Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Centered Thief-Acrobat (Read 13824 times)
Ash
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Centered Thief-Acrobat
Reply #25 - May 9th, 2015 at 11:08am
Print Post  
The first big problem with both of those builds is that they are robots.  Ever since the Healing Amp change last fall there has been very little reason not to play a fleshy.

Relying on only Recon every 6 sec for healing is a weakness compared to the many sources of positive healing availble to fleshies.  Add to the fact that to get the damage boost it costs 16 AP on a BF, versus 1 AP on a human and the scales tip even further for human. 

Additionally, in both cases I don't see Weapon Attachment, and Improved PA even getting close to making up for 20% double strike (cartwheel) and 10 Melee power (nimbleness) in the offensive side.

If you are looking for a defensive version of what I posted.. Zoda posted a good idea on the mother forums.

Switch to Earth Stance, and instead of investing into Ninja Spy, invest into Shinto -- shave off 6 AP somewhere (might need to lose Vault) and pick up 15 PRR from Iron Skin.  You can also twist in 15 more PRR from Standing with Stone for a total of +45 PRR, which puts you at 150 standing, 200 when using SSW.

The DPS loss with Earth Stance is far less than it is with either of the robots.. and the Human using Earth stance is better defensively as well.  If you guys want me to break down the Defensive variant let me know, I should be able to do it pretty quickly.

The Zeus build was good when it was built, but as with most things in DDO.. it has not gotten better with age.
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2015 at 11:12am by Ash »  

IP Logged

Ash
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - May 9th, 2015 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Quick question.. I notice Haek took "Lightning Mace out of LD.

I didn't bother on mine as it is typed "morale bonus" to double strike and shouldn't stack with quick strikes.

Does anyone know if it is stacking?  If it is working, it might be worthwhile to pick it up.

« Last Edit: May 9th, 2015 at 11:12am by Ash »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - May 9th, 2015 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Ash wrote on May 9th, 2015 at 11:08am:
The DPS loss with Earth Stance is far less than it is with either of the robots.. and the Human using Earth stance is better defensively as well.  If you guys want me to break down the Defensive variant let me know, I should be able to do it pretty quickly.

there arent many healing options on fleshies aside sf pots and cocoon. recon still beats those by landslide. robots can also pick up shintao and twist stand stone while in earth stance. much better defensively. then pack on wf traits on top of it. everything a fleshie build does the robot build gets more in terms of defense.

Ash wrote on May 9th, 2015 at 11:10am:
I didn't bother on mine as it is typed "morale bonus" to double strike and shouldn't stack with quick strikes.

wiki says enhancement bonus for lightning mace. might have been changed now to morale.

edit: ap would like this;
http://i.imgur.com/s1FchsX.png
http://i.imgur.com/NeTv0WC.png
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2015 at 4:06pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #28 - May 9th, 2015 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Ash wrote on May 9th, 2015 at 11:10am:
Quick question.. I notice Haek took "Lightning Mace out of LD.

Does anyone know if it is stacking?  If it is working, it might be worthwhile to pick it up.

I have both and worked fine just the other day, lightning mace doesn't seem to proc very often for me. I will go check right now. *edit* Yeah quick strikes and lightning mace double strike still stacks.
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2015 at 3:57pm by Who Cares »  

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Ash
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - May 10th, 2015 at 1:14am
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on May 9th, 2015 at 3:49pm:
I have both and worked fine just the other day, lightning mace doesn't seem to proc very often for me. I will go check right now. *edit* Yeah quick strikes and lightning mace double strike still stacks.

Cool, thank you for checking.

I'll need to think on it. I know it is only on Crits, but going to 95% double strike every once in a while could be fun.  Then again the trade-off will likely be 4 seeker.

« Last Edit: May 10th, 2015 at 1:15am by Ash »  

IP Logged

Ash
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - May 10th, 2015 at 1:18am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 9th, 2015 at 3:41pm:

Your giving up a considerable amount of DPS to get that to work.  Yes, your PRR will be higher, but with the diminishing returns to PRR I personally don't think it is worth it.

Then again, the game is so easy these days it really doesn't matter.  If you like Robots, got for it.. I am sure it will work fine -- just not something I would do.

I would highly suggest you find at least 2 AP for Spinning Staff Shield and 2 AP for Fist of Iron
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2015 at 1:19am by Ash »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - May 10th, 2015 at 1:41am
Print Post  
Ash wrote on May 10th, 2015 at 1:18am:
I would highly suggest you find at least 2 AP for Spinning Staff Shield and 2 AP for Fist of Iron

the ap had 1 left over(79 spent), can relocate one from max dex bonus in stalwart to free up 2 for spinning. iron fist is dope although there is already like 8 activated attacks on the build in LD.

Ash wrote on May 10th, 2015 at 1:18am:
Then again, the game is so easy these days it really doesn't matter.  If you like Robots, got for it.. I am sure it will work fine -- just not something I would do.

agreed. just something to consider if the game ever required something so defensive. and might be easier for newer players to use.

either way your dex build has the dps stick title ;p
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2015 at 1:42am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #32 - May 12th, 2015 at 7:37am
Print Post  
What staves for iconic lives ? From 14 - 23.
Never liked stick combat but thinking of giving this a try.

Oh, and Lightning mace seems to be doing fuck all - I have pure sun elf fvs with Sireth getting some martial lives ( lol don't ask ).

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #33 - May 12th, 2015 at 8:13am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on May 12th, 2015 at 7:37am:

1) Lit2 stick with 2 addy rituals
2) Min2 stick so it doesn't break after 2 swings (Force crit or force damage ritual)
3) Fully upgraded dreamspitter, lvl14
3) Rahl's might at lvl18 (force version if you can find) slash, pierce and bludgeon damage type.
4) Stout Oak walking stick at lvl20 (Villager comm - turn ins)
5) Epic Souleater is nice, but Stout Oak stick is much much better Smiley

IP Logged

Ash
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - May 12th, 2015 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on May 12th, 2015 at 7:37am:

Oh, and Lightning mace seems to be doing fuck all - I have pure sun elf fvs with Sireth getting some martial lives ( lol don't ask ).

For levels 14-23 I used the following Q-staffs:

lvl 11 - GS (triple pos)
lvl 14 - Breeze
lvl 16 - Alchemical (tier 1 Earth)
lvl 20 - Stout Oak

Oh and make sure you Addy ritual your staves, unless you want to be running back to town to repair after every quest.

IP Logged

WelloveLLamas
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - May 12th, 2015 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Seems like you both missed out on probably the best 18-23 qstaff available. http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Bone_Crusher

IP Logged

Ash
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - May 12th, 2015 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
WelloveLLamas wrote on May 12th, 2015 at 2:04pm:
Seems like you both missed out on probably the best 18-23 qstaff available. http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Bone_Crusher

True.. but then I would need to run that content Smiley  (really didn't care for that update)

Same thing with Elemental Bloom.. the lvl 7 version of that is likely best in slot until lvl 20 if not 23... but good luck in pulling it.

IP Logged

SmokeMonster
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - May 13th, 2015 at 7:55am
Print Post  
Ash wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 8:01pm:
Str: 34/89-- (13 base +6 tome +2 Completionist +1 GoTIB +8 item +2 ship +2 Lasting / +4 Tenser’s)

Now how did you get that 89, maybe there's just something im not understanding.

IP Logged

SmokeMonster
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - May 13th, 2015 at 8:03am
Print Post  
Ash wrote on May 7th, 2015 at 8:01pm:
Healing Amp: 315% ((30 pally PLs + 60 Shroud + 40 Bracers +45 Exceptional +20 guild +20 Human) +100) / 100

are you getting that +20 guild bonus from the House J healer or is that one of the airship amenities because for me the house J healer healing amp bonus doesn't seem to have any affect.

edit: just looked it up on my phone(am on a school computer so ddowiki is blocked) and it is a +10% healing amp from the Bath House amenity, although it still doesn't say that it is a guild bonus but one would assume that some bloke just left out that detail.
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2015 at 8:07am by SmokeMonster »  

IP Logged

Ash
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - May 13th, 2015 at 10:07am
Print Post  
SmokeMonster wrote on May 13th, 2015 at 7:55am:
Now how did you get that 89, maybe there's just something im not understanding.

Wow, that is a funny typo.  It should read 38 (as the math shows), It should be fixed now

IP Logged

Ash
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - May 13th, 2015 at 10:09am
Print Post  
SmokeMonster wrote on May 13th, 2015 at 8:03am:
are you getting that +20 guild bonus from the House J healer or is that one of the airship amenities because for me the house J healer healing amp bonus doesn't seem to have any affect.

edit: just looked it up on my phone(am on a school computer so ddowiki is blocked) and it is a +10% healing amp from the Bath House amenity, although it still doesn't say that it is a guild bonus but one would assume that some bloke just left out that detail.

They doubled all the bonuses when they changed the healing amp formula.  So, the bathhouse now gives +20 vs the old 10%.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #41 - May 13th, 2015 at 11:23am
Print Post  
SmokeMonster wrote on May 13th, 2015 at 8:03am:
am on a school computer so ddowiki is blocked

Heh.  The wiki is blocked but the Vault isn't.

Computers are awesome.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #42 - May 13th, 2015 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on May 13th, 2015 at 11:23am:
he wiki is blocked but the Vault isn't.

i get the same thing - wiki and ddo forums r blocked but the vault (which has da best BS ingame around) is available 24/7 at work

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #43 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Hey Ash

Thanks for posting this build, it helped a lot to decide what to do with mine. Acrobat is my favorite melee build, i have tried other variations like 11/6/3 rogue, barbarian, fighter (terrible synergy) and 14/3/3 rogue, paladin, monk which was great fun.

I'm playing this split as a halfling with a few changes in feats.
I have to agree with taking 18 rogue, the 4th core helps amazingly, i don't know why i never thought of it in the first place.
I have a few questions though.  Is it not better to twist glancing blow "effects" instead of damage, as in to increase effect proc of your weapon (Sireth)?  I saw good results on my previous life cranking them up.
Also, what does SSW stand for?

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint