Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Need help finding build (Read 4633 times)
Stump-Fu Master
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Need help finding build
Jun 24th, 2015 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
I've searched the forums repeatedly, dug thru pages of threads, and I'm asking for help.

A few days ago, I saw a paladin build that was "unkillable", some uber concoction with healing strikes and such.

I have no vocabulary for this game yet, so reading thru some of these threads is like trying to decipher the Janglish at work. Thanks in advance for the assist.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Need help finding build
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Stump-Fu Master wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 3:37pm:
a paladin build that was "unkillable", some uber concoction with healing strikes and such.

need more than that to go on. did you examine his class split? asked person for build? was he 2wf or thf or swf or S&B? What destiny were they in, if any? heroic levels?

presumably either ameliorating strikes from fvs/cleric tier 4 warpriest enhancement. Or on kill heal with divine crusader destiny using no remorse. maybe a mix dual wielding nightmare, the fallen moon

a pally wouldnt need any of the above to be unkillable, tbh. lay on hands and csw/cmw with pally hamp and devotion augment/item is more than enough. get displace clickies from shroud. dance in spells and on traps. go nuts.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2015 at 3:50pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Reignbeau's "Steel shrine" ( if you search for it on the shithole DDO forums ) has Amelie strike. Plus Crusader stuff.
I don't see the point of splashing fvs and blowing 22 or whatever points on unreliable heal on a class with million ways of reliable healing but it's okay I guess ?

Plus it's PDK, ergo inherently retarded.
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2015 at 8:31am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Ginger_Walri
Titan Demolisher

Fire. Die In It.

Reply #3 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
Stump-Fu Master wrote on Jun 24th, 2015 at 3:37pm:
paladin build that was "unkillable",

So every paladin build ever? Be more specific.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #4 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
Do a con based melle dwarf warlock.
Why bother with palie when you dont even need to fucking heal as that shit

IP Logged

Stump-Fu Master
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 8:26am
Print Post  
The Steel Shrine build was what I remember seeing, could have swore it was on this forum.

I gather from the comments that its not a good build?

I'm first life, VIP account, and have always played a pally tank in WoW, and was looking to replicate it to a degree. Thanks for the help.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 9:25am
Print Post  
15 Paladin 4 Cleric 1 Fighter (or 14 Paladin 4 Cleric 2 Fighter).  Sword and board w/ameriolating strike is freaking unkillable. 

And you can PDK, Morninglord, or Bladeforge it if starting at 1 (or 4 or 7) irks you.

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #7 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 7:17am
Print Post  
Stump-Fu Master wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 8:26am:
I'm first life, VIP account, and have always played a pally tank in WoW, and was looking to replicate it to a degree. Thanks for the help.

The MMO holy trinity concept doesn't really apply to DDO, so if you try and build characters with that concept in mind then you may end up being disappointed.

Having said that, as others in this thread have stated, pretty much any pally is fairly unkillable in DDO at the moment. You can't really go wrong with it. Easiest build to start with (and a good one for learning about the game) would be a simple 20 paladin, THF, Capstone in KoTC and filler points in Defender and Human.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
totally wrote on Jun 26th, 2015 at 7:17am:
The MMO holy trinity concept doesn't really apply to DDO, so if you try and build characters with that concept in mind then you may end up being disappointed.

Having said that, as others in this thread have stated, pretty much any pally is fairly unkillable in DDO at the moment. You can't really go wrong with it. Easiest build to start with (and a good one for learning about the game) would be a simple 20 paladin, THF, Capstone in KoTC and filler points in Defender and Human.

Yes, you can't really go wrong with 20 Paladin for starter's.  There's 2 legit ways to build them with DPS and defenses to spare.

IP Logged

Stump-Fu Master
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 9:11am
Print Post  
I appreciate all the feedback. I had started to gather that tanking as I am accustomed to doesn't work here.

Thanks

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jun 29th, 2015 at 9:47am
Print Post  
Stump-Fu Master wrote on Jun 29th, 2015 at 9:11am:
I appreciate all the feedback. I had started to gather that tanking as I am accustomed to doesn't work here.

Thanks

very rarely needed. only times would be raids. even then better to let kiter kite, unless the boss is absolutely more dangerous when being kited around(think storm reaver in fot with his boom).

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #11 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 3:27am
Print Post  
"Steel-Shrine" is a good tank when raiding with stupid aka pugging. As long as the other melees stay in the aoe heals hardly anything can go wrong. If you want to do more then raid tanking in pugs I would pick a paladin build with a higher damage-output.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Stump-Fu Master
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 8:58am
Print Post  
string table error, tableDID wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 3:27am:
"Steel-Shrine" is a good tank when raiding with stupid aka pugging. As long as the other melees stay in the aoe heals hardly anything can go wrong. If you want to do more then raid tanking in pugs I would pick a paladin build with a higher damage-output.

Thats what I've been discovering. I went Sword & Board to start, but the DPS output was abysmal. I solo a lot and it was killing me how slow things died, so I picked up some ranger levels and retrained some feats. Must say, its much more enjoyable.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #13 - Jul 3rd, 2015 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2015 at 11:20pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #14 - Jul 5th, 2015 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
Vanguard has maximum defensive capabilities for a paladin. Steelshrine build had evasion. (Which is only needed for Miorr really.)

Any vanguard that drops lvl 18 and 20 cores takes a major dps loss. Don't go Steelshrine: go pure.

Will masturbate a bit with an outline of a build......

1) DAxe proficiency with full THF feats.
2) LD. (Headman's chop.)
3) Pick up shield cleave and 1st cleave in KoTC.

Human of course for feat + 20% damage boost

For max dps drop Sacred stance, pick up some madstone boots, grab KtA.

Am running this atm while we farm ToEE and dick around in MoD
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2015 at 10:54pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint