Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Heads up to all thrower builders (Read 7887 times)
Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Heads up to all thrower builders
Nov 3rd, 2015 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
Disclaimer, I do not currently consider myself a thrower expert.

But I thought you all might want to know that I saw some peculiar things while mucking around with throwing weapons tonight for various unrelated reasons.

The ROF, and Doubling of attacks made, with all different types of weapons were varying. fastest through 100 was shurikens 50secs, then hammers 58 secs, then daggers 65secs, then darts 70secs, then axes 72secs.

This was a drow with a dex running at 47 (obviously not a spec'd thrower) no monk levels, and once I got curious I tried to due some decent tests in the little time I had.  I turned off fletching, and timed stacks of 100 of each type.  I ran each type though 100 3 times and averaged the results.

Also, there is what appears to be some uniform variance in the doubled shots that wasn't matching up with the extra 47% that you should be seeing in shuriken. The hammer was procing extra shots at a 20% higher rate than the other non hammer/shuriken weapons. But not as high as the Shuriken, pretty odd.

I'm putting it up here because I don't have enough game time to play with this right now and I thought the thrower guys could take a look at it and see what's going on.  Otherwise I would have kept waiting until I had it all down, and by then I would have forgotten and moved on or some update would make it moot, yadda yadda yadda.

Anyway, hope it leads to somewhere.
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2015 at 10:28pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Re: Heads up to all thrower builders
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 12:08am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Nov 3rd, 2015 at 10:25pm:
I'm putting it up here because I don't have enough game time to play with this right now

You just have enough time to shadow one of the most prolific posters in ddovault history, eat, sleep, shit and be gay; riiiight.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 12:38am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Nov 3rd, 2015 at 10:25pm:
This was a drow with a dex running at 47 (obviously not a spec'd thrower) no monk levels, and once I got curious I tried to due some decent tests in the little time I had.  I turned off fletching, and timed stacks of 100 of each type.  I ran each type though 100 3 times and averaged the results.

Worst tester ever..

drow get shuriken expertise, which consumes more ammo. It does not affect the rest. Retest as non-drow and youll see its closer to 65 seconds

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 2:53am
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Nov 4th, 2015 at 12:38am:
Worst tester ever..

drow get shuriken expertise, which consumes more ammo. It does not affect the rest. Retest as non-drow and youll see its closer to 65 seconds

Yeah I understood that, it's why I went out of my way to mention he was a drow and that he had a 47 dex.

The first of several peculiarities would be why was the ratio of ROF shuriken  v.s. hammers not more skewed, the shuriken should have been much farther ahead then they tested at. That 47% created by expertise should result in 39.5 secs for shuriken  vs 58 secs for hammer so something is amiss if we assume that hammers's ROF is correct, which obviously it isn't.

Now if we look at all the types of thrown against the .68 reduction created by the 47% for expertise we can try to identify the baseline thrown ROF.  When you do that you end up at Axes. They have slowest average ROF at 72 secs, which interestingly lines up pretty well with the shuriken's 50 secs [72 X .68 = 48.96] call that 50secs with some slop, but that leaves the question of what is going on with those hammers and daggers, because they are running at a much higher rate than could be expected. 
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2015 at 2:54am by Grand »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 3:04am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Nov 4th, 2015 at 12:08am:
You just have enough time to train  the most moronically pathetic poster in the ddovault this week, eat, sleep, shit push Pay4Pals buttons; arff! arff!!.

FTFY

I've lost count of how many times I have trolled this kid today, you guys should all try it, it's fun and easy!  Grin
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2015 at 3:05am by Grand »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #5 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 10:11am
Print Post  
he's throwing in the towel; I told you there was no victory for you here.  you lose, Remfag.
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2015 at 10:11am by [] »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Ha, this kid is easier to wind up than a clock, now sit and stay Pay4, the grown-ups are trying to talk.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #7 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Nov 4th, 2015 at 1:49pm:
s easier to wind up than a clock,

single parent child detected: your mom left you with grandparents alot, didn't she?  they'd be the only one's talking about wind up clocks, you got that phrase from them.  is the absence of your father the reason you seek comfort in so many men's arms?  is that why no single man can ever satisfy you, faggot?  this is too funny: gay 'cause daddy left him.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Ding!

See? it's so how easy it is to make Pay4pals sit up and beg, I think even winding up a clock might be more challenging, lol.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #9 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
your patheticness is growing ever clearer.

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Wow, he is well trained man! 

Now if you could just teach him how to spell as well as he heels on command!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Who's a naughty doggy that can't spell? you!
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2015 at 2:24pm by RemRemi »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #11 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Different handle, same style; not even hiding it, or did you forget?

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
You! you're a naughty boy that can't spell!

But you can sure be trolled on command!  Grin Grin Grin Grin  too funny!
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2015 at 2:28pm by RemRemi »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
IKR?

He just can't control himself at all.  Have fun but don't tire him out because he get's cranky and racist when he doesn't get his afternoon nap.

Post boy! post!

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #14 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
You computer must be old as fuck: you can't keep two tabs open.  Are you running software that allows tabbing?

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Dude, he so has you on a leash it's too funny! I mean I thought the way I had you calling everyone who burned you (almost everyone) my name and jumping was pretty good. Then the way Dropbear and Revaulting had you talking endlessly about Hamster weewees was even even funnier and more humiliating for you. 

But they way Grand has you on the leash? NEW. GOLD. STANDARD. I'm not joking, I have been watching the past two days and it's a work of art, he swings in, posts a handful of lines that troll you into postsing back and then swings out.  Leaving you all worked up for hours spazzing and fuming, and then? when you finally calm down he swings in again and rattles your cage, it's so funny!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

The power dynamic couldn't be more clear if you were wearing a collar and a gimp mask, and it's spreading now, I saw several part time vaulters tying you in knots today, making you post nonstop, every post getting more and more bland and general as you couldn't keep up with the topic and repost fast enough. 

I used to hope that you would slink away after Hag exposed you for trying to buy friends, but this? you becoming everyone's victim? is so much more satisfying  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Have a good day chasing Pay4pals!
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2015 at 2:44pm by RemRemi »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #16 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Get it together man: now you're pretending you're not Grand again.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #17 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Thread could have been interesting, instead devolved into fucking dogshit drivel, as usual for the Remi/Grand/other sock crowd.

KNN you don't get a pass either

1/10

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Nov 4th, 2015 at 2:53am:
Yeah I understood that, it's why I went out of my way to mention he was a drow and that he had a 47 dex.

The first of several peculiarities would be why was the ratio of ROF shuriken  v.s. hammers not more skewed, the shuriken should have been much farther ahead then they tested at. That 47% created by expertise should result in 39.5 secs for shuriken  vs 58 secs for hammer so something is amiss if we assume that hammers's ROF is correct, which obviously it isn't.

Now if we look at all the types of thrown against the .68 reduction created by the 47% for expertise we can try to identify the baseline thrown ROF.  When you do that you end up at Axes. They have slowest average ROF at 72 secs, which interestingly lines up pretty well with the shuriken's 50 secs [72 X .68 = 48.96] call that 50secs with some slop, but that leaves the question of what is going on with those hammers and daggers, because they are running at a much higher rate than could be expected. 

I am seeing the numbers pretty close to what you are posting for the hammers (100 attacks in 57 seconds, average of 5 runs of 100). Which, while an interesting phenomenon doesn't have any in game application to my eye. 

Even at the indicated hammer's ROF, which is indeed greater than the other throwing weapons types, it is still well below the shuriken ROF.  The higher base damage of hammers isn't big enough to off-set the ROF difference.  Now if the Axes had that ROF it would be huge because of the base damage and inherent X3 multiplier, but as you saw the Axes are still the slowest of the slow, so no good.

You may also be overlooking something that makes the hammers mysterious ROF buff even less useful, the available hammers. Except for the TF and Dagan's mallet there are no decent throwing hammers, compared to the shurikens available, especially the low and mid level Shadow and Snow stars that can compete into the epics.

I'm not saying it's not worth fooling around and experimenting mind you, just be realistic about the kind of returns you can expect. Maybe some fun dwarf flavor builds.
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2015 at 7:02pm by »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #19 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 7:16pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Nov 4th, 2015 at 7:16pm:
~snip

Boring.

But then again, like any post made by a guy who has never been able to understand how Manyshot has historically and currently worked matters at all?  Besides P4p usually talks out of his butt so how is this post any different? Am I right or what?

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #21 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
You really don't think the best DDO player of all time doesn't know how manyhot works, do you?

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Nov 4th, 2015 at 7:33pm:
You really don't think the best DDO player of all time doesn't know how manyhot works, do you?

Well, in a word? Yes. In fact I know it and have proof:

[] wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 4:43pm:
so the DPS nerf went from 56% to 42%, and you call that a "buff"?   

[] wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:01pm:
also, it's not like you get 3 arrows my love; you get two.  you have to invest in feats, gear, and epic past lives for that 3d arrow;

[] wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:07pm:
ignorance revealed: that's exactly how it was, you'd know if you ever played a ranged toon.  you just got busted yapping out of your ear without even knowing what you're talking about.  only the first arrow made the roll, the remaining 3 copied the damage.  i know de devs said they'd make arach arrow roll independently, they didn't.  let off an adren+slayer with manyshot: all 4 arrows are adren, all 4 arrows are slayer, all 4 will show identical damage.  at least, they did before the nerf.  you're just gosh darn typing shit with no idea what your saying.  is this common for you?

[] wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:19pm:
Again he displays stunning ignorance for all to see: play the game my love, it doesn't work as described in the official forums by the devs.  It never has.  You'd only know that if you actually played a ranged toon, as I did, for years.

[] wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:23pm:
I don't know how it works RIGHT NOW because I stopped playing, I'm talking about how it worked before the nerf holocaust.

[] wrote on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 5:44pm:
that's post-nerf; i was clearly talking about how it worked before the nerf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

identical damage, across all 4 arrows, every time.

All these ignorant and statements are yours, made by you because you didn't know any better. I suppose because you don't know how to play very well and never took the time to figure out the basics of the game.

So, yes I know that you didn't understand how manyshot worked. The extent of your ignorance is such that it took half a dozen smarter players taking the time to explain those simple facts of manyshot to you muiltiple times in smaller and smaller words.

Which is why, your opinion/posts don't matter.

See they are easily ignored and skipped now, because after this vast ignorance of yours was exposed there is no fear that a reader might miss a random or rare coherent or informed thought in any of your drivel. So, easy to skip and ignore.

Maybe that's why you post so desperately now, because you finally realized that no one is paying attention to someone so dull-witted.
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2015 at 7:58pm by »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #23 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Quote:
made by you because you didn't know any better.

you sure about that, brah?

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Nov 4th, 2015 at 7:57pm:
you sure about that, brah?

Entirely.

You just don't know how the game works, all quite obvious to anyone who reads your posts about the game mechanics or builds.

So, your not just a phony, your a ignorant and uniformed phony.

Just the kind of Phony who would try to buy "Credibility" and friends, and just the kind of phony I wont waste time posting with. Bye bye.
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2015 at 8:00pm by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint