Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Next year's players council? (Read 64157 times)
AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Next year's players council?
Reply #75 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
PS: nice word sub lol.

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #76 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 12:42am
Print Post  
Everything I read about the PC indicates it was even worse than ML.  Still had different player types having drama over what they want, devs ignoring feedback, devs skipping PC going right to lamma, promise of feedback of PC activities not done, etc...

It has its uses but you have to understand the system and be willing to follow it.  Else you will just be unhappy being on it.  You shouldn't apply unless you are willing to play by their rules no matter how stupid they are.

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #77 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 1:36am
Print Post  
Ash wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 11:17pm:
Sounds very similar to the PC most of the time. 

Welcome to the party.

And ML.

Guessing but I suspect some of it is ignoring, but some of it is ignoring because they haven't given us the full picture and won't and we might agree that our ideas don't work if we had the full picture, some of it is just business, some of it is lack of resources, some of it personal distaste of individual posters.  Personal distaste is reasonable as while some devs are total sweeties, devs generally are human after all -  if they've been kicked in the teeth by particular posters there may be less inclination to read their posts.

Some of it might be just not responding to every single post, some of it is that saying things in the past has got them into trouble or been taken out of context, or saying things where business needs have changed things so that they can't make promises so safest not to say anything at all .

Yeah - definitely the more people who serve on the council the better. Then you all get to see what it's like - or perhaps more usefull what it's *not* like.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #78 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 1:45am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 11:49pm:
I'm a casual player nowadays.  Probably ~30 minutes a week since U24 dropped.  Mostly play by myself, a few close friends (most of whom don't play anymore) and my guild (who are currently just as casual).  I honestly don't have any "crew" to speak of.  

Sorry I misunderstood your intent, as I largely agreed with your comments.
And sorry to hear you've moved into the fading phase too.   Undecided

As for turbine picking out which players are knowledgeable, to me there are some obvious and easy examples even in the vault: munkenmo, shadow, lelouch, harhar, rubbins, from the shithole DDO forums, knight_slayer, xtethx and a whole bunch of others, I could go on and on.  I don't know any of those people personally, yet I think most people would agree that all the above are at least pretty decent at this game.  

I agree that individually you could rattle off a list of names of people we respect, but it might be different for many people.
Some of the guys above are taking a break too - doesn't mean they could not contribute but more like they would not want to.

If someone at Turbine would spend just a fraction of time reading the build forums and lamma forums for understanding rather than finding ways to infract people, we could have an awesome PC that could help steer the game in a fun direction and could help get the larger community involved and excited about upcoming changes. 

Agree wholeheartedly.
It's not the player population holding the game back, it's the thought processes at Turdbine.
Community Relations is a misnomer at Turdbine, it's actually Community Suppression.  There is a wealth of knowledge available in their forums, but Cordo spends 98% of his time infracting people rather than engaging (the other 2% is fapping for those interested).

Of course, that presupposes that Turbine would be willing to have open communications with the PC (which flav suggests is not the case), but those are the two things that I think need to change. 

Yep.
There does not appear to be any desire to engage the community genuinely, nor any organisational requirement to do so.
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2014 at 1:47am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #79 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 1:46am
Print Post  
Trollero wrote on Dec 30th, 2014 at 12:42am:
Everything I read about the PC indicates it was even worse than ML.  Still had different player types having drama over what they want, devs ignoring feedback, devs skipping PC going right to lamma, promise of feedback of PC activities not done, etc...

It has its uses but you have to understand the system and be willing to follow it.  Else you will just be unhappy being on it.  You shouldn't apply unless you are willing to play by their rules no matter how stupid they are.

Well the PC as it was originally put was that certain things would go to Lamma and certain to the PC. But to my mind certain things ended up in the PC first because they didn't have enough for the PC to do maybe? Remember management and possibly a business model changed about 3 months into the PC.

There were long periods where a lot of the devs didn't bother with ML either. It felt like ML was shunted off to the side and QA fed their ML minions from time to time and fed back the information to the devs who ignored it or were too busy for it or just didn't want to engage directly with ML people. Same deal with the PC I bet. Possibly day to day busyness it just doesn't occur to them to feed the PC anything, or they just don't think they need a focus group for the types of decisions that they are making at that time. In order to integrate a focus group into their business model/production of this product, they need to have thought about how that is going to work. With the management change it could be speculated that there is just not that much interest in a PC group, or having that much of a focus from users perspective - this is from a management priority perspective. From an individual dev perspective you can see how much and with what they engage with us on the forums how they value us, and which individual devs value us. The others, you don't necessarily know whether or not they value us (by us I just mean general players opinions and not any focus group), as they just don't post so we just don't know.

I'm inclined to be a bit more positive about the silence from what I've seen of what they do post (as per live forums) - certain dev individuals that is. Management? I have no idea.

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #80 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 3:00am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 8:14pm:
Oh, don't bother with digging it... There's no point... just know that if you apply, you do not apply for something that works both way...
( from players to Turbine and from Turbine to players )... you apply for something that works only one way.
Suggestions are not welcome...

As for changes in Lamania... If the wanted changes do not meet Turbine's ( or the relevant Dev ) agenda... it will get ignored, the same way the PC suggestions were ignored ( and  that's not relevant just for the Armor Changes; in the case of the armor changes in case it wasn't obvious : they wanted to nerf the pajama wearers, with high dodge, hard while making it look like it wasn't a nerf ).
Thunderforge is when we finally understood that our suggestions were not welcome... We were trying to create a coherent crafting system out of all the various unlinked stuff we have in game. Based on Greensteel, Cannith and Alchemical.... and they pulled the rug under us by adding Thunderforged, with yet more ingredients, yet another unrelated system, ...

As I said some month ago : The current crop of Devs are here to push forward changes that looks good on a Resume, because they know that after DDO goes to Maintenance Mode there's no room for them at Turbine.
Things like Added Thunderforged Crafting, a End Game Weapon and Armor Crafting system; Created the Swashbuckler Tree for the Bard Class; Balanced the Class powers to make them all relevant; Optimized the combat system by creating whole new system for armors ( PRR/MRR ), .... Will always look better on a Resume than fixed 1 bug that has been in game for years, Spent 1 month tracking a String Table Error DID, Fixed 10 broken ladders. 
So expect a lot of ignoring. Consider that it sometime took weeks of combined efforts from all the PC members to kill some ideas...

And my question still stands, unless your trying to avoid answering it:

will you stay on if given the choice?

We know Meli will if she can, it's either that or she stops exploiting because her Cordovan protection will lapse. No wonder your pushing for Atomic Meli, he is already your little bitch, and how Ironic it would be if the guy who gave you your duped otto's stones, replaced you in the PC right? Man those Crimson Eagles handy group, and such excellent prices for Otto's stones as well.

I do hope you try to get on the PC and succeed Atomic, just in case I may start stocking up on dummy accounts on the MB's.  If Cordovan picks you I can use all of them to repeatedly post screen shots and logs, of you, a newly vetted PC member selling piles of duped stones for real money. The embarrassment that could cause Cordo and the other dickheads might be just the thing to finally kill this PC bullshit dead.

So thanks I guess. 
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2014 at 3:02am by gawker »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #81 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 3:07am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 10:50am:
Tongue I actually looked at their recruitment pages some year ago... sadly you have to live there, and I'm not planning on moving.

Not that I think they'd hire me anyway, since I've never worked on an mmo before.

Do you think half of those retards know what the fuck they are doing?
You would be welcomed with open arms, since those idiots have managed to fuck up the small amount of decency that ddo had in  last few years.

Also, in my honest opinion, any real vet and good player quit ddo long time ago, i was a idiot for hoping that they would make this game proper.
After whole champion idiotism and looking by myself how pointless it is to ask for more difficulty in this game, i just gave up.
I dont have will, energy, nor patience left to log onto ddo.
Friends ask me on forum to do so, at least for chatting, but i dont know, after playing ddo so long and not loging for a while i feel like hmm.
Ah good picture would be, like a chick that was cheated by her bf from false promises, gang raped by him and his crew, and left in some unknown forest while being attached to some tree like jesus.

Thats exactly how i felt after the whole champ idea came out and was nerfed faster then i could smell my fart.
I have no trust anymore in turbine, and honestly, i worked in my life here and there on different spots, and i never saw a company so fucking bad as turbine is.
And pointing that out since i come from one of the most corrupt countries on this world, so i should know what fucking bad company means
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2014 at 3:08am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #82 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 3:41am
Print Post  
As for turbine picking out which players are knowledgeable, to me there are some obvious and easy examples even in the vault: munkenmo, shadow, lelouch, harhar, rubbins, from the shithole DDO forums, knight_slayer, xtethx and a whole bunch of others, I could go on and on.  I don't know any of those people personally, yet I think most people would agree that all the above are at least pretty decent at this game. 

You're joking right? Ppl have been complaining over and over that the devs don't know the game enough because they don't play it, and now you're suggesting putting more ppl there who don't play. Also, not being banned on the ddo forums might good start.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #83 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 3:48am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Dec 30th, 2014 at 3:07am:
Do you think half of those retards know what the fuck they are doing?
You would be welcomed with open arms, since those idiots have managed to fuck up the small amount of decency that ddo had in  last few years.

Also, in my honest opinion, any real vet and good player quit ddo long time ago, i was a idiot for hoping that they would make this game proper.
After whole champion idiotism and looking by myself how pointless it is to ask for more difficulty in this game, i just gave up.
I dont have will, energy, nor patience left to log onto ddo.
Friends ask me on forum to do so, at least for chatting, but i dont know, after playing ddo so long and not loging for a while i feel like hmm.
Ah good picture would be, like a chick that was cheated by her bf from false promises, gang raped by him and his crew, and left in some unknown forest while being attached to some tree like jesus.

Thats exactly how i felt after the whole champ idea came out and was nerfed faster then i could smell my fart.
I have no trust anymore in turbine, and honestly, i worked in my life here and there on different spots, and i never saw a company so fucking bad as turbine is.
And pointing that out since i come from one of the most corrupt countries on this world, so i should know what fucking bad company means

Yet, some ppl have said that ddo has the best character customization options of all the available mmo's, and that's why they keep coming back.

When you're complaining about Turbine.. and note, I'm not defending them since I don't have the data available, are you looking at all their games or just ddo?

Personally I'm not a fan of the champs. They could just remove them and come up with something else. Why? I don't need the new variable you're talking about. I'm quite happy knowing how hard the mobs are gonna hit, and how many ee mobs I can handle at a time... without suddenly having a random variable mob in the mix, with TS that hits harder than the end boss.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #84 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 4:32am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Dec 30th, 2014 at 3:48am:
Yet, some ppl have said that ddo has the best character customization options of all the available mmo's, and that's why they keep coming back.

When you're complaining about Turbine.. and note, I'm not defending them since I don't have the data available, are you looking at all their games or just ddo?

Personally I'm not a fan of the champs. They could just remove them and come up with something else. Why? I don't need the new variable you're talking about. I'm quite happy knowing how hard the mobs are gonna hit, and how many ee mobs I can handle at a time... without suddenly having a random variable mob in the mix, with TS that hits harder than the end boss.

How i consider it is, that whenever a dev shows promise to be good or in any way decent he will be promoted to lotro or he will join a proper gaming company.
For me it seems like ddo is the test ground for dev capability.
I might be entirely wrong, but every time someone did something that could be  good for ddos health, that person has disappeared from ddo
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2014 at 4:33am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #85 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 5:53am
Print Post  
gawker wrote on Dec 30th, 2014 at 3:00am:

We know Meli will if she can, it's either that or she stops exploiting because her Cordovan protection will lapse. No wonder your pushing for Atomic Meli, he is already your little bitch, and how Ironic it would be if the guy who gave you your duped otto's stones, replaced you in the PC right? Man those Crimson Eagles handy group, and such excellent prices for Otto's stones as well.

I do hope you try to get on the PC and succeed Atomic, just in case I may start stocking up on dummy accounts on the MB's.  If Cordovan picks you I can use all of them to repeatedly post screen shots and logs, of you, a newly vetted PC member selling piles of duped stones for real money. The embarrassment that could cause Cordo and the other dickheads might be just the thing to finally kill this PC bullshit dead.

So thanks I guess. 

Oh do post those pictures Gawker. I would be super curious. I'm going to make sure that lots of people see this post.

Here - reply to this post with screenshots.

/eyeroll

Good grief. Someone has their panties in a total twist. You don't seriously think that I thought that other person was for real whose PMs I forwarded to Cordovan?

You are a good example of a bully who doesn't like being called out I suspect Smiley

So here I am calling you out again Gawker. Post away. Seriously.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #86 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 7:04am
Print Post  
gawker wrote on Dec 30th, 2014 at 3:00am:

Oh I didn't try to avoid answering it... I forgot about answering it.

If nothing change in the actual purpose of the PC, no.
There's no point. It will be on Lamania soon enough.
The only bits where the PC had an actual impact were items and enhancements... And that can be done through Lamania too.
( especially since both went through one or more two instances in L-Space before hitting live )
As I wrote somewhere :
- DDO ship has no Captain.
- The PC is seen as a group with Game Steering power... We don't.
- The PC doesn't see everything in a given update.
- Suggestions from the PC are ignored :
    * Crafting overhaul.
    * Un-Ghostbanning of Loot.
    * LFM issues caused by Retarded Streak and Dungeon Scaling.
    * Character Sheet UI revamp
    * Things like this https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/453187-Achievements-A-Proposal
       and this : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/400412-Too-Good-an-Idea-to-Let-Die
       that were mostly ignored when pointed out by several PC members.

If things changes in the right direction, I'll have to think about it. ( I don't expect things to change, so I haven't considered the option )

Does it answer your question ?

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #87 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 7:40am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Dec 30th, 2014 at 7:04am:
Oh I didn't try to avoid answering it... I forgot about answering it.

If nothing change in the actual purpose of the PC, no.
There's no point. It will be on Lamania soon enough.
The only bits where the PC had an actual impact were items and enhancements... And that can be done through Lamania too.
( especially since both went through one or more two instances in L-Space before hitting live )
As I wrote somewhere :
- DDO ship has no Captain.
- The PC is seen as a group with Game Steering power... We don't.
- The PC doesn't see everything in a given update.
- Suggestions from the PC are ignored :
    * Crafting overhaul.
    * Un-Ghostbanning of Loot.
    * LFM issues caused by Retarded Streak and Dungeon Scaling.
    * Character Sheet UI revamp
    * Things like this https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/453187-Achievements-A-Proposal
       and this : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/400412-Too-Good-an-Idea-to-Let-Die
       that were mostly ignored when pointed out by several PC members.

If things changes in the right direction, I'll have to think about it. ( I don't expect things to change, so I haven't considered the option )

Does it answer your question ?

The very same person with achievments proposal is the very same person and my guildie who gave the initial idea about pc that was riped of by turbine.
IT all started with me being angry that there is noting to be done in this fucking game when you get to some point where tring and gear makes no sense, since you have it all.
With me being frustrated and ranting for hours, he only managed to absorb the positive things, modified it and came to the achiement idea.
He is a person who if he worked for turbine, would change the game positively.
But sadly, even if they were to implement this they would fuck it up.
ITs rather sad when you think about the whole fiasco ddo is in.
By listening to casuals and people whose playstyle is to play the game with 0 skill where the game allows them to never fail under the "braindead" playstyle ddos quality is droping beyond average.
I mean i wont rant nor anything, done that to much on motherfuckingmotherforum.
But all i  can say, after playing and soloing epic elites and some raids in ddo, im having a harder time in wasteland then in any quest ever in ddo.
Fucking things rape me in that game, i never have ammo and i fear every encounter.
And comparing my first fight to now is like 2 worlds apart.
In ddo there is no need anymore to learn and improve yourself and if they continue this path they will, themselfs the fucktard community who cant properly play that game and accept the fact that they should improve their skills before asking for nerfs to every single aspect of the game that could be considerd a challenge, totally destroy anything left decent in ddo.

But meh, il be around anytime i need to say a word how retarded turbine is, doubt il play again, unless they stop fucking this game and dedicate the least bit of brain they have to make it a game worth spending money on.
Id currently prolly spend money earlier on some game with barbie n such then on ddo.
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2014 at 7:44am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #88 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 10:18am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Dec 30th, 2014 at 7:40am:
and comparing my first fight to now is like 2 worlds apart.

Yeah, the game used to be brutal... and doing a quest on Elite ( especially underlevel ) actually meant something back then...
Right now you just steamroll Elite fights in quests two levels below your actual level... there's no achievement... and absolutely no reason to actually challenge quests by doing quests way over your level ( it won't give more XP or better loot ).
Add the scaling ( back then a dungeon was meant for a party of 4/6... not for a soloing gimp ) and you've got the right mix to kill all the challenges in game.
( and people wonder why I want so bad to kill Retarded Streak... Killing it for the LFM is just part of it... I wad it dead and buried so that a really challenging system ( something similar to the old underlevel bonus ) can be put in place to replace the Streak. Something that will actually reward doing challenging things instead of being a sheep and Eliting everything two level below your character )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

onions
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #89 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 10:24am
Print Post  
The streak is the best which could have happened to DDO. If you want a challenge in DDO you need new content, not recycled stuff. Seriously, you might be the only one giving 1 fuck abnout the LFm and grouping scene. You should realize that enforcing groups is restrictive compared to how the game is played currently. The result is, your opinion on that matter is just one and you should act according to it.

For that one thing you bring up over and over again, I am very happy the PC is ignored then.
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2014 at 10:26am by onions »  

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #90 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Dec 30th, 2014 at 7:40am:
WHINING LIKE A GAY BABY

If you want some challenge why do you play a sorc?

Seriously you are bored because you wasted your life to get 3x completionist.

Just stop to play. try get laid for a change.
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2014 at 11:59am by ILoveExploits »  

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Reply #91 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
I will declare the Player Council to be a permanently retired feature of DDO.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #92 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Dec 30th, 2014 at 10:18am:
Yeah, the game used to be brutal... and doing a quest on Elite ( especially underlevel ) actually meant something back then...
Right now you just steamroll Elite fights in quests two levels below your actual level... there's no achievement... and absolutely no reason to actually challenge quests by doing quests way over your level ( it won't give more XP or better loot ).
Add the scaling ( back then a dungeon was meant for a party of 4/6... not for a soloing gimp ) and you've got the right mix to kill all the challenges in game.
( and people wonder why I want so bad to kill Retarded Streak... Killing it for the LFM is just part of it... I wad it dead and buried so that a really challenging system ( something similar to the old underlevel bonus ) can be put in place to replace the Streak. Something that will actually reward doing challenging things instead of being a sheep and Eliting everything two level below your character )

You think under lvl will challenge people?
Did you forget people were doing eh quests on like lvl 16-17 last year?  Grin

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #93 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Can folks have an official poll and get it done already?

Is the game too easy or too hard?

a) Too hard, I'm a wimp.

b) Too easy, I'm awesomesauce and NO ONE can be better than me, except Stoddard.

c) Don't care, it's still fun and I like playing.

d) There's a new MMORPG I'd like to promote and it is <insert suggestion here>.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #94 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
d) I'd like to promote Dragon Age.  Storyline is of course excellent.  Multiplayer is less than perfect, but damn at least its not DDO.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #95 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
If you are not retarded and play way too much,  THERES NO FUCKING CHALLENGE FOR YOU!

You'll know every quest, every trap, every save spot, every fucking trick.

Depending the class you play the game will be even easier.

I'm lvl'ing an alt as pally to get some fast divine past lives.

THIS IS A FUCKING JOKE, I'VE BEEN RUNNING ALL THE QUESTS ON EE AND I JUST DON'T DIE. 

I'm not a master of all builds like the moron Ledouch but my build is decent and i have some decent gear. I'm not a fucking God but it's still easy.
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2014 at 4:15pm by ILoveExploits »  

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #96 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Dec 30th, 2014 at 4:12pm:
If you are not retarded and play way too much,  THERES NO FUCKING CHALLENGE FOR YOU!

You'll know every quest, every trap, every save spot, every fucking trick.

Depending the class you play the game will be even easier.

I'm lvl'ing an alt as pally to get some fast divine past lives.

THIS IS A FUCKING JOKE, I'VE BEEN RUNNING ALL THE QUESTS ON EE AND I JUST DON'T DIE. 

I'm not a master of all builds like the moron Ledouch but my build is decent and i have some decent gear. I'm not a fucking God but it's still easy.

so... your answer is... a?

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #97 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Dec 30th, 2014 at 3:57pm:
d) I'd like to promote Dragon Age.  Storyline is of course excellent.  Multiplayer is less than perfect, but damn at least its not DDO.

There is multiplayer?!

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

FM
Dragon Raider

Reply #98 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
I don't care who is on the next Players Council.

My only preference is that whoever is next doesn't feel the need to mention they are on the Players Council in every one of their posts whether it is relevant or not.

It's very strange to me that people who are prohibited from divulging information can still try to play "expert" in either of the forums:

"I can't say anything about this, but I know something about this. You might think there was no reason for me to post here since I'm providing you with no information and you didn't ask for any, but I do think it's important for you to view me as special in some way. Also, I'm on the Players Council. I guess that's really the point of my post."

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #99 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 6:29pm:
Serious feedback:

1) The NDA was not a good thing. 

It should be removed or at least reserved for specific sensitive topics.  The PC should have been able to act as a bridge between the devs and the community.  One of the goals was for the PC to gather good suggestions from the community, and this failed because of the restrictions on communication. 

2) The PC should primarily sample from highly skilled and knowledgeable players. 

The current game balance is at an all time low, and that's mostly a result of changes made this year.  Necropolis and thunderforged gear dominate every gear slot and armor changes/heal amp changes make this game slightly more challenging than Candyland.  These things should have been run through knowledgeable players who can predict how changes to mathematical formulas affect gameplay. 

A lot of knowledgeable players did raise a stink on Lamma forums about the armor changes, but were drowned out in the noise.  I think there's a larger problem that game skill and knowledge are not respected.  The bar is set so low that anyone can solo the hardest content on EE.  And when turbine does try to raise the bar (e.g. champions) all the casuals that sit on the forum all day cry out until the bar gets lowered again.  And the result is that players continue to leave. 

I do think the idea of the PC is a good one and probably cheaper than Mournlands: turbine needs a focused player voice to help them direct game changes.  But the lack of communication with the larger community and the poor sampling and restrictions on recruiting knowledgeable players prevent the PC from guiding DDO in the right direction. 

There I was about to post something along these lines and someone did it for me. I agree with this 100%.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Send TopicPrint