Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) So...Swashbuckler (Read 61205 times)
harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: So...Swashbuckler
Reply #75 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
In Eth's video what is he using to stun that stuff? Is that on the buckler? Is he getting Sap to AoE somehow?

Sorry I haven't melee'd in like 10 updates.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 1:38pm:
In Eth's video what is he using to stun that stuff? Is that on the buckler? Is he getting Sap to AoE somehow?

Sorry I haven't melee'd in like 10 updates.

Guardbreaking. it is on the buckler from E3BC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=028hCEzYbwo&t=9m30s
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2014 at 3:52pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #77 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
It is knockdown on shield vorpal from Stalwart Core.

Also Eth says that he has Finesse in that vid and that Dex to dmg doesn't work for throwers.
And that shield looks really stupid.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #78 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 6:55pm:
It is knockdown on shield vorpal from Stalwart Core.

Incorrect.

see the buckler. gaurdbreaking dazes mobs on crits, so aoe crits= aoe dazes
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2014 at 7:06pm by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #79 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Well it's either one of those things Smiley
Coup de grace after Daze or knockdown in any case.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #80 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 7:08pm:
Well it's either one of those things Smiley
Coup de grace after Daze or knockdown in any case.

there is also another cc ability but it is activated melee attack that knocks them down for 1 sec. op bards are op ;p

IP Logged

FM
Dragon Raider

Reply #81 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 6:55pm:
Also Eth says that he has Finesse in that vid and that Dex to dmg doesn't work for throwers.

Yup. As of this last build, you have to be a Halfling if you want dex to damage on shurikens for Swashbuckler.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #82 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 1:36pm:
swashbuckler is looking awesome.

Neil pointed out to me today that the 6 fighter builds are taking tier 3 and 4 defender tree

Tier 3 Greater Stalwart Defense:  for the 20% HP.

At tier 4 get the + 6 con

Defensive roll at 600-700 hp? Yes pls!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #83 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 7:15pm:
there is also another cc ability but it is activated melee attack that knocks them down for 1 sec. op bards are op ;p

And yet another knockdown chance with a built in chance to Knockdown on miss guard.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #84 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 7:21pm:
Neil pointed out to me today that the 6 fighter builds are taking tier 3 and 4 defender tree

did you somehow miss that I did that in the previous page?

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #85 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 8:00pm:
did you somehow miss that I did that in the previous page?

yes, yes i did. lol.

Defensive roll at 9. I would have to go 9rog/6ftr/5bard

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #86 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 8:07pm:
Defensive roll at 9. I would have to go 9rog/6ftr/5bard

I know, I really did consider it, but at the end of the day I decided displace costs a lot less AP for a more consistant defensive benefit.

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #87 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Don't you need 10 rogue levels for special roguey feats ?

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #88 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 8:39pm:

Yeah 10/13/16/19, but don't burst his bubble yet.  I wanted him to realise on his own it's impossible to get t5 swashbuckler, defender stance and defensive roll.
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2014 at 8:51pm by Munkenmo »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #89 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 8:39pm:

Yes didnt want to see that ;p impossible to be tier 5 swashbuckler, defensive roll, and defender stance.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #90 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 8:51pm:
Yes didnt want to see that ;p impossible to be tier 5 swashbuckler, defensive roll, and defender stance.

So how's 7rogue/7bard/6fighter looking?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #91 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 8:52pm:
So how's 7rogue/7bard/6fighter looking?

LOl, i like your style

You cant defensive roll with 7 rogue. I wantz it !  10 rog/6ftr/3brd could but loses eploit weakness, and coup de grac/

Has anyone tested the crit ranges on a dummy to see if they were coded properly for handaxe and rapiers? Neil told me he has tested Rapiers and was getting 15-20 w thunderforged  rapier in LD

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #92 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 9:12pm:
Has anyone tested the crit ranges on a dummy to see if they were coded properly for handaxe and rapiers?

I haven't, I downloaded Lam, but every time I try to run the game, after the launcher disappears it takes about 2mins to load the game client, then I get an error saying the log in server is full.

It's installed on an SSD and I've tried using the pre-launcher, so no idea what remedies there are.

I'm relying on theory crafting cause I can't be fucked downloading the lam client again.

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #93 - Jun 7th, 2014 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Since the char I would make this with has a few displacement clickies already, I am now thinking 13Rogue/5Bard/2Barb.  Ear smash.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #94 - Jun 7th, 2014 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Trollero wrote on Jun 7th, 2014 at 2:24pm:
Since the char I would make this with has a few displacement clickies already, I am now thinking 13Rogue/5Bard/2Barb.  Ear smash.

I thought about ear smash, 10% speed, and sprint boosts. Ultimately I think 2 fighter levels for the feats offers more. Low Blow can combo with Coup de Grace. And The E3BC buckler dazes on crits. I am leaning towards giving up Sap feat as I dont think it will be needed with Low Blow, and Dazing criticals.

Quote:
Low Blow: While Swashbuckling and wielding a Buckler in your off hand, activate to perform a shield bash with +2 Critical Threat Range and Multiplier. On hit, knock down affected enemy for one second (Perform + d20 saves for the Knockdown). Costs 10 Spell Points.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #95 - Jun 11th, 2014 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Apparently Swahbuckler DOES NOT get Dex to attack.

IP Logged

froggy
Stormreaver Piker

LUDICROUS SPEED GO!!!!!!!

Reply #96 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 12:45am
Print Post  
FlameDragon wrote on May 20th, 2014 at 12:09am:
The most advantage of 16bard should be 'Otto's Irresistible Dance' spell which is the ability to control mob and let bard make dps safely. Such as when meeting a crowd of mob, fascinate them all firstly and then make 'Otto's Irresistible Dance'+dps those mobs one by one.

I think 16bard/2ftr/2rog will be classic build for Swashbuckler.

This isnt a sound idea since you can just use fascinate then the tier 5 bard thingy that instakills them if they save a fortsave=d20+perform skill

We kill the batman.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #97 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
I updated my 13 rogue/ 5 bard/ 2 fighter  build posted here;

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1400533305/72#72

Fixed Feats, character sheet, and enhancement trees.

So far it's been fun. Something different and new.

I can sing, and insta kill with 78 perfom DC. DPS is good. Saves are decent. Will is a problem to get to over 50s., Fort can break 60s, and reflex can reach mid 80s. Stuns are bothersome, and disco balls are ugly.

It is not higher dps than a wolf with 2wf, but I need something else to do for a while. Figured I'd go get a bard life next with the 12 6 2 build.
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2014 at 8:11pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #98 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Anyone care to update their builds or thoughts taking into consideration any Swashbuckler changes made by Turbine since the end of June?
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2014 at 6:02pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #99 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Sep 6th, 2014 at 5:05pm:
Anyone care to update their builds or thoughts taking into consideration any Swashbuckler changes made by Turbine since the end of June?

The rogue build I posted now gets to use Improved Defensive Roll, and Stalwart tier 3+ Stance. 12 rogue for Kip Up and Def roll, 5 bard for swash tier 5, and 3 ftr for stance and greater stalwart 20% hp.

I couldnt test it because Turbine screwed up the stance and bugged it back to level 6.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint