Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic When I Think You Couldn't Be Any Dumber (Read 6245 times)
Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

When I Think You Couldn't Be Any Dumber
Sep 16th, 2016 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
They go and do something like this and totally redeem themselves.
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/478808-Is-there-a-way-to-turn-down-vio...

If that's not an intentional troll post, it's a terribly sad commentary on how far the bar has been lowered in society.

« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2016 at 12:14pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Re: When I Think You Couldn't Be Any Dumber
Reply #1 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
That OP gets the Quality Troll Seal of Approval.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #2 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Troll fail.

There's more violence in TV than in DDO

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #3 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Sep 16th, 2016 at 12:31pm:
Troll fail.

What the fuck are you talking about, faggot?  Look at the frequency and intensity of responses; that troll WINS!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Isn't there a way to turn it down? I seem to recall seeing that in the settings somewhere. Not saying there should be if there isn't, that's dumb.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
That thread is kind of a sad head shake-fest. Aside from some of the parenting comments it makes me once again wish mmore of ddo's community had been less worried about sticking with the DND franchise and be more gamer looking for the right game and setting.

Virtually everyone asking for more gore better kill animations and even moreature story content would of been better off on age of Conan. And had that game had the population boost it might not of turned into the stagnant wow clone it has become. However it is a very good raid oriented wow clone so this DDO player who seek an MMO with more mature content including partial nudity and story lines where young women are ravished by vile man apes its still an OK option.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #6 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
It was actually me who started that topic. I wanted to demonstrate that IT IS POSSIBLE to get lower.

And btw nignog... I WOULD NOT HAVE EXPECTED THIS SIDE EFFECT. You coming in and immediately realizing the troll. I am impressed. +10 vault cred and +2 dropbear confirmation points for you.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #7 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Sep 16th, 2016 at 2:24pm:
It was actually me who started that topic. I wanted to demonstrate that IT IS POSSIBLE to get lower.

And btw nignog... I WOULD NOT HAVE EXPECTED THIS SIDE EFFECT. You coming in and immediately realizing the troll. I am impressed. +10 vault cred and +2 dropbear confirmation points for you.

A stopped clock is right twice a day?
Grin Grin Grin

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #8 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Sep 16th, 2016 at 2:29pm:
A stopped clock is right twice a day?
Grin Grin Grin

Or "it takes one to know one". A lot of quotes would be appropriate.

Btw I was actually thinking on gathering trolls from here and swarm the original moboes with similar dumb topics. Since the mobo is utterly useless now, why not just ruin/dumb it down completely?

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

RolyPoly
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Sep 16th, 2016 at 2:33pm:
Btw I was actually thinking on gathering trolls from here and swarm the original moboes with similar dumb topics. Since the mobo is utterly useless now, why not just ruin/dumb it down completely?

Wait... we haven't already been doing that?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
RolyPoly wrote on Sep 16th, 2016 at 3:22pm:
Wait... we haven't already been doing that?

Most of us have better things to do with our time.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #11 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 6:51pm
Print Post  

Wouldn't that be like painting shit brown?

Besides, it would likely fail, you just can't get any dumber than they already are. Sending over our 20 dumbest would raise the average IQ on both forums  Roll Eyes

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Sep 16th, 2016 at 6:51pm:
Besides, it would likely fail, you just can't get any dumber than they already are. Sending over our 20 dumbest would raise the average IQ on both forums  Roll Eyes

I'm not seeing the downside, here.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #13 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Or "it takes one to know one". A lot of quotes would be appropriate.

If your idea is to start a bunch of threads on the other forums about stupid things, I don't think they'd notice any difference.

Would be like peeing into the ocean.

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 16th, 2016 at 7:51pm:
If your idea is to start a bunch of threads on the other forums about stupid things, I don't think they'd notice any difference.

Would be like peeing into the ocean.

Don't you mean like pissing into an outhouse? Because I wouldn't consider a turbine product comparable to the ocean in its beauty and grandeur.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
karavek wrote on Sep 16th, 2016 at 9:48pm:
Don't you mean like pissing into an outhouse? Because I wouldn't consider a turbine product comparable to the ocean in its beauty and grandeur.

Pretty sure he was referencing the dilution and not the aesthetic.

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 2:00am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Sep 16th, 2016 at 11:14pm:
Pretty sure he was referencing the dilution and not the aesthetic.

I'd posit that his intent was to express pissing would make no meaningful impact. I'd then argue that if ones intent was to imply pissing made no impact a tank full of piss and shit would be more accurate an anology then the ocean. As a tank full of human waste is far more accurate an analogue then something as amazing and life sustaining as the ocean. Seriously turdbin as so many less civil use here being compared to ocean or outhouse which sounds more appropriate an analogue.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #17 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 2:06am
Print Post  

Rio de Janeiro would disagree.  Guess you weren't paying attention to the olympics.

For reference:
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2016 at 2:07am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 5:01am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 17th, 2016 at 2:06am:
Rio de Janeiro would disagree.  Guess you weren't paying attention to the olympics.

For reference:
https://i.imgur.com/ulCbb3P.jpg

LOL
+1

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #19 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 5:16am
Print Post  
Don't you mean like pissing into an outhouse?

No. Because, like pissing in an outhouse, you know, MAKES FUCKING SENSE! This is turbine we are talking about here.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #20 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Quote:
When I Think You Couldn't Be Any Dumber

you capitalize every word in a sentence revealing yourself to be fran

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 17th, 2016 at 2:06am:

For reference:
https://i.imgur.com/ulCbb3P.jpg

Nope never have cared one whit about the Olympics. But I get what your saying Rio did to the ocean what turbine does to games? We do as a species often when poorly lead do muck up the very water sources we build around. The history and science of sewers actually has some pretty interesting tidbits among all the shit.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #22 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
karavek wrote on Sep 17th, 2016 at 2:04pm:
Nope never have cared one whit about the Olympics. But I get what your saying Rio did to the ocean what turbine does to games? We do as a species often when poorly lead do muck up the very water sources we build around. The history and science of sewers actually has some pretty interesting tidbits among all the shit.

/sigh

Guess you need this spelled out.

Peeing into an ocean is a reference to differences in scale.  Volume of the oceans = ~1.37 billion km3.  Volume of an average pee = ~300-500ml.  Adding or removing 500ml of liquid from an ocean is virtually unmeasurable with regard to the overall volume of that ocean.

Peeing into an ocean is an analogy implying that the official forums contain massive amounts of stupidity and troll posts.  It implies that adding a few additional troll posts from people here to that would effect the same level of quantitative change in those forums as adding a cup of pee to the ocean would, which is effectively zero.  Yes, it is not actually zero, but it would require so many significant digits to actually measure it that it does not matter.

I'm not an outhouse expert, but I suspect that the volume of liquid they contain is respectively small enough compared to a glass of pee that adding said glass of pee to it would at least be a measurable change in the quantity/volume.  This makes an ocean a much better comparison to illustrate the insignificance of a few extra troll posts on the forums.

It has jack all to do with the beauty of nature.  It has jack all to do with outhouses.  It has jack all to do with the actual quality of the game.  We're talking volume/quantity and you're trying to inject quality into it.

« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2016 at 4:45pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #23 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 17th, 2016 at 10:03am:
you capitalize every word in a sentence revealing yourself to be fran

Ooooo... a grammar nazi!

It is a title, not a sentence.  Titles have their own set of rules for capitalization. 

Fran may be bad at grammar, but I don't recall seeing him try to call anyone else out on their's.  More accurately, trying and failing miserably like you.  That would seem to indicate that Fran > you.

You should have paid more attention in school.
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2016 at 2:30pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
I found it... setting is right next to the rage-quit option toggle...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint