Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Electric Critzilla (Read 32724 times)
Tilo
Ex Member

Electric Critzilla
May 24th, 2016 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
Mmm... this took me a few months to polish. Unlike a traditional build, this will change enhancements, feats, and ED twists not only 1-20 as you level, but also 21-30 as you gain new abilities.

As your spell pool and spell power grow, you can alter from SLAs to a mixture of SLAs and your more powerful spells. This build does ludicrous AoE damage, is fairly tanky (paladin version is very tanky), and self heals, CCs, and traps. I'm not going to figure out a lvl 30 setup, but leveling was solid:

Feel free to move a few levels around or even a class, lots of varieties work.

Any Race (paladin 3 version is very friendly for new players, especially if Warforged/Bladeforged)

Max Int (good int for new players), good Con, levels in Int

Basic Build 12 Arti > 3 Sorc > 3 Any* > 2 Arti (recommended build)
Master of Knowledge/Simple hybrid 12 Arti > 3 Sorc > 5 Wiz (test hybrid build to try MoK vs non-MoK)
Undead MoK Variant 12 Arti > 1 Sorc > 7 Wiz (recommended build, feat swap 2 construct body feats @ level 20 to Extend and Shield Deflection) (Credit for idea NoKills)

----------------------------------------------------------

Feats (hybrid given below, non-wiz drops MT feats)

PLx3 Energy Critical or Doubleshot

1 Maximize (150 SP)
3 Empower (7SP)
4 Construct Essence (Adamantine Body for WF (only warlock invocations and arcane spells are subject to ASF, not SLAs and not Arti spells)
6 Completionist (non-completionists keep going on feat list and pick up Shield Deflection when you can instead)
8 Arti Quicken
9 Insightful Reflexes
12 Imp. Construct Essence / WF: Shield Deflection (you can block and cast at the same time) (Human fits this in as well due to extra feat sometime)
12 Arti Heighten
15 SF:Evo
16 Wiz MT (1% crit)
18 GSF:Evo
20 Wiz IMT
21 EMT (1% Crit) or Construct Exemplar (fleshies non-undead), wellspring (undead)
24 Master of Artifice
26 SP:Electrical Feat swap to Tactics @29 for characters staying at cap
27 Master of Knowledge (90 SP, 60% Crit Multiplier) (skip to 30 feats for non-MoK builds)
28 Hellball
29 Dire Charge
30 Scion of Fire
30 Master of Air or Intensify

-------------------------------------------

Enhancements

Evolve enhancements as needed. Level 1-19 get what is useful out of AT, with air savant crit, sorc crit, and harper after you are done.

This is a good spread for level 15:
40 AT T5C4 everything useful
8 Air Savant
8 Harper (get this before you hit gh/vale for repeater use on lightning immune)

Level 20 and non-MoK spread is below 4 posts.

This is a possible MoK AP spread for level 29:

13 Air Savant T3 C2 (53 SP, 6% Crit, 2 caster level, 1 Max CL)
24 AT T4C4 (45 SP, 3% Crit, 1 Int)
35 AM T5 C2 (35 SP, 9.3% crit, 2 Int, 1 DC, 13.3% crit multiplier)
8 Harper KTA (1 SP, KTA, into to hit)

--------------------------------

ED: Start in Draconic, twisting whatever, since draconic ability caster levels will be high (character level + 5 ED level + 2 sorc level = 27+), warlocks twist Empyrian

At 24 with master of Artifice, try out Magister with Blue Draconic Heritage (lightning), Energy Burst (lightning), Evo Focus (draconic), (tactics after 29). (3 Max Air Caster levels, 3 Max Evo caster levels, 11 Caster levels, 20 SP, 3 DC, 10% Crit, 6 Tactics DC)

-------------------------------

Gear of Note
LGS Lightning Spell Crit Dmg accessory (35% crit dmg)
LGS Vacuum Main Hand (150 Enhancement, 7 Int (insight), 37 Exceptional) (make a hand axe for future swashbuckling builds)
RNG Lightning Crit Ring (up to 25% Crit) or spell crit necklace
PDK or other Tower Shield (Master's Touch for shield deflection proficiency) + Spell Power Augment (any for +24 SP implement)
Tactics gear at 29: Epic Animated Rope + Legendary Pendant of the Warrior or epic boots of the innocent + epic spare hand/Spare Hand
Heroic/Legendary Pansophic Circlet (Equipment 131, Insightful 65, Quality 15)
Construct's Mantle (repair amp, Qual magnetism +36, 3 qual int)
Prowess Ring/Fatal Flaw Repeater/Animus Runearm
Heartwood Docent (sheltering/repair amp)
Trapping: Spare hand + Spyglass

-------------------------------------
*Any 3 Classes: 3 Druid for more crit and 1 more caster level to free up an arti lvl for 4 sorc for wings no body feat allowed, fire sla for empyrian, 3 warlock for bigger crits + aura to fuel empyrian, 3 more sorc for wings/displacement, 3 Wiz for feat/invis+blur sla (invis > dire charge is great initiation), fighter for ranged feats + def stance, monk feats + evasion, pali def stance+ DG, 2 FVS 1 sorc to implement LGS and just rewards proc w/ lantern ring and wings, 2 arti 1 sorc for reconstruct+wings, etc. Pali is for face rolling EE/LE solo.
--------------------------------------

Lightning Immunes: You can break the DR of every lightning immune mob in the game except the wizard king with cold iron bolts from House D combined with the level 5 spell Planar Weapons for good/evil alignment. Insightful damage spell combined with harper Int to hit and Know the Angles will make short work of them, especially with Fatal Flaw repeater and banishing runearm Animus. You can still AoE daze them with lightning sphere, and pick them off one by one. For wiz king, you will want a silver slinger, or just a blunt weapon of beatdown. You can also try flame turret spell, but champions tend to 1 shot it.

Also can take dragons breath/energy vortex of non-lightning element and use draconic in quests with lightning immunes.
----------------------------------

Caster level Note: Arti SLAs and spells cap at level 10 generally. Master of Artifice/Air will raise that cap to 20. 14 Arti levels, plus being in an arcane sphere ED adds +5 Arti caster levels, +1 more electric caster level from sorc air savant core 1 will bring your electrical casting to the Master of Air/Artifice cap of 20.

Blue Draconic Heritage Lightning will add 3 more caster and max caster levels to lightning spells. Master of Evocation will add 3 more caster and max caster levels to evocation spells (which includes lightning spells). Core 2 Air Savant will add 1 more caster and max caster level to lightning spells. This will add up to another +7 levels and max caster levels, for a total of 27 to lightning. This will increase the total damage die (damage) of your spells. Lightning bolt, for example, does 1d6 base damage per caster level. Cast at level 27, it will do a base of 27d6 damage.
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2016 at 5:07pm by »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: Electric Critzilla
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2016 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Arti/Sorc/Wiz

I knew there was a build in there somewhere.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #2 - May 24th, 2016 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Have you run this in-game yet?  If so, did you run into any significant issues against mobs that are highly resistant or immune to electrical damage?

IP Logged

painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #3 - May 24th, 2016 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Empyrian Magic
Non-dps buff abilities
Arcane Bolt
Scorch

is empyrean magic just boosted by scorch?  same with master of knowledge and arcane bolt?

IP Logged

AnAlarmist
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - May 24th, 2016 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Aren't you missing a wiz feat? And no third core in air savant either. I'd probably take the first wiz level at 13 so you can use the wiz bonus feat for SF:Evo and that frees up one heroic feat.
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2016 at 2:43pm by AnAlarmist »  

IP Logged

painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #5 - May 24th, 2016 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
man, I hope that "Electro" or "Shocker" aren't taken on wayfinder Smiley

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #6 - May 24th, 2016 at 4:21pm
Print Post  

Sample enhancements

Yepper, added in Wiz feat as IMT, allowing insightful reflexes.

You will need to cast a fire spell every 19 seconds for empyrian (drop to 9 stacks, then go up a stack and reset timer to 10 seconds).

Same with arcane bolt every 11 seconds for MoK, but I would get max rank in it for charging it up faster.

I haven't run this in game yet. I wanted to get it to a critzilla form fiirst, and clean it up from the prior test build. I'm not going to have issues in heroics, because I'll also have repeater use. Not sensing issues in epics either, because will have repeater + arcane bolt + hellball + arcane pulse.

^^ I will get to this build though. It is just too damn elegant to not make.
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2016 at 2:52am by »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 24th, 2016 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Mm should I drop IMT/EMT for combat casting + mobile spellcasting?

IP Logged

Wight
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - May 25th, 2016 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
The greensteel planner doesn't think you can do 150 spellpower on a vaccum btw

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - May 25th, 2016 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
If nothing else the build name is wicked good.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - May 25th, 2016 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Wight wrote on May 25th, 2016 at 2:26pm:
The greensteel planner doesn't think you can do 150 spellpower on a vaccum btw

the ddocrafting one? It lets me place 150 in tier 1 for vacuum.  my exact item on live is: http://ddocrafting.info/lgs/21/12/28/174/11/-1/
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2016 at 2:52pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - May 25th, 2016 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:
combat casting + mobile spellcasting

gh and jump casting? or am i missing something secret about these feats?

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #12 - May 25th, 2016 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
I won't have to hit jump over and over, and can move forward while casting faster for more xp...

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #13 - May 25th, 2016 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Yepper, added in Wiz feat as IMT, allowing insightful reflexes.

You will need to cast a fire spell every 19 seconds for empyrian (drop to 9 stacks, then go up a stack and reset timer to 10 seconds).

Same with arcane bolt every 11 seconds for MoK, but I would get max rank in it for charging it up faster.

I haven't run this in game yet. I wanted to get it to a critzilla form fiirst, and clean it up from the prior test build. I'm not going to have issues in heroics, because I'll also have repeater use. Not sensing issues in epics either, because will have repeater + arcane bolt + hellball + arcane pulse.

Sounds good.  Looking forward to an update on this one after you've run it.

If it works as well as it looks like it should, it should be a ton of fun to play.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - May 25th, 2016 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I won't have to hit jump over and over, and can move forward while casting faster for more xp...

dont lie to me! spill the beans ;p

IP Logged

Wight
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - May 25th, 2016 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Just tested and if you hit multiple targets with arcane blast you get multiple stacks of the master of knowledge buff, its a very handy way to jump up on stacks if you can fit it in.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #16 - May 26th, 2016 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Wight wrote on May 25th, 2016 at 9:48pm:
Just tested and if you hit multiple targets with arcane blast you get multiple stacks of the master of knowledge buff, its a very handy way to jump up on stacks if you can fit it in.

You can get mulitple MoK stacks using Arcane Blast to break boxes too.

I am wondering if Eldritch Ball works the same.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Dellamorte
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - May 26th, 2016 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Hey it is really funny to see this here - I have been running a 12 Arti/ 6 Sorc/ 2 Wiz to grab a Arti and Deep Gnome pastlife.  So far I have leveled to 27 and have used T5 Arti enhancements for cheap free motes

It has a been a real blast to play and has been performing as top dps with very little SP usage - That is right up to you meet your first Hezerou and those damn cats!  I hadn't realised how much i was carrying the pugs until they had to kill something without me  Shocked   

Pew pew on the lightening immune was not so much fun but at least prismatic strike can take one down - Very painful completing LOD chain for sagas in the low 20s.   I had a similar problem killing Cubes in heroic but at that time the xbow was decent damage, as i moved to epics orb and stick was much better for casting

I expect that Arcane Bolt will help a bit here in your build

One other difference was that I had a legendary ooze weapon already so i specced for Augment Summons in Magister along with Null Magic Strike - with all the stuns, dispels, null magic with hungry super oozes is kinda fun.

Fun synergistic build but probably wouldn't keep it as a main
« Last Edit: May 26th, 2016 at 11:05pm by Dellamorte »  

IP Logged

painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #18 - May 30th, 2016 at 10:23am
Print Post  
from a practical point of view how about something like human 15 art/4 sorc/1 wiz?  level 15 arty gives reconstruct, you can take construct essence with the human feat(half reconstruct will be better self-healing than cocoon).  you will lose the MoK and some crit, but be a lot more durable with same electric stuff.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #19 - May 30th, 2016 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
painkiller wrote on May 30th, 2016 at 10:23am:
from a practical point of view how about something like human 15 art/4 sorc/1 wiz?  level 15 arty gives reconstruct, you can take construct essence with the human feat(half reconstruct will be better self-healing than cocoon).  you will lose the MoK and some crit, but be a lot more durable with same electric stuff.

...or you can just put a gun in your mouth and kill yourself (faggot) instead of trying this bullshit FOTM build in a fucked up game that doesn't work anyways; yeah, thanks for playing!

IP Logged

Wight
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - May 30th, 2016 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Losing out on MoK isn't that bad, keeping a stack rolling with only arcane bolt is difficult with a 5 second cooldown and 6 second buff up time.  Anyone know what the maxed charisma is for? Id be concerned with leaving constitution behind.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #21 - May 30th, 2016 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Does the bolt reset the timer and give you a stack like every other stacking ability? Would give you 11 second window to cast it in.
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2016 at 2:24pm by »  

IP Logged

Wight
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - May 30th, 2016 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
No I guess your right, just means your jaming it every time its up trying to climb but like you say, its doable.  Whats the charisma for btw?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #23 - May 30th, 2016 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
painkiller wrote on May 30th, 2016 at 10:23am:
you can take construct essence

No. Just ... no.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #24 - May 30th, 2016 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
I sincerely hope you're trolling, and that all the dumbasses responding are just freckle-faced faggots taking the bait; otherwise this thread doesn't make any sense...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint