Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Don't craft anything yet.... (Read 16697 times)
Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Don't craft anything yet....
Sep 13th, 2016 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Looks like there is a bug that causes your crafting XP to decrease by something like 90% the first time you craft something...  Apparently it some "world property" that they are working on to fix....

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Don't craft anything yet....
Reply #1 - Sep 13th, 2016 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Oh exciting. I was wondering how they planned to fuck this up.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 13th, 2016 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
I honestly enjoy laughing at how they fuck up each and every update more than I enjoy the new content they are putting out.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #3 - Sep 13th, 2016 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/478597-New-crafting-is-screwed-in-Upda...

Literally nobody should be surprised by this, but true to form the fanboys on the other forums were chomping at the bit and drooling to be the first ones to craft their new shinies and then act all upset when it went exactly how every major update has gone for the last year.

Go figure.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Sep 13th, 2016 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
L
O
L
!

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #5 - Sep 13th, 2016 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Crafting as I type, nothing to it.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Sep 13th, 2016 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Looks like it's safe to get in the water now, the "world property" appears to have been fixed.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #7 - Sep 13th, 2016 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
old is new... what else could be expected.

as I read not long ago, in the old days the fact that games were sold on floppies/CDs/Catridges and that updating said game meant sending more floppies/CDs or replacing cartridges developpers took care to deliver a finished product that worked fine. Nowadays they don't care if there's a game breaking issue, they'll just push a new update the next day on the Internet for all to download.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Sep 13th, 2016 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Sep 13th, 2016 at 1:49pm:
old is new... what else could be expected.

as I read not long ago, in the old days the fact that games were sold on floppies/CDs/Catridges and that updating said game meant sending more floppies/CDs or replacing cartridges developpers took care to deliver a finished product that worked fine. Nowadays they don't care if there's a game breaking issue, they'll just push a new update the next day on the Internet for all to download.

Oh its even worse with non-MMOs. There have been a huge string of completely broken on release day games recently. Some have never been fixed.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Sep 13th, 2016 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Quote:
We're working to correct this. There's a world property right now that's causing problems with our Cannith level conversion versioning. We are working to fix the world property as we speak. For those already impacted, we'll have info on how you'll get corrected shortly.

"A world property" means you're in their world now.  For those already impacted, call their tech support to get fixed.  Oh, wait...

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Sep 13th, 2016 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
LOL.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Sep 13th, 2016 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Game client at 14%... anyone make anything fun yet?

Lol in preparation for this update, occasionally when I spotted something dirt cheap on the AH with a good slotted augment(FF, heavy fort, etc, for 5-6k) I bought it. Those will be fun to craft on since blanking does not clear augment slots.

IP Logged

LurkYouRongTime
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Sep 13th, 2016 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 13th, 2016 at 8:15pm:
Game client at 14%... anyone make anything fun yet?

Lol in preparation for this update, occasionally when I spotted something dirt cheap on the AH with a good slotted augment(FF, heavy fort, etc, for 5-6k) I bought it. Those will be fun to craft on since blanking does not clear augment slots.

Nope, too many new collectables required for new CC and WAAAAAAAY too many ingredients required for the slaver's lords items Smiley

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - Sep 13th, 2016 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
LurkYouRongTime wrote on Sep 13th, 2016 at 9:03pm:
Nope, too many new collectables required for new CC and WAAAAAAAY too many ingredients required for the slaver's lords items Smiley

Yep, been at the system for a little over an hour and that is exactly the conclusion. I was able to make a few nice things and leveled crafting acceptably fast, but I burned through nearly all my banked essences getting there. I can CRAFT insighful stats, but I don't have the collectables. I even tried buying them in the store - you can buy any rare but the commons are random. I bought 4 boxes of commons and did not get a single "new" collectable.

Twas funny.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #14 - Sep 13th, 2016 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 13th, 2016 at 10:04pm:
I can CRAFT insighful stats, but I don't have the collectables.

anti-duping measures Cheesy

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 12:57am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 13th, 2016 at 3:36pm:
"A world property" means you're in their world now.  For those already impacted, call their tech support to get fixed.  Oh, wait...

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 1:19am
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 12:57am:

The problem with a mental image is that it's already too late to put your own eyes out.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #17 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 1:41am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 13th, 2016 at 10:04pm:
...but I don't have the collectables. I even tried buying them in the store - you can buy any rare but the commons are random. I bought 4 boxes of commons and did not get a single "new" collectable....

You don't think this was by accident on Turbine's part do you?  Milking whales out of $$ and TP while completely dry fucking the rest of their customers is about the only thing Turbine ever gets right in updates.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #18 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 8:16am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 1:41am:
You don't think this was by accident on Turbine's part do you?  Milking whales out of $$ and TP while completely dry fucking the rest of their customers is about the only thing Turbine ever gets right in updates.

Cry Cry Cry
Sadly, recent years strongly support your hypothesis

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 1:41am:

Play the fucking game, gather your shit and make the stuff you want.  Turbine has to make money to provide the game.  If you are too impatient to collect things then whip out your dick and shove it in the T-hole, but don't complain it doesn't feel as nice as you want it to... it's not a pussy or an ass.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
I made a few ML27 & ML28 shards to raise my skill level, but stopped after getting the ML28s to 100% success and not seeing anything higher appear in the list.  This is on the bound machine, I see up to ~ML24 on the unbound machine.

I'll save my essences until I figure out if this is a bug or working as intended.  They claimed at you'd be able to make stuff with only a 1% success chance, so the ML29+ shards should be showing up on the list after (long before, actually) you crack 100% on the ML28s.

The only other things that will raise my crafting XP are shards using the new collecables, so of course I have none of those and can't even try.
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2016 at 2:26pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #21 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 2:24pm:
I made a few ML27 & ML28 shards to raise my skill level, but stopped after getting the ML28s to 100% success and not seeing anything higher appear in the list.  This is on the bound machine, I see up to ~ML24 on the unbound machine.

Try crafting by XP and increasing the max level on the right side.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #22 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
You gotta bump up the level, too.  Make sure it's at 340.

You'll burn out at about level 381 with just essences.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #23 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Yeah you have to keep manually raising the max level, it doesn't automatically go up if you keep the crafting window open.

IP Logged

LurkYouRongTime
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 2:24pm:

I'll save my essences until I figure out if this is a bug or working as intended.  They claimed at you'd be able to make stuff with only a 1% success chance, so the ML29+ shards should be showing up on the list after (long before, actually) you crack 100% on the ML28s.

The only other things that will raise my crafting XP are shards using the new collecables, so of course I have none of those and can't even try.

Close the crafting machine and re-open it to update to your newest crafting level and new stuff will appear, or manually adjust the crafting level (I think it's just above the crafting booster slot) to say: "1 to 400" instead of "1 to 260" or whatever you started with. You can make stuff with 1% chance but there is a bug I discovered if you chance is below 6% (from my limited testing) it doesn't take success boosters into account.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint