Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) 20 Ranger Tempest Sucks! (Read 32766 times)
Dispel
Ex Member

Re: 20 Ranger Tempest Sucks!
Reply #25 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Okay.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #26 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Get cracking, son!

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 11:08am:
I don't think you understand how the game worked then. You could get to 5% hit chance, as it was a d20 system. It was not a 12 point range... I played an AC tank for a long time, along with pumping AC on my DPS characters. You could get to 5%...

Willing to absolutely accept the possibility of what your saying, but might I ask how you are able to prove for a fact that you got to 5%?

Just to reiterate, what I am saying is that what they are telling us with numbers on the character sheet etc is a complete lie or possibly extremely broad estimate.   In the background things are most likely calculated quite differently.  I believe your AC is either "in range" or "out of range" depending on the level and difficulty and then once this is calculated, it is most likely weighted simliar to either having or not having a similar value to blur or displacement depending on your value within those parameters.

IP Logged

Dispel
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
Zergod trolled you guys so hard look at you still talking about game mechanics.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #29 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Game mechanics?  I'm trying to get you to end your life!

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #30 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 11:08am:
I don't think you understand how the game worked then. You could get to 5% hit chance, as it was a d20 system. It was not a 12 point range... I played an AC tank for a long time, along with pumping AC on my DPS characters. You could get to 5%...

I can confirm 5% Cheesy

Those were entertaining times.

I remember tanking Horoth in a TOD PUG with an AC paladin with basically no DPS. The rest of party runs off to deal with trash and Sulo. My healer gets banished immediately. Healer quietly drops group without a word, probably thought they just killed the whole raid. I mention that tank healer is banished, but rest of party is having a hilariously bad time with Sulo anyway and doesn't seem to notice, many deaths. Meanwhile, orthons keep adding onto the pile around me so I have to pull out life shield + vampiric sword to help counter badges and occasional hits. Eventually they get their shit together and kill everything. I am just a pile of orthons and Horoth. That is the moment they notice that the other healer dropped and start to panic, I let them know that it is fine since I still have two Lay on Hands left...

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 12:18pm:
I can confirm 5% Cheesy

I remember tanking Horoth in a TOD PUG with an AC paladin with basically no DPS. The rest of party runs off to deal with trash and Sulo. My healer gets banished immediately. Healer quietly drops group without a word, probably thought they just killed the whole raid. I mention that tank healer is banished, but rest of party is having a hilariously bad time with Sulo anyway and doesn't seem to notice, many deaths. Meanwhile, orthons keep adding onto the pile around me so I have to pull out life shield + vampiric sword to help counter badges and occasional hits. Eventually they get their shit together and kill everything. I am just a pile of orthons and Horoth. That is the moment they notice that the other healer dropped and start to panic, I let them know that it is fine since I still have two Lay on Hands left...

Ah well that most likely explains why Raids are unbearably laggy... Raid bosses and encounters that last long enough most likely have a more complex mechanic going on.   I am still willing to bet that trash follows a much simpler rule (most likely a 16 point 'range') these days for your AC.   

IP Logged

Dispel
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
So you're telling me to go CON and DEX and get Shining Through and have my LGS HP regen item on and get Displacement and Ghostly and AC and Dodge and high PRR and like no DPS and never die?

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #33 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
I'm telling you to kiss a gun barrel, noob!

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So you're telling me to go CON and DEX and get Shining Through and have my LGS HP regen item on and get Displacement and Ghostly and AC and Dodge and high PRR and like no DPS and never die?

OK magnito.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
I can confirm 5% Cheesy

Gather whole dungeon, only kill boss, ddoor, get hit 3 times total. My strength based 12rgr/3pal/1mon with khopeshes was my fave. 75 ac  twf power attack cap 16
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2016 at 12:54pm by Sergod »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #36 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
What kind of AC do I need for LE and what % of the time would I get hit from it?

This is a general question with a ton of variables.  Which LE content in particular?  TS? Hound? Shroud? Creeping Death?  Curse the Sky?  Even within each quest, which mobs?  Part 1 trash? Part 2 mini-bosses? Harry? The Eryines? Sorjek?  A Protector of Xyyxy?

The general answer is going to be as much as you can get.  Are you a dex or str ranger?  Posting some details about your build would help.  What feats did you take?  Which enhancements?  What destiny are you running in?  twists?  If you are lost and want directions, I kinda have to know where you are to tell you how to get where you want to be.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #37 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Who said anything about "Shining Through"?  That's a warlock enhancement at T5.  No one in this thread ever said to splash 5 levels of warlock.  You mentioned it earlier.  But if you want to play a warlock, that's an entirely different build. 

I think you have warlocks on the brain.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 1:06pm:
I think you have warlocks on the brain.

he thinks warlocks are the best ever and its all you need because shining thru bro. Warlock is ez button for players who cant play this game without dying every 2 seconds. Their dps isnt super high. Its decnet but not amazing.

IP Logged

Dispel
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
My nose is runny and I have to sneeze and I have been having headaches.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Fucking gnomes.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hell I should have made a swashbuckler with some warlock and Shining Through or something. That's dumb.

Uninstall?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Quote:

maybe if you stopped soliciting cock poundings in truck stop restrooms

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #43 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 1:34pm:
he thinks warlocks are the best ever and its all you need because shining thru bro. Warlock is ez button for players who cant play this game without dying every 2 seconds. Their dps isnt super high. Its decnet but not amazing.

Tru dat. Basically everybody that sucked on other characters is playing ES warlock with shield. Bonus points for Sentinel.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 9:58am:
Probably, but that's not intrinsically a bad thing.

Shame on you for getting trolled by Dispel, though.

I understand when Asheras tries to be helpful.  He's a hopeless optimist.

This.

Asheras is too helpful for his own good.
He's a one person noble crusade to drag the Vault from the gutters of dispel.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
What kind of AC do I need for LE and what % of the time would I get hit from it?

Original Herpaderp returns to reclaim his title from the contender?

The answer is 42. 
It's wrong but you'll to wait another million years for the correct one.

IP Logged

Doodle
Abbot Raider

Shoot first ask questions
later!

Reply #46 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Quote:

If I'm not mistaken, and I'm not off by too much: my 20 tempest rgr has like 171 prr 100 mrr in blitz mode, with like 27 dodge, blur, lesser displacement, displace clickers. 

AC is around 100.  AC does matter.  It is a defense chance for them not to hit you.   When you get one shotted, some of those are actually double strikes hitting you, and it seems like you are one shotted.  Now mind you depending on what it is, some thing will just "one shot" you on LE. 

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #47 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 9:04am:
The developers have designed the game with two levels of difficulty.   

There are actually two types of players.   Those who actually have a thorough understanding of not only how the game works, but how the developers have designed things behind the scenes.

The 2nd type of player is usually a completionist who knows almost nothing, but worse than that, sadly thinks he understands the game based off of what he has gleaned from copying other players builds.

In order to keep making money, the developers allow players like the OP to get through EH content with their shoddy ridiculous belief that they know what they are doing... (you can easily recognize these fucktards because they say such stupid shit as "AC doesn't matter.. you need PRR.. I have 200 AC... it don't matter)

Let me enlighten all of you.   First of all try to wrap your skull around the idea that you know absolutely nothing.   What you think you know.. your wrong about.    

Keeping an AC "in range" of what you should have for an AC character basically counts as approximately 50% of whether you get hit or not.   if your a fucktard who wraps his lips around the the dumbass beliefe that "AC doesn't matter" and completely abandon it, you are going to get ripped a new asshole on EE. 

To put it bluntly, again you know nohting.  The entire game is built around taking what is possible for your character to have and generating a % which is then put against the difficulty you are trying to do.   

Since most of you are fucktards who blindlyl accept and cockswallow shit like "Tukaw's build"  (some nigger had the nerve to ask me if my build was a "tuckaw" build the other day)
You end up having next to almost no idea whatosever as to what is going on behind the scenes.

Fucktard Awaken: You can't 'abandon AC" becuase your fag guild leader told you it was useless, stack "27 dodge" and ghostly, and blur, attempt to get through EE content, and then come here and shoot a shit stream of ignorance all over the forum saying how the game is dumb.

Again the game has nothing to do with numbers.  The monsters arent' rolling dice against your AC, and then rolling another for a dodge miss chance, a concealment miss chance, and an incorporeal mischance.   It is a composite of all that information.   The game basically looks at whether you actually know what your doing or whether you swallowed a fag load of 'tukaw' build or whatever the homoqueers are saying these days (i.e. Ac doesnt matter y ou need PRR etc).

They *allow* you to go through  your homoqueer routines and get through EH with that shit because they want your money.   If you try to pull that shit in EE they rip you a new ass hole.

Just because your a complete dumb fuck who knows nothing about the game (the tukaw load you swallowed from your guild leader doesnt count) doesnt give you the right to come here and say the game is "dumb".

Fuck you and good night.

Are you gay, retarded, and French?

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #48 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Dodge, incorporeal, and blur are your friends.   Getting AC on a light armor ranger is fool's errand.

Displacement clickies are also your friend.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
I can confirm 5% Cheesy

heh, yeah, I remember guildie AC monk asked us leave boss to him while running ADQ. He literally slapped the bitch to death without being hit. only trick was not to move from spot so she wont use overrun

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint