Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Racial past life template discussion (Read 18949 times)
Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Re: Racial past life template discussion
Reply #50 - Mar 25th, 2017 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Mar 24th, 2017 at 11:38am:
SImple solution, you skip it.
We have with reaper so much heroic xp that we can choose what content we want to run and what to skip.

Well yeah. I can see myself doing a couple lives as a barb to not get bored, but that's because I have a static.

For solo, that issue is for any quest: what you do on a pack of mobs, that will have 2 champs at least, let's say 2 reapers spawn (one is that one that does slow)? Spam temp hp clickie? Not very sustainable.

Evard rules, if all classes had that nice and sexy no save CC there would be more diversity.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #51 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 6:02am
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Mar 25th, 2017 at 6:35pm:
Well yeah. I can see myself doing a couple lives as a barb to not get bored, but that's because I have a static.

For solo, that issue is for any quest: what you do on a pack of mobs, that will have 2 champs at least, let's say 2 reapers spawn (one is that one that does slow)? Spam temp hp clickie? Not very sustainable.

Evard rules, if all classes had that nice and sexy no save CC there would be more diversity.

Agree totally.
Oh right not sure if we added it here, and to lazy to actually check but xbow builds do quite ok.
Some 6 ranger 2 artie split and then pick any class that gives highest bab possible to get impr precise as fast as possible.
Saw it do quite ok with para imbue perma ccing everything on r 4 and below, would work on any race with some having more benefit then others.

(just to break monotomy of warlocking)

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #52 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 8:57am
Print Post  
About to do this split with rogue for sneaky dmg.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #53 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 11:51am
Print Post  
repeater builds are amazing while leveling, especially with int to damage from Harper at like level 3 or 4

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #54 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
I missed that key detail on the first note about xbows.  I've planned out doing a paralyze repeater build.  At least until that gets corrected.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #55 - Apr 8th, 2017 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Secondary imbues from AA also work with xbows, or just primaries?

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #56 - Apr 8th, 2017 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
wow. this thread is racist.
« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2017 at 2:34pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Apr 8th, 2017 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Apr 8th, 2017 at 2:30pm:
Secondary imbues from AA also work with xbows, or just primaries? 

the imbues from the cores don't work with anything but bows (unless there's a feature I'm not aware of - and I've played around with it quite a lot)

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #58 - Apr 8th, 2017 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Apr 8th, 2017 at 7:50pm:
and I've played around with it quite a lot

God bless you. It's due to intrepid souls such as yourself that we know it doesn't cause blindness.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 10:13am
Print Post  
I must suck at repeater because my experience has always been terribly different from casters or revamped melees.

@hydra try changing to bow then back to pewpew. Guess this isn't a secret at this point no reason to be a fight club fag about it

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 10:14am
Print Post  
Maybe I'm too used to zerg and boom everything in an AoE. Can't do that very well with repeaters, and can't do at all before IPS (basically lv 1-14 for most builds)
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2017 at 10:14am by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Apr 9th, 2017 at 10:13am:
I must suck at repeater because my experience has always been terribly different from casters or revamped melees.

@hydra try changing to bow then back to pewpew. Guess this isn't a secret at this point no reason to be a fight club fag about it

This does not work with the bow imbues in the cores (shadow arrows, metalline, morphing, etc) from my testing. This only works on the imbues in the tree (force, paralyzing, etc).

Like I said, I've tried many different ways to get shadow arrows to work with shuriken and haven't been successful. Your method obviously works for the imbues in the tree though.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #62 - Apr 13th, 2017 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Think I am settling on arti 2, ranger 4, rogue 12.  Yeah, 18....last two don't count.  Getting elemental dmg on large repeaters until I respec to great xbow.  Doesn't appear that reaper lowers the elemental dmg added from arcane archer.  Or, that elemental damage is just super nice with the repeater.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #63 - Apr 13th, 2017 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Apr 13th, 2017 at 12:53pm:
Think I am settling on arti 2, ranger 4, rogue 12.  Yeah, 18....last two don't count.  Getting elemental dmg on large repeaters until I respec to great xbow.  Doesn't appear that reaper lowers the elemental dmg added from arcane archer.  Or, that elemental damage is just super nice with the repeater.

I just did arti/rogue/ranger for ranger past life, the force arrow imbue is sexy

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Goon
Korthos Resident

Reply #64 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Is the consensus still that the best Racial PL acquiring builds are:

1. Warlock
2. Rogue/Ranger/Arti
3. Barbarian

Assuming not caring about Reaper XP or going into Epics? Just 1-20?

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 9:36am
Print Post  
I personally like 1Rogue/7Fighter/12Wizard

Rogue
5 Fighter
12 Wizard
2 Fighter

Eldritch for Tensors and Arcane Failure buffs, Fighter for the Stalwart and boost to PRR, & Feats, Rogue because you'd have to be stupid to pass on the trap/lock xp

Upgrade my gear every couple of levels with a full set (wonderous @ 14 obviously), and wearing Full Plate with VIRTUALLY with no failure is always fun

R3 Solo & above can be a BIT of a slog.. but only if its fucking beholders or anything that spams neg level

Stunning Shield is REALLY nice as long as you put the DCs into it
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2017 at 11:43am by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #66 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 10:48am
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 9:36am:
I personally like 1Rogue/7Fighter/12Wizard

Rogue
5 Fighter
12 Wizard
2 Fighter

Eldritch for Tensors and Arcane Failure buffs, Fighter for the Stalwart and boost to PRR, & Feats, Rogue because you'd have to be stupid to pass on the trap/lock xp

Upgrade my gear aver couple of levels with a full set (wonderous @ 14 obviously), and wearing Full Plate with VIRTUALLY with no failure is always fun

R3 Solo & above can be a BIT of a slog.. but only if its fucking beholders or anything that spams neg level

Stunning Shield is REALLY nice as long as you put the DCs into it

This build would likely be better with Arty instead of Rogue.

1 Rogue gets you basically nothing but traps.

But 1 Arty gets you traps, exotic Xbows, Rapid Reload, Magical Training, Medium Armour and a dog to pull levers right out of the gate.

Also, I believe that Arty + Wiz results in more SP than either one alone, for some reason.

If you can run as a Helf/Elf/Drow/Morniglord, Arcane Fluidity can reduce armour ASF% to nothing.

It doesn't affect shields however, so you'll need a Sapphire of Spell Agility or a crafted item with Twilight (or both).

I doubt this build is better than Warlock or Barb (espeically splashed for traps), but at least it's something different.  Grin
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2017 at 10:57am by Metal-Beast »  

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 11:35am
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 10:48am:
This build would likely be better with Arty instead of Rogue.

1 Rogue gets you basically nothing but traps. *Which is why I took it*

But 1 Arty gets you traps, exotic Xbows, Rapid Reload, Magical Training, Medium Armour and a dog to pull levers right out of the gate. *Fair enough, but I already have an entire slew of nice Longbows, and Rogue gives me the most starting skill points to help overcome the deficit of being a Fighter*

Also, I believe that Arty + Wiz results in more SP than either one alone, for some reason.*with over 1k by my teens, and I only use it for buffs, point is moot*

If you can run as a Helf/Elf/Drow/Morniglord, Arcane Fluidity can reduce armour ASF% to nothing. *This is for Racials... or did you forget that?*

It doesn't affect shields however, so you'll need a Sapphire of Spell Agility or a crafted item with Twilight (or both).

I doubt this build is better than Warlock or Barb (espeically splashed for traps), but at least it's something different.  Grin

Oookay.. thanks?

My point being its a flat, no tweak, no surpries build for steamrolling Racial past lives...
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2017 at 11:36am by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #68 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 11:49am
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 11:35am:
But 1 Arty gets you traps, exotic Xbows, Rapid Reload, Magical Training, Medium Armour and a dog to pull levers right out of the gate. *Fair enough, but I already have an entire slew of nice Longbows, and Rogue gives me the most starting skill points to help overcome the deficit of being a Fighter*

If you're running as mostly Wiz... You should have enough pts in INT to compensate for the skill pts lost.

It boils down to personal preference of Free Feats vs. skill pts.

Since Search and Disable are the only truly necessary skills for trapping, I'll take the feats.

YMMV.

If you can run as a Helf/Elf/Drow/Morniglord, Arcane Fluidity can reduce armour ASF% to nothing. *This is for Racials... or did you forget that?*

Which is why it was qualified with "if". Or did you miss that? Perhaps I should have qualified further with: "If you're running Helf/Elf/Drow Racial past Lives you can take Arcane Fluidity."

Morninglord was a gaff. My bad.

Otherwise, proceed as normal.

My point being its a flat, no tweak, no surpries build for steamrolling Racial past lives...

My point was that you MAY get more mileage from 1 Arty over 1 rogue for faster, easier steamrolling.

Soooo... You're Welcome?
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2017 at 11:50am by Metal-Beast »  

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Sep 19th, 2017 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
I am on my 12th racial past life right now and am very surprised to find that the pure monk life I am doing right now has so far been the quickest to zerg through R2 content.

I am level 12 now so this is when a Warlock would probably start pulling ahead but so far nothing has been as fast for Reaper solo'ing as this WW attack at level 6 pure monk.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 10:37am
Print Post  
If you have caster past lives, then fiend Warlock 41 SE/27 TS is the defacto champ for RTRs.  Colors of the Queen, Energy Criticals, Skill Mastery, Brace and Morninglord PLs only make it better.

If you have melee past lives, then it's hard to go wrong with slarden's 12 arti/6 fighter/2 monk.  Doubleshot, Enchant Weapon, Skill Mastery and Brace PLs only make it better.

The common thread between them is wand and scroll mastery, high UMD, and high concentration for scroll use.  You need to be able to heal others, even if you're soloing with a hire.  The higher the UMD earlier on, the lower the level you can use more efficient healing scrolls. 
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2017 at 10:41am by Carpone »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #71 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 10:37am:
If you have caster past lives, then fiend Warlock 41 SE/27 TS is the defacto champ for RTRs.  Colors of the Queen, Energy Criticals, Skill Mastery, Brace and Morninglord PLs only make it better.

If you have melee past lives, then it's hard to go wrong with slarden's 12 arti/6 fighter/2 monk.  Doubleshot, Enchant Weapon, Skill Mastery and Brace PLs only make it better.

The common thread between them is wand and scroll mastery, high UMD, and high concentration for scroll use.  You need to be able to heal others, even if you're soloing with a hire.  The higher the UMD earlier on, the lower the level you can use more efficient healing scrolls. 

This. 

I have two characters I'm moving through PL's right now.  One plays the above mentioned warlock build.  The other plays the Arti build mentioned.  Both are very easy.  Although, sometimes I go great old one instead of fiend pact to mix it up a bit.  Acid damage is a better damage type.  Plus when running with a fiend warlock, its a bunch of green and red cones flying around.  Looks like Christmas.

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
I find the pure Warlock build to be a little weak in the first 7 or 8 levels or so.  I like to go Arti level 1 for trap ability and repeater. 

Bonus points if you are on gnome lives and can use the racials to get a pretty massive boost to light repeater damage. That combined with some Harper early on let's you just breeze through the early levels.
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2017 at 1:14pm by Ulysses »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #73 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
I go monk. Why? Because fuck everything else. I love wholesale slaughter as a monk.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #74 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 20th, 2017 at 1:28pm:
I go monk. Why? Because fuck everything else. I love wholesale slaughter as a monk.

Monks are still great fun in heroics.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint