Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Possible renown fix coming (Read 8476 times)
Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Re: Possible renown fix coming
Reply #25 - May 20th, 2016 at 12:31am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 4:18pm:
I live in one of the highest paid areas of the US, and still <$100k gets you a competent DBA.

Those are some crappy- er average DBAs that would be working under the senior level.   My senior staff DBAs didn't make less than $100K. they worked on projects world wide. This means stuff got done quickly, tried the puppy DBAs (your crappy ones) and they moved on.

All they have to do is bring in a competent consultant. Problem is that they don't know what competent means.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - May 20th, 2016 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
There's a difference between competent and senior level.  And then another difference between either of those and incompetent.

I'm a consultant, I work on projects for lot of different companies and government agencies.  So I see a lot of different environments.  I'm often part of a project that either my company is not the prime on, or (especially in government where they have to meet requirements for minority owned, woman owned, small business, etc.) we were required to sub out parts.  Or rely on the company or agency to provide resources which are not a part of the project.

So I can't always pick my personnel, and I often have to deal with what I get.  I know the rate of anyone where my company is the prime, and I know for a fact that I've had many DBAs on staff who were paid under $100k.  And they were all competent, even if not senior level.

I've never had a DBA, either contractor (my company or another), customer company, or government, who would have taken 70 days to notice that the new virtual environment was slowing down SQL transactions.  Or even one who, when just asked to look into an issue, because often times all I know on my end is that some piece of NMS software is reporting SQL errors, who could not find and solve the problem within a few hours.  Ever.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #27 - May 20th, 2016 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
I concur with Dark Helmet.

Real DBAs that know their shit do not come cheap.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #28 - Jun 22nd, 2017 at 2:01pm
Print Post  

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that KNN has brought a BUNCH of stupid from users on this forum out in the open

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Some of you got baited real bad in an attempt to troll him back.

IP Logged

( )
Korthos Resident

Up in you

Reply #29 - Jun 27th, 2017 at 9:12am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint