Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic OC dex build (Read 1850 times)
Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

OC dex build
Oct 7th, 2014 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Now that Overwhelming Critical has had the minimum Strength requirement removed I have been looking for a max dex build with OC.  Not having much/any luck.  What would be the best class mix.  Evasion is a must to take advantage of the Dex.  Also with the new "armor up" (your ass) improvements and Melee Power, how would a build of this type stack up to a Cetus or a good stick build (forget the name).

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Re: OC dex build
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 4:03pm:
how would a build of this type stack up to a Cetus

>implying that's a good build

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
A swasbuckler with 12 rogue /5 bard/ 3 fighter. Get stalwart stance and greater stalwart, improved defensive roll, kip up, Tier 5 swash and evasion.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #3 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
Melee power applies to sneak attack...there's got to be an even better way to abuse the hell out of that.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #4 - Oct 8th, 2014 at 1:17am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 10:41pm:
Melee power applies to sneak attack...there's got to be an even better way to abuse the hell out of that.

IDK that swash build doesn't seem too bad since it could get a stun from each of SWB, WC, and Vanguard to turn on the SA dice. And less frequently Elegant Footwork when missed and Northwind on vorpals.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Oct 8th, 2014 at 3:46am
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on Oct 8th, 2014 at 1:17am:
IDK that swash build doesn't seem too bad since it could get a stun from each of SWB, WC, and Vanguard to turn on the SA dice. And less frequently Elegant Footwork when missed and Northwind on vorpals.

AP is tight on that split to fit in swash 5, stalwart 3, acrobat 4.

The build on lama : http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1400533305/117#117

Could go 4 fighter levels netting 1 to fort and extra ftr feat, but I think 12 rogue is better for skills, 1 to all saves and +4 vs traps.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Oct 8th, 2014 at 7:04am
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 5:42pm:
>implying that's a good build

I now consider "Cetus" as the bare minimum.  No offense but if a build cannot stack up to that... re-roll.

Zeus was the other stick build.

Rogue 12 would be a nice base to start from.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint