Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Shiradi Paladin-base build? (Read 13675 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Shiradi Paladin-base build?
Reply #25 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 2nd, 2016 at 11:27am:
I know I'm just the idiot here, but one other minor advantage to the warlock splash: some backup when you run low on SP. I did a warlock life a while ago, having that eldritch blast not cost SP came in very handy. It certainly wouldn't be much damage, but it's more efficient that pulling out an axe and trying to melee.

it's pretty good. Not huge base damage, but it can crit and shiradi proc. Is fine thing to do to conserve sp, build depravity stacks, and just rewards. Go with acid pact to max shiradi proc and less immune mobs. Sonic gets evaded too much.

Embers is giving a gift of free metas 20 seconds. not sure if other items give the same or relative discount to all.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #26 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
I'll need to do at least one life on the deep gnome since it sounds like fun. Might start with the bladeforged just for easy self-healing. Thankfully there's otto's rocks if I need to just light out of an unpleasant life Cheesy

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 2nd, 2016 at 11:17am:
shiradi procs use the spell they came from, the sonic from core 4 uses sonic.

Link?

Also, I've seen random gen gloves up to 13% spell critical, only 4% off.  In my setup, that would mean giving up earthen mantle, but allows me to keep resonation which I think is worth it.  Best of both worlds?

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #28 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 2nd, 2016 at 11:17am:
shiradi procs use the spell they came from, the sonic from core 4 uses sonic.

A guildie is telling me he tested radiance and fire procs and that they were affected by the individual spell power or potency as opposed to the force spell power on the cast. He thought that that the crit would follow this pattern since it would be insane not to.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #29 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jun 2nd, 2016 at 3:36pm:
Link?

Also, I've seen random gen gloves up to 13% spell critical, only 4% off.  In my setup, that would mean giving up earthen mantle, but allows me to keep resonation which I think is worth it.  Best of both worlds? 

Man, I thought the flawless blue dragonscale docent was 15%, just checked and it's only 9 Sad

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jun 2nd, 2016 at 3:48pm:
A guildie is telling me he tested radiance and fire procs and that they were affected by the individual spell power or potency as opposed to the force spell power on the cast. He thought that that the crit would follow this pattern since it would be insane not to.

You're right. Just googled an old thread where CDR listed extensive testing on procs and spell power. He could not determine the proc chances. Teth and Sergod have stated it uses the original spell crit chance.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/425053-Shiradi-proc-damage-and-metas-a...

AtomicMew wrote on Jun 2nd, 2016 at 3:36pm:

Seems good.
« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2016 at 4:26pm by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 4:34am
Print Post  
A long, long time ago I did some tests to determine which lore tier 4 sonic procs use (force or sonic lore).  I re-did this test after resetting destiny, enhancements and removing all counter sources (MOK, empyrean magic, etc.)

Conditions:
sonic_sp = 300
sonic_crit_chance = 0.07
force_crit_chance = 0.30
multiplier = 0.5 (0.25 LGS, 0.25 scion of fire) + 2 base

Results:

Blue = empirical distribution
Purple = simulated distribution with force crit chance
Gray = simulated distribution with sonic crit chance
Dotted = distributions with weighted dice

Conclusions:
1) Sonic procs don't use weighted dice, as previously suspected
2) Sonic procs USE SONIC LORE to determine critical chance

So basically, some form of lore (universal or sonic) is essential for maximum DPS.  I just recalled that the new U31 Dashing gloves have 27% sonic lore as well as a huge amount of sonic spellpower.  Personally, the only elemental spell I use on a regular basis is hellball, which doesn't justify sacrificing that much sonic lore and spellpower for spell lore on random gen gloves.  So optimal gear IMO is resonation + dashing gloves. 

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 11:36am
Print Post  
I'm not even sure 7% chance is worth giving up an extra missile every cast of chain. To me I'd much rather have hellball and energy burst crit more. With an air vacuum stick and magnetism 150 ring I'm getting 700 electric power and Energy Burst is hitting 20-30k crits on mobs that are not helpless. Hellball is at like 20k when doublecast.

These numbers are not even max aligned with supremacy, wellspring and all stacks. Prismatic spray has 3 elements. Chain light/fireball/acid blast are decent too. Not sp effective, but they do good damage to packs while filling up holes in rotations.
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2016 at 11:37am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #33 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 3rd, 2016 at 11:36am:
With an air vacuum stick and magnetism 150 ring I'm getting 700 electric power and Energy Burst is hitting 20-30k crits on mobs that are not helpless. Hellball is at like 20k when doublecast.

But at what levels are you seeing these numbers?

Most times when people discuss builds, they only talk about cap and max-level. I'm a TR-junkie, so the amount of time I spend at cap is measured by how long it takes me to get from the fatespinner to the reincarnation grove. I don't own a single ML30 item.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
at cap, Noam. sry ;p
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2016 at 9:42pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #35 - Jun 4th, 2016 at 12:06am
Print Post  
AtomicJew with the graph...kill yourself.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #36 - Jun 6th, 2016 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 3rd, 2016 at 9:42pm:
at cap, Noam. sry ;p

Lol, np Tongue

Good news is it looks like I may get to TR into into a shiradi a little sooner. One small problem I had overlooked on my current TR plans: ETRs don't reset question completions or slayer areas, so grinding out those last few levels is going to be a challenge. That said, I don't think I'll do too many ETRs.

What I think I WILL do is TR into a heroic build, stone to near-20, then level all the way to 30, ETR, HTR. So, hey, may not be limited to Bladeforged after all!!

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #37 - Jun 7th, 2016 at 11:23am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 6th, 2016 at 4:08pm:
ETRs don't reset question completions or slayer areas, so grinding out those last few levels is going to be a challenge. That said, I don't think I'll do too many ETRs.

Look at it another way...

Since they dont reset (and neither do sagas you have completed but not taken the reward for) you can have hundreds of thousands of XP waiting for you when you go back to 20.  Prepping a few high-value slayers like Orchard and Thunderholme can really make those first few levels fly by.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #38 - Jun 7th, 2016 at 11:29am
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Jun 7th, 2016 at 11:23am:
Look at it another way...

Since they dont reset (and neither do sagas you have completed but not taken the reward for) you can have hundreds of thousands of XP waiting for you when you go back to 20.  Prepping a few high-value slayers like Orchard and Thunderholme can really make those first few levels fly by.

Silly question: do the sagas persist through Heroic TR?

3-400k doesn't mean much at 20(it means something, but frankly I've never had much trouble with epics) but it could be a total game-changer on heroic. Right now I am looking at doing a few stones lives where I stone up to near-20 then play through epics and do both an epic and heroic TR. The heroics is the tough part, hence the stone. Max XP you can get off a stone is about 3.3 million.

But, if you could bank 400k in Saga XP, TR, hit the stone, hit the sagas, bada-bing, badaboom, you are back to 20 in no time, ready to dust off the epic loot and get back to epicness.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Jun 7th, 2016 at 11:49am
Print Post  
They do not, unless there's some method being passed around of which I'm not aware.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #40 - Jun 7th, 2016 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
WeHaveLived wrote on Jun 7th, 2016 at 11:49am:
They do not

This.

Think of ETR as an LR for what gets reset.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Get yourself a heavy yellow connection, complete the saga, throw away stone before it gets automatically used.  TR and then buy back the stone.  Use at lvl 1

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Just remember you have to TR first.  The xp stone gets automatically used as soon as its in your inventory.  Let it sit in buyback menu until after you are done tr ing and use after

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #43 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
@ElGuapo, its a nice method but more trouble than it's worth. Thanks, though!

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Just makes that 1-12 easy on a non-iconic toon.  Can grab 1.4m ish xp from epic sagas that way, tr and bingo

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #45 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
After careful consideration I have concluded that my next life will be that 10/6/4 human linked to earlier. Might not do all 3 on that, but it'll be a huge breath of fresh air. I'm going to stone it though and skip nearly to 20 then climb all the way to 30 for a nice ETR followed by HTR. Should be entertaining to say the least.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Is there a shiradi build that isn't easy mode?
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2016 at 3:12pm by »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #47 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Quote:

I'm certain there is, it just happens that the build is quite litterally called "shiradi easy button" Frankly I'm not even sure what the shiradi part of that title means, but thats not the part I was interested in.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:

depends who's piloting the build.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #49 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
I am assuming the build gets its name from Shiradi Champion? All those "on ranged attack or ranged spell" procs look highly entertaining. Hey, wouldnt those also work with the ranged eldrich blasts? you could be constantly outputting...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint