Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic How long until this is ddo? (Read 8172 times)
eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Re: How long until this is ddo?
Reply #25 - Feb 19th, 2017 at 12:25am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Feb 18th, 2017 at 5:30pm:
I don't get the bitcoin relation.  You're using transactions for what, exactly?  To confirm that I only hit for 12,000 light damage/swing?

You can't trust clients, especially when they're servers too.

you answer your own question so well that i wonder if u were trying to get me to further articulate on a point you agreed with while feigning ignorance

Bitcoin uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority or banks; managing transactions and the issuing of bitcoins is carried out collectively by the network. Bitcoin is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls Bitcoin and everyone can take part. Through many of its unique properties, Bitcoin allows exciting uses that could not be covered by any previous payment system. it is a internationally traded currency whos current exchange rate is...
1 bitcoin = ~$1050 american dollars

i use this example to show how p2p technology can be used on a massive scale, in sync, without the threat of client manipulations. in the end all software is files and systems. this is an example of using p2p to successfully host dynamic files and systems on client hardware. to put it into your own words, consider the ddo player database as "transactions" as items abilities and variables alter the end result that is your character. consider the movement of you and your peers in ddo maps as transactions as well. effectively you have a defined space, defined entities, and defined inputs. its another set of "transactions" to tell each client where to place the graphical representation of you and your actions in real time. consider your own interaction with the game. as you press keys, your computer outputs and relays data to a server to inform it of your actions, so that other clients can then visualize a representation of this. everything in DDO is "transactions". and the bitcoin system seems to have eradicated the concept of exploiting, otherwise i doubt the value of a single bitcoin would literally outweigh the value of 1000 american dollars

that is why i am making bitcoin comparisons

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #26 - Feb 19th, 2017 at 1:22am
Print Post  
If it made sense, it would be a very powerful idea.

eighnuss wrote on Feb 19th, 2017 at 12:25am:
your computer outputs and relays data to a server

What server?

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #27 - Feb 19th, 2017 at 2:07am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Feb 19th, 2017 at 1:22am:
If it made sense, it would be a very powerful idea.

What server?

in the example quoted the server referenced is the one in boston that hosts DDO

what do you mean when you say "if it made sense"

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #28 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Feb 19th, 2017 at 2:07am:
what do you mean when you say "if it made sense"

He's referring to the part where your explanation of peer-to-peer technology as it applies to MMOs sounds like an ether-induced day-dream.

Peer-to-peer technologies work because no one is in much of a rush. One machine downloads a part of a problem, solves it, and uploads it again. It works great for tackling large problems(protein folding, bitcoin, etc) or moving around data(bit torrent).

Its hard to see how you'd apply that to something requiring a lot of real-time or near real-time feedback, such as an MMO. At least a fun MMO, I'm sure you could make something shitty like Curiosity that way.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint