Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) So I just walked through a Von epic (Read 17941 times)
Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

So I just walked through a Von epic
Jul 4th, 2015 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
I stopped playing around update 9. Has the game been this easy for a while? If so, do they plan on addressing it? I really wanted to start playing again, but after running a gimp TR build through that I don't think I will.

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: So I just walked through a Von epic
Reply #1 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Erm, no.  This is what we all want.  EZ epics.  Lots of XP Farming.  Each update pushing the power creep a little further...

Fun, right?

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
Wait for the Fallout 4 expansion, you'll be much happier Wink

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #3 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
have you tried a lower difficulty setting

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Scrybe wrote on Jul 4th, 2015 at 12:23pm:
Erm, no.  This is what we all want.  EZ epics.  Lots of XP Farming.  Each update pushing the power creep a little further...

Fun, right?

This has been the case for a while Sad

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #5 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
VON is not exactly hard though, is it? Tried anything a bit tastier yet?

(Yes, EDs made everything at 20+ easier.)

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #6 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Last time they added something to make the game harder than what it is ( namely crowned champion ) so many people whined that it was too hard that they had to neuter the crowned champions... the first few days they were out was like good old time... you had to be careful in quests or you were going to get your ass handled.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
And now we have the outcry of HE ToEE for the masses to bitch about.   Can't win.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #8 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 4th, 2015 at 2:17pm:
Last time they added something to make the game harder than what it is ( namely crowned champion ) so many people whined that it was too hard that they had to neuter the crowned champions... the first few days they were out was like good old time... you had to be careful in quests or you were going to get your ass handled.

That was a fun 2 days.

I think the mimic event was a passive-aggressive payback for having to nerf champions.
« Last Edit: Jul 4th, 2015 at 6:28pm by Revaulting »  

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Urgh.  Mimic event blew chunks.  I'm actually all for having mimics be an actual part of questing.  Have a 1% chance of any chest be a mimic.  Because why not.  Giving fucking random-ass cards for mostly-worthless pieces of random-ass junk is like paying a hooker to give you AIDS.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #10 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Scrybe wrote on Jul 4th, 2015 at 6:56pm:
Giving fucking random-ass cards for mostly-worthless pieces of random-ass junk is like paying a hooker to give you AIDS.

... via blood-transfusion.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 8:06pm
Print Post  

champs was and is one of the stupidest things they ever did. it only punishes melee builds. ranged and casters never have to deal with fort bypass/true seeing/adrenaline.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jul 4th, 2015 at 6:26pm:
I think the mimic event was a passive-aggressive payback for having to nerf champions.

Ha!

IP Logged

SirValentine
Korthos Resident

Never.

Reply #13 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 4th, 2015 at 8:06pm:
champs was and is one of the stupidest things they ever did. it only punishes melee builds. ranged and casters never have to deal with fort bypass/true seeing/adrenaline.

or deathblock

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
SirValentine wrote on Jul 4th, 2015 at 11:33pm:
or deathblock

what?

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #15 - Jul 5th, 2015 at 1:17am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 4th, 2015 at 11:38pm:
what?

what part of "casters never have to deal with deathblock" did not you understand ?

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #16 - Jul 5th, 2015 at 1:57am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 4th, 2015 at 8:06pm:
champs was and is one of the stupidest things they ever did.

Oh I agree... I always said that the idea ( making quests harder ) was good, but the implementation ( crowned mob with silly buffs ) sucked.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jul 5th, 2015 at 2:13am
Print Post  
Champion can go fuck themselves. 95% of my deaths these days are because of some champion two-shotting me, and all they've done is reinforce the dominance that ranged/caster builds have enjoyed for far too long.

@original subject, VoN is one of the easier epics. Try ToEE or Necro 4 or something for a more challenging EE

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Jul 5th, 2015 at 2:39am
Print Post  
CosmicCharlie wrote on Jul 5th, 2015 at 1:17am:
what part of "casters never have to deal with deathblock" did not you understand ?

deathblock doesnt matter for melee. The list of abilities i posted above do hinder melee. I was confused why anyone would bring up deathblock.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #19 - Jul 5th, 2015 at 4:44am
Print Post  

Ah sorry I missed that!

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #20 - Jul 5th, 2015 at 4:46am
Print Post  
Quote:
Champion can go fuck themselves. 95% of my deaths these days are because of some champion two-shotting me, and all they've done is reinforce the dominance that ranged/caster builds have enjoyed for far too long.

@original subject, VoN is one of the easier epics. Try ToEE or Necro 4 or something for a more challenging EE

Haha, really? My casters are shiradi boring or shit compared to melee these days. I've had no problems with champions on any of the melee builds I've run lately. You can heal as quick as they can hit...

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #21 - Jul 5th, 2015 at 5:12am
Print Post  
Depends what you mean by melee.
Some champs like gargoyles, shadarkai, harpies hit really hard on 200 prr pally. Earth elly in toee 1, champ hezrous in part 2 or fire elly rare in part 1 or red named ogre commander are just retarded - how do you attack those on a rogue or lighter armour build like ranger perhaps ?
Or fort bypassing champion cr 73 toee archer.

It's not really that fun. Stupid encounters like that, I'd simply bring another character, that's it.

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jul 5th, 2015 at 5:44am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 5th, 2015 at 1:57am:
Oh I agree... I always said that the idea ( making quests harder ) was good, but the implementation ( crowned mob with silly buffs ) sucked.

The crown just makes the game look childish, especially when the mobs are pretending to be invisible.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Jul 5th, 2015 at 5:59am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Jul 5th, 2015 at 4:46am:
Haha, really? My casters are shiradi boring or shit compared to melee these days. I've had no problems with champions on any of the melee builds I've run lately. You can heal as quick as they can hit...

It's not uncommon to see monster champions in endgame EE content hitting for 300, 400 each on a decently-PRed character, and since they usually come in groups, you'll have to eat that damage + what everything else is throwing at you. Best solution to me seems to not have to deal with the damage, i.e. be ranged or caster, or to be a paladin because those are the only real viable endgame melee characters right now. If you're melee, your only hope is to get an absurd amount of PRR/HP/Healing... and the most efficient way to do that is paladin. And even if you are a paladin...

Wipe wrote on Jul 5th, 2015 at 5:12am:
Some champs like gargoyles, shadarkai, harpies hit really hard on 200 prr pally. Earth elly in toee 1, champ hezrous in part 2 or fire elly rare in part 1 or red named ogre commander are just retarded - how do you attack those on a rogue or lighter armour build like ranger perhaps ?
Or fort bypassing champion cr 73 toee archer.

It's not really that fun. Stupid encounters like that, I'd simply bring another character, that's it.

So yeah, even if you can survive these encounters on, say, a paladin... what about other melee builds? I know that in heroics, you can run melee rangers, rogues, ninja monks, unarmed monks, kensei THF or TWF fighters, hell TWF barbarians even, bastard sword artificers, eldritch knight fighters, and all sorts of other builds. Even if the heroic game is easy, you can't deny that it allows for greater build diversity, and that IMO is one of the shining points of DDO.

Endgame content is a turnoff for me because it fucks over what is otherwise a decent system in heroic. Very few builds are viable in the current endgame (and even less melee builds), and it's been like this for a long time now.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #24 - Jul 5th, 2015 at 6:22am
Print Post  
You don't need to toe to toe everything even if you're melee. That's tactics, isn't that what EE is/should be about? If I'm soloing something hard on a squishy, I change up my tactics.

My response if I'm getting hit for 300-400 is to work on not getting hit, mitigating it better, building HP or healing quicker. Or any number of other things dependent on the quest.

Most complaints about difficulty spikes in the game seem to be about wanting to just beat down your way through a quest. I agree something that twats for 300 a pop should not be common, but a few peppered here and there makes things interesting. I'd also like to see mobs with decent HA and more interesting self heals.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint