Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) R.I.P. Arcane Archers (Read 10087 times)
[]
Madame President

R.I.P. Arcane Archers
Oct 16th, 2015 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Proposed Change to Manyshot: from 4 arrows per shot to a formula that distributes EITHER 2 or 3 for an average of 2.41

Dev Calculations.

Now:
MS = 20 sec * 4 arrows/sec = 80
10k = 60 sec * 2.75 arrows/sec = 165
Nothing = 25 sec * 1 arrow/sec + 15 sec * 1.29 arrows/sec = 44
Total 289

Proposed (using Tensors for full bab, which is annoying so kindly change that to char level):
MS = 20 * 2.41 = 48
10k = 60 * 1.89 = 113
Nothing = 40 * 1.29 = 52
Total 213

you nigger faggots have no idea how bad this is for ranged builds.  if they implement this gay, jew, cuckolding, the adrenaline charged slayer arrows, whose damage gets applied to 4 arrows on every burst when manyshoting, will now only get applied to 2.41 arrows: that's an immediate DPS decrease of 44%.  If they nerf slayer arrow on top of this (they already said they would), that's going to tip the scales to well over a 50% drop in DPS (assuming they take only 6% damage off of slaying arrows, which they won't; it'll be more than that) and represent the single biggest nerfing, not just in ddo, but in video game history! 

no one, in any game, ever, has taken so many quality builds and just chucked them in the trash heap in a hearbeat.  this is the most authoritarian, heavy handed, "we just don't like that some people are uber" approach to video game management that I have ever seen: it reeks of incompetence (or they wouldn't be forced into a series of such drastic changes, endless patches, multiple hotfixes, etc.) and a lack of long-term planning (they literally have their heads completely up their asses.)  the funny thing is, those mathmetically illiterate assholes think they're dropping ranged DPS by "only 26.3%" because they have absolutely no command of basic arithmetic.  we're not talking equations here, were talking basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.  the developers are obviously products of a public education system that has failed to teach even minimal competence in math, and now ddo players are paying the price.

this "balancing" act is full of aids and fail; i really with the devs would drink bleach instead of fucking with the game evey 5 mins. "just because."
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2015 at 1:20pm by [] »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: R.I.P. Arcane Archers
Reply #1 - Oct 16th, 2015 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Oct 16th, 2015 at 1:20pm:
Proposed Change to Manyshot: from 4 arrows per shot to a formula that distributes EITHER 2 or 3 for an average of 2.41

Dev Calculations.

Now:
Nothing = 25 sec * 1 arrow/sec + 15 sec * 1.29 arrows/sec = 44
Total 289

Proposed (using Tensors for full bab, which is annoying so kindly change that to char level):
MS = 20 * 2.41 = 48
10k = 60 * 1.89 = 113
Nothing = 40 * 1.29 = 52
Total 213

you nigger faggots have no idea how bad this is for ranged builds.  if they implement this gay, jew, cuckolding, the adrenaline charged slayer arrows, whose damage gets applied to 4 arrows on every burst when manyshoting, will now only get applied to 2.41 arrows: that's an immediate DPS decrease of 44%.  If they nerf slayer arrow on top of this (they already said they would), that's going to tip the scales to well over a 50% drop in DPS (assuming they take only 6% damage off of slaying arrows, which they won't; it'll be more than that) and represent the single biggest nerfing, not just in ddo, but in video game history! 

no one, in any game, ever, has taken so many quality builds and just chucked them in the trash heap in a hearbeat.  this is the most authoritarian, heavy handed, "we just don't like that some people are uber" approach to video game management that I have ever seen: it reeks of incompetence (or they wouldn't be forced into a series of such drastic changes, endless patches, multiple hotfixes, etc.) and a lack of long-term planning (they literally have their heads completely up their asses.)  the funny thing is, those mathmetically illiterate assholes think they're dropping ranged DPS by "only 26.3%" because they have absolutely no command of basic arithmetic.  we're not talking equations here, were talking basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.  the developers are obviously products of a public education system that has failed to teach even minimal competence in math, and now ddo players are paying the price.

this "balancing" act is full of aids and fail; i really with the devs would drink bleach instead of fucking with the game evey 5 mins. "just because."

The resulting arrows will be significantly less, no doubt.  Although that math shown is pretty weak.  Doubleshot can easily be 47%  (10% epic feat, 20% DWS or AA or Kensai, 9% 3 E-PL's, 8% quiver) and as high as 70-75%

Now:
Nothing = 25 sec * 1 arrow/sec + 15 sec * 1.47 arrows/sec = 47
Total 292

MS = 20 * 2.59 = 52
10k = 60 * 2.17 = 130
Nothing = 40 * 1.47 = 59
Total 241

17.5% reduction.

I also don't agree with the:
Quote:
is the most authoritarian, heavy handed, "we just don't like that some people are uber" approach to video game management

because ranged builds were not uber.  Far from it.  They were middling DPS, at best.  They could do some fantastic burst DPS for a few seconds but, outside of that, were really really weak. 

Now, they will say that DPS isn't being nerfed as much as Rate of Fire suggests because they are buffing RP.  And the results look like this:

Now:
Nothing = 25 sec * 1 arrow/sec + 15 sec * 1.47 arrows/sec = 47
Total 292

Proposed:
MS = 20 * 2.59 * 2.12 = 110
10k = 60 * 2.17 * 1.60= 208
Nothing = 40 * 1.47 = 59
Total 377

=29% dps boost. 

Now those numbers are skewed because 1) I didn't include any passive RP, and that will lower the % difference, but we are sticking with simple math here.  and 2) I'm not including any on-proc damage Things such as slayer arrows, mortal fear base damage (Not even the proc), tier 1 TF damage, tier 2 TF crit damage, or any other gear proc effects, ED's, or enhancements that might add damage outside of the base x[W] * RP damage calculation.  3) I'm not including any of the new elemental damage arrows from AA that might improve DPS as well.  I think the net result is probably within 5% of where it s now up or down ove 120 seconds.

The point is that the DPS results aren't as good as they say it is nor are they as bad as you say it is.  With the one special case.  Stacking Manyshot with Adrenaline, Slayer and Helpless and/or IPS to get massive crit numbers in the 10's of thousands.  This is a clear, massive nerf to that play style.  Which, unfortunately, was the predominate play style because, as I mentioned earlier, nothing else was really viable. 

They have clearly decided that this play style is not one they want to support.  And so, they have made a blah DPS option with 1 redeeming playstyle a blah DPS option with no redeeming playstyles.  That's not a solution.  That's a mess.
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2015 at 1:50pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2015 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Another math-impaired retard: what percentage of 4 does 2.41 represent?  I'll give you a hint: 2 would be 50% of 4.

Work it out and show your math.

I got a nice, cold glass of Windex for you; faggot.
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2015 at 1:53pm by [] »  

IP Logged

Endlessorrow
Korthos Resident

All is loss, the taste
of joy has become ashes.

Reply #3 - Oct 16th, 2015 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Hello Uurlock

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2015 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Oct 16th, 2015 at 1:51pm:
Another math-impaired retard: what percentage of 4 does 2.41 represent?  I'll give you a hint: 2 would be 50% of 4.

You clearly have a problem with cogitation. You're welcome to chone any time now.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #5 - Oct 16th, 2015 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
chone?  eat a dick...

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #6 - Oct 16th, 2015 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Inspiring words there from our sponsor.

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Oct 16th, 2015 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
Hey bigot boy, you can leave now. Only a moron feels the need to use those kind of slurs because he is just so angry when one of his builds is impacted, but he isn't smart enough to express it.

Seriously, go away, you racist bullshit sucks almost as much as your math does.

The funny part of course is that there is some real problems with the Manyshot change, but you can't figure out why.

BTW I'm not joking, you should leave, the stupidity that kind of bigotry exposes? your too dumb to live.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #8 - Oct 16th, 2015 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
kiss the tip

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #9 - Oct 16th, 2015 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
RemRemi wrote on Oct 16th, 2015 at 4:52pm:
BTW I'm not joking, you should leave, the stupidity that kind of bigotry exposes? your too dumb to live.

Yup. Someone else just told me in another thread: leave. Ok, I will leave those threads, but fuck you, there's a good bunch of people here talking about this game, you want to resolve your daddy issues? Go punch a wall, or post in the idiot boards designed for you. Seriously, there was a reason why DIAF became an acronym.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #10 - Oct 16th, 2015 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
just the tip, now; don't get carried away.

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Oct 16th, 2015 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Oct 16th, 2015 at 4:56pm:
Me scared of other people, me yell stuff.  Jewish people, brown people make me feel dumdum, me sad, sad bigot. Cry

We know.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #12 - Oct 16th, 2015 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
RemRemi wrote on Oct 16th, 2015 at 4:52pm:

On the contrary, The Vault is saving every other comment site he'd visit from his ignorant bullshit as long as he's here.

We're a bunch of fucktards, but we provide a valuable public service.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #13 - Oct 16th, 2015 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
that's it; munch it.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #14 - Oct 17th, 2015 at 1:52am
Print Post  
totally wrote on Oct 16th, 2015 at 4:06pm:
You're welcome to chone any time now.

well technically he managed to get Vault Banned once... http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1433804935/65#65

With the level he showed in that old thread ( and a few other ones during his meltdown this summer ), he probably can't find the chone button on his forum profile with a pointed procedure, a big blinking light on top of it and a wide angle proctoscope.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #15 - Oct 17th, 2015 at 11:18am
Print Post  
I'm new here.  I'm this, and what's 12?

IP Logged

Clavdivs
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Oct 18th, 2015 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Oct 17th, 2015 at 11:18am:
I'm new here.  I'm this, and what's 12?

Your IQ?

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #17 - Oct 18th, 2015 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
8 posts, lol, look at the new guy.

IP Logged

Coasterhops
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Oct 18th, 2015 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Seriously, if you need Adrenaline + Manyshot + whatever the fuck to feed your epeen or low and behold to actually complete the content in this game then you need to reevaluate.

"ohh look at my big numbers, my big numbers, ohh my big numbers aren't so big, ohhh my big numbers are getting smaller, ohh shit I'm getting small, ohh fuck, ohhh fuck, fuuuckkkk!"

Cry more, get a fucking girlfriend, go outside, chill out!

IP Logged

TheFifthSock
Dragon Raider

Reply #19 - Oct 18th, 2015 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Oct 18th, 2015 at 6:27pm:
8 posts, lol, look at the new guy.

You might want to check join date before making assumptions.

and... Hi Welcome

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #20 - Oct 18th, 2015 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
you remind me of one of my highscool girlfriends.  out school offered some AP psychology course that counted for college credit, she got an A in it, and was never the same again; always analyzing everything.  her name was sally, but i used to call her buttercup (from Princess Bride.) and she used to call me...gargantuan.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Oct 18th, 2015 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Coasterhops wrote on Oct 18th, 2015 at 6:33pm:
go outside

it's dangerous out there

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Endlessorrow
Korthos Resident

All is loss, the taste
of joy has become ashes.

Reply #22 - Oct 18th, 2015 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Oct 18th, 2015 at 6:37pm:
you remind me of one of my highscool girlfriends.

Grin  Grin  Grin. Of all your copious crap spewing this one is the most obvious lie.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #23 - Oct 18th, 2015 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
It seems that ranged DPS requires more fucks than I have to give.

Truly, these are the times that I'm grateful none of my builds ever get free of the gimp corral.

Quote:
it's dangerous out there

Also this. ^^

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #24 - Oct 18th, 2015 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Oct 16th, 2015 at 1:51pm:

OMG! hes actually right for once Shocked

you are correct, it is a straight up 2.41 divided by 4 = 0.6025, this gives us a 39.75% decrease in projectiles on every click of the mouse.

HOWEVER

Manyshot now also gives ranged power, which significantly increases the damage dealt per arrow, which it did not do previously.

Ive already done the math for you in multiple threads, it is ~4.5% dmg loss, IF and ONLY IF you are not using tensors. Should you use tensors however, your damage is INCREASED by 12%, even with less arrows shot.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint