Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Haverdasher surprise (Read 9346 times)
Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Haverdasher surprise
Mar 15th, 2016 at 9:05pm
Print Post  

From Haverdasher's on normal... oh how this game has changed.
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2016 at 9:05pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: Haverdasher surprise
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
too bad it only takes about 5 minutes to roll a 20 at levels 1-5

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
IKR?

Still, vorpal ML 1..... sigh

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Not to mention there is 2 other vorpal ML1 items for sale in the AH right now.
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2016 at 9:15pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #4 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Wow. I remember the day "any" vorpal + anything were sought after

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 15th, 2016 at 9:11pm:
too bad it only takes about 5 minutes to roll a 20 at levels 1-5

Except kukri, so only 4 minutes with your monk.

That'll teach those smelly dwarves!

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #6 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 6:50am
Print Post  
prepare for nerfs, more malfunctioning items...and more dumb smiles from the ddo community team.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #7 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 7:59am
Print Post  
I pulled one out of The Grotto last weekend. It reminds me of my first PnP group, where the DM gave one of the players (level 3, I think) a +15 vorpal dagger. And we weren't too clear on the rules, so we thought it procced on a modified 20, not a natural one. So this halfling rogue was running around cutting the heads off everything.

And here I was complainng how SeverancePay and his bevvy of butt buddies had screwed the game past any resmblence to D&D  Roll Eyes

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

ThereIsNoSpoon
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
They aren't supposed to be dropping like that anymore.  I'd scoop them up if I were you - or maybe you don't care enough to.  They did a patch after the new loot came out, that was supposed to prevent that from happening.  I could be wrong, but I believe they said vorpal shouldn't drop on anything lower than a minimum level 5.  After that announcement - but before the patch - I scooped all sorts of ml1 vorpal weapons from the weapon vendor in the marketplace.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
ThereIsNoSpoon wrote on Mar 16th, 2016 at 3:37pm:
They aren't supposed to be dropping like that anymore.  I'd scoop them up if I were you - or maybe you don't care enough to.  They did a patch after the new loot came out, that was supposed to prevent that from happening.  I could be wrong, but I believe they said vorpal shouldn't drop on anything lower than a minimum level 5.  After that announcement - but before the patch - I scooped all sorts of ml1 vorpal weapons from the weapon vendor in the marketplace. 

^This right here.  Really good with two of them on a two weapon fighter, better if they are bigger base damage but still worth it.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #10 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Scoop them up if you're gonna use them. Hoarding should be on the bet that they won't be fixed ... which means they'll still be relatively easy to find. If they want to fix them, they will, and your hoard will turn into ML 5.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Kinda handy if you have the ETR doublestrike 10% as well. Not huge but just sayin. Then again even on a multilife toon you will level out of them to better gear pretty quickly.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 1:31am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Mar 16th, 2016 at 6:50am:
prepare for nerfs, more malfunctioning items...and more dumb smiles from the ddo community team.

I don't know about that.  Vorpal is a guaranteed kill at low levels for anything that isn't red, but then so is a normal critical hit.  And who really cares if heroic content is ripped through any faster than it already is?  I wouldn't think that this kind of change would be worth much if any development time, if they actually gave any thought to the real impact on the game compared to the dev hours needed to change things.

Does anyone really think that limiting vorpal effects to level 10 or so will make a significant difference?  If so, then what ML do you think vorpal should be set at so as to not be OP?
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2016 at 1:32am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #13 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 5:49am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Mar 17th, 2016 at 1:31am:
I don't know about that.  Vorpal is a guaranteed kill at low levels for anything that isn't red, but then so is a normal critical hit.  And who really cares if heroic content is ripped through any faster than it already is?  I wouldn't think that this kind of change would be worth much if any development time, if they actually gave any thought to the real impact on the game compared to the dev hours needed to change things.

Does anyone really think that limiting vorpal effects to level 10 or so will make a significant difference?  If so, then what ML do you think vorpal should be set at so as to not be OP?

This. Vorpal is limited by sacks of HP on the upper end, and redundancy at the lower end. It sounds cool, but isn't really that effective in the current game. It's fun, but hardly game breaking, so who cares.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #14 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Any multilife toon is rofl stomping levels 1-5 anyways.  And doing so in a few hours.  Without vorpals.  It might trim 5 minutes off of your leveling plan.  But if it is more fun, then that's great.  I'm not sure it's game breaking that people can get through the first 5 levels slightly faster than you would expect and have more fun doing it.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 10:34am
Print Post  
i dont like vorpals as it does no sound so i always look if i killed something or just lagged out. if it at least have some better visual clue than that bluish sheen for half second - why we can have flying heads ?Smiley

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #16 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
palmer01 wrote on Mar 15th, 2016 at 9:31pm:
Wow. I remember the day "any" vorpal + anything were sought after

I was a god for about six months when paralyzers were rare (and awesome).

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #17 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Mar 17th, 2016 at 12:06pm:

That reminds me when we ran a Deleras back in the day and some paladin in our guild kept killing everything!!! the creatures turned green and disintegrated. We were all awe struck.

Now everyone has a "kill all +50 uber plasma death star returning red boss beating badass double edged fuck you sword of all time!!1" And the guy next to him has two of those!

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Mar 17th, 2016 at 12:06pm:

palmer01 wrote on Mar 17th, 2016 at 12:13pm:
That reminds me when we ran a Deleras back in the day and some paladin in our guild kept killing everything!!! the creatures turned green and disintegrated. We were all awe struck.

Now everyone has a "kill all +50 uber plasma death star returning red boss beating badass double edged fuck you sword of all time!!1" And the guy next to him has two of those!

This was my 8th lev mechanic the first couple weeks after 'fletching' came out. I had pile of slaying bolts everywhere. Even a couple weeks later when I was in Tor all the pallys got the shits because I was slaying the whole quest.  I was sure they were going to kill the 80 reuse for a while there Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2016 at 6:16pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Mar 18th, 2016 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Mar 17th, 2016 at 6:15pm:
This was my 8th lev mechanic the first couple weeks after 'fletching' came out. I had pile of slaying bolts everywhere. Even a couple weeks later when I was in Tor all the pallys got the shits because I was slaying the whole quest.  I was sure they were going to kill the 80 reuse for a while there Smiley

My only gripe about that is hotbaring all your arrow stacks takes up a pile of inv space since for some silly reason you can't hotbar them from the quiver.

But yeah, using a gxb makes slaying or bane bolts a lot more attractive than just reading a summon bolts scroll or carrying a stack of House D bolts.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #20 - Mar 18th, 2016 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Haverdasher surprise?

As Haverdasher is an ugly dwarf I pictured somehting like that:

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Illiterate
Titan Demolisher

Yataaaa

Reply #21 - Mar 18th, 2016 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
ThereIsNoSpoon wrote on Mar 16th, 2016 at 3:37pm:
I'd scoop them up if I were you
I scooped all sorts of ml1 vorpal weapons from the weapon vendor in the marketplace. 

How long do you stay level 1?

I'd rather use my Acid Falchion of Bleeding one or two-shotting monsters than a Vorpal Kukri that chops the head off a 50hp cultist on the 7th hit.

Some people have a vorpal fetish or something. The game has changed since 2009.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Mar 18th, 2016 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
True.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Mar 19th, 2016 at 4:03am
Print Post  
string table error, tableDID wrote on Mar 18th, 2016 at 1:07pm:
Haverdasher surprise?

As Haverdasher is an ugly dwarf I pictured somehting like that:

http://i84.servimg.com/u/f84/17/67/06/03/exhibi11.jpg

thats clearly a gnome
why you so racists?

IP Logged

Rage
Waterworks Kobold

I Love boobies

Reply #24 - Mar 19th, 2016 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
If you roll a 20 and you don't kill the mob at level 1-2-3-4 you are probably doing something really wrong. Using a kukri that would probably also translate to rolling a 19 or an 18. Keen is actually a lot more damage at those levels, unless we're talking repeaters or shurikens. The +0.5w is a lot more useful than the actual on 20 vorpal. Btw, lacerating weapons where a lot better than vorpals at those levels. Probably riptide items too.

On the other hand, around level 10 when they start becoming +4 and a mere critical doesn't kill them, then vorpal begins to shine. On low dps builds.
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2016 at 2:25pm by Rage »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint