Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Drow Occult Slayer for end game? (Read 17474 times)
DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Drow Occult Slayer for end game?
Reply #25 - Jan 18th, 2016 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Does Bound of Retribution on OS stack with FB crit multiplier on 19-20?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #26 - Jan 18th, 2016 at 11:02am
Print Post  
DnD wrote on Jan 18th, 2016 at 10:53am:
Why picks? They are 1d6 and crit on 20. DA are 1d10 and crit on 20. Both go to 19-20 with improved critical and with headman's chop DA gets X1 multiplier on 19-20, that is its crit profile anyway.

Picks are times 4. They benefit 50% more for Critical rage than a times 3 weapon.

LD:
pick = 17-20x4 (+12)
axe = 17-20x3+2 (+10)

DC:
pick = 16-20x4 (+15)
axe = 16-20x3 (+10)

It's multiplication vs addition. +2 base damage can never make up that difference.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jan 18th, 2016 at 11:56am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 18th, 2016 at 11:02am:
Picks are times 4. They benefit 50% more for Critical rage than a times 3 weapon.

LD:
pick = 17-20x4 (+12)
axe = 17-20x3+2 (+10)

DC:
pick = 16-20x4 (+15)
axe = 16-20x3 (+10)

It's multiplication vs addition. +2 base damage can never make up that difference.

This if you go Ravager T5 right? But for FB T5 DA are better since crit would be the same profile for picks or DA.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #28 - Jan 18th, 2016 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
DnD wrote on Jan 18th, 2016 at 11:56am:
This if you go Ravager T5 right? But for FB T5 DA are better since crit would be the same profile for picks or DA.

Don't go T5 FB. Go Capstone in FB but T5 in Ravager.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Intervention
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Jan 18th, 2016 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 18th, 2016 at 10:26am:
Am capable, just couldn't bear it.

Picks, man, picks! Barb = pick.

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1446957115

believe i was always a huge supporter of picks, and i've given them their fair shake but the problem with picks is the 1d6... the base damage just isn't able to keep up and you actually see crits on par with the khopeshes.

IP Logged

Intervention
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jan 18th, 2016 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 18th, 2016 at 12:03pm:
Don't go T5 FB. Go Capstone in FB but T5 in Ravager.

you realize that with DA's and tier 5 in frenzied you're getting x10 or x11 (50% health from retribution in occult) on 19-20s and that's exactly how you're seeing 16-18k 19-20s. and i can tell you this it takes a lot of baby crits to equal one of my crits from a 19-20...

that's not as much dps. the devs built a new template for us to kill mobs and they want us focusing in our crit damage potential, and picks with crit rage and blood strength simply aren't going to put out the dps. also headmans chop doesn't want to work with picks

you're going to read everywhere on the boards telling you to go tier 5 in ravager, get blood strength and critical range, but that's not where the dps is at. especially when you can see 18k+ first numbers, those are kill shots

one thing people don't tend to understand about critical range and multipliers is that with the higher base damage and melee power the quicker a weapon with more multipliers catches up and exceeds the weapon with less critical multiplier but more critical range.

so you're welcome to go that route, but i can promise you you're not going to see the kind of dps you see in that video.
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2016 at 5:04pm by Intervention »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #31 - Jan 18th, 2016 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Intervention wrote on Jan 18th, 2016 at 4:46pm:
believe i was always a huge supporter of picks, and i've given them their fair shake but the problem with picks is the 1d6... the base damage just isn't able to keep up and you actually see crits on par with the khopeshes.

+2 base damage with 5W will only beat out 2 extra iterations of critical damage if your average base damage is below 95. The more above 95, the more it favors the pick. Addition vs multiplication.

Intervention wrote on Jan 18th, 2016 at 4:48pm:
you realize that with DA's and tier 5 in frenzied you're getting x10 or x11 (50% health from retribution in occult) on 19-20s and that's exactly how you're seeing 16-18k 19-20s. and i can tell you this it takes a lot of baby crits to equal one of my crits from a 19-20...

that's not as much dps. the devs built a new template for us to kill mobs and they want us focusing in our crit damage potential, and picks with crit rage and blood strength simply aren't going to put out the dps. also headmans chop doesn't want to work with picks

you're going to read everywhere on the boards telling you to go tier 5 in ravager, get blood strength and critical range, but that's not where the dps is at. especially when you can see 18k+ first numbers, those are kill shots

so you're welcome to go that route, but i can promise you you're not going to see the kind of dps you see in that video.

Big numbers are fun, but DPS isn't about the biggest number. Crit rage with picks adds three times as much damage as any single +1 multiplier on 19-20 ability.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Intervention
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jan 18th, 2016 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 18th, 2016 at 5:17pm:
+2 base damage with 5W will only beat out 2 extra iterations of critical damage if your average base damage is below 95. The more above 95, the more it favors the pick. Addition vs multiplication.

Big numbers are fun, but DPS isn't about the biggest number. Crit rage with picks adds three times as much damage as any single +1 multiplier on 19-20 ability.

big numbers are fun?

then what are small numbers? dps? i don't get it it's always about the bigger number

i'm not sure if you're telling me i just made up that video with photoshop or something. i can do it again if you don't believe it.

when you're rolling 11.8W on a 1d10 at 200+ melee power that far greater exceeds rolling 11.8W on a 1d6 at 200+ melee power than that even larger number is now being scaled more by a x10/x11 multiplier and your extra helpless percent from sense weakness, and action brute.

even with your extra baby crits on 17-18 that maybe hit 4k those aren't going to put your larger 19-20 crits over the the crits from a 19-20 x10/x11 daxe it's just not. the numbesr from the picks are too low and the damage isn't able to scale up as high

again please by all means show the pick dps, i'd love to see it and would love to be able to go to picks because it saves a feat, i've tried and tried again.
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2016 at 8:07pm by Intervention »  

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Jan 18th, 2016 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
Personally, I like the idea have having big hits, but its not an obsession. I know several folks who go on & on about their crits... doesn't really matter if you're the first person to die in the party and bitch endlessly about how you're helpless, or  whatever.

I live for finding a party that really knows how to work well together.. oh those are nice times. and you hate when it's time to quit for the night.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #34 - Jan 19th, 2016 at 11:42am
Print Post  
First off, I'm not watching your videos. I don't click on links here.

It's all about averages though. I don't believe you have a x11 multiplier or 11.8 W, but even if you did, 17-18x4 + 19-20 x7 is the same number of multiples as a 19-20x10, the wider range makes up for the lower base damage with non-scaling critical effects and doesn't waste a feat on proficiency.

axe = x3
OC = x4
DC = x5
Headsman = x6
FB core = x7
FB t5 = x9
retribution = x10 *sometimes*

I could point out that I prefer to run in Crusader for 16-20 range, but that opens a whole 'nother basket of apples and oranges.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Intervention
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Jan 19th, 2016 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 19th, 2016 at 11:42am:
First off, I'm not watching your videos. I don't click on links here.

It's all about averages though. I don't believe you have a x11 multiplier or 11.8 W, but even if you did, 17-18x4 + 19-20 x7 is the same number of multiples as a 19-20x10, the wider range makes up for the lower base damage with non-scaling critical effects and doesn't waste a feat on proficiency.

axe = x3
OC = x4
DC = x5
Headsman = x6
FB core = x7
FB t5 = x9
retribution = x10 *sometimes*

I could point out that I prefer to run in Crusader for 16-20 range, but that opens a whole 'nother basket of apples and oranges.

i''m not  going to continue to argue through typing with you, i've posted what i am talking about, you have decided to not view it, and when i've asked you to show me your barb pick dps you haven't shown anything.

i look forward to seeing your barbarian in the future

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #36 - Jan 19th, 2016 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
I don't make videos. I would be interested in seeing a breakdown of 11.8[W] or hearing where that extra multiplier comes from though.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Jan 19th, 2016 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 19th, 2016 at 11:42am:
I don't click on links here.

stop being a puss all yer life

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #38 - Jan 19th, 2016 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 19th, 2016 at 5:03pm:
stop being a puss all yer life

Some things you can't unsee.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Jan 19th, 2016 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 19th, 2016 at 6:23pm:
Some things you can't unsee.

Grin

you know you could copy the link from quote/reply then paste into google and it will show the video page.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Intervention
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Jan 19th, 2016 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 19th, 2016 at 3:05pm:
I don't make videos. I would be interested in seeing a breakdown of 11.8[W] or hearing where that extra multiplier comes from though.

i can tell that you dont play a barbarian or in legendary dreadnaught because if you did you would realize that lay waste, momentum swing, and tantrum all add +5W, as well as dire charge adding +2W

you also get 5W from lgs, and another .8W from improved power attack in ld, and 1W from raging blows in tier5 fb. you also get 1W on helpless mobs from combat brute.

so...

dire charge = 5W + .8W + 1W + 2W = 8.8W (9.8W helpless)

lay waste = 5W + .8W + 1W + 5W = 11.8W(12.8W on helpless)

tantrum = 5W + .8W + 1W + 5W = 11.8W(12.8W on helpless)

momentum swing = 5W + .8W + 1W + 5W = 11.8W(12.8W on helpless)

this doesn't even inclucde cleave, great cleave, or supreme cleave and any barbarian or legendary dreadnaught would know you cycle through those attacks like hotcakes.

daxes are x9 or x10 (50% hp) on 19-20

you would realize that when you begin rolling that many dice for your attacks that the base damage particularly plays a large roll in damage potential.

you can keep using your 1d6 when you're rolling it 12 times and i'll go with my 1d10 rolling it 12 times and we will see who comes out on top after all our other multipliers kick in from there
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2016 at 7:02pm by Intervention »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #41 - Jan 21st, 2016 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
Lol.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jan 21st, 2016 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
I'm curious as to why no-one has posted how so VERY sweet dual Axe of Adaxas EE are when slotted with Meteoric Star and a Righteous in LD on an Occult Barb. Pump your rage and then pop a potion (yes, they stack), then Blitz... and just go completely fucking apeshit as the name implies

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #43 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 3:29am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 21st, 2016 at 12:02pm:
Lol.

Just him trying to rationalize his Dwarven fetish  Grin

IP Logged

yardarm_
Toothless Molehunter

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 5:54am
Print Post  
Intervention wrote on Jan 19th, 2016 at 6:59pm:
i can tell that you dont play a barbarian or in legendary dreadnaught because if you did you would realize that lay waste, momentum swing, and tantrum all add +5W, as well as dire charge adding +2W

you also get 5W from lgs, and another .8W from improved power attack in ld, and 1W from raging blows in tier5 fb. you also get 1W on helpless mobs from combat brute.

so...

dire charge = 5W + .8W + 1W + 2W = 8.8W (9.8W helpless)

lay waste = 5W + .8W + 1W + 5W = 11.8W(12.8W on helpless)

tantrum = 5W + .8W + 1W + 5W = 11.8W(12.8W on helpless)

momentum swing = 5W + .8W + 1W + 5W = 11.8W(12.8W on helpless)

this doesn't even inclucde cleave, great cleave, or supreme cleave and any barbarian or legendary dreadnaught would know you cycle through those attacks like hotcakes.

daxes are x9 or x10 (50% hp) on 19-20

you would realize that when you begin rolling that many dice for your attacks that the base damage particularly plays a large roll in damage potential.

you can keep using your 1d6 when you're rolling it 12 times and i'll go with my 1d10 rolling it 12 times and we will see who comes out on top after all our other multipliers kick in from there

???

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #45 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 9:46am
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Jan 21st, 2016 at 7:45pm:
I'm curious as to why no-one has posted how so VERY sweet dual Axe of Adaxas EE are when slotted with Meteoric Star and a Righteous in LD on an Occult Barb. Pump your rage and then pop a potion (yes, they stack), then Blitz... and just go completely fucking apeshit as the name implies

I've got dual Celestias for oozes.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
QFT.

IP Logged

Intervention
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
yardarm_ wrote on Jan 22nd, 2016 at 5:54am:
???

yea i guess it wouldn't make sense to me either if i didn't actually play ddo or if i did and played a caster/ranged type

i guess you're some genius melee but have no idea what +W means

IP Logged

Intervention
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
all i have been looking for from these melee geniuses is proof of the pick dps

but instead i get clown remarks from players that seem to not play ddo.  is this forums dead?

you see i've posted a video, so i'm not hiding  behind anything

i guess some are just haters cus i got nasty barb dps maybe someone is butt hurt my non crits hit harder than their crits

just in case you lost the tap here it was:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTNEiTQLt3c

Wink

and for whatever reason if you forget what my dps looks like there is a part 2 and 3 finishing that
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2016 at 3:23pm by Intervention »  

IP Logged

Intervention
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 22nd, 2016 at 9:46am:
I've got dual Celestias for oozes.

that makes total sense why you don't understand. your weapon is a +2.5W and you don't focus on it.

i know your base damage is garbage low, and in order to try to overcompensate for your very low base damage you think critically hitting as often as you can is key to see those slightly bigger numbers, but not much.

i get it now, you're the melee i'd run new endgame quests and you'll have 6 kills and i've killed 102. which honestly is nothing to be ashamed of, i do it all the time and in every quest no big deal. you can still support me though with your consecration and i'd greatly appreciate that  Wink

maybe you can TR into a bard too so you can play me a song or two
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2016 at 3:47pm by Intervention »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint