Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) "uber builds" if such a thing exists (Read 22561 times)
Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Re: "uber builds" if such a thing exists
Reply #25 - Apr 30th, 2015 at 12:47am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Apr 30th, 2015 at 12:28am:
I forgot to mention Race: Warforged.

Hey now!

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #26 - Apr 30th, 2015 at 12:54am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Apr 30th, 2015 at 12:28am:
I forgot to mention Race: Warforged.

Warforged is no more a race than Pontiac.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

nicetrybutimjesus
Korthos Resident

drama?

Reply #27 - May 6th, 2015 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
tree, wolf and divine might barb

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #28 - May 6th, 2015 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 29th, 2015 at 1:05pm:
For the first time since I came back and probably for 12 months before I quit, I had a pugger on Khyber who equaled me on kills (the last pug to do so was Tethx in an EE Servants).

This was on a VON 1-4 EE for bravery bonus. I was 25, in my new Shuriken build (13 Ro/3Monk/4 Ranger) in LD. The pugger was an 18 Rogue/2 Arty with a repeater and a rune arm, also running LD. I believe was has 25 also, since he was in my BB group for Vons. 

Considering its been over a year since a guildy or a pug equaled or beat me on kills in a quest (non-raid, since those have different requirements and roles then just facesmashing EE quests) and it was the arguably one of Khybers greatest players and builders in history (Teth at the time was a 12Fvs/something shiradi spammer with BB), I guess my Shuriken builds are uber builds.

So apparently, was this 18Rogue/2Arty repeater build.

I pasted a Teth death in my bio from a time I pugged with him. I can't even remember the circumstances. But, it was notable.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #29 - May 6th, 2015 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Are the Shuriken builds still good? I never did one. But, it sounded fun.

Also, where does a monkcher fit into the

Barb>Wolf>Pally>...

What about a shiradi sorc?

Just trying to catch up. I've been away a while.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #30 - May 6th, 2015 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
nicetrybutimjesus wrote on May 6th, 2015 at 8:02pm:
divine might barb

Why would anyone consider a multiclass barb a top build when the capstone adds 100+ damage per swing?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #31 - May 6th, 2015 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on May 6th, 2015 at 8:48pm:
Are the Shuriken builds still good? I never did one. But, it sounded fun.

Also, where does a monkcher fit into the

Barb>Wolf>Pally>...

What about a shiradi sorc?

Just trying to catch up. I've been away a while.

Every ranged build got a nice buff in the last update. Monkcher is still second rate though IMO. Shiradi too.

Shurikens OTOH are excellent. Repeaters too.

There's a bunch of ways to do shuriken, but this my current build:

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1427180132

Repeater build:

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1428810580/11#11

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - May 7th, 2015 at 1:27am
Print Post  
monkcher can still kill cabal red named in 3 seconds. burst dps is amazing still.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #33 - May 7th, 2015 at 6:59am
Print Post  
Blitzing repeater does probably more damage in the long run , because monkcher requires mobs/spawns/quest knowledge and constant ips positioning.
I'd say it plays completely different than other "dps" toons.
Some "cc" with paralyze/tendon slice/pin/cripple from 20 - 28.
Quick vulnerability.
Dangerous mobs, champs, orange named instagibs.
And on demand boss or miniboss damage. Especially if it's possible to get some AF stacks. You can get 19 - 20k per single Fury arrow. 35-38k 19-20 arrows on helpless.
It's brilliant to play with someone that can provide some cc and mass thrash deaths - like a palemaster.
Or someone that can get initial boss attention.
Then the archer really shines.

It's weaker than my pally. Depends on perspective though. There are people that can't even mouse click haste boost or ever scroll tenser. Never have displace clickies, turn with keyboards and have situational awareness of blind monkey with adhd.
So easy mode for 5 years olds pally gameplay might be either boring or awesome.
And more complex gameplay toon might be either frustrating or exhausting but fun.

« Last Edit: May 7th, 2015 at 7:00am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #34 - May 7th, 2015 at 7:01am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on May 6th, 2015 at 9:26pm:
Why would anyone consider a multiclass barb a top build when the capstone adds 100+ damage per swing?

This, capstone is no brainer. I tried the 18/1/1 splash and oh boy what a mistake...

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #35 - May 7th, 2015 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Too much retarded and less brain here. I am done.

Quote:
This, capstone is no brainer. I tried the 18/1/1 splash and oh boy what a mistake...

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #36 - May 7th, 2015 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Shuriken build to end all Shuriken builds:

13 Rogue/3Monk/4Ranger (or fighter for feats and add 2 more Rogue, basically a toss up)

ToEE set, max SA damage, 176 Ranged Power in LD, T5 Mech, Halfing for Crit Range, etc. This is my build on Live on my main and it is preposterous. I like to take Halfling Healing Mark since you're deep in Half trree anyway, ups survivability a bit and allows you mostly to not twist cocoon except for some raids (Abbot water is a bitch). Run in DC or LD, both are excellent. Dont forget Imp SA epic feat, it's eqv to like 12 SA dice now with 150% RP scaling to SA dice

Alternative that is roughly similar but trades massive RP enhanced SA damage for raw physical damage is:
10 Rogue/8Bard/2Fighter (I like the bard casting, but you only need 3/4 Bard levels for Swash and some nice T4 damage. So you could up the Rogue or swap out fighter completely for something you like better). DC is the most DPS in my calcs for this build, as the threat range is a bigger boost to builds with higher crit multi's (x3 from Swash). You cannot use the new Set Bonus for this build which is sadface but it's still tops DPS.

Both of the builds, to the best of my calculations on a giant spreadsheet are significantly more DPS than any form of 20 Monk pure thrower.

The best form of 20 Monk thrower however would use the ToEE set, need at least 42 Wisdom, and run in Divine Crusader. LD would be better but the 20 Monk just doesn't have enough SA dice or the x3 Crit to make the 70RP from Blitz supercede 10% Damage Bonus in Consecrate or whatever +the crit range.

DC is by far the best destiny for the Bard version of thrower because Doubleshot is much more crucial without the Monk extra shuri proc and lack of 10K debuff, and the clicky in DC + the 10%  Enchantment Doubleshot is about 31% Average fulltime Doubleshot.   

« Last Edit: May 7th, 2015 at 2:56pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #37 - May 7th, 2015 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 1:27am:
monkcher can still kill cabal red named in 3 seconds. burst dps is amazing still.

This is objectively true. Monkchers did not lose any of their power in the last update, and were in fact buffed in a number ways with increases to Ranged Power. The fact is, they were already quite far ahead, and they just didn't move up much with the last updates while, while many melee builds were pushed forward a great deal.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #38 - May 7th, 2015 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 2:51pm:
10 Rogue/8Bard/2Fighter (I like the bard casting, but you only need 3/4 Bard levels for Swash and some nice T4 damage. So you could up the Rogue or swap out fighter completely for something you like better).

Thanks. So to check thinking I could swap it out to 10Rog/6Bbn/4Brd or 10Rog/9Brd/1Bbn and be viable? That's tempting for a 3rd life on my chucker.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #39 - May 7th, 2015 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Does blood strength work on Thrown attacks?

That's pretty rad if it did.

Also, I think Crit rage is roughly equivalent to Exploit Weakness on a thrower, though I have not done the math.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #40 - May 7th, 2015 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 3:30pm:
Thanks. So to check thinking I could swap it out to 10Rog/6Bbn/4Brd or 10Rog/9Brd/1Bbn and be viable? That's tempting for a 3rd life on my chucker.

Feats will be your biggest problem. You need halfling for Dex to Damage with Shurikens, Which means you need to take both Shuriken Prof and Shuriken Expertise.

Without the fighter, feats get uglier (like you have to drop metamagics probs), which is fine if you're only 3/4 bard
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2015 at 4:32pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #41 - May 7th, 2015 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 4:27pm:
Does blood strength work on Thrown attacks?

That's pretty rad if it did.

Also, I think Crit rage is roughly equivalent to Exploit Weakness on a thrower, though I have not done the math.

Pretty sure it does! That's why I'm musing it - I like good defense for soloing.

Yeah that seems about right, gut feel, having played around with the enhancements on iconic test builds.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #42 - May 7th, 2015 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 4:32pm:
Feats will be your biggest problem. You need halfling for Dex to Damage with Shurikens, Which means you need to take both Shuriken Prof and Shuriken Expertise.

Without the fighter, feats get uglier (like you have to drop metamagics probs), which is fine if you're only 3/4 bard

Hmm, good point. I'll look at the feats but yeah I could drop some and not lose sleep over them being absent - the base will be plenty good enough damage for my needs anyway.

The latter build with the 9 Bard & 1 Barb is for run speed flavour (I'll miss Monk levels) so I don't mind pewpewing a bit as I enjoy the whizzing around. More Bard might be a nice change of pace too. Hmm.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - May 9th, 2015 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on May 6th, 2015 at 8:33pm:
I pasted a Teth death in my bio from a time I pugged with him. I can't even remember the circumstances. But, it was notable.

Sad

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #44 - May 10th, 2015 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 2:51pm:
Shuriken build to end all Shuriken builds:

13 Rogue/3Monk/4Ranger (or fighter for feats and add 2 more Rogue, basically a toss up)

ToEE set, max SA damage, 176 Ranged Power in LD, T5 Mech, Halfing for Crit Range, etc. This is my build on Live on my main and it is preposterous. I like to take Halfling Healing Mark since you're deep in Half trree anyway, ups survivability a bit and allows you mostly to not twist cocoon except for some raids (Abbot water is a bitch). Run in DC or LD, both are excellent. Dont forget Imp SA epic feat, it's eqv to like 12 SA dice now with 150% RP scaling to SA dice

Alternative that is roughly similar but trades massive RP enhanced SA damage for raw physical damage is:
10 Rogue/8Bard/2Fighter (I like the bard casting, but you only need 3/4 Bard levels for Swash and some nice T4 damage. So you could up the Rogue or swap out fighter completely for something you like better). DC is the most DPS in my calcs for this build, as the threat range is a bigger boost to builds with higher crit multi's (x3 from Swash). You cannot use the new Set Bonus for this build which is sadface but it's still tops DPS.

Both of the builds, to the best of my calculations on a giant spreadsheet are significantly more DPS than any form of 20 Monk pure thrower.

The best form of 20 Monk thrower however would use the ToEE set, need at least 42 Wisdom, and run in Divine Crusader. LD would be better but the 20 Monk just doesn't have enough SA dice or the x3 Crit to make the 70RP from Blitz supercede 10% Damage Bonus in Consecrate or whatever +the crit range.

DC is by far the best destiny for the Bard version of thrower because Doubleshot is much more crucial without the Monk extra shuri proc and lack of 10K debuff, and the clicky in DC + the 10%  Enchantment Doubleshot is about 31% Average fulltime Doubleshot.   

Am thinking shadar-kai. What do you think of sniper-shot in lieu of the halfling crit enhancements?

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #45 - May 10th, 2015 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
lostthenloved wrote on Apr 29th, 2015 at 9:04am:
okay so after playing my dwarven defender for a while i have heard it called an "uber build" and i'm looking for other "uber builds" to study, I've spent many hours on google and all i have found is the steel shrine build, so i'm wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction, a variety of builds (yours or otherwise) that are capable of soloing EE quests but also stand out in a party, kinda the best of the best so to speak. i don't need details, just the general direction to look.  other builds i have heard of are the tree and the swf druid ranger deal.

Anything with bladeforged (4 paladin) and an esos or (drow warhammer) for TRs.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #46 - May 11th, 2015 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on May 9th, 2015 at 11:10am:
Sad

Grin Grin

Cheesy

A guildie of mine and I talked about that a bunch, and it became an inside joke.

We'd say stuff like, "ooh, you died!? Teth wouldn't have died there." Etc. Or, "even Teth wouldn't have been able to handle all that aggro."

We are dumb.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #47 - May 11th, 2015 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on May 10th, 2015 at 11:15pm:
Am thinking shadar-kai. What do you think of sniper-shot in lieu of the halfling crit enhancements?

I think they aren't comparable. Sniper shot gives you roughly 8% damage increase if you use EXACTLY every 6 seconds it is off cooldown. My math was done based on maxed throwing speed (~1.3 throws per second), meaning 12% of your throws utilize Sniper shot benefits.

Halfling crit range adds 10% damage, no matter what all of the time. Its definitely better than sniper shot, but obviously both complement each other well. If you're just trying to get lives out of the way or level up a new character quickly using an iconic, Shadar Kai would be fine, but only for the Monk version, as you wont have dex to damage otherwise.

IP Logged

AngryKobold
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - May 12th, 2015 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 6:11pm:
Pretty sure it does! That's why I'm musing it - I like good defense for soloing.

Yeah that seems about right, gut feel, having played around with the enhancements on iconic test builds.

So I randomly tried barb/bard assling shuri this life on my experimental thrower. Crit rage and blood strength definitely work - mostly doing it for a barb life. Interesting build, not bad, would be amazing if warchanter rage would trigger the barb enhancements, but it doesn't. I would not recommend this build - rage of course gets in the way of all the scrolls and what not.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #49 - May 12th, 2015 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 6:59am:
blind monkey with adhd

Sadly, blindness would improve their ability to focus. What you're after is a blind pot-smoking monkey.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint