Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Kensei Shuriken 2 (Read 12112 times)
harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Kensei Shuriken 2
Nov 6th, 2016 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
I'm trying to finalize my kensei shuriken build now.

I'm leaning toward 12Monk/8Fighter Helf (14 Helf, 41 elf AA, 11 Kensei, 6 NjS, 8 Harper)

Other option is drop AA Capstone, go 8Mnk/6Ftr/6Rgr and do just like 6 Helf, 32 Ranger AA, 11 Kensei, 11 DWS, 7NjS) and still have like 13 AP leftover. Lose 4 Dex and 20% Doubleshot, but have enough AP to get almost all that Dex back (1 in Kensei, 2 in Harper for like 9AP)

Losing 20% Doubleshot sucks, but if you're overall missile proc rate is like 3.4 (1 throw, 2x85 Dex + 70% DS), losing .2 of that is only like a 5% proc rate reduction (.2/3.4). So basically you sacrifice 5% missile procs for the ability to use Sniper shot and the SA damage/SA range.

You also get +2 damage from Rams Might, FE, and Camo if you choose to go with Scion/Ethereal which pairs well with Sniper Shot.

I haven't decided if I want to keep Ranger yet.

The other build I was looking at was a 12Fighter/8Monk going Tier 5 Ninja Spy for +2 Crit threat, Kensei T4 for +1 Multi and Power Surge. Go Human for Dex and Wisdom boost on Action Boost/Dual Boost. When you hit your Power Surge and Human Damage Boost, you will get 11 Wisdom and 11 Dex, which when you hit 10k will give you another 11 Ranged Power. The idea with this build would be to run in LD and have higher average damage but still be bursty (like 50/50 instead instead of like 70/30 with an adrenaline/Slayer build).

Anyone else building kensei shuriken builds yet?

« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2016 at 8:39pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: Kensei Shuriken
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2016 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Also considering a tankier Shuriken build for Reaper that's 14 Pal/6 Monk...

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Nov 6th, 2016 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
a friend tested good death and deadly strike with repeaters and said that they both were procing on all 3 bolts and all mobs through ips. should be same for stars?

harharharhar wrote on Nov 6th, 2016 at 4:20pm:
Also considering a tankier Shuriken build for Reaper that's 14 Pal/6 Monk...

how high is that prr going to be? every trash mob hits like sorjek in slaver 10 skull. I imagine 10 skull sorjek is gonna smash for 10k before prr. it's a cc fest. should either go full dps with cc bot, or full cc and proc chance for nerve venom.   

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #3 - Nov 6th, 2016 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Most of the well geared toons were taking 1 hit in a wheloon we were runnin'. Wheloon isn't even lvl 30. Damage was scaled up from there.

It may be a "Go Tank" or dump con type of thing lol.

Already lookin at pulling the old sleetstorm shiradis out of retirement.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #4 - Nov 6th, 2016 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 6th, 2016 at 5:32pm:
a friend tested good death and deadly strike with repeaters and said that they both were procing on all 3 bolts and all mobs through ips. should be same for stars?

I got "wrong weapon" with the ranged version on shuri.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #5 - Nov 6th, 2016 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 6th, 2016 at 5:32pm:

how high is that prr going to be? every trash mob hits like sorjek in slaver 10 skull. I imagine 10 skull sorjek is gonna smash for 10k before prr. it's a cc fest. should either go full dps with cc bot, or full cc and proc chance for nerve venom.   

I still don't see Kensei T5 holding a candle to either Slayer + Adren or +2 Crit threat in NjS. Problem with NjS of course is the lockout of slayer, which sort of makes Fury not really worth it, so LD/SD/DC for EDs. I wonder if the CC of Shiradi will make it worth the DPS hit on bosses? I'm skeptical, because when in doubt just kill it faster.

Perhaps I shouldn't have said Tanky, that's my bad. All I meant by it was "a harder to kill fury shuri".

Thinking about Shintao PRR + SD + Earth Stance =

Helf = 14AP
Hel AA = 41AP
Shintao = 8AP  (kind of expensive but also gives the 20% Healing Amp, 20 Pos SP, and +1 to saves).
NjS = 11AP
Harper = 6AP

Shintao - 20 PRR
Sacred Defender - 25 PRR, +3 saves
PL's - 27PRR
Earth Stance - 15PRR
=72 before equipment or buffs.

Maybe up around 150PRR?

Anyway, saves would be mid 80's I think, maye pushing 90's reflex. 25% Incorp ~30'ish Dodge, 250'ish AC (Don't know if this matters). If this level of defense really is not meaningful then screw it. The +1 multi and +1 threat is still attractive from Holy Sword, and Pally Self heals are nice.

Side question: is AA para-arrow usable in Reaper? Going back to a Wisdom/Enchant DC build might be fun for Reaper if it would work. What are the saves like in there?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Nov 6th, 2016 at 11:47pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 6th, 2016 at 10:43pm:
Side question: is AA para-arrow usable in Reaper? Going back to a Wisdom/Enchant DC build might be fun for Reaper if it would work. What are the saves like in there?

should be fine.  foppy and co. completed a few reaper dungeons. they said holds were landing.

I rolled a pdk that was a cha based pure fighter for dire charge and vanguard cap+tier 5. DC of 130 charge and 140 shield all worked. Devs said they planned on raising the saves by +1 for each skull, maxing at 10 for 10 skull. It wasnt on the lama preview. Maybe it will be on the next version when it's up.

Even at +10 reaper, tactic based dcs will break their saves. think max possible stun shield is 160~. But Hold will still outshine it because of range and wider aoe. idk how it will be for hold/paralyze when they implement the reaper save bonus

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Nov 6th, 2016 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Nov 6th, 2016 at 6:21pm:
Most of the well geared toons were taking 1 hit in a wheloon we were runnin'. Wheloon isn't even lvl 30. Damage was scaled up from there.

It may be a "Go Tank" or dump con type of thing lol.

Already lookin at pulling the old sleetstorm shiradis out of retirement.

Is crippling working on reds? even if it doesnt work on reds it should be another solid no-save cc option for ranged. shimmering arrow head farm, anyone?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #8 - Nov 6th, 2016 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 6th, 2016 at 4:19pm:
Anyone else building kensei shuriken builds yet?

Back in May.

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1464380712/0#0

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Nov 7th, 2016 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
I have one that I think will work for reaper 10. I updated it off your suggestions. I'll PM it.

Oh, mobs in reaper have +10 to all saves and 90% damage reduction and some on top of that have random 2000 dr of different types.

Replace weapon I sent with TF 1st deg/aug/Crippling flame. Should be ~114 necro equivalent.

I'm working on something special though. Off the wall nonsensical that will be so elegant by the time it comes together it will make your head spin.
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2016 at 11:30pm by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #10 - Nov 11th, 2016 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I have one that I think will work for reaper 10. I updated it off your suggestions. I'll PM it.

Oh, mobs in reaper have +10 to all saves and 90% damage reduction and some on top of that have random 2000 dr of different types.

Replace weapon I sent with TF 1st deg/aug/Crippling flame. Should be ~114 necro equivalent.

I'm working on something special though. Off the wall nonsensical that will be so elegant by the time it comes together it will make your head spin.

Yeah that sounds pretty good, will be fun to see if Terror arrow can be worked back in successfully. pre-Reaper I just seem to be killing trash with max dps as fast or faster than trying to roll 20s, and the red name dps is so much better I've transitioned out of it.

But if reaper mobs are really hard to DPS down or just stupid HP, I could see trying to make it work again.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #11 - Nov 11th, 2016 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 6th, 2016 at 11:59pm:

That was pre-Multipliers working...Can't deny you pitched a kensei/LD build though. It's a lot more compelling with the multi's fixed. Though I think x3 Slayer/Adren shuri's are just going to be too juicy.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #12 - Nov 17th, 2016 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
R.I.P. Tilo: we hardly knew ye, nor did we giveth a fucketh about thee.

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Nov 19th, 2016 at 1:19am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 11th, 2016 at 10:48pm:
That was pre-Multipliers working...Can't deny you pitched a kensei/LD build though. It's a lot more compelling with the multi's fixed. Though I think x3 Slayer/Adren shuri's are just going to be too juicy.

It's better to have too many great options than not enough right?  Wink

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #14 - Nov 24th, 2016 at 3:29am
Print Post  
So my final build is:

6 Fighter Kensei Core 3
6 Ranger for Sniper, Feats/Manyshot and AA T5
8 Monk for 10k, etc
Helf

My final AP will be:
11 DWS
6 NjS
4 Helf (AB)
15 Kensei (Ki Regen, +1 Multi, +3 AB)
34 AA (Slayer and Imbue)
4 Tempest (Deflect Arrows 2/sec)

6 Leftover I went with 3 more dex in trees.

So the biggest consideration for this build in my mind is whether you want Crit Multi and Deepwood Sniper with Slayer, or just Crit Multi and Slayer +20% Doubleshot and +4 Dex from Racial AA Capstone

Losing 20%DS and +4 Dex hurts, but it allows you take Kensei crit and Sniper Shot with Slayer arrow. The difference in Burst damage with and without Sniper Shot, especially with +1 Crit Multi, is HUGE. My calcs have Sniper shot/Adrenaline increasing burst damage over 20 seconds by ~30% versus without it. That's a huge difference. Losing 20% DS and +4 Dex is nowhere near 30% of your DPS. In the end for Min/Max it's the only choice.

Of course Kensei crit multi works for Manyshot with a bow too, for x4 crits. Finally, Sniper Shot helps to maximize the SA damage. With Smiting Arrows, Grim Precision, and Shattering Shot from Kensei, you can bypass:
Precision 25
Shattering Shot 15
Smiting Arrows 25
Armor Piercing 28
Grim Precision 15
----------------------
98% Fort Bypass. That's BEFORE Destruction/Improved Destruction, Insightful Armor Piercing, Wrack Construct, etc. You can pretty much crit and Sneak Attack anything. You also have pretty good range from DWS on the SA damage.

Of course, if you disagree with me or play differently, you can skip DWS and go with AA Capstone through Helf. That's the best part of 8/6/6, it's a great platform for a lot of different AP spreads and even feat choices. This life I went with:

1-6 Monk
(ShuriExp, Precision, PBS, Quickdraw, 10k, Completionist)
7-12 Ranger
(Rapid Shot, Zen Archery, Precise Shot, Manyshot, Master of Forms)
13-14 Monk
15-20 Fighter
(IC Thrown, IPS, IC Ranged, WF Thrown, WSpec Thrown, WF Ranged)
Epic:
OC, Deflect Arrows, Pierce Silver, Blinding Speed, Doubleshot, Harbinger of Chaos, Scion Ethereal, WSpec Ranged

Burst damage is nuts on this character, and SA damage + Imbues means non-burst damage is really good too. Should be a nice bump to thrower builds, though given the AP requirements not as much as some might have thought.

I considered other splits including 12 FIghter/8 Monk but you can't do Racial AA and still have enough AP for Power Surge no matter what. I thought about 12 Monk 6 Fighter 2 Ranger is gimped without Sniper Shot. 14 Paladin/6 Monk seems like it could be cool, but you're VERY feat strapped, and lose out on Manyshot which is the best part of your burst damage.

In the end, this is the only split I think really makes sense for a furyshotter/thrower.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #15 - Nov 24th, 2016 at 3:43am
Print Post  
Also in my DPS regressions it looked like you would have to be able to increase damage rate by something like 60% to make switching destinies and dropping slayer/sniper+adrenaline worthwhile. There is no way to do that in either Shadowdancer or Legendary Dreadnought.

Put another way,

Fully buffed in LD, you'll do about 70k-80k damage in 20 seconds auto attacking (being generous)
In Fury, You will do between 200k-300k using 3-4 adrenaline's. In that 20 seconds you will regen 1-2

There is just no amount of power in other destinies to make sacrificing the burst DPS of Fury make any sense at all.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #16 - Nov 24th, 2016 at 3:49am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 24th, 2016 at 3:43am:
Also in my DPS regressions it looked like you would have to be able to increase damage rate by something like 60% to make switching destinies and dropping slayer/sniper+adrenaline worthwhile. There is no way to do that in either Shadowdancer or Legendary Dreadnought.

Put another way,

Fully buffed in LD, you'll do about 70k-80k damage in 20 seconds auto attacking (being generous)
In Fury, You will do between 200k-300k using 3-4 adrenaline's (A+Slayer/A+Sniper/A+Sniper, and in 21seconds you could do a second A+Slayer). In that 20 seconds you will regen 1-2 Adrenaline's.

There is just no amount of power in other destinies to make sacrificing the burst DPS of Fury make any sense at all.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #17 - Nov 24th, 2016 at 3:51am
Print Post  
Hmm cant modify my own posts

IP Logged

Steelstar
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Nov 24th, 2016 at 4:06am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 24th, 2016 at 3:29am:
So my final build is:

6 Fighter Kensei Core 3
6 Ranger for Sniper, Feats/Manyshot and AA T5
8 Monk for 10k, etc
Helf

My final AP will be:
11 DWS
6 NjS
4 Helf (AB)
15 Kensei (Ki Regen, +1 Multi, +3 AB)
34 AA (Slayer and Imbue)
4 Tempest (Deflect Arrows 2/sec)

6 Leftover I went with 3 more dex in trees.

So the biggest consideration for this build in my mind is whether you want Crit Multi and Deepwood Sniper with Slayer, or just Crit Multi and Slayer +20% Doubleshot and +4 Dex from Racial AA Capstone

Losing 20%DS and +4 Dex hurts, but it allows you take Kensei crit and Sniper Shot with Slayer arrow. The difference in Burst damage with and without Sniper Shot, especially with +1 Crit Multi, is HUGE. My calcs have Sniper shot/Adrenaline increasing burst damage over 20 seconds by ~30% versus without it. That's a huge difference. Losing 20% DS and +4 Dex is nowhere near 30% of your DPS. In the end for Min/Max it's the only choice.

Of course Kensei crit multi works for Manyshot with a bow too, for x4 crits. Finally, Sniper Shot helps to maximize the SA damage. With Smiting Arrows, Grim Precision, and Shattering Shot from Kensei, you can bypass:
Precision 25
Shattering Shot 15
Smiting Arrows 25
Armor Piercing 28
Grim Precision 15
----------------------
98% Fort Bypass. That's BEFORE Destruction/Improved Destruction, Insightful Armor Piercing, Wrack Construct, etc. You can pretty much crit and Sneak Attack anything. You also have pretty good range from DWS on the SA damage.

Of course, if you disagree with me or play differently, you can skip DWS and go with AA Capstone through Helf. That's the best part of 8/6/6, it's a great platform for a lot of different AP spreads and even feat choices. This life I went with:

1-6 Monk
(ShuriExp, Precision, PBS, Quickdraw, 10k, Completionist)
7-12 Ranger
(Rapid Shot, Zen Archery, Precise Shot, Manyshot, Master of Forms)
13-14 Monk
15-20 Fighter
(IC Thrown, IPS, IC Ranged, WF Thrown, WSpec Thrown, WF Ranged)
Epic:
OC, Deflect Arrows, Pierce Silver, Blinding Speed, Doubleshot, Harbinger of Chaos, Scion Ethereal, WSpec Ranged

Burst damage is nuts on this character, and SA damage + Imbues means non-burst damage is really good too. Should be a nice bump to thrower builds, though given the AP requirements not as much as some might have thought.

I considered other splits including 12 FIghter/8 Monk but you can't do Racial AA and still have enough AP for Power Surge no matter what. I thought about 12 Monk 6 Fighter 2 Ranger is gimped without Sniper Shot. 14 Paladin/6 Monk seems like it could be cool, but you're VERY feat strapped, and lose out on Manyshot which is the best part of your burst damage.

In the end, this is the only split I think really makes sense for a furyshotter/thrower.

Good looking build Jak.

FYI will actually be giving up 40% doubleshot with shuriken and 45% doubleshot with bows. That because currently Elf AAs get another 20% doubleshot when they take the T5 Final strike ability. It still gives the scaling AOE attack and increased damage from the hot bar, but also gives Elf AAs an extra 20% double strike. Of course the shadowarrows gives another 5% when you use a bow as well.

I went that direction with my HeLF chucker along with kensai, ninja, etc. to get all that free double shot and the +4 dex as well.  I end up with a free 73%/78% doubleshot that require zip boosting whatsoever, plus of course the 75% doubleshot for shuriken expertise, and the 75% doubleshot from Adv Ninja.  It's hell on wheels when I turn 10K on as well.  I can post it if you like, I'd be interested in any feedback you might have. 

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #19 - Nov 24th, 2016 at 4:21am
Print Post  
Yeah I know there's an extra 20% from Core right now with Final Shot bug, but I actually did the math between the two builds as -40% and -4 Dex. Just wasn't trying to talk about it in public.

It's still WAY ahead of the non-Sniper shot build. If you're using Scion of Ethereal and Manyshot, I dont think there's any real contest between Capstone or no Capstone. If you're only throwing Shuriken maybe its less bad, but

Honestly, the better question for this build is whether or not Crit multi is more damage, or Capstone DS+Dex. Because Sniper shot with Slayer and Adrenaline is already more important for DPS than +1 Crit multi or 40% Doubleshot and 4 Dex.

IP Logged

Steelstar
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Nov 24th, 2016 at 4:33am
Print Post  
No worries, the word and knowledge about the extra 20% is out there in the public bandwith, it was even discussed by Cordovan and others in a livestream a few weeks ago. They didn't seem to have any interest in fixing the bug, none at all. What was interesting to me was how few knew that the final strike was still working as well as giving the double shot bonus.  Another interesting aspect is that when you hit the Final shot button to attack it gooses the double another 20 for that volley, but with doubleshot and dex doubleshots already at 75 and 79% it's no big deal.

I have found the combination of Sniper/Slayer/Finalshot with adrenaline are rather extraordinary, the scaling of Finalshot with adrenaline and the extra 20% DS makes what was a pretty sub-par T5 into a treat.

I went back and forth and for consistency of performance and DPS in a chucker with ElfAA it makes more sense to take the full capstone and the 40%ds.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #21 - Nov 24th, 2016 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Steel wrote on Nov 24th, 2016 at 4:33am:
No worries, the word and knowledge about the extra 20% is out there in the public bandwith, it was even discussed by Cordovan and others in a livestream a few weeks ago. They didn't seem to have any interest in fixing the bug, none at all. What was interesting to me was how few knew that the final strike was still working as well as giving the double shot bonus.  Another interesting aspect is that when you hit the Final shot button to attack it gooses the double another 20 for that volley, but with doubleshot and dex doubleshots already at 75 and 79% it's no big deal.

I have found the combination of Sniper/Slayer/Finalshot with adrenaline are rather extraordinary, the scaling of Finalshot with adrenaline and the extra 20% DS makes what was a pretty sub-par T5 into a treat.

I went back and forth and for consistency of performance and DPS in a chucker with ElfAA it makes more sense to take the full capstone and the 40%ds.

So you're saying you prefer the build without Kensei +1 Crit?

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #22 - Nov 24th, 2016 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 24th, 2016 at 2:42pm:
So you're saying you prefer the build without Kensei +1 Crit?

I'm saying you're a complete faggot.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #23 - Nov 24th, 2016 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
My calclulations show that the biggest contributor to DPS at end for one of these builds is not 4 more dex and even 60 Doubleshot. It's the ability to stack Deepwood and SLayer arrows with Adrenaline and all the buffs for massive gigantic crits.

Losing either the +1 Mutli from Kensei or the ability to use Sniper + Adrenaline is much bigger hit to DPS in all my DPS scenarios I've run than the 4 more dex and even 50% Doubleshot.

That's why I've chosen to go with maximum burst DPS. The DPS between Adrenaline + Active Attack will be lower without capstone, but not 33% lower like total DPS will be if you forgo Sniper, or 20% lower if you forgo the Multiplier from Kensei.

I understand the urge to go capstone, I always have. That's why I did 2 full days of modeling in Excel to try and find out for sure. If you absolutely don't want to live without Capstone, then skip Kensei. But it will be lower total DPS than skipping Capstone.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #24 - Nov 24th, 2016 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 24th, 2016 at 2:51pm:
My calclulations show..

...that you're totally gay.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint