Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Teach me about Warlock Tree spirit generation (Read 6724 times)
bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Teach me about Warlock Tree spirit generation
Jun 20th, 2016 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
(yes should probably be in the Rise of the Trees thread but that is degenerating into off topic).

I've heard conflicting reports on the Warlock Aura (enlightened spirit) spirit generation.

So, tell me how it generates spirit? I've heard that it only generates if it is damaging something.  How do  you keep spirit up as a Warlock if this is true?

Note:  My main is monk/fighter/cleric version and I have no trouble maintaining spirit without thinking about it.   Just have to jump in-and-out of tree form every 10-15 seconds to keep it going for an entire quest.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Teach me about Warlock Tree spirit generation
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
cure wands in between spawn

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #2 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
You spam displace on yourself or other useless spells like master touch n such, whatever has shorter cast time, also clickies and wands and pots have a use for stacks as well.
Tensers also provides stacks /so scrolls also have  a use.

Depending on split you run and spells you have atm there are many ways to increase stacks out of combat, in combat spirit is the issue not the out of combat.
Technically you could build a pure barb or ranger in primal, but its efficiency is miserable even with the increased benefits of strong encha tree.
Most important issue tree builds have is, staying in tree form longer and avoiding as much damage as possible/mitigating so that you lose no time on heals/kiting while regening spirit.

Cleric splits issue is simple, you waste to many aps to get spirit sustain, wizzard and warlock do that almost for free or with huge benefits.
Hope it helps, well thing is as long as spirit is broken as it is warlock and wizz are better splits for trees, i wonder if they will ever fix it, if they do then wel be forced into weird splits like cleric/warlock/barb cleric/warlock/monk cleric/wizz/monk and cleric/wizz/barb
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2016 at 6:41pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #3 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 6:04pm:
catacombs wand in between spawn

yo yo yo!!
great for empyrean magic as well. And BTA

Best low-level item?? Idk

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 7:02pm:
yo yo yo!!
great for empyrean magic as well. And BTA

Best low-level item?? Idk

shut up n take mah money !

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 8:26am
Print Post  
Okay... that's what I thought.  I watch some video of a guy soloing something and he kept running out of battle and hiding to cast displace on himself.

But on a cleric tree, you can pretty much keep spirit up for an entire quest... just have to remember to quickly double tap the primal avatat key every 12-15 seconds, and throw in an aura click every 45 seconds during one of the swaps.

What are you gaining with the extra APs saved by doing warlock?  And does that really balance out having to run from battle and click yourself for 30 seconds to get your spirit back up?

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #6 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:31am
Print Post  
You gain several things, for example warlocks aura can generate awarior stacks which gives you 20 melle power/rpower and the spellpower on melle hits, you get free prr/mrr (mrr doesnt matter for monk splits that much since you cap it anyways) and you gain if you dip into higher tier some more defensive stats like for example hp based on con and free damage from 1 point in souleater tree.
Also aura ticks on a 6 split arent as effective as cleric aura, youd need 12 lock levels and minimal manipulation or aura timing to gain same benefit as cleric. (because ticks timing, you would notice it yourself directly after cleric split)

Wizzard for example opens up options for some minimal dstrike eldritch shield and a extra cleave + spamable slas for cheap sp cost for out of combat spirit regen (you can macro all that junk so that you dont need to bother manually which is a wonderful thing in ddo).

Also best thing of course is the ability to freely choose a tier 5, when we had cleric based treesplits our t5s werent as op broken as they are now.
New kensei is good, barb is good, some ranger ones are good, lotsa options opend up with wiz/lock splits for overall either more defense or offense.

Wrote to much, but its more or less short summary with some examples

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:58am
Print Post  
What's the difference between 6 Warlock aura ticks and 12 warlock aura ticks?

I really like the ease in which the Cleric aura provides constant spirit.  I don't like having to constantly click/cast spells/etc to keep generating spirit.  And I like with cleric that I can keep the spirit at 20-30 with minimal thought/actions.

Does 12 Warlock make it better to keep spirit up without all the "out-of-combat" manipulation?  And if you put 12 warlock in it, does that "gimp" it in such a way that you might as well do the cleric version?

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #8 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Well its the time it ticks, 12 core has the minimal time you need to be able to sustain tree longer mid combat, the 6 one skips 1 cycle of spirit gain sinceits 4 sec tick and thus makes your last form last less, best option overall tbh is wizard but arcane warriors 20 melle power is just to good. People usually just stick with the 6 split even tho its not optimal for incombat spirit sustain. Less then 6 is terrible tho, dont do 3 lock splits etc.

Also 12 lock doesnt really gimp you since you can drop monk and do a fighter barb split, get horrible ww but gain godly defenses via prr/mrr (i prefer monk tbh since triple stacking ac and dodge conceal that isnt dependant on sh cookies is amazing) and warlock compared to cleric has  nice freebies progression, aka you get free fortification and fort save or other save depending on pact.
Cleric while being braindead out of combat isnt really different then warlock, most annoying one would be wizzard since wizzy is sla dependant.
As a warlock split you can generally just rush and pull till red and generate spirit with aura alone, kill and move on.
The most efficient spirit sustain is only important if you raid and want to do eh/ee raid and sustain tree as long as possible.

Here is a simple example why cleric is less optimal atm.
You take for example lock/fighter/monk or lock/fighter/barb as base split vs cleric/palie/monk and compare.
As cleric you are forced to take t5 in cleric and waste 32 points (forgot if aura was 1 or 2 ap).
As the other 2 splits you gain 20 melle power from arcane warrior, which you cant have as cleric, 20 melle power from 1with blade passive, and 20 melle power from opportunity attack from the same 32 points, i wont even name the other things that kensei has that synergize well with tree just the most obvious ones.
So you in short have 60 melle power which you usually cant have on cleric split which is kinda broken

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:58am:
What's the difference between 6 Warlock aura ticks and 12 warlock aura ticks?

They both tick 10% faster than they say, so the 12 one ticks every 2.7 seconds and gives you spirit every 5.4 seconds, while the 6 one ticks every 3.6 seconds, and gives spirit every 3.6 seconds.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #10 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Quote:
They both tick 10% faster than they say, so the 12 one ticks every 2.7 seconds and gives you spirit every 5.4 seconds, while the 6 one ticks every 3.6 seconds, and gives spirit every 3.6 seconds.

Which is incorrect and tested ingame with standing by dummies g ship , and if it was correct in the first place you could manipulate the initial tick either way to make it every cycle on a 12lock split which is impossible on a 6split.
Sigh, tilo srsly think before posting
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2016 at 5:33pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Mmm I guess they fixed something. Seriously eat a dick.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Nope. They didn't fix it. Looks like I gave Turbine a bit too much credit for fixing a bug, and blackheartx way too much credit for being able to count to 10 to see that the aura doesn't tick as described.
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2016 at 1:38pm by »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #13 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Nope. They didn't fix it. Looks like I gave Turbine a bit too much credit for fixing a bug, and blackheartx way too much credit for being able to count to 10 to see that the aura doesn't tick as described.

The best part is where he says:
Lelouch wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 5:28pm:
...Sigh, tilo srsly think before posting

Should have taken his own advice years ago.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
Apparently, the 3 second timer on spirit regen is a rounded down number as well, and longer than 3 seconds.

So both 6 and 12 warlock generate roughly the same spirit. Roughly 1 spirit per 2 seconds. I guess it's not a bug, tooltips are just tooltips and not exact.
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2016 at 2:15pm by »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Quote:
tooltips are just tooltips

Sad Sad

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #16 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Apparently, the 3 second timer on spirit regen is a rounded down number as well, and longer than 3 seconds.

So both 6 and 12 warlock generate roughly the same spirit. Roughly 1 spirit per 2 seconds. I guess it's not a bug, tooltips are just tooltips and not exact.

Not correct at all, standing near tr dummies and turning aura on at the the time you want to produce spirit gives 1 spirit per 3 seconds on a 12 lock split, you skip sequences when you turn the aura beforehand and run into dummies or after the spirit resets in case you have a bar nearby.
Need to turn aura at spot where you want to produce spirit.
Also the damage ticks from aura are different for 6 1 and 12 split, didnt test higher tiers because i dont want to play a pure lock or 18 lock in this game, and as i said you can manipulate when you gain spirit so you can easily play around any "imaginative" incorrect timing anyways (if they exist in the first place), since with a 12 lock when you turn aura at dummies it generates exactly 1 spirit for every tick needed and you dont need to manipulate which shows that the tick timing is correct
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2016 at 7:14pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 5:39am
Print Post  
So what you're saying is... you spam your aura on and off to get it to jive with spirit regeneration? ...Why?

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #18 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 6:10am
Print Post  
Quote:

I bet you were testing it in an actual quest environment as opposed to Ledouchebag who thinks testing with training dummies with nearby bars is the right approach.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #19 - Jun 25th, 2016 at 5:16am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 6:10am:
nearby bars

Jus' sayin'.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jun 30th, 2016 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Anyone noticed that T5 Kensai will not give a bonus to crit range for unarmed fighting?

Does work for Kamas.   not for handwraps or for tree form.

Anyone figure this out at all?  would T5 shintao be a better option for a monk based tree?  the constantly increasing threat range until crits? 

dousnt sound like it would be a bad thing, but man thats alot of AP to spend on nothing it it doest work out

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #21 - Jun 30th, 2016 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
ElGuapo wrote on Jun 30th, 2016 at 6:09pm:
Anyone noticed that T5 Kensai will not give a bonus to crit range for unarmed fighting?

Does work for Kamas.   not for handwraps or for tree form.

Anyone figure this out at all? 

As expected, nothing else does.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jun 30th, 2016 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
have you tested T5 shintao 5foot?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #23 - Jun 30th, 2016 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
ElGuapo wrote on Jun 30th, 2016 at 6:33pm:
have you tested T5 shintao 5foot?

I haven't tested it personally, but it works for unarmed so it should work for wolf and tree.

Nubbinns or Lelo should be able to actually verify.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jun 30th, 2016 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
frustrating because Kensai Druidic Weapons specifically states UNARMED FIGHTING and it does not work with wraps or with tree form or with nothing at all equipped in weapon slots.  would have synergized great with the tree
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2016 at 6:47pm by ElGuapo »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint