Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Palie smhn (Read 4110 times)
Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Palie smhn
Jan 24th, 2015 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
As i saw on a thread on mother forums, wanted to ask if anyone has tried this shit?

15 palie/5ranger swf with dance of death for aoe and growing storm for single target dps?
Full time melle with orb and whatever 1 hander

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Re: Palie smhn
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2015 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
Yea, looks great, but I know that the week after I roll one up, Turbine will fix the Tempest tree and it will stop working.

"Science makes godlike -- it is all over with priests and gods when man becomes scientific. Moral: science is the forbidden as such -- it alone is forbidden. Science is the *first* sin, the *original* sin. *This alone is morality.* ``Thou shalt not know'' -- the rest follows."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

FM
Dragon Raider

Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2015 at 1:48am
Print Post  
I've done it. It works well. Just keep in mind that Dance of Death lasts six seconds instead of the ten it lists on the wiki.

Will have to test to see if it works with SWF, etc.
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2015 at 1:51am by FM »  

IP Logged

FM
Dragon Raider

Reply #3 - Jan 26th, 2015 at 2:15am
Print Post  
Tested.

Nevermind. Dance of Death is back up to ten seconds. Not sure when that happened. This means the in-game tree description is now wrong.

It does indeed work with SWF. Didn't try it with an orb in off-hand.
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2015 at 4:52am by FM »  

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #4 - Jan 26th, 2015 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Does TWF and SWF both give benefits if using only SWF, or is that limited to wolf builds only?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jan 26th, 2015 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Packfan wrote on Jan 26th, 2015 at 9:15am:
Does TWF and SWF both give benefits if using only SWF, or is that limited to wolf builds only?

wolves only.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #6 - Jan 26th, 2015 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Great, thanks. I'm putting one in a planner now, see where the feats line up. I'm guessing PDK STR-based with decent CHA, using Bsword. It's a shame I never cared to get phlogs on this toon.

I don't have any legit SWF toons so I thought this might be a good build to try.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #7 - Jan 26th, 2015 at 10:57am
Print Post  
I keep forgetting PDK is Fighter, not Pali, so eff this TR unless I feel like using one of my hearts.
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2015 at 11:37am by Packfan »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
FM wrote on Jan 26th, 2015 at 2:15am:
Tested.

Nevermind. Dance of Death is back up to ten seconds. Not sure when that happened. This means the in-game tree description is now wrong.

It does indeed work with SWF. Didn't try it with an orb in off-hand.

Even works with thrown weapons (the +[W] not multiple targest), just make sure you have quick-draw to hop back and forth.

Growing storm will run with thrown as well.
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2015 at 7:17pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Reply #9 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
On a related note, I have a THF paladin I'm getting ready to ITR; is there a 15/5 split that is better than pure Paladin?

"Science makes godlike -- it is all over with priests and gods when man becomes scientific. Moral: science is the forbidden as such -- it alone is forbidden. Science is the *first* sin, the *original* sin. *This alone is morality.* ``Thou shalt not know'' -- the rest follows."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #10 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
Feynman wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 9:51pm:
On a related note, I have a THF paladin I'm getting ready to ITR; is there a 15/5 split that is better than pure Paladin?

Other than 15 pally/5 ranger for DoD? (which looks really good on paper, but I haven't actually tried.)

No.

But 15 pally/ 5 whatever is still stronger than most other melee builds. If you're more looking to try something different/interesting there are several ways you could go.

5 monk if you're willing to be centered. (gets bonus feats, evasion, meditation of war, violence begets violence from Shintao)

5 cleric/fvs if you're willing to go warforged (gets buff spells, wrathful weapons, ameliorating strike, divine vessel from Warpriest)

5 wizard (buff spells, gets 2 bonus feats, perma tenser's, spellsword, shield & mage armor SLAs, eldritch strike cleave from EK) (sorc could do the same, but no feats or 3rd level spell)

4 rogue (gets evasion, 6d6 sneak attack dice, venomed blades, damage boost, +3 seeker, and up to 20% doublestrike with killer from assassin)

5 arti (gets??? buff spells, feat and a ranged option I guess. Maybe the glancing blows enhancement in BE will apply to THF even though it says hand and a half.)

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Reply #11 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
The plan is to go BF in harmor with greatswords (waiting on 20th VoN to get SoS), so rogue and monk are out, but cleric/FVS is possible.

I'm liking the look of the 5 wizard option, though; it seems like they are both roughly similar in their actual benefits, but Tenser's looks cool Smiley

-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #12 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
Look at kotc cores and think twice if anything mentioned is better than that.
Besides, pally trees are so good, you won't have points to spend, especially with BF racial tree investment.

IP Logged

nicetrybutimjesus
Korthos Resident

drama?

Reply #13 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 11:40pm
Print Post  
i have done a tempest swashbuckler build, the dodge from tempest stacks with regular dodge so i was able to sustain 55 percent dodge in combat, tempest works with all fighting styles, not just twf

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Reply #14 - Feb 1st, 2015 at 1:31am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 11:28pm:
Look at kotc cores and think twice if anything mentioned is better than that.
Besides, pally trees are so good, you won't have points to spend, especially with BF racial tree investment.

Meh, pally trees aren't so hot on BF.

19 Racial
13 SD
34 EK
14 KotC

But you're right, that is pretty tight. 5 Cleric maybe?

19 Racial
24 SD
15 WP
22 KotC

Edit: Then I noticed that basically none of the level 3 cleric spells do anything for a BF, so... FVS? Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2015 at 1:32am by Feynman »  

-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint