Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) New swf wolfie (Read 82570 times)
kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Re: New swf wolfie
Reply #150 - Mar 27th, 2015 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Don't worry, I'm sure they'll correct it for you soon enough to drive up heart sales!

Edit: SWF Wolf, obvs. New page hell.
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2015 at 9:29am by kum-gulp »  

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #151 - Mar 27th, 2015 at 11:46am
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on Mar 26th, 2015 at 10:34pm:
now that I did it doggy style?

Once you go pack you never go back.

Nice.

Cheesy

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #152 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 12:12am
Print Post  
Im just midway on my first epic level grind and I tried the test server today.

I can, on live, power my way solo through EE if i go slowly with my middling gear, but on Lam my ass is being handed to me.

I dont see my attack power going down that much, but im getting hit a lot harder and not able to keep up with healing.

Is this just me with my gear and inexperience, does the build need changed up, or does this reflect what others are seeing on there as well and basically mean this is dead?

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #153 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 5:37am
Print Post  
Fail wrote on Apr 1st, 2015 at 12:12am:

I can, on live, power my way solo through EE if i go slowly with my middling gear, but on Lam my ass is being handed to me.

I dont see my attack power going down that much, but im getting hit a lot harder and not able to keep up with healing.

Is this just me with my gear and inexperience, does the build need changed up, or does this reflect what others are seeing on there as well and basically mean this is dead?

Still the same, but temple has some annoying mechanics and its in unfinished form atm (if you were tehre).

Good example is archers, they really pown and do more overall dps then melles.
So now its like this: Archers, casters, melle heh.

But god knows what they will give you guys on live servers on tuesday.
Sadly i have no time in rl for next 4-6 months to even log into ddo.
Some will be happy as my forum activity will drop
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2015 at 2:40am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #154 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 1:55am
Print Post  
Fail wrote on Apr 1st, 2015 at 12:12am:

I was wondering if the melee power tweaks would affect the style stacking in wolf form, but I haven't had a chance to get on Lam.

Were you getting full offhand attacks?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #155 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
That was my first visit to test server and no guild (have no idea where attack dummies are) but I will go on again and see.

I didnt notice a "feel" in the change of gameplay as regards to damaging, but I didnt look at the combat window in any detail either, so im not certain about off hand.

I did notice that attacks came through a lot more, my health went down faster, and I had to heal to the point that my sp became a problem.

I levelled up to 28, put on a full TF weapon, and flawless shdow dragon plate, but the case remained the same in ee - all ee, including going back to estar and doing quests I am very familiar with.

It's just squishier, and I'm talking melee damage, not even spell damage or dots.
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2015 at 2:34pm by Fail »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #156 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Fail wrote on Apr 2nd, 2015 at 2:32pm:
That was my first visit to test server and no guild (have no idea where attack dummies are) but I will go on again and see.

I didnt notice a "feel" in the change of gameplay as regards to damaging, but I didnt look at the combat window in any detail either, so im not certain about off hand.

I did notice that attacks came through a lot more, my health went down faster, and I had to heal to the point that my sp became a problem.

I levelled up to 28, put on a full TF weapon, and flawless shdow dragon plate, but the case remained the same in ee - all ee, including going back to estar and doing quests I am very familiar with.

It's just squishier, and I'm talking melee damage, not even spell damage or dots.

Well the PRR is supposed to be a bit lower...but it shouldn't be that low. Maybe heavy armor PRR isn't applying at all in animal form? I wonder how much damage you would take getting hit out of form.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #157 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
I didnt have a chance to test tonight, but I did discover theres a part of this build I overlooked and still cant figure out:

It's stated that twisting sense weakness in should be done, but either I'm overlooking something basicly in front of my nose, or theres something I'm missing; how do we consistently apply helplessness to mobs to proc sense weakness?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #158 - Apr 3rd, 2015 at 12:09am
Print Post  
Fail wrote on Apr 2nd, 2015 at 11:14pm:
I didnt have a chance to test tonight, but I did discover theres a part of this build I overlooked and still cant figure out:

It's stated that twisting sense weakness in should be done, but either I'm overlooking something basicly in front of my nose, or theres something I'm missing; how do we consistently apply helplessness to mobs to proc sense weakness?

Twist Balanced Attacks as well.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #159 - Apr 3rd, 2015 at 12:45am
Print Post  
Thats why - out of test server I havent gotten enough epic exp for a 3rd twist slot yet.

Thank you for clearing that up - cant believe I overlooked it.

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #160 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
I went back on and hit test server, took a few sceenshots of the combat log, ill edit and post later today - im not seeing anything stating offhand attacks - is it noted as such on the log or not?

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #161 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Fail wrote on Apr 4th, 2015 at 3:24pm:
is it noted as such on the log or not

no.

easiest way to check, set your double strike to 0.

if you attack the training dummy once and still see 2 hits, you're getting off hand attacks.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #162 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
I did a LR, dropped all natural fighting feats and then equipped a dagger and tried this.

Showed two hits on occassion with 0% doublestrike chance.
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2015 at 7:19pm by Fail »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #163 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Fail wrote on Apr 4th, 2015 at 6:29pm:
How do i do this when im getting 12% doublestrike just from being in wolf form - do i need to drop my natural fighting feats to check this?

In that case, be on the look out for 3 attacks per hit:

1 - on hand
2 - off hand (although with animal forms it's a second on hand hit)
3 - double strike.

Fwiw though, you don't need to test it, there have been no changes to the animal form mechanics.

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #164 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
I had to follow through since I posted. edited above to show I did an LR and still got 2 strikes on occasion, but not all the time with just a dagger equipped.

I am concerned about the weapon feat adjustments made - could those be the reason why I'm going down so hard in ee?  Maybe Im just not hitting hard enough to take them down in time or cc them before they can rip me apart?
« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2015 at 2:36pm by Fail »  

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #165 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
If I continue to have issues prior to making it to the end with this build (all 3 twists, level 28), what would be the thoughts on taking the bleed attack and mixing it in on bosses at least for the 200% bonus damage and dot?

Would the attack sequence slow down enough to make this not worth doing?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #166 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
Fail wrote on Apr 6th, 2015 at 6:30pm:
If I continue to have issues prior to making it to the end with this build (all 3 twists, level 28), what would be the thoughts on taking the bleed attack and mixing it in on bosses at least for the 200% bonus damage and dot?

You never want to break the attack animation in this build. I've never even bothered trying the bleed attack.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #167 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
Fail wrote on Apr 6th, 2015 at 6:30pm:

what are your issues? Build split, gear, past lives, destiny, fate points and feats would help with understanding what youre playing. Could you give us a breakdown please
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2015 at 10:24pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #168 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
Im new - brand freaking new to ddo.

This is my first character, "saved" by the 20 LR they sold recently and made into this amazing build.

So, no past lives, no boc/boa raid gear - just using a great build to get buy atm.

I am currently on live a human, at lvl 25, 5 levels of dreadnaught, bought the tp item to jump in and start on primal avatar and im at like 3 levels in that.

I have one twist open and used it for cocoon (play in dreadnaught when im doing something important).

I have a T1 TF weapon with 1st degree and slotted with the mabar level draining gem, wearing heavy black dragonscale until i can put on the tf shadowscale i made (T1 of course).

Running with the orb that gives devotion from the estar-quest in offhand and following the build here pretty much verbatim - power attack on at all times.

I constantly watch the auction and buy whatever I can get my hands on - atm, on live prior to toee patch, I had roughly 50ish physical and magical damage reduction (100 in the big numbers without looking at stats).

I have roughly mid 40ish on all saves, and 40% on ac rollover.

Little less than 800 health in wolf form buffed and 750ish in sp.

I obviously cant just red alert and gib EE mobs like op, but on live I was able to slowly grind my way through most EE content no problem.

My concern was when I went onto the test server and tried various EE quests  I am familiar with and suddenly I was using up all my sp trying to heal myself and thus not being able to bring mobs down fast, which in return, led to my dying constantly.

I dont know if it was an effect on my ac/resists  or if my attacks had just loss sufficient power to bring mobs down fast enough to not have to worry about the healing/sp, or if the mobs just got beefed up.

I didnt have enough time to really figure it out, but something changed for the worse and maybe my being on the low edge of this build just made me see it more than someone fully developed would.

Didnt even have time to put my character at 28 with all epics and see if play changed in higher EE raid content.

I'm just looking to find anything I can do to jump back up in the game and keep on trucking until I can max the build out (28, full twists) and then grind out the proper gear.

TL;DR = I'm not sure whats wrong but it wasnt bad until I went on test server.

« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2015 at 11:28pm by Fail »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #169 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
Fail wrote on Apr 6th, 2015 at 11:26pm:
I didnt have enough time to really figure it out, but something changed for the worse and maybe my being on the low edge of this build just made me see it more than someone fully developed would.

Do you normally have ship buffs on live? Then went without on lam?

There's been a nerf to armors  PRR/MRR, it'll be a noticeable difference to your survivability, especially for people who don't have blurry items / displacement clickies yet.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #170 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Fail wrote on Apr 6th, 2015 at 11:26pm:
I had roughly 50ish physical and magical damage reduction

that seems low. If youre wearing heavy armor and have stalwart stance on then your prr should be more than 50 from just that. Another thing you can do is get combat expertise feat and then in LD get the improved combat expertise ability for another stacking 20 prr.

It will take you out of power attack or precision but the prr makes up for it if youre squishy. Get a 24-30 prr item. Epic Necro items have this as well as the easy to obtain ring that shows up on end rewards from the storm horns quest.

What feats did you take for completionist? And I dont really know what maximize is for. I wouldnt use that shit either.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #171 - Apr 7th, 2015 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Apr 6th, 2015 at 11:50pm:
Do you normally have ship buffs on live? Then went without on lam?

There's been a nerf to armors  PRR/MRR, it'll be a noticeable difference to your survivability, especially for people who don't have blurry items / displacement clickies yet.

I made a ship n got buffs just so that wouldn't be an issue. I have basic 10/20 miss chances on gear but no displacement clickers as farming shroud mats is really taking a while with crap dropping and 3 day wait downtimes (I'm sure u all know how to speed it up but I'm trudging).

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #172 - Apr 7th, 2015 at 11:26am
Print Post  
And Nubbins, I tried swapping out power attacks on test server at first but Fred was broken and forgot during lr.  I'm hearing he's still broken on live now, so can't do that yet.

I'll Google and see if I can focus on gear you suggest. Will post if it happens. thanks.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #173 - Apr 7th, 2015 at 11:32am
Print Post  
Fail wrote on Apr 7th, 2015 at 11:22am:
no displacement clickers as farming shroud mats is really taking a while with crap dropping and 3 day wait downtimes (I'm sure u all know how to speed it up but I'm trudging).

oh jeez. yeh, youre gonna want some or a build that can self cast. what server? someone could hook you up with timers and mats. youll still have to get the shards though.

swaashbucklers are my favorite class for new players because of haste, displace and cure spell access. Also great cc and zerg spells like invis.

your saves could be higher. get some gh scrolls for your wolf. get a a superior parrying item for another +4 to saves. look into making an eldritch ritual on one of your items for another +1 to saves. Along with stalwart stance giving +3 that would be total +12 to your saves. nothing to sneeze at goes a long way towards not getting cc'd or failing disintegrate checks.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #174 - Apr 7th, 2015 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Fail wrote on Apr 7th, 2015 at 11:26am:
And Nubbins, I tried swapping out power attacks on test server at first but Fred was broken and forgot during lr.  I'm hearing he's still broken on live now, so can't do that yet.

I'll Google and see if I can focus on gear you suggest. Will post if it happens. thanks.

you could keep power attack. what feat did you take over completionist? Also could drop maximize. do you have a devotion lore item? heal amp item?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 
Send TopicPrint