Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Reaper - which defensive abilities benefit us (Read 5872 times)
SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reaper - which defensive abilities benefit us
Mar 11th, 2017 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Which of the reaper Prr/Mrr defenses benefit our summons, hirelings, et?

Wizard undead summons benefit from it, what else?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Re: Reaper - which defensive abilities benefit us
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Mar 11th, 2017 at 6:07pm:
summons, hirelings, et?

Have you considered a lower difficulty setting?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Mar 11th, 2017 at 6:39pm:

You clearly don't understand the purpose of this post. It's geared toward being able to solo high reaper heroic quests. A charmed enemy can take a lot of aggro.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
Clearly

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Mar 11th, 2017 at 6:39pm:

You have it exactly backwards.  If he were talking about elite, then pointing and laughing would be fair game.  Because real men don't need hires in elite content.

But in reaper?  Self-heals got turfed, and an idiot healer-on-a-stick can be very handy at times.  (feel free to add another dash between idiot and healer, if you like)

The answer to the OPs question is still "None," because all you need is good management skills.  Even wasting feats/enhancements/ED points for boosting charmed critters is pointless.  Charm one, let the gang of mobs around it start beating it to death, and you (and your group if you're not solo) get to come into range for an aggro-free win.

Enlarge spell is the most useful metamagic now.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Mar 11th, 2017 at 6:07pm:
Hi,

Which of the reaper Prr/Mrr defenses benefit our summons, hirelings, et?

Wizard undead summons benefit from it, what else?

None. Do any of the enhancements say they work on hires, summons etc? Then what makes you think they would?

If I gave you a bulletproof vest and then shot your pet dog, cat or goldfish in the chest would it get any advantage from the vest you were wearing and it was not? Probably not but feel free to try this little experiment on your own until you run out of pets.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #6 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Mar 11th, 2017 at 10:03pm:
You have it exactly backwards.  If he were talking about elite, then pointing and laughing would be fair game.  Because real men don't need hires in elite content.

But in reaper?  Self-heals got turfed, and an idiot healer-on-a-stick can be very handy at times.  (feel free to add another dash between idiot and healer, if you like)

The answer to the OPs question is still "None," because all you need is good management skills.  Even wasting feats/enhancements/ED points for boosting charmed critters is pointless.  Charm one, let the gang of mobs around it start beating it to death, and you (and your group if you're not solo) get to come into range for an aggro-free win.

Enlarge spell is the most useful metamagic now.

This reminds me of the firs time we ran DQ at lvl 12 right when it came out (Khyber, I was in the Free Companions then). We managed to bug her off the side and ran in circles down below kiting her until she died. My guild leader was so mad that I basically solo'd the new raid on my ranger while they were all dead watching me backwards kite he made up a reason to kick me out. He wanted to be the bestest.

That was the beginning of A LOT of solo DQ backward running kite raids. Though eventually they changed mechanics, put in djinns and lava, and I was constrained to running small circles with those fucking tendon slicing gnoll archers.

Ah memories of running backwards trying no to die.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #7 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
Referring to your circle jerk kite of Drow red name at end, btw

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #8 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 10:50am
Print Post  

Yes and no. I forgot about charmed mobs. You however, seem to think buffing Wyoh is a plan. And that you know what a real man needs (which is TMI ... frankly).

SpaceGoat wrote on Mar 11th, 2017 at 9:19pm:
A charmed enemy can take a lot of aggro.

That said, why would you want charmed mobs to have more hp left when the charm wears off?

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Mar 12th, 2017 at 10:50am:
You however, seem to think buffing Wyoh is a plan.

You however, seem to lack reading comprehension.

The answer to the OPs question is still "None," because all you need is good management skills.

I know you're busy demonstrating that you don't have any ability to think logically, but exactly how many charmed mobs can you 'manage?'  They don't suddenly get a hireling hotbar.

Revaulting wrote on Mar 12th, 2017 at 10:50am:
That said, why would you want charmed mobs to have more hp left when the charm wears off?

More examples of how you fail at logic forever.

Allow me to lay out a typical scenario, and hopefully your tiny little brain might be able to follow along without you drooling into your keyboard:

You run into the typical pile of 6 mobs.
You charm one.
The other 5 all aggro on it and start beating it to death.
You kill those 5.

Now, here's the part where you have to think a little bit.  I'm sure you can do it, just try not to move your lips when you read:

When you release your charmed mob, assuming he wasn't killed by his former friends, and having just killed 5 mobs, why would you think that killing 1 other would be in any way a challenge?

Summation for the brain-dead: 5 is more than 1, except for very large values of 1.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 11th, 2017 at 11:35pm:
Referring to your circle jerk kite of Drow red name at end, btw

Not mine, for the record.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Don't think taking any feats that buff the charms is worth it. How much more damage does a charmed mob deals if it has +4 STR? No idea but I would be suprised if it was noticiable. If you're going for charm, just build a normal caster, max the DC etc etc.

Same for PRR/MRR etc. After all it's not a problem if the charms die, you want that to happen anyways.
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2017 at 3:21pm by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #12 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Mar 12th, 2017 at 2:53pm:
You however, seem to lack reading comprehension.

Weird. Maybe that shouldn't be your go-to.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #13 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Wait, opener do you mean that reaper enchas from defensive tree benefit our summons?
That could make dodge oozes funny xd

(im kinda confused by your question, do you mean what defensive stat is best for reaper for summons/pets, do you mean what stat from reaper items we could transfer to pets, or do you mean that trees actually transfer bonuses to our pets?)
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2017 at 7:30pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Mar 12th, 2017 at 7:22pm:
Wait, opener do you mean that reaper enchas from defensive tree benefit our summons?
That could make dodge oozes funny xd

(im kinda confused by your question, do you mean what defensive stat is best for reaper for summons/pets, do you mean what stat from reaper items we could transfer to pets, or do you mean that trees actually transfer bonuses to our pets?)

Nope, I specifically was looking to see if REAPER defense boosts would apply to our summons, oozes, arti dog, etc.Like what would get buffed and what would not.

Purpose is to run some really really low level heroics on 5+ skull

Darth and Revaulting were a little confused. I'm not looking for enchantments to buff by summons lol.
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2017 at 8:24pm by SpaceGoat »  

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Mar 12th, 2017 at 8:22pm:
Nope, I specifically was looking to see if REAPER defense boosts would apply to our summons, oozes, arti dog, etc.Like what would get buffed and what would not.

Why the fuck would you think it would or even might? You're reaching for an alternate reality. You really are a Space Goat aren't you.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
platfarmchink wrote on Mar 12th, 2017 at 8:30pm:
Why the fuck would you think it would or even might? You're reaching for an alternate reality. You really are a Space Goat aren't you.

Is I mentioned in the OP, it does for the wizard skeleton knight. Why that happens? IdK, it's buggy, so I'm trying to find if anything else falls under that umbrella.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 10:53pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Mar 13th, 2017 at 4:56am
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Mar 12th, 2017 at 3:21pm:
Don't think taking any feats that buff the charms is worth it. How much more damage does a charmed mob deals if it has +4 STR? No idea but I would be suprised if it was noticiable. If you're going for charm, just build a normal caster, max the DC etc etc.

Same for PRR/MRR etc. After all it's not a problem if the charms die, you want that to happen anyways.

Just because Turbine says such and such bonus is (insert shitty useless bonus that no one would ever take here) doesn't mean it is.  Advice to the OP is to experiment around and see what works.  THe last thing you want to do is come here for advice from people who are incapable of innovating and have never ever come up with anything on their own.  

All these people are capable of doing is running their mouths off like puppets regurgitating what they think Shade (or whoever the asshat of the day happens to be) taught them (of course in reality what I was doing 2-3 years before Shade caught onto).

The common routine here is to exile anyone with new or innovative ideas, and then wait long enough for their short term memory to fizzle out and then mysteriously "come up" with the idea for themselves years later.   

Moral to the story?  Turbine's shitty "+4 bonus to all hirlings" may be much more than it says in the text.  Especially if Turbine is in one of its "moods" to try to get people to innovate and come up w/ new techniques.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Mar 13th, 2017 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Mar 13th, 2017 at 4:56am:
Just because Turbine says such and such bonus is (insert shitty useless bonus that no one would ever take here) doesn't mean it is.  Advice to the OP is to experiment around and see what works.  THe last thing you want to do is come here for advice from people who are incapable of innovating and have never ever come up with anything on their own.  

All these people are capable of doing is running their mouths off like puppets regurgitating what they think Shade (or whoever the asshat of the day happens to be) taught them (of course in reality what I was doing 2-3 years before Shade caught onto).

The common routine here is to exile anyone with new or innovative ideas, and then wait long enough for their short term memory to fizzle out and then mysteriously "come up" with the idea for themselves years later.   

Moral to the story?  Turbine's shitty "+4 bonus to all hirlings" may be much more than it says in the text.  Especially if Turbine is in one of its "moods" to try to get people to innovate and come up w/ new techniques.

And this is why, ladies and gentleman, children should not be allowed to used the internet.

They turn everything to drama, creating the most nonsensical arguments in order to insult other giving sound advice based on what is currently working.

It is some kind of lack of self esteem, they can't control their ego, they need to put down other in order to self affirmate, and in desperation to do it, they end up only making the most ridiculous statements. Sorry but the more you talk the more you embarrass yourself (really, read what you wrote here, what's next? Going to insult anone who advises to not take Nimble Fingers feat because it MIGHT have some bug because of some conspiracy theory from SSG?).

You must be really hurt, boy. Are you Lelouch or Jakeelela? Take a breath, stay out of drama for 2 weeks, it will pass.
« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2017 at 8:53am by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

SkankHunt42
Korthos Resident

Reply #20 - Mar 13th, 2017 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Mar 13th, 2017 at 11:38am:
And this is why, ladies and gentleman, children should not be allowed to used the internet.

They turn everything to drama, creating the most nonsensical arguments in order to insult other giving sound advice based on what is currently working.

It is some kind of lack of self esteem, they can't control their ego, they need to put down other in order to self affirmate, and in desperation to do it, they end up only making the most ridiculous statements. Sorry but the more you talk the more you embarrass yourself (really, read what you wrote here).

You must be really hurt, boy. Are you Lelouch or Jakeelela? Take a breath, stay out of drama for 2 weeks, it will pass.

I was just going to say the regular "butthurt much?", but you covered all the bases.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint