Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic U24 FOTM will be.... (Read 11880 times)
AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

U24 FOTM will be....
Nov 17th, 2014 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Swashbarian.  Calling it now  Cheesy

IP Logged

Factor
Ex Member

Re: U24 FOTM will be....
Reply #1 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Not Barbuckler?

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
That too!

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #3 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
The real power houses are going to be caster druids after the huge unique buff elemental forms just received.
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2014 at 8:41pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #4 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
Amelio Estebarb. Dat hamp plus ameliorating strike from warpriest. Make it sun elf to take the t1 mega heal. I wonder if it gets rid of the con penalty from blood tribute? Int cores from sun elf is less awkward now that everybody is taking KtA.

I also wonder how many of those "while raged" specify barbarian rage or will work with skaldic. Two of those are tier 1 so are kind of smexy on a sploosh. A barb splooshed bard will have the fastest possible move speed right? That's enough right there for me to roll one.

U24 I might finally get around to a max DC frozen cleave build. Bleu Cheese. Barb might make it in there for supreme cleave and glancing blows so I can actually kill the trash before they un-freeze. AP probably won't allow it though.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #5 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 17th, 2014 at 8:41pm:
The real power houses are going to be caster druids after the huge unique buff elemental forms just received.

I looked at the supposed "buffs" to the elemental forms but I failed to catch anything very significant in those changes. Can you point out any that make you feel they'll be "power houses?"

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #6 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
I call dibs as well on druid casters!!
Tho it might be abused somewhat, got some ideas

(barb druids seem ok due to stacking speed of bonds, as do ranger 2 weapon figh barbs, swasch is also a option but kinda retarded, tho i can see a raged berserker handaxe giberish running around)
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2014 at 11:59pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Nov 17th, 2014 at 10:43pm:
I looked at the supposed "buffs" to the elemental forms but I failed to catch anything very significant in those changes. Can you point out any that make you feel they'll be "power houses?"

I think that was meant as sarcasm, given that the bonuses are almost a direct copy of sorcerer elemental forms ;o

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 12:02am
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on Nov 17th, 2014 at 10:26pm:
A barb splooshed bard will have the fastest possible move speed right?

15 bard, 4 ftr, 1 barb gets 35% run speed.

16 monk, 4 ftr 35% run speed.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #9 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 12:23am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Nov 17th, 2014 at 11:49pm:
I think that was meant as sarcasm, given that the bonuses are almost a direct copy of sorcerer elemental forms ;o

Ah. That makes MUCH more sense. Thanks.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #10 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 12:27am
Print Post  
I thought I was making it too obvious when I added "unique"

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #11 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 12:32am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 18th, 2014 at 12:02am:

16 monk, 4 ftr 35% run speed.

16monk/4fighter doesn't get sprint boost.

That build is probably better off as a 15monk/4paladin/1fighter anyhow.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #12 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 12:34am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 18th, 2014 at 12:32am:
16monk/4fighter doesn't get sprint boost.

That build is probably better off as a 15monk/4paladin/1fighter anyhow. 

Why not 1 ranger instead fighter?
Sprint boost stance mov speed and monk mov speed

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #13 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 12:46am
Print Post  
Personally I don't see the appeal in a Swashbarian (bare with me, I'm going on paper here, i've not been able to log into lam to test things).

First obviously swashbuckler = bard levels.
Second given the feat requirements to make the swashbuckler I want I've gotta pick up fighter levels.
Third. If I'm going fighter on a S&B build I'm sure as hell picking up tier 3 in vanguard.

Now on a SWF toon with +35% combat style bonus to attack speed... I don't really want to be breaking my attack chain for cleaves.

So, I'm left looking at a build with great single target dps that's forced to wear light armor....   Nothing in the new barb trees looks like a better match than rogue.

I can see thf and 2wf barbs gaining some survivability and some dps out of this pass. However as far as SWF characters go, I only see barb as viable, not optimal.

Imo the flavor of the month in u24 will not shift from paladins unless there are further improvements to the barb trees.
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2014 at 12:52am by Munkenmo »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #14 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 12:49am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Nov 18th, 2014 at 12:34am:
Why not 1 ranger instead fighter?
Sprint boost stance mov speed and monk mov speed

Because ever since the enhancement pass sprintboost has been a tier 2 ability on rangers / barbs.

iirc. Kensai is the only tree to get a tier 1 actionboost now, and hasteboost is a fucking awesome boost.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #15 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 1:09am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 18th, 2014 at 12:49am:
Because ever since the enhancement pass sprintboost has been a tier 2 ability on rangers / barbs.

iirc. Kensai is the only tree to get a tier 1 actionboost now, and hasteboost is a fucking awesome boost.

As i know since enchan pass you can pick sp boost from ranger with only 1 ranger level.
Bug or whatever no idea, i know im still using 1 ranger splash for sp boost /strictly on the part fastest moving build

So my guess is 15 monk for base mov speed 4 fighter for stance move and 1 ranger for sp boost
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2014 at 1:40am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 1:26am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 18th, 2014 at 12:46am:
SWF toon with +35%

It's only 30%. Haste/speed stacks for 45%. Haste boost stacks for 75%

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #17 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 1:53am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 18th, 2014 at 1:26am:
It's only 30%

Vanguard and SWF combat styles bonuses don't stack? Guess I can make do with 4 fighter then.
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2014 at 1:53am by Munkenmo »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 3:26am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 18th, 2014 at 1:53am:
Vanguard and SWF combat styles bonuses don't stack? Guess I can make do with 4 fighter then.

No, sir. And swf will not work with shields unless you take bard levels for skirmisher. Which also locks you into light armor and light weapons.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #19 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 6:56am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 18th, 2014 at 3:26am:
No, sir. And swf will not work with shields unless you take bard levels for skirmisher. Which also locks you into light armor and light weapons.

That sucks, im used to feats / enhancements stacking.

Im aware of shields being inconpatible with swf outside of swash buckling, and the requirements for swashbuckling. It's precisely why I said I dont think barb will usurp fighter/rogue as the ideal swash splits.
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2014 at 6:57am by Munkenmo »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 7:19am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 18th, 2014 at 6:56am:
That sucks, im used to feats / enhancements stacking.

Im aware of shields being inconpatible with swf outside of swash buckling, and the requirements for swashbuckling. It's precisely why I said I dont think barb will usurp fighter/rogue as the ideal swash splits.

I might be wrong here(usually am ;P) but I think a friend of mine used skirmisher to bypass swf with a shield and used a dwarven axe while still retaining swf icon. I'll have to ask what he did when gets back from work/ In around 10~ hours. There might be a way to get your build going. I know for certain it was heavy armored 3 levels of bard splashed dwarf using a dwarven axe. Might be he was using a buckler to fool it, idk. But Ill get back to this asap. 
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2014 at 7:20am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #21 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 7:32am
Print Post  
He probably just used a handaxe. Theyre pretty good on swashbucklers, particularly in legendary dreadnaught.

I was pointing out handaxe / shield mastery swashbucklers ages ago.  They were strong on release and have been buffed since then.

+10% movement speed now
vanguard tree.

Skirmisher didnt work with medium or heavy armor when it first came out (believe me I tried, swapping, relogging resetting enhancements etc.)  Id guess your friend just had an armor kitted swashbuckler?
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2014 at 7:35am by Munkenmo »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 7:40am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 18th, 2014 at 7:32am:
Id guess your friend just had an armor kitted swashbuckler?

He wasnt using a hand axe. I'll have to ask what exactly he was doing but I remember specifically that he took 3 bard levels solely for skirmisher. Im going to try and text him when he leaves for work lol. But have to wait because he is on west coast and 3 hours behind me.

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #23 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 9:57am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 18th, 2014 at 12:02am:

4 ftr - Swift Defense 10%
1 barb - Fast Movement 10%
15 bard, T2 SB - Fast Movement 15%
T5 Warchanter - Expeditious Chant 15% (typed Action Boost, always on)
T2 Warchatner - AB Sprint 50%

I'll have to check how those are typed to see what stacks, unless somebody already checked and can chime in. Clearly the regular T2 Action Boost Sprint shouldn't stack with the T5 but idk about the Swashbuckler Fast Movement.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #24 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 10:45am
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on Nov 18th, 2014 at 9:57am:
4 ftr - Swift Defense 10%
1 barb - Fast Movement 10%
15 bard, T2 SB - Fast Movement 15%
T5 Warchanter - Expeditious Chant 15% (typed Action Boost, always on)
T2 Warchatner - AB Sprint 50%

They've gone plaid!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint