the version of SB in the current version of Lamannia by any chance?

No.

It isn't that bad to do without, however, if you invest a few points and an item into str. Tomes, accuracy item and you really wont miss as much as suspected. There may be some grazing hits as well. Overall not too much of a loss if you cant spare the feat. Tenser's or Divine Crusader make up for this slightly as well as GH and Haste adding bonuses. or ftr past lives. TF weapons being +12, Swash bonuses, Enchant Weapon past lives.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #111 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 1:45am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 8:51pm:
No.

It isn't that bad to do without, however, if you invest a few points and an item into str. Tomes, accuracy item and you really wont miss as much as suspected. There may be some grazing hits as well. Overall not too much of a loss if you cant spare the feat. Tenser's or Divine Crusader make up for this slightly as well as GH and Haste adding bonuses. or ftr past lives. TF weapons being +12, Swash bonuses, Enchant Weapon past lives.

Think I'd be ok with a +72 To-Hit w/GH, +68 w/o GH?
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2014 at 1:46am by Arkat »  

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #112 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 1:59am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 12:22pm:
Shield Mastery line works with orbs. Stalwart abilities do not work with orbs.

Thx again!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #113 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 2:59am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Sep 9th, 2014 at 1:45am:
Think I'd be ok with a +72 To-Hit w/GH, +68 w/o GH?

Yea. If you have anything else to boost it use it. 72 should be enough for most of the game. You may get some grazing hits against some Storm Horns melee mobs.

Rage pot gives +1, Store pot, Amrath pot, Primal Scream, there is a lot of to hit bonuses in game now that are easy to use.
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2014 at 3:01am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #114 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 4:14am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 9th, 2014 at 2:59am:
Yea. If you have anything else to boost it use it. 72 should be enough for most of the game. You may get some grazing hits against some Storm Horns melee mobs.

Rage pot gives +1, Store pot, Amrath pot, Primal Scream, there is a lot of to hit bonuses in game now that are easy to use.

Seal of house Avithol (or the dragon mask) is a big help for struggling low to hit stat toons. The improved deception combined with the 3bc buckler (daze effect on crit) will allow you to benefit from the SA to hit (as well as damage) for the large majority of the time.

Battering barrage (tier 4 swashbuckler) gives you improved destruction, while it's not as fast in lowering ac and fort as it used to be (now has 1 sec cd) it still helps and of course lowering fort is a good ability to have.

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #115 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
SWF 16 bard 2 rogue 2 FVS

running this one now on Khyber.

Divine might, STR based, full UMD, DD, Open lock, evasion...

Perform in the 90s

running legendary, with the HANDAXE benefits.  increased crit multiplier.

my thunderforged handaxe (with sense weakness twisted) is doing 8k+ damage on vorpols while blitzed.

Divine might + tensers + Scream + Skaldic rage = 90+ str on completionist with +5 tome.

all saves decent except will.  low 50s will save.

this toon is extremely DPS heavy, good CC, all traps and doors...  loving this one.

Human for the extra feat (completionist) not using Shield line.  empty handed Bitch-Slap stun is much more effective than the low blow (stuns undead, elementals, you name it) and makes coup-de-grace much better.

while blitzing and fully buffed, to-hit is over +100.  never eveer miss on a coup again.

Stupid fun.  try it out.

Me

IP Logged

Oyster
Korthos Resident

I Love Oysters!

Reply #116 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Why handaxe over light pick? Does Headman's Chop give you more damage overall?

I think I'd go for pick next update where LD is less OP and Divine Crusader looks better.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #117 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Few screen shots of my rogue swashbuckler build. Will be going back to this build in few lives because I enjoyed it a lot and with stalwart and prr/mrr changes it gets buffed more than the 13/5/2 split I had prior.

Dex based, Improved Defensive Roll, Stalwart Stance, Hand Axe in LD with Admiral Tiller. Couple things missing from lama gear layout and past lives. It is a 36 point build on lam. On live my prr will be 18 points higher, HP increases from GSteel hp item and primal lives by 80, Only con +8 in screen shot, and saves will be 6 to 10 points higher depending on if I equip Parry 4 and GSteel 3. Also have brace epic past life x3.

Edit:
Did some more playing around with enhancement trees and gear. With a +10 con item, 45 GSteel cloak, 3 Primal epic lives, tier 4 greater stalwart for +6 con, Tenser's, Primal, Ship Buff, Pot +2. I can hit 1500 HP on live. I would have to drop Second Skin and Thread The Needle, but would still maintain the 80 reflex with Parry 4 or GSteel 3 + Brace past life x3.
« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2014 at 11:52pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #118 - Sep 15th, 2014 at 8:22am
Print Post  
Anyone got a shadar kai swash build?
Want to do bard pl with shadar kai.

IP Logged

Zaphear
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #119 - Sep 15th, 2014 at 8:25am
Print Post  
ElGuapo wrote on Sep 10th, 2014 at 7:02pm:
SWF 16 bard 2 rogue 2 FVS

Love this build, posted it on the forums right when Swashys came out.

However, after playing with it I'd probably do 12 bard 6 fighter 2 FvS and just say Fuck Evasion with the upcoming changes.

I think the Dex or even Cha based builds are all rather "fluffy" though.. lacking melee DPS kills the bard imo and you can't get anything as high as you can get Strength.
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2014 at 8:26am by Zaphear »  

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #120 - Sep 15th, 2014 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Still getting back into the game and trying to understand combos.

Why 2 FvS? Is that Divine might alone? The wiki does not seem to have it listed, cant you get a str bonus from a different source? You seem to give up trapping, umd and evasion. (mine is a 12/6/2 bard/fighter/rogue)

IP Logged

Oyster
Korthos Resident

I Love Oysters!

Reply #121 - Sep 15th, 2014 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Zaphear wrote on Sep 15th, 2014 at 8:25am:
However, after playing with it I'd probably do 12 bard 6 fighter 2 FvS and just say Fuck Evasion with the upcoming changes.

I think the Dex or even Cha based builds are all rather "fluffy" though.. lacking melee DPS kills the bard imo and you can't get anything as high as you can get Strength.

Well... first of all you can't Fuck Evasion as a swashbuckler, because you can't wear Medium/Heavy armor or Heavy/Tower shields, and as such your MRR will never be good enough to ignore spell damage like Evasion allows you to.

Secondly, I don't quite understand why do you think that no stat can reach STR level. DEX and CON (for dwarves) can be higher (before buffs and ED) than STR just because there's Eidolon necklace that gives you insightful +4, which is currently unreachable for other stats. Also, one of your deep Enhancement trees will be Swashbuckler that only offers DEX/CHA stat as options; racials give approx. same amount of stat if you min/max for them. Tenser's give you +4 to DEX and CON too. Thus the only advantage of STR is Rage spell, which is meager +2 Morale boost, but without Bard 15+ you lose +2 to all stats song.

True that 2 best Swashbuckler destinies (LD and DC) don't give DEX, but you can get either CON or CHA in them, making handaxe-wielding Dwarf or rapier-wielding Drow reaching at least similar numbers as STR-based Half-Orc, while also having an option to get extra damage/hit for finessable weapons from racial trees. But overall, it's not really feasible to get more than +4 stat from destinies (not for melee anyway, you generally don't want to pass T5/6 slots), which translates in just 2 damage per hit; Elf/Drow/Dwarf racials compensate for that nicely.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #122 - Sep 15th, 2014 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Oyster wrote on Sep 15th, 2014 at 11:44am:
Well... first of all you can't Fuck Evasion as a swashbuckler, because you can't wear Medium/Heavy armor or Heavy/Tower shields, and as such your MRR will never be good enough to ignore spell damage like Evasion allows you to

That and swashbuckler stance needs robe or light only. On lama currently my dex rogue swash in the screenshot above is at 75 mrr and 142 prr in light shadowscale.

Oyster wrote on Sep 15th, 2014 at 11:44am:
why do you think that no stat can reach STR level

Divine Might mostly, Primal Scream, and if 12ftr Power Surge.

IP Logged

Zaphear
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #123 - Sep 15th, 2014 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
You're delusional and/or not playing the same game as me if you can't get Str astronomically higher than Cha/Con/Dex.. without gimping yourself.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #124 - Sep 15th, 2014 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Zaphear wrote on Sep 15th, 2014 at 4:18pm:
get Str astronomically higher than Cha/Con/Dex

On the bard based sawsh builds your str boosts are limited to divine might, scaldic, and titan grip. So mid to high 70s not including buffs that also boost con/dex. After Primal, tenser's, pot, ship, bard song and ED you can hit 90s.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint