Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Next year's players council? (Read 63969 times)
Angry
Puppy Farmer

Next year's players council?
Dec 29th, 2014 at 4:31am
Print Post  
I want to play a game.

So.. as you all know, this year's players council is almost over, and they will start looking for a new council soonish (I have no details on exact time). I know the PC has been discussed over and over.. some still think it was a mega failure.. while others regret not applying.

So my question to you is.. who would you like to see on the next year's PC.. and what changes would you like to see in how the PC is utilized?
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2014 at 4:43am by Angry »  

IP Logged

Rage
Waterworks Kobold

I Love boobies

Re: Next year's players council?
Reply #1 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 4:41am
Print Post  
For one, I know I will apply to join! I'm not dissing on the existing members, I'm sure they tried their best to aid their vision. But I wanna see whats it all about and I spend a lot of time on forums anyway

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #2 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 4:45am
Print Post  
When even Fran saw that the council was a waste of time, why would anyone else bother?

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #3 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 4:46am
Print Post  
Qualahor, Chai, Hendrik, Uska, and Hal

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #4 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 4:48am
Print Post  
Let me answer your query with some sincere questions of my own.

As a PC member, do you feel that the PC concept worked as it was intended?  Ie. Was the program a success in your opinion?
Do you personally feel you made a difference and that the time you invested in the PC was well spent?

Anyone on the PC is welcome to respond - might be interesting to see how different members perceived it.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #5 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 5:11am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 4:48am:
As a PC member, do you feel that the PC concept worked as it was intended?  Ie. Was the program a success in your opinion?

I feel that Turbine didn't quite know what they wanted with the PC.. and the PC members didn't know what was expected of us. When you ask if it worked as intended, the problem is that there was no clear guidelines as to what was intended, so everyone struggled at first and a bit later on too. I think it was a learning experience for everyone involved, and I think there is a lot of room for improvement.

We have offered feedback on how we would like to see things changed, and I hope the staff take it to heart and make some changes for next year.

DropBear wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 4:48am:
Do you personally feel you made a difference and that the time you invested in the PC was well spent?

I did see changes made on some of my suggestions and I know we stopped some bad ideas going into development. I feel the PC could have been used a lot more than it was, though.

IP Logged

Cow humper
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 5:18am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 5:11am:
I did see changes made on some of my suggestions and I know we stopped some bad ideas going into development. I feel the PC could have been used a lot more than it was, though.

Can you be more specific about this?

I personally see this whole idea as a huge fail and I really wish that Lamania would be more involved and players had some intiative to test things out and give a feedback. But what was the point last year. You sacrifice your free time on a test server, bug report everything and give some reasonable feedback just to see everything go live.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #7 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 5:32am
Print Post  
Quote:
Can you be more specific about this?

I personally see this whole idea as a huge fail and I really wish that Lamania would be more involved and players had some intiative to test things out and give a feedback. But what was the point last year. You sacrifice your free time on a test server, bug report everything and give some reasonable feedback just to see everything go live.

The PC was was meant to discuss things before they got developed, so, not connected to Lama.

I don't think I can say about some things we told the devs no about, as it could be breaking the NDA. I know other PC members have been a lot more involved in adjusting enhancement changes than I was.. while I did see e.g. loot get adjusted after some of my comments. Though, they might have gotten adjusted again after public feedback and Lamannia.

IP Logged

Cow humper
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 5:52am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 5:32am:
The PC was was meant to discuss things before they got developed, so, not connected to Lama.

I don't think I can say about some things we told the devs no about, as it could be breaking the NDA. I know other PC members have been a lot more involved in adjusting enhancement changes than I was.. while I did see e.g. loot get adjusted after some of my comments. Though, they might have gotten adjusted again after public feedback and Lamannia.

You are almost done, break NDA Tongue What I wanted to know were the specific ideas that devs came with and how much these ideas got changed. How much the PC was effective.

What I still cannot uderstand is why they don't have at least small team of people or even players that are willing to do it (and I think they could certainly find some) who will beta test for them so we won't see that extreme crap coming to live that need 20 patches to become somehow ok.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #9 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 6:05am
Print Post  
Quote:
What I still cannot uderstand is why they don't have at least small team of people or even players that are willing to do it (and I think they could certainly find some) who will beta test for them so we won't see that extreme crap coming to live that need 20 patches to become somehow ok.

I fear your optimism in Turdbine is misplaced.    Undecided

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #10 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 6:32am
Print Post  
Quote:
You are almost done, break NDA Tongue What I wanted to know were the specific ideas that devs came with and how much these ideas got changed. How much the PC was effective.

Without breaking NDA : All the Items you saw for U22 to 24 on Lamania were the 3rd or 4th instance of the items.
( yes I know, some of them still sucked... Turbine listen when they want to listen, the rest of the time they brush us aside )

It's the same for the Enhancement Trees.

As for what was stopped by the PC... you'll have to rely on hearsay.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #11 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 6:53am
Print Post  
As i wrote on a earlier thread, what turbine did was just copy a idea of a guildie of mine who put days  of effort into it,
while carefully planing and sending a basic idea to cordo who just said cool story bro, just to see all his work next week messed  up, named player council and thrown  at the community with 0 logic or sense whatsoever.

Even when they steal and copy ideas, they just cant do it correctly.
Idiots

IP Logged

Cow humper
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 7:03am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 6:53am:
As i wrote on a earlier thread, what turbine did was just copy a idea of a guildie of mine who put days  of effort into it,
while carefully planing and sending a basic idea to cordo who just said cool story bro, just to see all his work next week messed  up, named player council and thrown  at the community with 0 logic or sense whatsoever.

Even when they steal and copy ideas, they just cant do it correctly.
Idiots

Yeah. How do you think they've 'fixed' double login. I hope they gave at least some credits to that poor guy.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #13 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 7:49am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 4:45am:
When even Fran saw that the council was a waste of time, why would anyone else bother?

I wouldn't need any more reason to be on the player's council than to post messages here to Flav saying "I know something you do not, but I cannot tell what it is".

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #14 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 7:54am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 4:45am:

They would have to pay me to get into PC. And even then, the salary should be tempting.

IP Logged

NotMyDDOName
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 9:05am
Print Post  
***Read by a member of the Players Council**

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #16 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 4:46am:

Yes! All in just one forum AND game server. And they should be restricted to that single forum and game server!

Flav wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 6:32am:
As for what was stopped by the PC... you'll have to rely on hearsay.

I know something you don't - but I can't say it yet.

Quote:
Yeah. How do you think they've 'fixed' double login. I hope they gave at least some credits to that poor guy.

Atomicmew, wasn't it?

OldCoaly wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 7:49am:
I wouldn't need any more reason to be on the player's council than to post messages here to Flav saying "I know something you do not, but I cannot tell what it is".

Haha! Giggles and stuff. Still - better than, "you mess with me, and I'm telling Cordo!"

To Thaz: As much as I detest your wannabe-troll-to-save-face image - I'd have to vote just doing away with the PC. At least Turbine can't place the blame on the PC (even if it's your fault - can't be verified because of NDA, blahblahblah). The selection criteria is stupid (proof: Fran got in), and I do believe that the friend of the guy in some post up there had a much better idea regarding the council. It would have been much better to put up official forums/polls on the topic AND HAVE THE GOOD IDEAS VOTED ON AND IMPLEMENTED.

That said, I hope that Rodrak can play again.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #17 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 9:57am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 9:29am:
stuff

U know, Sunny (It's a horse and a car, btw). When I joined the Vault, I thought u were someone. I thought u had some kind of authority. Turns out u're nothing but a wannabe. U talk big and pretend to know stuff, when in fact u're a nobody. Nothing but a wannabe, who pretends to be worth something.. when in fact u're nothing. Actually, u're not even worth my time.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #18 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 9:57am:
U know, Sunny (It's a horse and a car, btw). When I joined the Vault, I thought u were someone. I thought u had some kind of authority. Turns out u're nothing but a wannabe. U talk big and pretend to know stuff, when in fact u're a nobody. Nothing but a wannabe, who pretends to be worth something.. when in fact u're nothing. Actually, u're not even worth my time.

Interesting reply. Did you even bother reading and understanding what I wrote, or did your barcelot-ness just kick in and reverted you to Thaz form?

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #19 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 9:59am
Print Post  
Honestly, I'd apply for shits n giggles but my account is way too suspicious, I'd get paranoid.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #20 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 10:05am
Print Post  
PC is crap and they cant do anything.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #21 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 10:30am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 9:58am:
Interesting reply. Did you even bother reading and understanding what I wrote, or did your barcelot-ness just kick in and reverted you to Thaz form?

*shrug* u wanna be taken seriously, lay off the attempting to insult Thaz. U do that, I ignore everything u have to say.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #22 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 4:46am:

Oh jeez. A Who's Who of Fucktardery if ever there was one.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #23 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 10:30am:
*shrug* u wanna be taken seriously, lay off the attempting to insult Thaz. U do that, I ignore everything u have to say.

Attempting to insult? Apparently, I succeeded pretty well in that regard.

The PC fails because of 3 reasons:
1 - the concept behind it is not sound.
2 - the company behind the concept is not sound.
3 - the people in the PC is not sound. Except Flav. But only because he'll agree with this.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #24 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Dec 29th, 2014 at 10:36am:
Oh jeez. A Who's Who of Fucktardery if ever there was one.

I know, right?!

You forgot FranOhmsford.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Send TopicPrint