Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Next year's players council? (Read 64020 times)
Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Re: Next year's players council?
Reply #25 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 10:41am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 10:39am:
I know, right?!

You forgot FranOhmsford.

I didn't make the list. If I had, he certainly would have been on it.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #26 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 10:43am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 10:38am:
The PC fails because of 3 reasons:
1 - the concept behind it is not sound.
2 - the company behind the concept is not sound.
3 - the people in the PC is not sound. Except Flav. But only because he'll agree with this.

1. this needs improvement for sure.
2. what company is anyway? Name one?
3. well duh. We're human. U expect us to be sound? What kind of cotton wool, rainbows and unicorns world do u live in?

The PC doesn't fail, but it could be done a lot better. Also, ML was a fail, wasn't it? So, now we got the PC. Anyone not happy with the PC should apply and try to make things better instead of whining about it.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #27 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 10:45am
Print Post  
Or you should apply for turbine job and make the game better instead of thinking you can change something by being in crappy pc.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #28 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 10:45am:
Or you should apply for turbine job and make the game better instead of thinking you can change something by being in crappy pc.

Tongue I actually looked at their recruitment pages some year ago... sadly you have to live there, and I'm not planning on moving.

Not that I think they'd hire me anyway, since I've never worked on an mmo before.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #29 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 10:45am:

Only people like Cordo would apply for a job on that sinking ship.  Roll Eyes

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #30 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 10:52am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 10:43am:
1. this needs improvement for sure.
2. what company is anyway? Name one?
3. well duh. We're human. U expect us to be sound? What kind of cotton wool, rainbows and unicorns world do u live in?

The PC doesn't fail, but it could be done a lot better. Also, ML was a fail, wasn't it? So, now we got the PC. Anyone not happy with the PC should apply and try to make things better instead of whining about it.

To wit:

Angry wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 4:31am:
So my question to you is.. who would you like to see on the next year's PC.. and what changes would you like to see in how the PC is utilized?

I gave insight to your question.

If the only answer you want to your question is to rename you and some other idiots to remain in the PC because the PC is doing oh so well with its job - then you should not post here because we WILL tell you the truth.

Changes:
1 - lose the stupid PC badge and the right to say "I know stuff but can't tell you," and "if I don't like you, I can whine to Cordo," and "say only the things I like or I'll whine some more!" credo.
2 - Put into a place a logical approach to changes in the game. State the proposed changes. Have a majority population vote on it - preferably in-game.
3 - Have those proposed changes GET IMPLEMENTED.
4 - Set priorities straight. Bug fixes > gameplay issues > game balance > proposed game changes > what Fran wants > what Cordovan and devs want.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

ahti
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 11:02am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 10:39am:
I know, right?!

You forgot FranOhmsford.

+1 fran is full retard and he fits perfect

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #32 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 11:08am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 10:52am:
I gave insight to your question.

Sunny, dear. I was asking for changes and improvements, and you gave me poo poo, so I responded the same way.

If the only answer you want to your question is to rename you and some other idiots to remain in the PC because the PC is doing oh so well with its job - then you should not post here because we WILL tell you the truth.

I have no interest in continuing on the PC. In fact, I actually thought about quitting some time ago, because of some internal drama, but decided to stay on, cause fuck the drama, I was there to offer my opinions on the game, not socialize.

Changes:
1 - lose the stupid PC badge and the right to say "I know stuff but can't tell you," and "if I don't like you, I can whine to Cordo," and "say only the things I like or I'll whine some more!" credo.
2 - Put into a place a logical approach to changes in the game. State the proposed changes. Have a majority population vote on it - preferably in-game.
3 - Have those proposed changes GET IMPLEMENTED.
4 - Set priorities straight. Bug fixes > gameplay issues > game balance > proposed game changes > what Fran wants > what Cordovan and devs want.

1. they wanted to put together a small group of ppl that would comment before the public, to get more manageable feedback. I get that. I'm not a fan of badges, though. The PC could as well have been kept private like ML.. but they were trying to keep things more transparent.

2. if you suggest running everything through the masses, you're nuts. I can't imagine that the devs would have time to do that, and filtering mass responses takes time away from development.

3. whose proposed changes?

4. it doesn't work that way. Bug fixes don't bring in money.. so bug fixes are never going to get prioritised higher than new shitz. I'd assume they put aside some time on bug fixes, especially when they're about to do an update.. but most of their time would be put on new stuff.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #33 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 11:08am:
Sunny, dear. I was asking for changes and improvements, and you gave me poo poo, so I responded the same way.

I have no interest in continuing on the PC. In fact, I actually thought about quitting some time ago, because of some internal drama, but decided to stay on, cause fuck the drama, I was there to offer my opinions on the game, not socialize.

1. they wanted to put together a small group of ppl that would comment before the public, to get more manageable feedback. I get that. I'm not a fan of badges, though. The PC could as well have been kept private like ML.. but they were trying to keep things more transparent.

2. if you suggest running everything through the masses, you're nuts. I can't imagine that the devs would have time to do that, and filtering mass responses takes time away from development.

3. whose proposed changes?

4. it doesn't work that way. Bug fixes don't bring in money.. so bug fixes are never going to get prioritised higher than new shitz. I'd assume they put aside some time on bug fixes, especially when they're about to do an update.. but most of their time would be put on new stuff.

And that is why you are wrong.

Of course you'll get shit. You're shit, and you deserve shit. Take it like a man, and nut up. I answered your fuckin' post, and I answered better than you ever did.

The changes referred to in #3 are those in #2. The data collection method is so simple that even Fran can do it. And that's saying a lot. Even the voting system would be so simple. Did you spend such a long time in Turbine that your IQ has decreased even less?

Bug fixes might not bring in money - but it prevents money from going away. There have been more people leaving the game because of bugs than because of any other reason. That is lost revenue.

When you're in a sinking ship, you freakin' plug the holes first before building a new sail.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #34 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 11:31am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 11:16am:
And that is why you are wrong.

Of course you'll get shit. You're shit, and you deserve shit. Take it like a man, and nut up. I answered your fuckin' post, and I answered better than you ever did.

The changes referred to in #3 are those in #2. The data collection method is so simple that even Fran can do it. And that's saying a lot. Even the voting system would be so simple. Did you spend such a long time in Turbine that your IQ has decreased even less?

Bug fixes might not bring in money - but it prevents money from going away. There have been more people leaving the game because of bugs than because of any other reason. That is lost revenue.

When you're in a sinking ship, you freakin' plug the holes first before building a new sail.

When you learn to write a proper proposal, feel free to post it on the ddo forums. Til then, I'm just not impressed. You're still the kid playing in the sandbox, thinking that your sand cakes will be there tomorrow.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #35 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 11:42am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 11:31am:
When you learn to write a proper proposal, feel free to post it on the ddo forums. Til then, I'm just not impressed. You're still the kid playing in the sandbox, thinking that your sand cakes will be there tomorrow.

Big words for someone who started this very thread.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #36 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
[quote]if you suggest running everything through the masses, you're nuts. I can't imagine that the devs would have time to do that, and filtering mass responses takes time away from development.
[/quote]

This is bullshit. What you are describing has nothing to do with coders.

The community manager should be filtering mass responses, tallying them, then taking results to strategy meetings.
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2014 at 12:04pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

onions
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 4:31am:
I want to play a game.

So.. as you all know, this year's players council is almost over, and they will start looking for a new council soonish (I have no details on exact time). I know the PC has been discussed over and over.. some still think it was a mega failure.. while others regret not applying.

So my question to you is.. who would you like to see on the next year's PC.. and what changes would you like to see in how the PC is utilized?

I want to see decisions, which improve longterm gameplay without the price tag. Happy customers therefor.

Player's Council seems to be nothing I have benfit of. Therefor I don't ant to see anyone in particular there. Instead, I want to have the guarantee of Turbine and WB creating quality, not just alibi public instances, which are even exclusive but create the illusion of influence from a player's side. In fact, just make a good game Turbine and screw the Player's Council.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 12:02pm:
The community manager should be filtering mass responses, tallying them, then taking results to strategy meetings.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #39 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 7:49am:
I wouldn't need any more reason to be on the player's council than to post messages here to Flav saying "I know something you do not, but I cannot tell what it is".

And I would troll you for that Cheesy

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #40 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 10:38am:
3 - the people in the PC is not sound. Except Flav. But only because he'll agree with this.

You really think I'm sound ? Oh dear... I'm probably as nuts as the rest of the PC... if not worse... *goes back fapping on 4chan*

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #41 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
well i just figured since the players council was about as useful as tits on a boar, that this would be the list all the people you want them to ignore, lol.

If the people that worked at turbine gave a fuck about anything they probably would have found better jobs long ago, oh wait, we are just left with the fucking chair holders. And apparently a bunch of fucking weirdos into pac man cosplay.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Bigdickrichguy
Horoluth Raider

I'm gunna put my dick<br
/>in your vag.<br />

Reply #42 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
I think player's council membership should be given strictly based on mother forum post counts. The link between post count and in game awesomeness is clear to me.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #43 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 2:20pm:
well i just figured since the players council was about as useful as tits on a boar, that this would be the list all the people you want them to ignore, lol.

If the people that worked at turbine gave a fuck about anything they probably would have found better jobs long ago, oh wait, we are just left with the fucking chair holders. And apparently a bunch of fucking weirdos into pac man cosplay.

Boars feed their young through their tits, as do all mammals. At least the female ones. Now - if Cordo was a boar, his tits would still be useful as they would serve as emergency flotation devices should the need arise.

And where is this pac man cosplay? Pics, or it didn't happen!

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #44 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 1:40pm:
*goes back fapping on 4chan*

shr plz

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #45 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 2:35pm:
Boars feed their young through their tits, as do all mammals. At least the female ones. Now - if Cordo was a boar, his tits would still be useful as they would serve as emergency flotation devices should the need arise.

Boars are male pigs, hence the expression, sows are femole pigs, and when they break 200 lbs they become hogs.

As far as pics, ask that Majmal guy, seems kind of Mal-adjusted, prolly has some good pics Wink

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 2:35pm:

not cosplay, but larping

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #47 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Bigdickrichguy wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 2:28pm:
I think player's council membership should be given strictly based on mother forum post counts. The link between post count and in game awesomeness is clear to me.

A whole bunch of folks on the council this past year were fuckwits who brought nothing to the table other than their inflated post counts.

Given the lack of the promised "periodical council updates" and the fact that multiple council members have complained about not being listened to, I think the only question that remains is whether the PC was a well meaning PR stunt or a cynical PR stunt.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #48 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
[quote author=6E5C6C47656D66080 link=1419845483/36#36 date=1419872539]
The community manager should be filtering mass responses, tallying them, then taking results to strategy meetings.[/quote]

Therein lies the weakness in this suggestion.
Jezza has shown himself to be anything but independent, nor does he have any competency in the game to evaluate proposals on their merits for either players or development teams.

What would happen in practice is that Cordo would only listen to his little gaggle of personal fluffers.
The only thing we'd end up with are things that benefit them and massive monuments on every corner in the likeness of Cordo.
No thanks.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #49 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 1:40pm:
You really think I'm sound ? Oh dear... I'm probably as nuts as the rest of the PC... if not worse... *goes back fapping on 4chan*

TMI Flav

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Send TopicPrint