Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Druid with swf (Read 79134 times)
Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Druid with swf
Jul 10th, 2014 at 8:50am
Print Post  
Posting here as well, just a copy past from mother forums.
/sorry k forgot you would rather check here

Animal form code is so messed up and they can't fix it build

I wont post any specifics or whatever, nor my maxed stats nor maximum damage nor speed runs, nor max hp, nothing.
Purely split and some ap pointers, its up to the people who look this up to figure the rest on their own.
Doing this mainly since i got many requests from people to do so.
Those that partied with me will know how this build plays in groups/how good/bad it is.
So have fun and good luck.

Build is rather simple, while ranger still offers ability to bypass swf/2weapon fight lockout it will utilize that bypass to get ahold of the combat speed bonus for wolf builds making it superb dps, when i say superb im talking about a build that can straight out outkill a 10 stacks blitzer while in destenies like shadowdancer or magister since it is helpless/mortal fear focused.

Basically its 6 monk 6 ranger 8 druid.
Max points in str, spread rest of points between con wisdom and dex for greater 2 weapon fight.
6 monk for shadow fade/stance/dodge cap increase 3 feats.
6 ranger for improved 2 weapon fight/manyshot which you wont ever use, some enchn from tempest some from deepwood, massive pos spp
8 druid for winter wolf form, fatall harrier.
Race is human since you will lack feats.
Feats i took was in this order,
lv 1 human /quicken/emp heal
Lv 2 monk patack
lv 3 monk single weapon fight, lv 3 feat cleave
from now til 20, just make sure to keep leveling to get enough bab at 15-18 for greater swf and greater 2 weapon fight
6 gcleave
9 imp swf
12 imp criti blud
15 greater 2 weapon fight
18 greater swf fight
21 master stance
24 oc crit
26 perfect 2 weapon fight
28 holy strikes

lv 27 feat depends on what you have acces to, options are many and depend on what you take for last monk feat, for example deflect arrows and upgrade it via tempest, cexpertise if you have plenty twist slots and want workable ac in ee content with massive prr but know how to survive with a 60 sec cd vigor /hint pots scrolls, yes more then enough for any ee content/,
toughnes so that you can take epic toughnes at 27, option also is stunning fist since it works while centerd in wolf form.
I usually took cexpertise or delfect arrows as monk feat and at 27 completionist.

Also keep in mind, this is a build that abuses the ranger bypass lockout for swf fight, but it wont fall off once they fix that since you will still get 10% from monk 10% from ranger tempest and 20% from core from ranger to a total of 60% off hand strike.
Ap wise, damage boost and 10 amp from human, after that there are many setups you can play with.
Must haves are killer from deepwood stalker fatal harrier from natures warrior and shadow fade from ninja spy to utilize dps and defense.
I usualy took prr upgraded and offstrike from shintao and 10% off strike from tempest.

How does it play?
Its a build that totaly utilizes proc power from balancing attacks from primal t3 that gives your enemy helpless state on rolled 20s.
As you have 30% natural speed that raises up to 55% att speed when fatal harried and quite nice dstrike with items/killer action boost your attack rate and proc rate of helpless state is amazingly huge /you will proc it once per ee mob and they wont survive long when you are endgeared since build will utilize mortal fear to best a melle can utilize it/

I played with this for couple weeks, but i felt so dirty and everything in party beside me felt like a scaler, and being able to run any ee flawlessly didnt give much fun to me, its a build that will turn you into a elitist willing or no so play it at your own risk.
For people that want to utilize maximum efficiency and that felt that cetus/zeus etc felt like low dps, i suggest you try this.
For twists only must haves are cocoon and balancing, everything else depends on you as player /you could drop cocoon as well/.
I went with gmaster t4 15 prr twist and a dance of flowers, including those 2 i mentioned before to achieve around 140-160 prr /depending in setup and plifes it might be lower for you.
Couple things to note, i soloed most quests on ee that i had will to do so, you can do wgu/breaking/dev assault, whatever your heart wants, since i managed and im not a amazing player, a better player with enough will could make this build leader of all melle speed runs in achivment board, why i didnt attempt is simple, i dont care about virtual acomplishment unless if it offers some kind reward.

Couple tricks im willing to share, you can use absorb sentinel twist and divine plife as wolf without breaking attack sequence,
you can use wolf strikes to charge blitz,
monk finishers are useful.

I trd to sorc now so only screenie i have where you can somehow see gear layout and bars etc is this one:
http://postimg.org/image/vim1ayr7v/

Hp goes higher when in raids, prr was around 140 in that setup, saves are pitfull but with divine ep plife/scrolls/absorb cloacks its not a issue. Its a melle that has v nice damage mitigation 110-150ish ac /depends on gear setup and no loss in dps whatsover.
Playable in any destiny but excels in dreadnought and d crusader.
Gear wise could drop robe /i liked the clickie personaly/ for epic red dragon for flaming damage or flawless white for more ac
/players choice what he prefers.

Anyways enjoy, and if soemeone got a proper name feel free to name it as idc alrdy trd out of it. To the question why tr, answer is simple, i dont like doing arcane plifes in a build that doesnt cast mass hold.

(addition, once they fix the lockout i would prolly keep ranger monk druid but swap levels to more druid aka 6 monk 4 ranger /enough for the offstrike and rest druid so it would end up as 10 druid 6 monk 4 ranger split so you could also focus on picking up a natural fight or 2, having high off strke while keeping att speed from swf is key to super dps and i can clearly state this is highest melle dps build atm in ddo
- yes i have t3 and i played as tempest build, yes i have esos, yes i have sireth, yes i tried a swa bard on lama, yes this thing still beats all those builds and dont forget if you want you can use the thrower thing to dominate, but i didnt use it since there is apsolutely no need, simply put you need to taste mortal fear/balancing strikes with this build and youl know what im talking about)

« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2014 at 9:09am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Druid with swf
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
We planned a few of these for my guildies. But different splits.

Im in need of ranger life so it will be 9 ranger 9 druid 2 fighter. My guildie is going 15 druid 3 monk 2 ranger. Both splits fit in natural fighting, but give up OC and Master Stance.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

barcelot
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Thanks for post lelouch,

I have been pretty surprised that this is only being posted about now, but since we are talking about it now...

Just one day after swashbuckler and SWF dropped I saw player from a old guild of mine running around as wolf in the fire dragons raid, which really struck me as odd. This guy is all meta builds, total min max freak, so it got me thinking quickly, as soon as I was out of the raid I made some iconic lv 15 testers and couldn't believe it all stacked, nuts absolutely nuts. like a furrry Cuisinart running around.

If they do anything to SWF I would think this performance boost will prompt it way before Cetus's whining will.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #3 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
This is all old news, but I'm glad to know the theory crafting we did in your last thread worked out.
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2014 at 6:54pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #4 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Aye i took all theory crafting and did around 5 etrs on that build, now that im done with divine and martial sphere trd to sorc to finish off arcane.
I got couple screenies but no need to post since its basically a utterly broken build.
Solo wgu ee, breaking dev assault, all under "top achivements times" without any use of exploits /beside the fact taht bypass of 2 weapon might be considerd exploit, didnt want to post on mother forums since as i said alrdy, no need to brag about a build that is utterly broken and there is no reward for me in there beside the time i would lose to argue with cetus wizza and company about credibility of times.
At 28 you just wrack enemies /bosses whatever, takes experience tho to keep yourself alive. Thats about only issue but easily solved with card pots/high prr/ac/cocoon/vigor/cure ser.
It took me several runs of ee wyrm and peaks to prove to people that this is best melle you can do now and that it can solo handle trash. Amazing thing that i loved on it is, even when partying with a endagame necro wizz or sorc, you will get your blitz up and runing.

Testing atm silly things on lama, like a air savant bard combo to see if you can do anything useful with sonic spells
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2014 at 7:04pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #5 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
I just haven't gotten around to doing a wolf form swf yet, but yeah I tested this last lama patch and it's ridiculous.
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2014 at 7:04pm by rest »  

IP Logged

barcelot
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jul 10th, 2014 at 6:54pm:
Blah blah blah monkcher blah blah monkcher blah balh make a cookie cutter blah blah.

You will all have to try and forgive Munkenmo, he panics if a build thread does not have his "invaluable" contributions and he is always quick to try to make it about his views. 

Notice he needs to act like other peoples ideas are all "old news" because he is so clever (in his own mind) and that we should be thinking about him instead.

You should start a bowling league with Cetus you stupid jackass.

IP Logged

barcelot
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jul 10th, 2014 at 7:01pm:
Testing atm silly things on lama, like a air savant bard combo to see if you can do anything useful with sonic spells

Whoa that last bit piqued my interest man, I love bards, but I worry that the pendulum will swing back to far and in a couple months everything will get the nerf bat, but man some of the new possibilities look sweet. When I read the most recent lam notes with bards I started to think about my toon with all his sorc, and wiz lives done...

But really, I tend to never go to Lama, I worry I will fall in love with some build and that it will just be negated before it goes live.

That way I just fall in love with builds live and only get heartbroken once.

IP Logged

barcelot
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
That same day I create a test bladeforge Ft/Mk/Dr  running around gianthold with just a long sword, not in animal form just breaking the animation with attack speed and double strike and almost no gear to speak of.

Funny just not my taste, but scary stuff.
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2014 at 7:14pm by »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #9 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Since it takes em forever to balance things they release the big  winners with such builds are usually the ones that play em first.
I have yet to see in ddo hirstory 1 time where they actually put out something balanced or smthn broken and that they nerfed in the next week.

Best example is qpalm, cant explain how much fun i had back then with 94 dc on qpalm practicaly shitting on pmasters in horns.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jul 10th, 2014 at 7:24pm:
Best example is qpalm, cant explain how much fun i had back then with 94 dc on qpalm practicaly shitting on pmasters in horns.

94? How? Highest was like mid 80s.

Quote:
forgive Munkenmo

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1399895920

We all actually had these discussions in that thread while back. Munk was and continues to be great help in regards to builds. He even takes his time to build on request  for people he doesnt even know.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #11 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
94 is bullshit leDouche 

I am wishing though I could get a fbs splash go divine might Sad

IP Logged

barcelot
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jul 10th, 2014 at 7:24pm:
Since it takes em forever to balance things they release the big  winners with such builds are usually the ones that play em first.
I have yet to see in ddo hirstory 1 time where they actually put out something balanced or smthn broken and that they nerfed in the next week.

Oh I know one, beguile! that was sooooo sweet at first.

IP Logged

barcelot
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 10th, 2014 at 7:34pm:
We all actually had these discussions in that thread while back. Munk was and continues to be great help in regards to builds. He even takes his time to build on request  for people he doesnt even know.

Sorry to disagree with you Rubbins, last thing I want is a beef about something this small,  But I think he is absolute dickhead  who just retreads the same stuff again and again, but in the interest of peace I will leave it at that.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #14 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
I made a test when they changed the pdk char to add dc to tacticals.
Max non sustained with all things i could imagine was 103 qplam dc, 94 (or 93? no idea was long ago was above 92 tho)  was on a pdk monk that i played with on live
/char wisdom based build that majorly sucked vs bosses with a sunder ss.
Well dps wasnt that horrible but it came mainly from trip neg debuff coupled with tod spam with nice dstrike score /but it still sucked, i mean i could solo most stuff but i didnt like boss fights.

I had a write up for a friend on some unknown forums on whole breakdown, to show him how much you could get, but alas i reinstaled my explorer and didnt keep the bookmark.
I didnt really like to share it with community and didnt dwell on vault back then. I usualy dont like to share most of my builds/ideas.
But its impossible now, was possible during time when pdk thingie worked and qpalm was affected by all that junk until tards like teh troll kept spaming threads to nerf monks, what happend in the end and forced me to tr out of the 1 punch build
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2014 at 8:09pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #15 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
I am finding fighter splash better than monk. Evasion at ranger 9.  Certainly helps

To bad the raid orbs are metal

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #16 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jul 10th, 2014 at 7:53pm:
I had a write up for a friend on some unknown forums on whole breakdown, to show him how much you could get, but alas i reinstaled my explorer and didnt keep the bookmark.

This is a little outdated, but it should help.

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1380564888/133#133

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Sorry to disagree with you Rubbins, last thing I want is a beef about something this small,  But I think he is absolute dickhead  who just retreads the same stuff again and again, but in the interest of peace I will leave it at that.

no need to be sorry. hey this forum is all about the drama. start a thread on it!

Lelouch wrote on Jul 10th, 2014 at 7:53pm:
pdk char to add dc to tacticals

jesus man.. charisma score 50 and wisdom 60? Shatan's PDK tactic wolf build was fun one. i did that b4 the qp nerf. shout out to him for that one

Got my build layouts done. Thinking something like:

1 Fighter, Cleave, Power Attack, SWF
2 Druid,
3 Druid, Empower Heal
4 Druid,
5 Druid,
6 Ranger, Great Cleave- maybe idk
7 Ranger,
8 Druid,
9 Druid, ISWF
10 Druid,
11 Druid,
12 Druid, Imp Cri Bldg
13 Ranger,
14 Ranger,
15 Ranger, GSWF
16 Ranger,
17 Fighter, G2WF
18 Ranger, Nat Fighting
19 Ranger,
20 Ranger,
epic, Nat Fighting
epic,
epic,
epic, Nat Fighting
epic,
epic, P2WF
epic, OC- maybe
epic, First Blood
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2014 at 8:12pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #18 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jul 10th, 2014 at 8:10pm:
This is a little outdated, but it should help.

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1380564888/133#133

Cool calcs, i dont remember where i got couple points more / really cant remember but was over 100, think it had smthn to do with a 11 char item and acboost and twist making the score even and something else that i feel is overlooked here, think i used alchemical 3 pots in my calcs as well.
/but point is it was possible during that time
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2014 at 8:18pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

barcelot
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
And here is some gravy for Bear fans,  finally a way to make a Dire Bear attack at a decent speed.

To bad they are such a pain in the butt to fight around, you can't see shit.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #20 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Oh 1 more thing i tested is tree from from primal /all know how op that was, right?/

I hoped swf would aply to form as well, but sadly it doesnt

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #21 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You will all have to try and forgive Munkenmo, he panics if a build thread does not have his "invaluable" contributions and he is always quick to try to make it about his views.

Notice he needs to act like other peoples ideas are all "old news" because he is so clever (in his own mind) and that we should be thinking about him instead.

You should start a bowling league with Cetus you stupid jackass.

I didn't realize I was coming across like this. This particular build was hashed out in a thread started by lelouche though, so to me, and I would have assumed to him it's old news.

As I don't play anymore, I am glad to know the theory crafting worked out to be as op as I'd imagined.

I do spend quite a lot of time on builds, scouting round forums and the wiki to try work out what's working, what's bugged etc. It's getting harder to keep on top of things since I've quit and I can get antsy when I think people are wasting my time or trolling me, as I did to you in your barcher thread.

Anyway, I'm sorry you feel that way, I always intended to stop posting about builds when I thought my contribution is no longer valid, I just didn't think that time was coming close already.

IP Logged

barcelot
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jul 10th, 2014 at 8:21pm:
I didn't realize I was coming across like this. This particular build was hashed out in a thread started by lelouche though, so to me, and I would have assumed to him it's old news.

As I don't play anymore, I am glad to know the theory crafting worked out to be as op as I'd imagined.

I do spend quite a lot of time on builds, scouting round forums and the wiki to try work out what's working, what's bugged etc. It's getting harder to keep on top of things since I've quit and I can get antsy when I think people are wasting my time or trolling me, as I did to you in your barcher thread.

Anyway, I'm sorry you feel that way, I always intended to stop posting about builds when I thought my contribution is no longer valid, I just didn't think that time was coming close already.

Dude, I said I would let it drop in my post in response to Rubbins, so don't try to passive aggressive troll like a bitch alright? just leave it alone and get back to the thread.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jul 10th, 2014 at 8:21pm:
Oh 1 more thing i tested is tree from from primal /all know how op that was, right?/

I hoped swf would aply to form as well, but sadly it doesnt

i tried this few weeks ago soon as i hit lv20 on my swashbuckler. was really hoping i could since tree form also glitches your weapons

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #24 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jul 10th, 2014 at 8:21pm:

Honestly, i just posted what we worked on after playing it on live for a period of time.
It is exactly as we thought it would be, and to make sure.
Munk was right with his post on this being a old discusion in that thread we talked about it.
He, like me /assuming this/ has more fun playing around with building builds then actually playing em.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Send TopicPrint